Search results for query: *

1. Bobsama

Claimant gone

Only times I know it'd happen is when the claimant's faction is destroyed or when the claimant quest is canceled.
  2. Bobsama

How Many Companions do you Keep and What are There Roles?

I usually aim for default characters with good skills and then train CHA.
  3. Bobsama

Which faction is the hardest to takeover

Rhodocks and Nords are by far the toughest factions in siege defense. I said "Nords" because Huscarls and Veterans are absolute beasts in defending the ladder. It's also very tough to kill them with ranged weapons.
  4. Bobsama

how do i grant someone lands that i already own?

Dalkar said:
    You can hire a minister and give your vassals a fief by talking to him/her (her if the minister is your wife or your female companion)
    Fixed.
  5. Bobsama

Recruiting Lords to fight with you.

Well you could use the companion lords who clash with your party.
    Or you can raise every companion to a decent level and then use them as vassals. It helps if you strategically recruit and train them.
  6. Bobsama

Recruiting Lords to fight with you.

They become just another lord--roaming the map, collecting rents and building armies. Eventually, they can be very valuable.
  7. Bobsama

Battle AI in large battles

Here's a tip: more archers. When the enemy line takes damage, they're more likely to flee or charge. If you kill the enemy commander, they'll all default into charge mode. Simply charging the line doesn't guaranty they'll charge your lines--though there's the chance.
  8. Bobsama

Need Army Building Advice

Ludial said:
    EDIT: Oh, and I forgot one little thing - Nord vet archers have athletics around 6 and 7. So at tier 4 they run as fast as huscarls (or even faster in battle because of lower encumbrance). So they're an excellent choice (the only drawbacks being the lack of helmets and carrying only one bag of ammo, but that can be tweaked).
    Use TweakMB to adjust the quiver capacity. I personally upped all quivers of 29 to 38 and all of 30 to 40. That gives a good capacity and a few extra shots without severely unbalancing the game (IMO)

Rhodok crossbows-- Expensive crossbows with shields. Good damage but hard to train. (Recruit; Crossbow; TCbow; VCbow; Sharpshooter)
    Swadian crossbows -- Cheap crossbows without shields. Decent damage. (Recruit; Militia; Skirmisher; Cbow, Sharpshooter...?)
    Vaegir archers -- Medium-long distance, most accurate archers (Recruit; Skirmisher; Archer; Marksman)
    Nord archers -- Long-distance archers (Recruit; Skirmisher; Archer; VArcher)
    Sarranid archers -- Very fast archers (Recruit; Footman; Archer; MArcher)
    Khergit archers -- ride on horseback but are pretty weak and inaccurate (Recruit; Skirmisher; Horseman; HArcher; VHArcher)
  9. Bobsama

Romance Question - Did I Lose My Chance?

Taliesin said:
    I swear this game hates me.  :evil:

I went ahead with pursuing someone else - who, as it turns out, I can't stand, but works politically. But I kept feeling upset that I missed out on Lady Sihavan, so I started another game in order to avoid the mistakes I made out of ignorance the first time around. I had to restart a couple of times to make sure Sihavan got the same personality type she had before, and everything seemed to go swimmingly.

But things with her have been difficult. In my original game, Sihavan was always hanging around Reyvadin, so I was able to devote my tournament victories to her and get a relationship going. But in this game, she never, ever leaves her brother's castle. At long last, I've finally got her jerk brother's consent to court her, but she seems to have zero interest in me. If I tell her I offer her my most ardent devotion, it results in negative relation points!

Since she's never around for tournaments, how in the world am I supposed to improve my relationship with her?
    Using Diplomacy, you can send her gifts. Otherwise, respond to her letters and do the poetry crap.
  10. Bobsama

Boats in native?

Boats are in Native, except you need to enable cheats and debug mode.
  11. Bobsama

companions into lords

Skittlearmageddon said:
    I'm not sure but I think they level up themselves?(after you make them into a lord) I made one of my companions into a lord, Nizar I think he had 2 leader  :???: but started with about 40 men and after a few short campaigns for about a month, he had about 70ish, I did give him a village so maybe it has something to do with that (the amount of fiefs) or perhaps the quality of them? I'm probably wrong, but it is just a theory. :smile:
    Lords rely on taxbase to recruit & support their armies. I'm curious if Leadership has an actual effect (as it lowers wages). For non-noble companions, I give them a castle and a village and never anything else again (so to not anger others).
  12. Bobsama

Best Armour?

Lord Brutus said:
    Fattyfat said:
    Ogrecorps said:
    Methinks sugarloaf helms have more armor but I might be wrong. If they do they only have 1 more. Everything else you listed is top quality.

Just remember, native isn't floris.
    At least, not yet.  Seems that 2 out of three play Floris, but perhaps I overestimate. :lol:
    You do overestimate. 2/3 for Diplomacy at least.
  13. Bobsama

Vaegir King

Easy trick; empty a garrison of its soldiers. Every enemy party will flock to besiege that castle. You should catch a few Vaegirs on their way there or upon arrival. Most of the time, the few enemy parties still around will be hurt and will run into bandits of some sort. This'll whittle down their strength and eventually end in their defeat. You personally don't have to defeat the remaining parties, but they do have to disappear. IIRC, caravans are included in what needs to be destroyed.
  14. Bobsama

obtaining Right to Rule before starting own kingdom or during?

067875369 said:
    ok thx one more question. Not really related to this. I have a village and at the beginning, I chose to give it to no one. But now I want to give it to one of my vassals but it won't let me. There's no option to give it to them when i go talk to them.  I could only give it to my companion.
    If you asked to keep the main fief (say, Dhirim), all the villages come with it. That's only for initial claim. Otherwise, check who owns it. Maybe you gave it away by accident. You can reassign fiefs from yourself to vassals but it won't attract any new vassals (which is why, as king, you should probably hold one central town and a few villages near castles). Keep a village or castle without a lord and, if you have a big party, use it to attract sieges.

Assign your towns and castles to other vassals and encourage the lords of the garrisons to rest there (the enemy's coming in force--flee to ___ garrison).

You have to give fiefs through your minister.
  15. Bobsama

obtaining Right to Rule before starting own kingdom or during?

Yes it matters. If you have low RtR and independent fiefs, you can't recruit other lords and they won't come to your court either. You have to make peace (which you still can, but you have to be seriously beating them, preferably when they're at a 2-3 front war already) and do other fun stuff to get RtR late in the game, but it's much more difficult then.

I'd suggest you join a faction to gain RtR. I joined Swadia since we're always at war and recaptured Dhirim--the wealthiest town in the game (at the time of capture and now as well).

You'd basically dead if your RtR is 0 and you own a fief.
  16. Bobsama

Screenshot: How the!?... moments

lamerstein said:
    I think its easy (but tedious) to help the Manhunters get prisoners.

1. Enter a fight to help the Manhunters against bandints.
    2. After the fight DONT take the prisoners - anyone you dont take ends up prisoner of Manhunters.
    3. Follow that group and repeat until necessary
    4. Take screenshot

More so, if you already had prisoners and you release them on that after-battle screen, the Manhuters gets them too.

A question - what do Manhunters do with the prisoners ? Do they dump the in the nearest town ? Sell them ? Release them after a while ?
    They are eventually defeated and all those prisoners join a bandit party.
  17. Bobsama

how to command npc use edged weapon only?

WispRAS said:
    RalliX said:
    Well, you should un-equip their military hammers then. Having both will just make them choose one or the other.
    If you want the hammers, equip them with that only, and if you want sabres, equip only that.
    but maybe both hammer and sword are needed in a single battle,in the begining when cavalry vs cavalry need for hammer,then as they are eliminated,next to deal with archers and infantry the swords maybe better.the problem is,NPCs never need me to command "use blunt weapons only",they've already chose it.
    actually,NPCs' most favorite weapons are piercing weapon,but these are either too slow or too short,such as morningstar and sickle.

candyman said:
    Problem is, in a siege, you don't want them unconscious, you want them dead!

yeah, Its kind of... annoying watching your an entire siege force slowly regenerating because you decided to use sergeants to defend rather then huscarls  :evil:
    yeah that's also the problem.
    Easy solution is to give them a quality bladed weapon and then a weaker blunt weapon. That'd make them prefer the blade which means your order--to use blunt weapons--works properly. Otherwise, just use ****loads of archers. :razz:
  18. Bobsama

How can i defeat this band of bandits?

So set Battle Size to 1,000 and grab a 10-Tactics companion and then as many Knights, Mameluke, or hell just Men-At-Arms/Horsemen. Other method may be a mass of Master Archers...
  19. Bobsama

Going to Marry the enemy?

Emir Finjamin said:
    Thanks for the reply RalliX  :smile:

The thing is being at war with the Nords i can't marry her, yet i have paid the dower (quite a lot at that) and i have received the mission to get married to her when her farther throws the feast....tricky  :???:
    Find her father in the field and ask that the dowry be returned... or perhaps ask if he'll join King Beer-belly.
  20. Bobsama

Sharpshooters underperforming

Other thing to note is optimally you'll place Sharpshooters on hilltops, since that slows cavalry and gives them a better LoS.
Back
Top Bottom