Search results for query: *

1. albamuth

SP - General NPC's should all be able to switch vocation/roles

Summary: Allow every single NPC in the game - noble, notable, wanderer, gang leader, village elder, runaway children - to switch roles/vocation at any time, when conditions are right or it suits their personality. Possibilities: Too many nobles get killed in a faction? Maybe a successful...
  2. albamuth

SP - General Armor System Change: Maximum and Minimum Damage

That would be a bit wierd.
    Then a spear on your plate armor, would give more or less max damage. So no power was stopped at all.

Good point, my formula are a bit half-thought-out, the main idea I wanted to communicate was the idea of max/min damage, plus the 3 types of damage.
  3. albamuth

SP - General Armor System Change: Maximum and Minimum Damage

TL;DR: Instead of a simple armor rating, each piece of armor gets a Max/Min damage based on type, where weak hits are ignored, but hits damage above a certain threshold is transferred directly to the wearer. The idea is the simple stat given to armor doesn't quite work for the different types...
  4. albamuth

SP - General Overhaul Combat Physics: Momentum, Friction, Attractors and Stickiness

Edited to add some notes about horse collisions.
  5. albamuth

SP - Battles & Sieges Suggestion to improve Combat: Momentum, Friction, and Attractor-Stickiness

Fantastic post, I hope the devs take notice.
    If any ONE thing from my suggestions were to be implemented, I would wish it were the trees acting as repulsors to horses. Slamming into trees constantly for myself and the AI is one of the most annoying things in the game right now.
  6. albamuth

SP - Battles & Sieges Suggestion to improve Combat: Momentum, Friction, and Attractor-Stickiness

That would not be so bad then, although many of the combatants in Bannerlord are modeled after groups who did not fight with tight unit formations; the Celt shield wall (Battanian) was very loose and quickly broke into a charge or individual smaller units trying to flank and individual combat... nothing like the roman shieldwall. The Khuzait and Aserai would not fight in tight formations; maybe to an extent Vlandians and Sturgians would. For the Empire though, having tighter formations and staying locked up would be a better representation, but you can't lock their opponents in as well or you lose the essence of their fighting styles.
    Excellent point, and I agree that attractor/repulsors should not affect the player-controlled character at all. EXCEPT -- I feel that there's certain "cheats" that should be made to make up for the player's limitations, like aiming a couched lance. I can never seem to line up the lance correctly in 3rd person, and I don't want to switch to 1st all the time, so I think that at higher polearm skill level, there should be a little bit of auto-aiming taking place so it's not so reliant on player skill.

As far as different fighting styles -- absolutely; the position/strength and flavor of attractor-repulsors could be set per culture, and modified by the unit's skill level and current state of morale. It would give reasons to mix and match or separate troops from different cultures. You could even create a whole new game mechanic where you drill your troops in certain formations until they become much better at maintaining that formation.
  7. albamuth

SP - General Re-edit Armor/Shield Stats

So in other words there are 3 categories: Pierce, slash, crush.
    Like the idea, but can we please just call the 3 categories poke, slice, and bonk?
  8. albamuth

SP - General Overhaul Combat Physics: Momentum, Friction, Attractors and Stickiness

TL;DR: By treating each unit as a particle with momentum and friction, as well as reacting to attractors (and repulsors), you can resolve bottlenecks and dumb behavior, as well as adding realism and more tactical depth to the game. 1. Momentum: When riding into a crowd, the units on foot slide...
  9. albamuth

Updating and reowkinr physics would be best update but that might be impossible. As i say, they know whats worth their time and in this case it may be not, then we have to live with it.
    More over, they might need to scrap and begin developing a code from scratch. From my gaming XP, core mechanics are never reworked after they release it in Alpha version of the game.
    Unfortunately, you're right!

I was not part of the Beta test, otherwise I would have noticed this and made the suggestion earlier. In games, it becomes readily apparent what games utilize momentum in their animations and which do not -- if you press a direction and your character instantly is moving at top velocity in that direction, then you have a game without momentum-based physics. (when a keypress = velocity, rather than keypress = force) Multiplayer online action games that don't have momentum annoy me, because it allows "twitchy" players to spam the direction/jump buttons and negates the whole point of tactics.
  10. albamuth

That almost all makes sense and I agree with 90% especially horses serving to avoid trees and momentum.

That part about attractors and repulsors I am trying to envision and not sure how that would look. So nearby shields in a shield wall would 'snap' together when the men move close for the formation 'stance' that allows less personal space?
    It's actually quite simple in practice. Imagine an attractor simply exerts a pulling force and a repulsor exerts a pushing force. As the horse gets closer to the tree, the repulsor force gets stronger in the direction perpendicular to the vector between horse and tree.

The snapping of shields together is exactly how I would envision it.

Opposing attackers would have their shields drawn to the defenders shields and create a big shoving match?

If you watch The Last Kingdom or the HBO series Rome (just the first episode), you'll get an idea of how shieldwall tactics work. This tactic goes back further than the Roman Empire, with Greek Phalanxes and such - it was the de facto way wars were fought for thousands of years. I'm no historical expert but watching two waves on infantry come together and idiotically chop each other to bits in seconds just doesn't look right to me.Tactics were tests of endurance, discipline, and clever ways of maximizing resources, not just numbers.
  11. albamuth

TL;DR: By treating each unit as a particle with momentum and friction, as well as reacting to attractors (and repulsors), you can resolve bottlenecks and dumb behavior, as well as adding realism and more tactical depth to the game. 1. Momentum: When riding into a crowd, the units on foot slide...
  12. albamuth

Suggestion: Momentum, Friction and Attractors - a possible major improvement to combat

Your ideas are good, but they're done with this game. Take your suggestions to the Bannerlord board, where you'll find a much warmer reception to your ideas. Anyways I don't think the original M&B's engine could handle all of that.
    I'm an idiot and didn't realize what forum I was posting on!! HAhahaha *headsmack*
  13. albamuth

Suggestion: Momentum, Friction and Attractors - a possible major improvement to combat

14. albamuth

Ballista - terrible/no mouse inversion

I was able to hit 2 attackers at once in an attacking crowd. The only problem is that all 3 other ballista were not being crewed even though I spent time carefully positioning groups of archers near them. During the deploy stage I noticed that blue gears appeared when mousing over the ballista, clicking on them didn't seem to do anything. There were no tooltips or tutorial instructions.
  15. albamuth

Resolved Quest: The Spy Party - Spy not spawning

Same bug, I saved the game in the city menu with the intent of savescumming the contestants, picked the wrong guy, reloaded, but upon returning to where they used to be (in 3 different areas of Varcheg), they have been replaced by generic thugs.
  16. albamuth

SP Other [WB] WarDrobe

Great mod!
    but....
    I'm trying to merge the non-modular system into Silverstag with the Queen's Blade add-on.
    Problem #1: Silverstag did not have a skelefem.brf included, they were using the default one, so that was the first error I tried to fix by using Wardrobe's (tried both old and new). This fixed an error on initial load saying that skelefem wasn't loading. I played for a while, then when I got one of the queen's blade armors (loaded an old character export with lots of money, or couse)

Problem #2: the skin underneath was invisible. I tried changing skel_fem in skins.txt to skel_human_female, no luck with that. I tried adding the qbexport.brf file and loading the resource in modules.ini -- didn't help either. I tried overwriting with the New Female Body mod files (newfem.brf and the appropriate lines in all the .txt / .ini's) and still invisible bodies (no loading errors, though).

So I might have missed something, but can you give a clue on the exact dependencies in play with WarDrobe/Queen's blade having to do with the body files? Do I need a different body_meshes.brf?
  17. albamuth

Dev Blog 04/10/18

This is a welcome addition.

A small suggestion: have an advisor AI that helps you make decisions -- for example, you may set a macro goal of "increasing the treasury" and a pop-up advisor hints at what will help in that respect (point out unnecessary spending, or inefficiencies). Perhaps you could appoint a Lord or NPC as an advisor, or perhaps several that specialize (finances, strategy, politics, etc.) This would help make the screens of tabs and charts less alienating.
  18. albamuth

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

It looks like so much detail has gone into the simulation (it looks great). I wonder if your economic / circulation rules will hold up on a procedurally-generated map?
Back
Top Bottom