Search results for query: *

• Users: Chips
  • Order by date
  1. Nothing Wrong With Cavalry. Everything Wrong With The Player

I've not tried, but if you "put in charge of seargant" (think i managed to accidentally do this command the other day) does your cavalry suddenly seem to be much more useful (i.e do the behaviour the OP mentions the AI does when charging alone?).

I usually try to flank with cavalry and charge the archers and infantry from the rear. I've not checked all commands to see if there is a "charge ranged..." option to ensure you don't have to micromanage them to get the desired results though.

Seems to work okay, but I imagine my tactics are seriously sub-optimal.
  2. For the sake of all that is Holy, can you not have a better system for finding Lords?

It's a suggestion against unnecessarily unfun/boring/grindy gameplay. A simple QoL improvement without having to redo entire missions/game, but also one that'd maybe make them think if doing anything future wise "oh, this may not be optimal user experience".

That's it.

Somehow the counter argument being made is again "there's grindy boring gameplay... keep the status quo, here's how to minimise it for yourself, but do NOT make changes because... no reasons".

It's a request/suggestion. Yes, offer your opinion as to how to minimise grind / annoyance in the meantime with helpful suggestions. But that doesn't negate the reasonable point being made does it? How does that then translate into attacking posters over it.

This is bonkers.
  3. For the sake of all that is Holy, can you not have a better system for finding Lords?

Yup, still works. Same as it has for years at this point.

It is far more of a waste of time to trek around for items then trek back to the quest-giver to turn it in. It is also, most importantly, boring as ****.

Yeah, that's why the most popular mod to fix this sends an instant message by default, right?
    You are entirely missing the original posters point. Grindy annoying gameplay "because..." (reasons omitted as there's no reason to force grindy annoying play). It could be improved upon/changed/updated without compromising the game. That's it. Such a weird point to be trying to argue/persuade others against...

Really not sure what your points are tbh. "I can instantly complete missions so therefore there's no time wasting gameplay in game nor reasons to make requests to minimise/improve missions" is such a weird stance to hold.
  4. You should be able to view all wanderer stats in tavern mode or encyclopedia

You have to recruit the dudes to see their point distribution

Also they have some derp stats distributions
    You should be able to recruit "squires" they act the same as companions but they come as lvl 1-3 age 14-16 companions, thus being more "costumizable" when they turn 21 age they get promoted from - squire to companion.

I also feel the number of companions is quite low, maybe +2 companions on tier 3 and 5 instead of +1...
    Erm, I see who is in Tavern from town map, then go to (is it the clan screen - not got game open), click on my own image, then go backwards through the breadcrumb of the ingame encyclopaedia and filter on wanderers. Don't have to hire them to see their stats.
  5. Base Bannerlord is better than base Warband

What a strange thread - what are you hoping to achieve/gain from it?
  6. Security and Loyality Drifts

Hi Guys,

first sorry for my broken English. I have one question, how work modifier for Security and Loyality Drifts? These parameters are extremly dynamics, one week i have Security +1,68 and next week i have 0,12. Please how i can increase security and loyality drifts? Thank you so much...and please write easy but i must use google translate :sad: TY guys!

peace in Calradia!!
    Molnija

Mouse hover (hold mouse cursor over) Security and Loyalty - you can see what affects to give the outcome. See picture - the box is me hovering over Security.

Things like issues in attached villages (so the blue exclamation marks) can have negative impact upon these too.
    Loyalty is affected by your culture, the Governer and their culture and whether they're starving. Security is affected by various things too.

Ways to boost - a large enough garrison to give positive impact on security. Small enough garrison to not cause food shortages which lead to starvation.

You can also cancel any projects in progress and select a "daily defaults" instead - Festival and games gives a bonus to Loyalty. You can buuild projects such as Fairgrounds to give a boost to Loyalty.

My screenshot, I have enough garrison to give positive security, and when I need loyalty I switch daily defaults to Festival and Games to get +2 loyalty. It is current set to irrigation to try and help boost attached villages to give a positive food impact, so they don't starve.

It's a balancing act. Hopefully this translates okay, or if not, the image gives an indication? (i've circled in red on the picture the festival and games - which helps loyalty).

7. Plz fix broken simulation! 19 cavalry vs 7 looters one heavy cavalry die!

It must be unpredictable by nature. It is war. I have lost soldiers fighting looters. I've even been downed myself. It is not unbalanced, because you don't lose the battle to looters ever, and the majority of the time you do it, you wont lose anyone at all. But now and then a looter gets lucky with a sharpened broom and pokes someone in the eye. The unpredictability is the most important part - if there was no risk, it would be boring and unrealistic.

And units dying in combat is not something that shouldn't happen.

And yeah. I haven't mistaken this thread for the straw man convention. I've made a fairly accurate judgement.
    I disagree. I've a force of 182 men, including 40 knights, 50 archers, and the rest sergeant foot soldiers. It's all top tier troops vs looters. I attack a looter group of 15. Approx 15% of battles result in a loss of a knight or more strangely, a sharpshooter.

If you play this scenario manually, they never even get close enough to throw a rock - they die to the sharpshooters. That's 3 sharpshooters per looter... so how do they even get close enough.

Your explanation is unnecessary. It'd be better for a clear dev explanation as to what the mechanic is so we can appreciate the risk of pressing resolve rather than voodoo hand waving made up "maybe they threw a rock, it hit a tree, the branch fell down on the knights head while he was shaving and accidentally cut his face off with the razor".

As it is, half the time, just open the battle screen, set the knights to charge, and browse the internet for 2 mins. Great. Or do nothing and let the sharpshooters pick them off and wait for the remainder to run away. Riveting stuff.

(to be clear, it's obviously not game breaking or heart breaking, it's just bloomin weird and annoying).

*edit*

Last battle, 170 men vs 4 looters.

38 Cavalry, 48 sharpshooters, 86 sergeants vs 4 looters.

1 dead sergeant.

Actual battlefield battle against 20 looters, all dead from sharpshooters before throwing a stone. They can't even get close enough to engage.
    No, simulations are absolutely fine and accurate. How does it work? It'd have to be all 4 vs 1 to stand a chance.

No more using the simulation; just enter battle, send the knights, browse internet. I'm sure that's what Taleworlds want the simulation to be treated as. A joke.
  8. Thank you TW for breaking all the mods again, sigh...

The modding community is doing most of the jobs after the EA release, such as fixing perks, balancing and adding new contents. But instead of supporting and collaborating with the modding community, TW choose to break all the mods by making that tiny hot fix. Isn't that great...

Unsure what you think should happen. Should a company not fix their code? What about all those who don't play those mods? Or any mods. Should Taleworld's first responsibility be to the modders? Should they seek modder permission to release a fix? Should they test their fix against mods? (i mean... what). Should they delay a release based on a modding community? Should they wait for *every* mod to fix itself?

Yeah, get annoyed, but unsure quite what you think they should actually do here. Place the modders above all and sundry as the most important aspect of developing an early access game? What's your desired solution?
  9. Levelling troops and higher tier recruits

How are you losing so much men against looters? Sturgian recruits beats them 20 vs 20 without loses usually... Realistic and challenging difficulty.

Difficulty setting perhaps? There's the option for how much damage you take, and your men... makes a drastic difference.
  10. Attacking or Defending. AI just sprints at top speed in total disarray towards my position.

Erm, what sort of units are you talking about though? The only ones that charged me were bandit/looters, whereas armies with a leader would use some form of tactic (not just straight up charging) depending upon who seemed to have the advantage (i.e. defensive if I was more powerful, or aggressive if they were more powerful, but not just straight charge).

I should add that I've not played in about a week though - so if something has changed in that time...
  11. Anyone had any luck with companions in battle?

What stats is it for Quatermaster?
    Steward, but i've not found any companions for Quartermaster or Engineer. I've trained one to be a steward as I found a companion who has low level so actually gains a level during hours of gameplay/battles etc. Assigned her my steward once my own steward level was high due to passives and she learns past her limit (even though I've now put a skill point in) and in doing so (coupled with fighting/riding increases) actually levelled up.
  12. This game is literally unplayable!!!

Iv had the game a week now and been trying to play but game is just so laggy and slow its awful. Lots of people have this issue so it must be something with their optimisation?

I have a decent gaming laptop and can play most new games with no issues, iv updated nvidia geforce driver and am playing the game on low settings... nothing i do seems to improve the game at all!

If anyone is able to get the game to run smoothly (or at least playable) please let me know! ???????????

I've not read the entire thread if anyone else has said but: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/known-issues-will-be-updated-soon.401168/

Performance
    The game can sometimes launch selected with integrated GPUs. We have started work in this and fix is on its way.

Could that be what is causing you issues?
  13. Installation issues?

Tried this lot?
  14. Is anyone happy with the Horse as loot drop rate reduction?

Agree but if you have to pay 1000+ for each horse, then it becomes ridiculous to attempt to have heavy cavalry in your forces AND as I mention, you can recruit heavy cavalry w/horse for 350 gold. That being the case, warhorses need to be around 300 gold to equal out on the recruitment cost.

I think the recruitment cost should be significantly more - they're an outstanding unit, but above all, it *should* be cheaper to train your own up though. The upgrade path is fraught with potential death and the time taken, food and so on - compared to the buying option which is just instant.
  15. Garrisons have too few troops to ever defend succesfully: causes snowballing and boring sieges

I find that garrisons are shrinking during war as nearly always -ve food, with food stores (especially cities) running out within 2 days despite fully upgraded city.

My own city went from a garrison (admittedly about 20 odd after capture) to 0 due to food shortage in very short order. Didn't seem to be much I could do about it. Perhaps a bit of balance over food usage/stores and depletion.

It was captured when it had a tiny garrison and militia too.
  16. This post will be hated.

But I am sick of being burned by this ****ty industry. The gaming industry doesn't care about the customer. And this is proof. This is releasing the SAME damn thing with minimal "updates"....
    With regards to your thoughts of the industry:

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me"
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results."

etc

This isn't excusing what you believe the state of the game is (i.e. unacceptable in your eyes), this is just pointing out that despite that, perhaps you yourself can change your behaviour to minimise this happening again? You bought an Early Access game and magically expecting something different.

Maybe change your behaviour - wait for reviews, or watch Twitch streams for 24 hours to get a feel?
    It won't stop what you believe is the industry in general taking the piss, but it will stop you being "burnt" by it as you'll get to see, witness, understand what the state is.

Just a thought.
  17. SP - Battles & Sieges Thought and issues about automatic battle resolution

Yes but what can we answer that...do you want we list every irrealistic aspect... ? I don't see why i get roguery when i sell prisonners, why i get throw when i use trebuchet... I don't get your point. Plus it was only an exemple. Charm seems to make sense because it's like persuasion. I persuade the enemy leader to surrender, so i get charm. Make sense to me. And yes it could be "abused" like you said. I call it "play". In this case, should we change the system ? Because right now, i can just wait on the World map and make millions, i can just wait in my city to gain "stewart", i can just wait in siege without attacking, getting "enginering", i can just wait with food, getting "stewart", i can just wait in an army all the time, getting "leadership", i can just attack looters and sell it, getting "roguery", i can just fight arena hours to get "one handed, two handed weapons". I don't get your point. Of course you can make actions to get XP, that's the whole point isn't it ?
    :smile:

Wait, you're persuading them to surrender now? I thought it was because you had overwhelming force meaning no chance to win so they'd just give up. And you said tactics (there's no fight, no leadership, nothing). If you think you should, then perhaps you think you should get tactics, leadership and charm by riding around the map with your warband. After all, you've a group of men...

Honestly, fine, get +1 charm, leadership and tactics for hunting down 5 looters and having them surrender with 200 troops behind you. Sounds legit.

Not going to continue engaging, we've clearly got different views. Some want everything on a plate. Whatever. I don't have any issues with the auto resolve at the moment. Fairly sure you'll be able to mod your +ve increments for looter clubbing if that's what you desire from the game.
  18. A (semi) complete list of all cut content I could find in the files

Yeah i stated this in another thread. I feel like that's what they are going for.

"At the moment most of the things you have in warband, Are what is in Bannerlord. They made sure those things were in so we can enjoy it until the Bug fixes, Stability and balancing issues are fixed.

So i try to report as much bugs and other things as much as possible.
    So the future updates will only be in game Features we have been waiting for and minor bug fixes.

Like i get what they are trying to do.
    They want us to play Bannerlord in it's Warband state. Iron out everything that needs to be fixed. They released it in this state, So they know what issues everyone is having. What PC builds needs fixing and all that.
    Once this version is all ironed out.
    Then the features will start coming update by update."

Exactly, they've done EA to help them complete the game, not help the players play a finished game.

Yeah, they just ported warband into new engine and the real development starts now. Problem is how much they want to do and change in one year

*facepalm* There's always one.
  19. A (semi) complete list of all cut content I could find in the files

ever consider they've gone with "minimum viable product" type affair - the base level game with core components, and as stability is fixed/improved, they'll then start enabling various features in a manageable fashion?
  20. SP - Battles & Sieges Thought and issues about automatic battle resolution

All I'd say about getting charm, leadership or tactics for surrendering opposition is... there's no demonstration of leadership, tactics or even charm. Additionally, it could be abused by just hunting down groups of looters to buff charm, leadership and tactics (without, as said, exhibiting any). If they surrender, you should get nothing as you've done nothing. If you want it to give loot or even more loot, then the return is same if you are captured, you should get looted. Looting is what you do to dead bodies.
Back
Top Bottom