Search results for query: *

1. Foeurdr

B Musket Era [NW] Crimean War mod. (Need help with scripts)

I didn't know of E-rara before either !
    Probably because I'm french, it was easier for me to find this document.
  2. Foeurdr

@Ivkolya 

You can download the complete version of this document on E-rara, there is the 15 map and the 600 pages of text. It's done professionally so I think the quality should be good enough.
    https://www.e-rara.ch/zut/doi/10.3931/e-rara-72995
  3. Foeurdr

Dev Blog 03/05/18

I don't understand why so much people are making a fuss over the sturgian banner now. It's been said in the Sturgian blog that they have been made with both kievan rus and varangians in mind. They are more proto-vaegir since Nordlands is outside the map. They do have minor factions which are Nords.
    Read the blog over Sturgia once more to remind yourself : https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/39
  4. Foeurdr

SP Musket Era 1812 Russian Campaign

From what I found if you go to the villages depending from the army you are affiliated you can gather recruit but you can't do that with the village from the other army. I choose to be with the third russian army and could only recruit on their villages but not from the first and second russian army. I don't know if the troop tree is different depending on which army you belong.
    Also when you capture town from the ennemy you have acces to their troops at the recruit depot maybe it's until the town is attributed, I don't lnow for the village as I didn't try to look.
    I didn't receive anything for my war effort so I can't help you about the castle.

The mod is really great, the uniform are fantastic, the music is nice and most battle are really good. It has a really good pace from the start.
    My only complain would be that the A.I. during the campaign can be really strange. In my game the french launched the first assault after taking Minsk their first army was wipped out by the first and third russian army, the battle was great but after this there weren't any real confrontation for the rest of the game. We would simply siege all their city and take them one by one. The french did nothing while we where almost to the most westward city. Then our beaten up army was joined by the second army and the battle and the siege became even more strange, there were so much general that we would only take thirty or so casualties. In a little more than 100 days we sieged their last city Danzig but the A.I. doesn't try to launch the final assault even after three week passed.
  5. Foeurdr

What IS this?

There isn't a time limit for this step of the quest if I'm not wrong. If that the case you can continue playing like usual until you are strong enough to pursue the quest again, finish it and then join a faction.
  6. Foeurdr

Blood & Gold: Caribbean!

wow I haven't seen that yet, sweet
  7. Foeurdr

General History Questions thread

jacobhinds said:
    I heard somewhere that medieval Europe was quite tolerant of birth defects and deformities. Sort of like "God's got a sense of humour, embrace it" type thing.
    I remember something like that as well and also that the muslim world treated them well like to music and food.
  8. Foeurdr

Nice, you must have most of the british units done now. :grin:
  9. Foeurdr

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

reiksmarshal said:
    redwood36 said:
    Dont know if this article has been posted.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/12/mount-blade-2-bannerlord/

What a stupid article, the author is a complete toolbox that wishes Bannerlord was an MMO. The nerve of that guy ...

Apart from the start where he relate of his mistake when he first played M&B 1, I don't see him saying he want bannerlord to be a MMO
  10. Foeurdr

Madhal said:
    Any new info from the video below. (French?)  Reading from notes after 3. minute...

No, he add nothing to what we know.
  11. Foeurdr

Differences between the forms of medieval feudalism

As I don't know well others form of feudalism I will speak about french feudalism.
    It really started with the carolingian in France but the final form will appear more or less in X-XIth century.
    The basic is like you said giving a fief to someone in exchange for service, like administer it or coming to fight when called. If I remember well at the beginning only the king would distribute fief. The fief could vary a lot, some would administer a territory with a village, another a forest but it could also be something like make the coin (but since it something really important the king would usually keep this for him).
    The fief wasn't hereditary and you could also loose it, if the father of a family had a fief and died the son had to ask the king to have it again and it wasn't certain either. Lord who had territory near the border of the kingdom began to give them to their soon without passing by the king and since they were in general strong territory defending the frontier, the king to avoid rebellion didn't act and just confirmed, thus, little by little it became hereditary.
    The fief come with a pledge to your suzerain, which in exchange would accept to give you a fief (although in fact the suzerain has the tight to give nothing if he want). At the beginning there was a problem since you could pledge to as many people you wanted to recieve a fief each time, while it doesn't bother anyone in time of peace, when war start between to lord with the same vassal, the later had to choose between his suzerain which to join. To prevent this you had a suzurain who was higher than the other (in french it's called Homme-lige I didn't find an equivalent).
    Since you had vassal with many territory to administer and they could be in all of them in the same time, those people would then give the task to some other people who would pledge loyaty and everything to them and administer the territory in their place. You have the big vassal who became suzerain to a couple of little suzerain.
    Again it wasn't planned but since it was done and the king couldn't do anything it became an official rule. The feudal system grow a lot like this.
    You had also some complicate case of vassal, for exemple the church could have a fief to administer but men of god can't fight so they can't protect it, right ? Then you have a dual system of vassalisation were the church and likewise a knight would hold the same fief but each with different task.

I think I said the most important point feel free to correct me as I did it from memory

12. Foeurdr

So sad :cry:
    But I'm sure that you will triumph in the end after all aren't you the genius strategist ?!
  13. Foeurdr

Vraelomon said:
    Well, we all know that they can have anything that takes place after Warband. It would be pretty boring if there was just one big faction called Vraelradia...

Vraelradia and king Ragnar :razz:
  14. Foeurdr

Renaissance music.

If you want you can try those three compositor from the duchy of Burgundy,they are mostly church music though
    - Antoine Busnois/Busnoys (the two spelling are correct)
    - Guillaume du Fay
    - Gilles Binchois
  15. Foeurdr

I can't say anything about modding as I know nothing but nice model Ivkolya, I hope you find someone to help you soon  :smile:
  16. Foeurdr

Best-dressed Warrior

Crimean War ?
  17. Foeurdr

jacobhinds said:
    Austupaio said:
    As I understand it, towards the end of their life-span, practically everyone did use the same sort of sword. :razz:

When's the end of the sword's lifespan? 1500? 1700? 1918? Yesterday? In all those periods you have an immense variety of swords in western europe alone. Even in the longsword era that all the HEMA fanboys love there were plenty of variables that differentiated between individual swords, even though they were basically sidearms and didn't exactly need much variety.

If we talk about primary weapons like polearms it's even sillier. Nobody's bothered trying to classify all the various metal crap people have put on the end of sticks. Individual soldiers liked variety and had specific preferences, i guess.

Even when a sword look the same as another one they tend to come with differents size, and it affect the way you fight with it a great deal

Trying to remember the names of all the polearms that have been classified is already such a bother, I understand they didn't do it for the rest of the anecdotal  appearance. At least they had a great imagination coming with all those
  18. Foeurdr

Cheap Gaming

jacobhinds said:
    Rome II is 75% off. That includes all the DLC.

Yeah beasts of war !  :iamamoron:
  19. Foeurdr

I remembered a really funny time at a medieval reenactment, there was a group of guys that wouldn't go down now matter of many time they were hit. They fell for a trap leading them to be shot by the cannon, none of them would still go down !
    There is also the scripted way, we have to fight a bit and find a way to die conveniently, to let the right team win. But I speack of small reenactment maybe it's different in the big ones.
  20. Foeurdr

Bans/mutes/warnings discussion.

There is school it goes with other showmanship (found this term on Wordreference, I'm particularly proud :razz:).
Back
Top Bottom