Search results for query: *

1. Varrak

SP - General Capital City

Each faction could have one Capital City (main fief of the leading faction), it could have some different mark than others when zoomed out in the map. There could be permanent diplomat that stays in capital cities, so even if we couldn't find the leader of one faction, we could just talk with...
  2. Varrak

SP - General Please add along side Rebellions the Civil War mechanics

+1

Imagine the king dies, and there are multiple children. Some clans in that faction would randomly support one, and others support other ones, and faction would be divided into that number of mini-factions that will be at war until it's united again, and i one foreign faction declares war on one of those mini-factions, then all mini-faction would turn hostile to that attacker faction until they make peace with that mini faction they have attacked first place.

It could be fun imo
  3. Varrak

Information about developments at snowballing problem

Here is my two cents about some additional feature ideas, that i think would help prevent snowballing naturally, rather than changing values to put balance between factions forcefully. These feature ideas aren't actually new ideas, some are bulletproof features that have been implemented in more than dozen games, where army composition and market based economy exists.

Demographics penalty for rebellion: There is already rebellion in the game with the last patch, but i guess it's implementation, naturally, is lacking. This is not unexpected, it would take many patches to perfect it. Demographics penalty for rebellion would be that, if, for example Battania has 20 Battanian fiefs and 15 Vlandian fiefs, chance for one rebellion in Vlandian fiefs would be higher than another scenario with 20 Battanian + 5 Vlandian fiefs under Battanian control. There could be some math to calculate additional rebellion chance for those Vlandian fiefs under Battanian control. More different cultured fiefs one faction gets, fiefs with that culture in that faction would get additional rebellion risk point. A lot of games uses this type of features.

How would that prevent snowballing naturally? If one faction expands aggressively, they would face higher rebellion risks than others who don't expand as much aggressive. (Assimilation feature would be needed to balance this feature, or no faction would get so big even after centuries).

Faction aggressiveness penalty for rebellion: There is already aggressiveness as a kind of variable if i remember correct. If one faction is warmongering so much, that faction's cities would have higher loyalty loss penalty during and after the war (effect would gradually decrease when the war is over). This would put additional stress on lords to side with peace. Some games use such features for rebellion calculations.

War targets: A lot of games have that, factions would have their own justifications and targets to achieve, before declaring war. How would that help prevent snowballing? There are wars that start in the beginning of the game, and continue like they will never end until one is no more. I guess war targets would add a lot of color into the game, and help prevent snowballing naturally.

City States: Rebellion feature was very needed, but i think it could be more fun to see city states, like one city-factions. If a rebelled clan fails to join any faction, they would create their own faction. How would this prevent snowballing? It would add more balls into the diplomacy pool, imo this ca naturally slows down the overall expansion of factions.

Pike bracing units (Pikemen): As a 5th unit after inf, archers, cav, horse archers, they would have their own division. I remember reading that TW already plans to add Pike bracing units. So, instead of changing cav ratios of factions to put balance, AI battle calculation would count Pikemen as a negative variable for enemy cavs (and non-Khuzait factions would have more Pikemen naturally). How would that help prevent snowballing? Imo, it at least would help prevent certain snowballings where Khuzait is the one leading the race, and there wouldn't need to play with the cav ratios in armies. I personally find Khuzait realistic for them to have many cavs, even tho i don't like playing with them. Pikemen unit would be a natural antidose againt cav-based factions. (also shock troops need to have their own divission too, instead of getting stuck with shield infantry).
  4. Varrak

Beta 1.4.3 - Snowballing worse than ever (better than ever after hotfix).

I strongly suggest TW to download "diplomacy fixes" mod and test "war exhaustion" feature, "corruption" feature and "over extension" feature that the mod adds. You will either think that, that is how it should have been, or you would get some good ideas out of it. Those features pretty much block snowballing.

Also, wars still don't make sense, factions are still waging wars against factions that are either so far away or factions that would help agains their bigger enemies as an ally. Do factions declare war others randomly? Why factions declare war when they are already struggling with one existing war? Will there be "claiming enemy fief" feature before the battle? I have great hopes in TW that they have some pretty ideas foroverworld diplomacy system.
  5. Varrak

Beta Patch Notes e1.4.3

I hope factions will no longer declare war on factions on the other side of the map. Can't wait to test new patch out, and if children will stop being exact copies of parents & will have actual skills, i would even give one long term campaign a go ☺
  6. Varrak

Problem with the war declaration mechanic of AI

There are two main issues with current AI behaviour over war declarations: - Factions declaring war on other factions that have no neighboring fief & that are on the other side of the continent. - Factions declaring war on other factions while having multiple active wars. as an example below...
  7. Varrak

Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

As much as there is still a ways to go with Bannerlord; the physics and graphical improvements are just too good for me to give up now.
    Same. Luckily that there are mods to fix most critical parts of the game so it's somehow playable.
  8. Varrak

Marriage

I'm sure marriage system is just placeholder. Even warband's marriage system was thousands of times more interesting. It could actually take effort & time, and it made sense to learn all those poems. I expect TW to come up with even more interesting marriage system, after current placeholder crap gone.
  9. Varrak

? Alpha & Beta Branches Feedback

There is this mod
    for "fief distribution problem", so far so good for me. This could be useful until TW patches the bug.

------

Seems like a bug since the -240 debuiff says due to Prosperity' which doesn't make sense since prosperity is so high.
    Take "prosperity" as "population". They are not exactly same, but food consumption of the town could be explained with this way. Higher prosperity your town have, more food consuption there will be. So, unless your town happen to have pretty decent villages with decent food production, high prosperity is actually a bad thing for your town. There are some mods on nexus which push down prosperity aggressively when food balance falls into negative values.
  10. Varrak

Beta Patch Notes e1.4.0

No. Perks are already a priority, we will hopefully share some info on that soonish.
    Sweet :giggle:
  11. Varrak

Beta Patch Notes e1.4.0

I'v been waiting either for 1.4 branch or CommunityPatch to step out and deal with the broken perk system. Guess I have to wait for another week so Tyler could update his mod to fit the "new" perk system requirements. naaah.....:???:

TW developer was talking about "putting pressure on perk team by posting in forums", so, maybe we need to open a rage thread about perks and mods could pin that thread, would that work?
  12. Varrak

Another quick patch has been pushed to Beta branch

I think that influence is mostly internal politics mechanics at the moment, but maybe it'd be better if it had wider approach.
    Currently, player can use influence points to get more relationship with other clans. Afaik AI cannot do that (i may be wrong). So if AI clans also do that with excess influence points, i dont think there would ever be influence inflation.
  13. Varrak

Another quick patch has been pushed to Beta branch

Maybe Clans would use few hundred influences to boost relationship with some other clans within the faction, if they happen to have more than 5k influence. This could create more dynamic gameplay specially after Rebellion feature is added to the game, that, independent city-state clans could invite other clans to their factions easier with good relationship, and there would not be influence inflation. I currently use a mod that caps the influence at 5k so no clan can get more than 5k influence, but i would prefer clans to use excess influence to get relationship with other clans to deal with influence inflation rather than using a mod.
  14. Varrak

Is this game feature complete?

Lots to do. Currently, native game is pretty much unplayable without mods. I got around 25 mods, and nearly all of them either add a feature that main game supposed to have (and probably will have) at some point, or they fix something broken in the game.

I have removed around 5 mods since the release, because game patches fixed things that mods fixed/added things that mods added, so i didn't need them. I can confidently say that when i won't need most of the mods that i currently have, game will be near to be feature complete.
  15. Varrak

BUG BETA Trade in 1.3 is borked.

Fastest way of making money is marriage, you can get 500k-1m worth itemset from your spouse by giving 3k-5k to her parent.

I hope TW will make it so that, spouse will join the clan with a lot cheaper items.
  16. Varrak

Patch Notes e1.2.1 & Beta Hotfix

For me the fps increased a lot in 1.3, the stuttering from 1.2 is almost gone. Great work.
    Same. Stuttering problem is mostly gone for me.
  17. Varrak

Terrible AI battle command and formation

I can confirm this, and i abuse this in every single battle, can takeover 1+k enemy with 200 troops with minimal losses ?

I just divide my archers into two divisions, putting them in left and right flanks, enemy AI rushes into my square-formation infantry. When AI losses a loooot of troops to my archers, they decide to attack my inf (wrapping my square inf formation) which made kill-feed go even more crazy since all AI just turn their back to my archers lol. No, AI inf doesn't attack right or left flanks (where my archers stand), just enemy cav does but they mostly keep being busy with my cav.

I reeeeally want to see smarter AI. Current battle AI is insanely dumb. First of all, enemy AI should be able to divide infantries and archers into two divisions, and move them seperately (just like how it does for Cavalry)

Currently, only part where battle AI actually capable to manage is Cavalry.
  18. Varrak

Patch Notes e1.2.0 & Beta e1.3.0

I think implementing a ban system for leaving the ongoing match, without implementing "surrender poll" system, will not get expected results. Players have to have an option for ending the ongoing match with a poll, if they are not allowed to leave.
  19. Varrak

Resolved Children Have No Skill Points When They Grow Up and Can't Get Any!

Same, i was on wait because of this bug, i wanted to take over my child when main dies, but no point to do that when skillswere broken.

"Grow Up and Work" mod kinda fixes this bug, so if you want to give it a try.
Back
Top Bottom