Search results for query: *

• Users: Dolen
  • Order by date
  1. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Doing my first siege battle as the High Elves at a beastmen settlement "Gorespite", and it crashes EVERY TIME about 3 minutes into the battle.
    I did every thing I could imagine like lowering graphics settings including running it in DX7, play with only 100 battle size and all the other stuff you can find on the Internet.
    Can someone confirm that?

I remember someone mentioning that there is High Elves and Goblin related crashes and I believe this case is one of them?
  2. B Medieval Medieval Conquests

Claims it tries to represent Medieval times
    Proceeds to show Vitruvian Man in the inventory menu  :lol:
  3. FULL-Version+SUBMOD 1257AD 1.13AP Repolished 1.4 New!

Why do some horses look greasy while others don't?
    I bet it's shader issue.
  4. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

It keeps crashing on me saying it's out of video memory.
    Please make it more stable before adding new stuff.
    Vanilla AD1257 was already full of glitches...
  5. Kingdom of Heaven meets Warband

lol
  6. Animations and Sounds Compilation: Chaotic Kassen Edition

Hi, everyone. I have really enjoyed playing this mod since it came out, but I thought a little more sophistication would add to the immersion in Sengoku battles. What I basically did was take animations and sounds from various mods, and add them to the original Gekokujo mod. Please tell me if...
  7. monoolho's Animation Submod [not so BETA anymore]

Ok, I have uploaded one that contains the fewest possible files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/znrl0z0ve1x4i08/AACr0CPwyJHHWQQEBDpUnxlAa?dl=0

I wish I could modify troop equipment and such as well, but it crashes the game...
  8. monoolho's Animation Submod [not so BETA anymore]

Here it is.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/znrl0z0ve1x4i08/AACr0CPwyJHHWQQEBDpUnxlAa?dl=0

Simply copy and paste resource folder, module.ini and action.txt, and when asked, overwrite.
    For those who want sound tweaks as well, copy and paste sound.txt and sounds folder as well.

9. monoolho's Animation Submod [not so BETA anymore]

DeSoto said:
    After playing for about 3-4 months with this mod I came to the conclusion, that it just isn't fit for proper fighting. It just makes it so much harder to estimate the moment to hit/get hit, where the enemy might be after a blow/after getting dehorsed and positioning in general. It has too much weapon swirling, char gesturing and floating around and all of that might look good when you are not in a pinch, but when you need to land a blow (tournaments come to mind) it's just getting in the way and takes control away from you.

So although I'd like a more lively feel, I can't really recommend this mod in its current state.

I modified the sub mod myself to the point where the animations don't look silly, or hinder gameplay.
    I can upload it if I am allowed to do so, but don't know how  :sad:
  10. Gekokujo: Submods (Announce, Release, Comment, and Suggest)

I wish someone could implement the formation mod. What the native AI does is just keep going left to the player until they get stuck at the end of the map.
  11. monoolho's Animation Submod [not so BETA anymore]

I really love the fresh animations, which add to the in-game battle experiences. Good job!
    However, for I hope to see more improvements, let me mention some things that I assume should be reworked, including the ones already mentioned.

1) When you hold a throwing spear, the tip somehow points backwards.

2) The overhead thrust of which the lance is capable should be removed, because the direction in which the lance goes is quite different from the rest of the lance animations.

3) The shield bash not working!
  12. SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

I've been enjoying this mod very much! As someone said, this is the best gunpowder mod.

Btw, aren't the nomad factions like Mongol a bit overpowered? Most Mongolian lords are accompanied by and castles and cities are stocked with so many heavily-armored knights, and there was no way I could defend the Chinese city from them. I wonder if there is a way to make them less powerful through Morghs editor or something.
  13. archers nto shooting

Valen said:
    I had this issue earlier today, I placed them at the foot of a castle bout 100 yards out to get a good angle on battlements and they weren't firing.  I gave the fire order "fire at will" and they immediately began firing.  It looks like they need a kick in the head in sieges.  I think with Sieges as soon as the Siege towers in place or ladder which would be at the start there's an automatic initial order given to everyone to charge which is probably setting the archers to melee and that's why you need to give the order to fire at will.

Speaking of which, it really does help alot to use the archers to soften up the battlements before attacking.  Playing France I never had a need to do this under 1.03 and castle/town take overs were rather easy against England, Scotland and the HRE.  Playing Crusader States however, many of the castles in the holy lands are deadly with range support both Bows and javelins that just mow your troops down.  Watching my invincible crusaders die en'mass was not fun.  Breaching the wall myself, two shots from their archers, very nicely placed on the inner walls, and my reinforced heavy shield was gone and then 3-4 Javelins and I was on my way to the virgins.  Quickest death I've experienced in the game.

Unlike Native, arrows and bolts in this mod don't seem to do much damage on shields, still less break them. So I usually order infantry to charge no matter the casualty. (Or the archers get slaughtered by enemy counterparts with infinite ammo.)

The real nightmare for besiegers is the Balkans... Javelins ARE extremely effective in breaking shields, so be braced for the mass casualties XD
  14. Final Final version of 1257ad

TheBelocity said:
    hey guys, i haven't been watching the topic for a few months. but i was wondering what has been made in terms of progress. i didn't feel like looking back through the replies. I'm sorry if i'm being a bother but I don't join in on conversations much

Just download 1.1 and see how much extra work Thomas has done for us.
  15. Final Final version of 1257ad

Well, it's too great you still have got energy left Thomas!
    I will mention some of the bugs (though not very serious for me) i've noticed.

1. An error message appears saying "unable to find shader parameter" whenever the game loads new textures. It's probably from not having the shader applied. It would be great if I could play without the shade, and without the message appearing.

2. Once you order horse archers to charge, which enables them to circle and shoot, they don't listen to orders anymore unless you tell them to hold fire. And, in siege, it would be better if they were categorized not as archers but horse archers.

Also, is it possible to make the archers behave in just the same way as those in Native?
  16. Final Final version of 1257ad

Thomas had stated this release really was going to be final, so it's not expected he will work on the mod, or a fix for the existing bugs anymore. Completely eliminating bugs, to me, seems almost impossible. However I'm  extremely satisfied with the current state of the mod, so just in case of Thomas fed up with complaints, thank you VERY MUCH for all your hard work so far, and of course answering our requests for the mod to be further developed. You can come back when you feel like working on it a little more :grin:
  17. archers nto shooting

They do shoot in siege. Order them to keep enough distance from the targets.
  18. Final Final version of 1257ad

Archers now seem to be able to shoot in close range.
    Any reports on their behavior??
  19. Final Final version of 1257ad

And I keep getting this "unable to find shader parameter" message...
  20. Final Final version of 1257ad

It's been uploaded on moddb!! gonna try asap
Back
Top Bottom