You should be able to view all wanderer stats in tavern mode or encyclopedia

Users who are viewing this thread

Rafa911

Regular
You have to recruit the dudes to see their point distribution

Also they have some derp stats distributions
You should be able to recruit "squires" they act the same as companions but they come as lvl 1-3 age 14-16 companions, thus being more "costumizable" when they turn 21 age they get promoted from - squire to companion.

I also feel the number of companions is quite low, maybe +2 companions on tier 3 and 5 instead of +1...

I would go even further, you should be able see how many companions are generated in the character creation menu WITH the option to re-roll starting companions. Nothing worse than starting a campaign with 0 companions for your culture.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Companions are an absolute disgrace when compared to WB, I sound like a broken record but TW needs to completely overhaul them, top priority.
At least implement the non random ones(like they have in the code leftovers) and balance them across factions, making sure players would at least have an option per faction; then add the random ones if you like, even though I find generic ones a terrible idea.

+1 Yes,.please. Sometimes I just scum save - recruit, check stats and if I don't like the guy/guyette I reload.. :sad:

It's actually pretty silly that we don't know what their stats are until we hire them. All it does is encourage the player to save scum.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Companions are an absolute disgrace when compared to WB, I sound like a broken record but TW needs to completely overhaul them, top priority.
At least implement the non random ones(like they have in the code leftovers) and balance them across factions, making sure players would at least have an option per faction; then add the random ones if you like, even though I find generic ones a terrible idea.
Agreed but I doubt TW will do it. I suspect modders will be the ones to do it. I'd be ok if we could reset perks and attributes when we first hire them, that way we don't have companions with dead end skills.

Maybe I also sound like a broken record, but with the dynasty system, fixed companions will be near as useless in games where death is enabled. There is/was a reroll mod for I think 1.4.5 patch. But the mod wasn't updated.

Maybe I also sound like a broken record, but with the dynasty system, fixed companions will be near as useless in games where death is enabled. There is/was a reroll mod for I think 1.4.5 patch. But the mod wasn't updated.

Sure, but keep in mind that the dynasty system is in fact optional; therefore there is a demand for the fixed companions regardless.
Even in a campaign with dynasties on, they would at least help the player in the beginning if well distributed across factions, if anything
Random companions just don't go well if you want to make a proper historical/fantasy mods.

Sure, but keep in mind that the dynasty system is in fact optional; therefore there is a demand for the fixed companions regardless.
Even in a campaign with dynasties on, they would at least help the player in the beginning if well distributed across factions, if anything
Random companions just don't go well if you want to make a proper historical/fantasy mods.
Well if you can reroll them after hiring would be enough. So you can make every faction wanderer to your liking. Only their lvls make the difference in that term.

Well at the start of each campaign, the lords are all the same over and over again. All lords come from the hero class same as the random wanderers, so a good Modder will mod the game in an instant to your liking, If the hero class is modable now. (I'm not playing Bannerlord since 1.6 so I don't know what they have done for the mod section)

You have to recruit the dudes to see their point distribution

Also they have some derp stats distributions
You should be able to recruit "squires" they act the same as companions but they come as lvl 1-3 age 14-16 companions, thus being more "costumizable" when they turn 21 age they get promoted from - squire to companion.

I also feel the number of companions is quite low, maybe +2 companions on tier 3 and 5 instead of +1...
Erm, I see who is in Tavern from town map, then go to (is it the clan screen - not got game open), click on my own image, then go backwards through the breadcrumb of the ingame encyclopaedia and filter on wanderers. Don't have to hire them to see their stats.

Erm, I see who is in Tavern from town map, then go to (is it the clan screen - not got game open), click on my own image, then go backwards through the breadcrumb of the ingame encyclopaedia and filter on wanderers. Don't have to hire them to see their stats.
Or just right click on them to get their encyclopedia entry.

That's exactly how it should be done, and the handwritten companions could be distributed across time/generations as well. For example, a particular set of companions may be scripted to appear in the game after your first character retires and you start playing as your heir.

That's exactly how it should be done, and the handwritten companions could be distributed across time/generations as well. For example, a particular set of companions may be scripted to appear in the game after your first character retires and you start playing as your heir.
That's actually a great idea! It didn't occur to me that companions could also be scripted a la Europa Universalis

It would be nice to see some handwritten companions sprinkled in with the RNG companions. Especially if some only appear after so many years have passed.

Back
Top Bottom