Search results for query: *

1. SirStart

SP Fantasy Hammerlord

okey im sold on the idea, i loved the old warsword conquest mod fer warband tha was a fairly developed warhammer mod, i dont know lots o modding coding etc, but i can offer ye lore and concepts fer the dwarfs so they will be true to their lore, and then i mean the older dwarves fer warhammer, i own nearly 400 tabletop figures o dwarves and have painted alot o em and still painting em continuely, im not one o the best one out there fer painting but im atleast fairly good, would love to post pictures as a form o concept art so ye get a better insight in the dwarven culture and their armours, weapons, beards etc, might this be any kind o help for ya?
    i know its mostly lore and cosmetical help i can give but i rather do wha ever i can to help when im not experienced in modding. i own several army edition books fer the dwarves and can fer sure qoute alot from it if ye want too.
  2. SirStart

SP Native Realistic Weapon Collision. V1.5 Update

hm how does one uninstall this completely? i tried it and it and realised my character does extremely small amount o damage with this mod fer some reason, i uninstalled it in vortex and now its still in my game :S
  3. SirStart

Formation system need a rework: infantry just can't fight properly

You put a shield wall line 50 meters forward, shield wall only with units who have great shield , because elite units with small shield are useless in shield wall.
    They are only here to take the arrows and block the masse never ask them to engage ennemy.
    And you need at least a second line with spearmen, if you take a cavalry charge ask them to go in front of the shield wall or wherever the charge is of course. Or just use them as shock troops to flank the enemy .
    Third line : bow/crossbow.
    The recruits who are not yet spearmen or units with great shield you put them in a reserve line to flank enemy or protect bow / crossbow
    And a few cavalry can be useful to charge enemy cavalry or, if you are against to many enemy, for break enemy shield wall and let your bows / crossbows destroy them.

I use this simple formation with Vlandian and i can managed enemy armies who have twice my troop numbers.

My main problem is full armies of khan's mounted archers , they are hard to fight.

i usually counter Khuzaits with lots o archers and light cavalry, get the infantry in square formation and sponge the arrows and then let yer archers go loose on the mounted archers, it takes some time to wither em down and when they get to close order cavalry charge as they tend to change to close quarter weapons then, this is the most usefull tactics i have found at the moment, still trying to find a better way but they are a way fast with their horses.
  4. SirStart

How to stop conspiracy?

my guess is tha the conspiracy quest is completed when it reaches 2000, i have nothing to back this theory up but i think it should be a timer yer supposed to survive as factions starts war with ya when it ticks up a bit all the time. so my guess its a timer and if ye survive it yer an established kingdom in the world.
    do have in mind tha this is just a THEORY i have.
  5. SirStart

I am against keeping the unintended weight changes even for some units

“According to Steckel's analysis, heights decreased from an average of 68.27 inches (173.4 centimeters) in the early Middle Ages to an average low of roughly 65.75 inches (167 cm) during the 17th and 18th centuries.”

This is skeletal data from 30! Different studies, Western Europeans in the early Middle Ages actually averaged about the same as Western Europeans nowadays.

thanks alot, going to read into this a bit then :grin:
  6. SirStart

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Recruits should have shields

I created a party with 30 vlandian recruits and saw that the AI decided it was enough to fight 23 sea raiders. When I putted 30 sergeants the AI also decided to attack those raiders. The outcome of those 2 fights was obviously different but the AI lords have the same behaviour which leads to them easily being beaten by looters or other bandits.

if this is the behaviour o the AI they need to fix it asap, i guess this is one o the biggest reason fer snowballing in the game if the lords attacks everything with smaller numbers and dont react to the quality o the troops as they did in warband.
  7. SirStart

I would like to see if there's any historical evidence for if hastily assembled levies carried shields. I imagine it varies time/place/culture though.

I mean, making a basic/poor quality shield is a pretty easily thing to do, you'd think if you were being levied and your life was on the line you wouldn't think twice about throwing a few scrap pieces of wood together with a cloth or leather strap. Is that a good shield? No, but it beats nothing - particularly for thrown/pelted/ranged weapons.

That all said: From a gameplay perspective the only relevant question is would it substantially improve battles? If so, just do it.

Considering IG such a high proportion of armies field recruits, I am of the opinion either recruits need to add more to battlefield dynamics or need to be easier to just quickly upgrade so they're not such a high percentage of fielded units.

well i guess some people thought about it surely, but i dont think everyone did and mostly used wha ever they could lay their hands on, mauls, scytes, spears, bow, etc, peasant equipment more or less.

but as ye mention the biggest problem is lords with armies consistent mostly o recruits, i fer one think nobles could be able to use influence to raise the levels o their soldiers, so the inflation o influence would lower a bit in all factions. might actually help with the snowballing to i guess.
  8. SirStart

I am against keeping the unintended weight changes even for some units

ye miss one point tha is giving lots o fat on yer body and tha is alcohol, especially ale and beer. but i understand wha ye mean, if the whole army is a Arnold Schwarzenegger contest it just seems stupid, but there are sagas and storys about people who where seen as giants back in the 800-1200,
    i do remember i read some old viking sagas about people who was called giants, (do mind tha people height where much shorter then today) so a giant back then could maybe be 185-200 centimeters, when the normal height where about 165 or so back then, give or take some centimeters as i dont recall correctly about the height at the moment.
  9. SirStart

I just tried the mod and sadly, it didn't address the melee blocking issue.

ah sorry to hear tha, i havent tried it meself so couldnt give more feedback then tha i saw someone make a mod with the collision problems, hope TW solves this problem further on then!
  10. SirStart

I am definitly agreeing with your point. I dont see why recruits should have shields. Most of them have only basic weapons,and it fits to their social status (bottom of the ladder, well just above peasants but below militia i guess).

ah sorry, to much arguing with sarcastic people online make one self a bit cynical to if people are truly agreeing or sarcasticly agreeing with me XD
    but aye this is how i see it atleast when it comes to the first tier 1-3 o the troops ye can hire, the tier 4 and up are the experienced regular soldiers.

And peasants are all suicidal people who can't bother to bring shields? It just doesn't make any sense to not bring a shield yourself if you were drafted to fight in a war.

why dont the looters and most bandits have shields apart from sea raiders as i see as experienced viking fighters? never thought about tha? farmers usually didnt have equipment like shields and swords and wha not, they used mostly their working tools as weapons.
  11. SirStart

This alone justify recruit have no shields.

to be fair im not sure if yer sarcastic or actually agreeing with me XD
  12. SirStart

The Romans fought loose order with chopping swings, not shoulder to shoulder, at least until they adopted a more spear centered infantry line in the later empire. They didn't fight like the vikings, or a phalangite.

The Greek style of warfare pre phalangite was also incredibly chaotic and not given to formations. The Spartans may be an exception, in that they at least learned how to march in formation, which was beyond your average greek hoplite, but it's not entirely known how sophisticated their actual battlefield formations would be. Even a basic level of discipline and training would put them head and shoulders above how most greeks fought.

so wha kind o sources ye have to back yer claims, i would love to read em as most historians and sources seem to be wrong in the roman and greek warfare according to yer claims. and wha does the pre phalangite have to do with this? i said think o the spartans, and most medieval warfare where just this, phalanxes fighting each others or shieldwalls pushing each others untill one routed.
  13. SirStart

Yo, what mod was it?
    i think it was this one or another one on nexus mod section

it should help with the npc collision making em space out a bit more then go into a flailing blob
  14. SirStart

[B1.1.0] weapon balance feedback

For 500v500 battles I just charge and I've never had a one last longer than 4 minutes. Not sure what battles you're playing, probably two armies stationary on the map for 20 minutes or something.

nah they took a defensive state first but when my archers started to wreak amok in the enemy lines, they charged into my shieldwall and scattered all over the map, dunno if they actually regained their morale but i realised the soldier started to rout and then went back into the fray again when their reinforcements came a couple o times, and this was a vlandian army so they had lots o cavalry to running about and fighting both my infantry and cavalry all over the map. though to be fair this is the only time i had this kind o long fight in an open map battle, so im not entirely sure wha caused it but it was really fun.
  15. SirStart

How to eradicate a faction?

I also executed almost all of their leaders and clan members, only handful of them are left.

i think ye just answered yer own question, i guess ye need to execute all o em to be rid o em
  16. SirStart

Please add an "Upgrade All" button

damn ye must have enormus amounts o troops if ye think its tedious to upgrade all o em with just clicking? Aye it would be good to have the warband Ctrl click but im alright with the system as it is as it doesnt cost me tha much time to upgrade the troops as i want em, but i like micromanaging too so might be the reason i dont care about a trivial thing like this.
  17. SirStart

kingdom going to war?

i think this is correct. during one of these conspiracy updates 3 factions declared war on me at once and there are 3 new quest. One for each faction stating they are leading an alliance against me and i can sue for peace. However, no matter who i speak to there is no peace option in the dialogue. I assume as the conspiracy quest progresses everyone will declare war on me. It is getting really tough to defend. My kingdom power dropped from 7500 to 5000 really fast and losing my elite troops faster than i can replace them. This has gone from fun to exhausting lol

seconded on tha, it gets a bit exhausting fighting all the time, especially when the enemy lords turns up again and again with an army o 500-700 men all the time, (even though most o em are recruits) so they are fairly easy to bash but i cant move away from my towns as they get besieged all the time and dont get enough time to train up more troops fer my party members or clan nobles castles
  18. SirStart

Bannerlord Photography

Me and my 120 strong cavalry charge
    Skarmbild_23.png

Skarmbild_24.png
  19. SirStart

kingdom going to war?

It could be part of the conspiracy quest. As I understand it, every time the conspiracy quest timer runs out there is a chance you will declare war.

oh? Aye ye might actually be right about tha, never thought about tha, but now when i think about it i think the wars have been declared at the same time i got the notification about the conspiracy meter going up a notch, not completely sure if this is the case but i shall absolutely have my eyes open when it happens next time, thanks fer the advice!
  20. SirStart

Best/Favorite infantry

i have always have some love fer the mercenaries, and i like the look o the Mercenary swordsmen so i usually build up a main body o these guys in my army
Back
Top Bottom