Search results for query: *

• Users: Durf
  • Order by date
  1. The value of Castles vs Towns

My opinions

Castles should:
    • be much much harder to attack than towns, the battle maps should favor the defenders significantly and simulated battles should favor castles significantly too
    • build up garrisons automatically and have higher tier units than towns, be a source of recruitment for higher tier troops/nobles
    • be linked to at least 1 nearby town similar to how towns have linked villages
    • send out patrols to hunt looters/bandits near their linked town
    • send out the majority of their garrison to aid in the defense of their linked town if its under siege
  2. Player character has to be faster.

Seems like lots and lots of different troop types just get a casual 100+ athletics, maybe they should just get slowed down
  3. Patch Notes e1.2.1 & Beta Hotfix

The Jeremus video is truly blessed
  4. What are hell is it? Black stranger things.

I've had the exact same problem before. I've heard turning off screen-space reflections makes it stop, but I haven't had it happen again since i saw that suggested and never changed anything, so who knows!
  5. [Beta 1.3.0] UX problems: Sim speed reset & auto-navigation when vassals create army

I have something to add to this point:
    2) If a vassal forms an army and "invites" you (game does not indicate this his happening), your party automatically moves to the location of the vassal

This happens even if you are waiting in a settlement, without telling you. It will show as if you are still in the settlement. You can even back out of the waiting screen and visit the shops or manage your town. But then when you leave the settlement, you will warp to where you have been actually moving towards the army.
  6. Beta 1.3.0: Ugliest bastards of Calradia

It looks like Temion's non-combat uniform should be a sailor outfit and an oversized lollipop
  7. Why is there no way to train troops except fights?

So a mod fixed things faster then the devs do?
    Individual modders are free to try whatever they want and throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. the game dev team probably has a design in mind and aren't willing to just try different stuff randomly that goes against the design, or implement stop-gaps for bigger things they know are planned to come up later.
  8. What small Quality of Life improvements would you want TW to implement?

I want the ESC key (or some other key like Spacebar) to always back out of menus. Right now, sometimes it backs out of a menu, and sometimes it opens the game menu.

I want to be able to use the hotkeys to go from one screen to another (character to inventory to party to faction etc.) without exiting the prior menu first.
  9. "Neretzes' Folly" and Empire lore?

I did notice that when starting a new game in 1.20, Penton was murdered as soon as I finished the tutorial too. Possibly unrelated, I had like -1 relations with tons of notable npcs everywhere before even meeting them. Did they frame me for his murder or something?
  10. (Vote included) New update and the caravan remains 30. And it was claimed it get supported

ZsFRY9U.png
  11. How long do your caravans last on e1.2.0 and e1.1.0?

I thought I'd throw this into the thread since I want this to be a little bit more statistically minded than other discussions and I like doing a bit of math for these things.

So the base price to buy a caravan is now 18,000 denars and they take about a week to start making money normally with wages of about 100 for a party size of 30. Income from them I think can safely average out at about 500 considering the time scale I'll be using and how they take a long time to start making the more significant amounts like 1000.

Initial investment: -18,000
    Upkeep per day: -100
    Income per day: 500

This means that you don't make your money back until about day 54, or late into week 7. Even if the devs' estimate percentage chance of 5% at a caravan being destroyed per day were correct (and thus this were actually going according to their plan), that would mean there is a 93.73% chance that you will lose money on your investment and a 30.17% chance of losing it by day 7.

The current numbers on the poll suggest a slightly higher rate of closer to a 40-50% chance of losing your caravan by day 7, so I'll lowball it a bit and say it's a 7% chance per day and thus 40% chance of losing it per week. That means:

- 40% chance to never get any income from your caravan.
    - 64% chance to get back less than 20% of your initial investment.
    - 78% chance to get back less than 40% of your initial investment.
    - 87% chance to get back less than 60% of your initial investment.
    - 92% chance to get back less than 80% of your initial investment.
    - 95% chance to get back less than 100% of your initial investment.
    - 97% chance to not get back your initial investment and pay back 83% of the caravan's wages.
    - 98% chance to never be profitable.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't think I'll ever be taking a 2% chance of making a few hundred denars off of a singular caravan, especially not when I have a 40% chance to just straight up lose as much as 18,700 denars. Mathematically, you're vastly more likely to make more money betting on who will lose a game of Russian roulette than you are using caravans as of this patch. Even if the devs' numbers were accurate, they clearly either hate caravans or didn't run the math at all considering that's still a 94% chance of never seeing a single denar of profit.

I rest my case.
    Sounds bleak
  12. Beta Branch Patch Notes e1.2.0

Maybe looters being so much more deadly in autoresolves is playing a part in how fragile caravans are now?
  13. Caravans should be safe income source or not?

Maybe you should be able to declare a caravan to be a domestic one that trades safely (bigger caravan, stays in friendly territory, less income) or a frontier caravan that is more risky (travels lighter, doesn't restrict its own movement, etc.) which makes more money but is more likely to get attacked. Either way though caravans should not be in a position where they are always being lost before they can even recoup their cost.
  14. Any way around having to clear hideouts?

Sometimes village npcs will have a quest to wipe out a local bandit lair, and you can opt to leave one of your companions behind with some troops and they'll automatically do it. I'm not sure if it is a quest for an existing hideout though, or if it spawns a new one for the quest when you accept it.
  15. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

Would really like to see a video of anyone in the training grounds and consistantly blocking with a 2h against the very first ai guy you can duel. Not kiting around and running out of range to dodge swings, but literally blocking a stream of attacks
  16. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

I am seeing people saying that autoblocking negates the disadvantages of using a 2h, but that's not true. The mechanics of autoblocking is that when you hold down the block button it primes a block in the direction of an incoming attack, that's all. With a shield you can just right click and hold and block everything, including missiles. With a 2h, you still need to prime the block at the right time to block an attack, you just don't need to specify the block direction, meanwhile you are still vulnerable to attacks from other directions as well as vulnerable to missiles.
  17. Comments: 3.0 Released

Yemeth said:
    Hanakoganei said:
    We posted some screenshots but it was mostly bugs lol. In reality there isn't much to show because the only visual stuff that has been added is the new equipment. Otherwise it's basically the same as Gekokujo 2.1a. A lot of the new systems and features can't really be captured by screenshots (or the screenshots would be boring, like a shot of Hokkaido from the world map).

Also there are several videos out there to showcase 3.0 beta, you just have to look in the thread for it. Durf, if you write specifics what are you interested in, I can make a video if I have access to it (currently have five microfaction forts).
    I was just teasing. I'm not looking for anything in particular. It's just normally modmakers who get hassled for content and I saw an opportunity to strike.
  18. Comments: 3.0 Released

phlpp said:
    What I want from you as a beta tester:

1) detailed descriptions of problems and how to replicate them

2) screenshots to show people in this thread what's new and different, because i've been working on this so long that i have no frame of reference anymore

You only had 2 things to do, beta testers!
  19. General Feedback: v0.15 (Current: Patch 12)

Regarding merchant gameplay, it'd be really cool if having a high enough trade skill could let you bring a haul of weapons and armor into a country that you didn't like and sell them to the bandits that roam there, maybe upgrading them and making them more dangerous or numerous.
  20. General Feedback: v0.15 (Current: Patch 12)

Regarding the UI: I like the direction you're going, and I like how everything feels consistent between different menus. I have a couple suggestions, though.

The inventory squares being such a similar color and texture to everything around them is a bit much. Vanilla had darker inventory squares compared to the surrounding area in the UI. I liked that. The darker square kind of implied a hole or a recess that you were putting something in, and it provided a little contrast to split things up into different areas.

As for the troop recruitment list, there's a couple of particular things that would be nice. First, it'd be nice if you could filter the list by the categories at the top. So, if you clicked 'Veterans' or 'Peasants' or whatever, it would only show them in the list below. Another useful thing would be a checkbox at the top of the recruitment panel to 'Only show troop types currently in my army'. That would make it easier to grab the exact kind of troops you want once you have a few already in place. Finally, adding a little more contrast to the recruitment buttons would be nice so the colors between the faded out buttons, active buttons, and UI background isn't so similar.
Back
Top Bottom