Search results for query: *

1. BlackSniper

MP Musket Era Persistent Frontier scene size

Dear Fusilier,

1. It really depend to which mod you compare Persistent Frontier. If you compare it with Napoleonic Wars (which are often very open and empty maps) then PF is indeed big (our maps used to be between 400 and 950 kb depending on world size). Compare it with Persistent World (and perfaps other Persistent mods) and we would be equal or lower.

2. I used a map generator in the past but the link is no longer working (I used this terrain generator). I also often copied an existing map and just changed the terrain which will still work. I'll sent to you all my Persistent Frontier maps later today when I'm home. You can use or edit them if you like.

When making a new map I wouldn't suggest going over 1MB due to performance issues. We also tried to avoid big maps like New England since they often cause alot of lagg for players (might no longer be the case, since pc's got alot better compared to 2014-2016). Bigger maps usually means more models like tree's which caused the lagg. Reducing the amount of tree's helps alot but makes big maps very open / less beautiful. I myself would prefer the Amazon map size. I assume the lagg is just caused by how the game works.

I hope this will help you. You can expect a DM from me later tonight with the link to the Persistent Frontier maps.

Kind regards,

BlackSniper
  2. BlackSniper

SP - General Markers for party members and friends

Me and my friend would like to see an option to make it much clearer who those in your party (or friend list) are. The only way to find eachother was holding alt to find eachothers name or callout specific map spots where we could gather. We would prefer if there is some kind of mark to figure...
  3. BlackSniper

PF Scripts and Folders [HELP]

I believe that every server either made their own scripts or paid for it. So you won't be finding any public resources as far as I'm aware.
    RaJiska is the only person I know that has the scrips and has experience with Persistent Frontier. He'll be your best option.
  4. BlackSniper

[WFAS] Server Maps

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully others will enjoy it as well  :grin:
  5. BlackSniper

[WFAS] Server Maps

It will be co-op so players might not want to go inside the castle. Could make the map more interesting by adding a small camp on top of the hills, or maybe a fishing camp somewhere below the hills.
    I originally made the map for Siege, but since you want to use it for Co-op, I would suggest making more places you can use for holding against waves of enemy's.
  6. BlackSniper

[WFAS] Server Maps

About the indecisiveness, thats the AI and sadly not much can be done except making less point of access toward the players which I wouldn't do.

For the ladders, I would either delete them (and make sure players cant jump off the walls, except the side that goes inside the castle) or maybe try to delete the AI mesh below the ladder, so they won't
    circle. Making the mesh smaller, might get that % of them getting up bigger.

For the cavalry, I would suggest deleting the ladder, or making the path smaller, so the AI might think it's not possible for a horse to pass trough.

Why they wouldn't use the siege tower, the only reason I can imagine, is that they think the gateway or ladder is faster. Have you tried with a player standing on the wall at the siege tower, or maybe inside
    the siege tower?
  7. BlackSniper

[WFAS] Server Maps

Well, the server I made the maps for had some kind of mod which allowed custom maps.
    The way you can edit it is simple. Just rename the map and ground code. Here a example for Hrus Castle:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hrus Castle file: scn_custom_map_21.sco into scn_mp_marketplace.sco

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hrus Castle scene code: scn_custom_map_21 custom_map_21 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x00000002b007b232000715c50000084c00001b5b00006580
    outer_terrain_plain

into

scn_mp_marketplace scn_mp_marketplace 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x00000002b007b232000715c50000084c00001b5b00006580
    outer_terrain_plain

You can use any map name for it. Note that the changes I did might not be correct. I called it scn_mp_marketplace for this example, but since I haven't got the game installed atm, it might be different named. You can try to use random plains code as well, but that will make it different for players to vote for that map on your server.

I asked my old server owner what mod we used (so you can keep the original maps as well for voting), and we used this one:
    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=209127.0

It also brings loads of nice features for admins. I hope this will help you and for more questions, just ask them here.
  8. BlackSniper

[WFAS] Server Maps

Glad to hear. Hopefully everything should not be too difficult. The best way to cover the plains and hills would to be "create AI mesh" or whatever that option is called in the top left after selecting the AI
    mesh tab. It might create new meshes inside the castle as well, which then have to be deleted, but beside that, it should be very easy to do.
  9. BlackSniper

[WFAS] Server Maps

It's been a while ago but some of them should be AI pathed. Sadly, I do not know if they all are, or which ones are not.
    I'm going to check the maps within the next hours so I will have a answer this evening.

As AI is also not able to use siege ladders (which need to be build), it might not work perfectly for Co-op and will need some adjustments.

Edit:
    • Cisse Ceaser does not have a AI mesh.
    • Hrus Castle does have a AI mesh which should work with Co-op. But the AI mesh is only in the castle, and not in the plains around it which needs to be added.
    • Land of Conflict does not have a AI mesh.
    • Waterpicks Village does not have a AI mesh.

You will need to edit the maps yourself or maybe someone who is able to, if you want to use the maps with AI for Co-op.
  10. BlackSniper

Any way to get dedicated server file?

You should take the time to look into the topic list before posting something. 5 topics below you is your answer: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,288829.0.html

Tip: Second last post is the post you are looking for.
  11. BlackSniper

With fire and sword lade fehler

German:
    Sie müssen es auf Englisch sagen. Andere werden kein Deutsch verstehen
    Nutzen Sie auch das Support-Forum. Hier ist ein Link: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,255.0.html

Translation:
    You must tell it in English. Others will not understand German.
    Also use the support forum for this. Here is a link: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,255.0.html
  12. BlackSniper

[WFAS] Server Maps

The post has been updated. I've added the screenshots so you can review the maps before trying them out yourself.
  13. BlackSniper

[WFAS] Server Maps

For several years I have had some maps stored on my Dropbox which I have made. The maps were used on a popular server which sadly went offline. Some of the maps were very popular and it would be a waste to just leave them in my Dropbox as archief, so I would like to share them so anyone can use...
  14. BlackSniper

New PF EU Server - Colonial_EU

Alright, I wish you goodluck. In case you still need maps, PM me and I can give you some maps which you can use.
  15. BlackSniper

PF_Official_EU enquiry

I believe you are talking about the new map Ambush! made by Austro. Sadly the forum which had the map screenshots no longer exist. There is a map announcement on Taleworlds but it does not contain any screenshots.

If you want the map to be changed I suggest you to go to pf-official.eu and request for a map change. Don't forget to include which map you would like to see in return.
  16. BlackSniper

New PF EU Server - Colonial_EU

Are you sure you want to invest money into buying a server? It would split the community again which can cause the mod to be dead again. It would be smarter to have just one EU and maybe one NA server.
  17. BlackSniper

PF_Official_EU enquiry

Which map is on the server at the moment if I can ask ?
  18. BlackSniper

Dedicated server file

That is indeed true. Been cleaning up alot since this post was made so the files are no longer there. Y
    ou will need to download the Warband Dedicated server files, then add the PW dedicated server files to it, and change the module name in the launcher to PF.

Edit:
    I will try to recreate it for you and once I have it, I will post the link here. I guess it will be done in 1-2 hours.

Update:
    Here is the new link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i4007ex3rhgy43x/AACO6g_hbuSq24nqUCSfk5Mia?dl=0
    I haven't tested it myself yet since I do not have the module or game installed at the moment, but it should work.
    Just open PF_server_start.bat to start the server. Make sure you have the module in your warband folder.

In case a new update comes out, just edit PF_server_start.bat and change the module name after -m.
  19. BlackSniper

Error Occurs When I try to play (unable to get technique sepcular_ alpha_skin)

kveso said:
    HecticBeez said:
    If anyone else is having the same problem please reply, thanks

This thread is from 3 years ago, when Taleworlds had some trouble and everyone had all kind of issues including this one.
  20. BlackSniper

Amazon map link pls :)

Sure, remade version for all the bugs and unfinished issues.  Last time I heard from several players and admins that after my leave, and a new version came out, everything got messed up  :facepalm:
    Server owner himself had to come to me for the original version which was getting used till the last moments of the Official server. Everytime my map was used for regaining a stable population after the new maps failed  :roll:

But let's not get back to the point that the thread gets spammed and let's stay on it's topic for once. The map has been given to the new server, as requested. The topic has no more use and should be locked. Thanks
Back
Top Bottom