Search results for query: *

1. acrob14

SP Fantasy [WB] Eberlin

Angry Newbie said:
    <3 Agnon. i see it now:

[snip]

I stopped writing after i realized that Agnon isn't a undead necropolis. Oh well, they still sound cool.

i am no writer :oops:
    Wow, I'm pretty damned impressed, perhaps I'll share an anecdote with the TW forums at large. I've been playing the total war series since the original shogun, and the most important aspect for me was always to come away from the battles with a sense of exhilaration, whether I won or not. I would sometimes make custom battles that I was supposed to loose, but developed a whole backstory behind the battle... often I would win (due to the **** AI), but even when that last man fell, I would feel victorious, because the beauty of games is that they create the story around your ideas.
    I don't know, maybe it's the tequila talking, but I hope, above all, that this mod can provide a cinematic, involved experience for the players. That's my promise, that this mod will always attempt to involve the player at all levels, and that's what Jezze and I (and maybe Angry Newbie), will work to do.
    Immersion.
  2. acrob14

Official 3D art thread - Warband

Bayard-X said:
    People, I need some rating on the pluming job I did.

[snip]

Haha, I read plumbing - I was going to say that I don't know if we TWers are qualified to answer that. The plume looks very nice though, realistically feathery.
  3. acrob14

[OSP][Item] Swords, axes and then some [Part II]

Woop Mackie you're back, and with more fantastic models. What program do you use for modelling?
  4. acrob14

Wow, those looks incredible!
  5. acrob14

SP Fantasy [WB] Eberlin

Speaking of, I'll update the faction bios later. Sudvaal is actually one of my favourite factions as well, I'm looking forward to making their items and actually scening the city. Yeah, making it a quiver is certainly an idea, I just don't know if that will cause it to properly attach itself to the player's back... It's very floaty right now.
  6. acrob14

SP Fantasy [WB] Eberlin

Well, I play on windows, but booting off a Mac. It has a large screen and an AMD HD 6750 graphics card, which does the job nicely, so I don't see the problem.
  7. acrob14

Bloodpass Warband Map Editor

So at the moment it only works with the native map?
  8. acrob14

SP Fantasy [WB] Eberlin

Not even, silly macs. There's a combination of keys I can press on my keyboard to take a screenshot while running Mac OS, (which I always forget and have to look up), but Windows is bereft of that. I remember a program that allowed one to change keybindings on windows though, will look that up.
    I do have to command keys, with which, y'know, I can command...stuff
  9. acrob14

SP Fantasy [WB] Eberlin

I also don't have an insert key :grin:, I'm gonna buy a USB keyboard and other peripherals in a week or so, but I'll see about getting some visuals to everyone before that.

AND, I would like to announce that Jezze was kind enough to offer to help me bring this idea to realisation, so there is now a team developing Eberlin!
    He'll be doing some scripting, and has some great ideas that I really would like to see in the game, so everyone watch this space!
  10. acrob14

SP Fantasy [WB] Eberlin

Hi everyone, time for another update. It's been a busy weekend for the mod, most of it in the module system, and I doubt anyone really wants pictures of code, especially as it's just faction code...
    So, five new factions are in, the towns, cities and villages are all added, with the help of Lumos' excellent ParMak, I've also been using Swyter's MS manager program, certainly useful. Later today, I'm going to be sorting out the troops and fixing the one program that is causing me to lose sleep (other than, y'know, usual insomnia): The backpack. I'll upload a screenshot later, in all of it's normal and spec-map-less glory, but the rigging is driving me crazy. Keep trying to rig it to a bone, which works, but every time the payer leans forward, kicks, attacks, does anything really, it melds into his chest like something out of alien. I'm trying to get it to work like the quiver, which sticks to the back like it's glued, but we'll see how that turns out.
    Also, later I will upload some screenshots of the retextured items. One of the downsides of having a mac, even a mac that can boot with windows (though I know all the mac haters could easily reel off a list of faults), is that I don't have a print screen button on my keyboard, we I'll do my best to figure out how to take screenshots.
    Till later.
    (I guess I should also finish off posting those faction descriptions, I have something like 10,000 words worth of information typed up)
  11. acrob14

B Native [WB] Cool face textures mod

This definitely needs a sub-board
  12. acrob14

SP Fantasy [WB] Eberlin

Decided to delay posting up screenshots until I've finished other areas of the mod, so it'll be a few days before visuals are up
  13. acrob14

SP Fantasy [WB] Eberlin

[redacted]
  14. acrob14

B Modern [W] Spanish Civil War (*We need codder and gun modeller*)

I was actually planning on working on a mod about the Spanish Civil War last year, but I decided that M&B just didn't suit it
  15. acrob14

Dies the Fire "Emberverse" Mod for Warband

This is what I found (didn't work)
    1. Lurk around in the forums, laugh a lot;
    2. Register, fail at modding modding;
    3. Try and create a really big project;
    4. Realize script is hard;
    5. Fail on said big project;
    6. Get drunk;
    7. Give up and learn how to model and texture;
    8. Start new, even larger project;
    9. Hope for the best

An important note is that this doesn't work

EDIT - because I actually want to be helpful - perhaps before creating a public mod, like what you're suggesting here - mod for fun. Make your favourite character from 'Dies the Fire' - it's post-apocalyptic, so try adding some of the more modern OSP packs into a new module, there's plenty of tuts on how to do this around. Play around a bit, have some fun with Morgh's editor, etc. and then create the project you really want to.
  16. acrob14

Post your desktop!:D

My purpose in life is to find images that tile well on my mac
    YzjY5.png
  17. acrob14

Just started experimenting with modelling and texturing, made a shield for a faction in the mod I'm working on - it's such a great feeling seeing it textured and all :grin: Not good by any means, but a hell of a lot of fun to make
    They've been spoilered because they are rather large.
    TlrZF.jpg

lPBwo.jpg

8aJIO.jpg

btw - there used to be a good tutorial on how to make swords, which I really found useful, doesn't anyone have it archived perchance, or know of another one, because it i no longer available
  18. acrob14

OSP 3D Art WEe's Helmets/Shields/Weapons (Yarr) [Updated 2.4.2013]

They all look really nice, but I feel the scratches on the helm detract from the realism - would you be releasing both versions?
  19. acrob14

[Request] Items (weapons) for SOD: Warlords mod

I believe Xenoargh has a pistol axe in his mod - I know he's mentioned it before. I've not played Blood and Steel, but contacting him may be a good start
Back
Top Bottom