Search results for query: *

1. rayder

Bug reports thread

There seems to be some kind of pathing problem pertaining to bridges. Whenever I tell my character to cross a bridge on the world map instead of heading for the bridge it goes directly to the river and only then does it head for the bridge.
  2. rayder

Impressions / Suggestions

The Mercenary said:
    Chel, how did you change fist damage...?

Soak factor for blunt damage (straight up subtraction from the amount of damage) has been reduced from 0.3 in Native to 0.1 in EG III. Precentage reduction for blunt damage has been reduced from 0.65 to 0.2. I don't know exactly how the percentage reduction works but the soak reduction means that for every point of armor 0.1 blunt damage is removed. So 100 armor would take off 10 blunt damage. This is also the reason why cutting weapons are so ineffective against heavily armored opponents as their soak reduction has been increased from 0.65 to 1. Cutting weapons have no percentage reduction in EG III, however. But like I said, I don't know how the percentage reduction is applied, just know that it reduces damage as well.

It's also possible that base fist damage has been increased.
  3. rayder

Impressions / Suggestions

Fists are ridiculously powerful in this mod. They're more useful than swords against heavily armored opponents on foot.
  4. rayder

Bug reports thread

Practice Staff in the Arena is considered a polearm but uses one handed attack animations.
  5. rayder

Attack Animations

Is there a way to change the attack animations back to Native default? The ones that come with the mod are flashy and all but they change attack times too much, especially since I can't choose which animation will play.
  6. rayder

Why do you use a shield?

Ludial said:
    which doesn`t cover the nuts if it`s a Nordic or Khergit shield, and the knees and ankles if it`s Vaegir, Swadian or Rhodok shield. He`s still bust.

I think board shields cover the knees: check out this technical diagram I made. The ankles are still exposed, though.

22cc19af.jpg
  7. rayder

Killing the feet!

Uther said:
    It just begs the question of why they didn't fall like ants because arrows hit their legs.

The leg armor would usually deflect arrows due to the angle the arrows were coming down at. There wasn't any archer close enough to shoot straight through their legs, real life is more realistic than M&B.
  8. rayder

My best friend died today

Do they heal over time?
  9. rayder

Outside Calradia...

I think someone talks about Nordish people coming over to Calradia from somewhere.
  10. rayder

Rhodoks are the best for siege defence

LBaeldeth said:
    If they've got a knot of Glaive-armed Sergeants standing in the breach, then it's going to be a tough time, but if all they have are spearmen, one merely needs to jump into the middle and hack them to death while getting poked for 0 damage. :razz:

Until they pull out their swords and start poking you for 5 damage.
  11. rayder

Jeremus and Firentis

Just follow the instructions in the post that tells you how to change it. Open up conversation.txt and use the find function (edit > find if you're using Notepad) and enter dlga_companion_quitting_response:companion_quitting_no into the search field.
  12. rayder

Make Allied Lords Help

I'm having this same problem. Rhodoks (of whom I am a part of) are at war with the Swadians and I've already taken all but Uxkhal and it'd be nice to have the 3 lords that are following me help in the siege, but all they do is stand around. I have very good relations with all of them, too.
  13. rayder

I got it!

Get a flash drive and put the installer on it.
  14. rayder

1000+ things I learned from Mount And Blade

543. Horses can degrade in quality when killed.
  15. rayder

The bow is absolutely terrible.

So this is mostly 20 pages of not realizing the rooster came first?

When tournament/arena fighters can block an arrow miles away with a shield (without high shield skill), using a bow gets a little tough, especially the crappy arena bows which do 20 damage head shots without skill investment.
  16. rayder

10 Vaegir Lords holed up with ~400 Archers in their last city, what now?

Mini Marine said:
    Fei Dao said:
    Also, tell all of your troops to hold fire (F5), and use only blunt weapons (F11) until the siege tower reaches the town - that maximizes the chance your troops will use their shields. (ranged & 2h troops don't make use of their shields)

You can't issue any orders to your troops until the siege tower is in place

They'll follow orders that don't require them to move.
  17. rayder

Poleaxe - Where have you been all my life?

fragonard said:
    Tzsak said:
    Glaive length is 157, poleaxe length is 180. Both do 21 stabbing damage, glaive does 1 more cutting damage than the poleaxe at 38. Only real improvement is 6 more speed than the poleaxe, and I'd say the length of the poleaxe makes it much more worthwhile.
    What about the balanced military scythe? 39c damage, 29p with 155 reach.  All the best of a poleaxe and a lance.

The swing is overhead, though, so you have to factor that in.
  18. rayder

Simpletriggers.txt Problems

When I try to load a saved game I get an error telling me that there's 85 lines in simpletriggers.txt but it's only set for 84. So I changed the number to 85 and when I try to load the saved game it tells me that simpletriggers.txt unexpectedly ended, as if there's less than 85 lines in it. This...
  19. rayder

how do I add my own music?

I'm not 100% sure but you'll probably have to put the line "scan_module_music = 1" (without quotations) in the module_info.txt file, just like you'd put "scan_module_sounds = 1" if you wanted to replace some sounds. Of course, that might not work at all.

Edit: Looking through the folders, there's a "music.txt" file in the module directory (Modules/Native, for instance) with the names and extensions of music files that can be found in the "Music" folder in the main Mount and Blade directory. Then there's a bunch of numbers. Honestly I don't know what you should do, but it probably involves the music folder and that text file.

Edit2: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,53376.0.html
Back
Top Bottom