Search results for query: *

1. Deathknight13

Bots on custom battle wont shoot!

I'm not sure what you mean. Is this going to be fixed?
  2. Deathknight13

Bots on custom battle wont shoot!

I have this problem too. The enemy just sits at their spawn like lumps, they will melee sometimes when units get close, and ONCE a few of them shot at my guys. They don't move or do anything. It's really annoying me.
  3. Deathknight13

[Variant] - Sword of Damocles V4 - Gunpowder Invasion V1

Ah yes, a few posts above another guy informs me of this as well. Although I should know, as I wrote it and then google-translated it!  :wink:
  4. Deathknight13

I don't know what could be wrong, however I suggest waiting until Gunpowder Invasion v2. I do not have plans to support v1. Sorry.

Try reinstalling the mod and SoD v4, and make sure you are using correct files.
  5. Deathknight13

Yeah, i.e. the eastern european style I was talking about.
  6. Deathknight13

FireArms transfer question

This might be in the wrong board..

Anyway, to use someone else's mods guns is probably a bad idea unless you ask first...
    You have to copy all the references in items, the resources used, the textures used. The triggers should be the exact same as the ones in Native, the flintlock pistol already exists, and therefore there is already gun smoke and muzzle flashes.
    Just make sure to copy the whole item including the trigger.
  7. Deathknight13

Updated the Next Version section, i've got some better models for uniforms and sabers.  :smile:

Added alittle to the info section
  8. Deathknight13

I added a link to alternative particle systems, that should give you a better choice on how laggy the game is  :smile:

Will update this mod to current 4.1 version as soon a I can.
  9. Deathknight13

Wraithcat said:
    vonmistont said:
    Well... Obviously argumentation above while valid does not justify 1/10 rating.

Yes, you are right. I was tired, grumpy and coming down with a horrible disease (well a cold really, but its still nasty), when I rated it and not really thinking clearly at the time. A 1/10 really should be reserved for failures and bugfests, which this clearly is not.

My appologies to all concerned!  :oops:

Thanks

I hope to continue working on this, except right now I just got DoW II and E:TW so i've been alittle ahem, busy  :roll:
    Thanks for the ten  :mrgreen:
  10. Deathknight13

Wraithcat said:
    I'm not sure I get the point here.

This mod introduces a lot of guns that the player can't actually access without moding the mod of the mod, and then gets to watch while the invaders use these to bring the FPS to a screeching halt because the smoke hangs around for ever and is a huge drain on the video resources.

And of course, this smoke doesn't actually effect the ability of the people with the guns to identify their targets and oneshot them.

Personally, I'd prefer a mod that actually allowed me to use the guns, and didn't bring my machine to a crashing halt.

I am sorry it was not clear that you are not supposed to get guns at the begginning, and that the smoke causes lag, I will try to reduce said lag.

You say that the enemies onshot you? And?

Muskets aren't so inaccurate that they can't hit human torso at 100 yards. There is also the fact that the accuracy of the weapons effects the units behavior, so the guns are perhaps overly accurate.

I am trying to find a way to fix this. Of course the units have a lowered firearms skills that is essentially the only thing stopping them from killing you every time they shoot.
    Ok yeah its not perfect, but im working on it.  :sad:  Not sure you had to give it a half star though.
  11. Deathknight13

Wouldn't that be ridiculous eh? Well this isn't the mod for that, but it could be fun.

jasonxfri13th said:
    Deathknight13 said:
    jasonxfri13th said:
    Deathknight13 said:
    The pistols and guns are from the OSP Firearms, but I thought up and created the items yeah.
    The weapon/equipment list is not complete of course. Until I get some more models the number of guns is limited to what I have now.
    Are you going to help Vonmistont with V5?

We will see, I hope to contribute to it though.
    jasonxfri13th said:
    King Loras said:
    vonmistont said:
    Great job!

So now we have Legion, Undeads and Gunpowder invasion. Something good for everyone :smile:
    I concur. I myself have considered tweaking the Legion for my own personal use to be more like other configurations, so it isn't always just short swords and javelins with big shields. I love fighting the Legion, but sometimes you just want to change things up. And SoD is such an awesome mod that just by tweaking who invades, the game feels fresh and fun over and over again.  :smile:
    Yeah, and tweaking the invasdion date is good. 366 days was too long, I had 80 faith troops and 50 top tier nobles and 30 mid tier nobles and about 50-100 1st tier nobles and I can make 100 sharpshooters in 2 weeks, or UNLIMITED mid tier bow men. So I am basically unstoppable, I use my top tier nobles, mid tier nobles, and faith troops and pretty good companions and I rape the legion. Invasion date at 200 would be good, and even stronger stuff. The gunpowder sounds like it should be good.

Something to the mod:
    Maybe you could unlock gun units by defeating Centurians? Like a 5% chance of getting the info on how to make a certain unit type, and eventually you could have them all.

Wow that is actually a great idea, it will go with the DOCUMENTS section in combination with the eventual ability to use guns. Sounds fun.

The 'Centurions' and the General still have SoD weapons, since I want some more specialized equipment for them.

GAME INFO section update more. Another troop. Screens will be here soonish, whenever I can get around to making some.

EDIT: screenshots beinging uploaded to photobucket as I type this.
    jasonxfri13th said:
    When you say the generals have SoD weapons you mean that ONLY the leaders, aka lords, have SoD legion equipment?

Yes, currently the LORDS and leaders of the Invaders have SoD Legion Equipment. The actual troops (USC Pistolleer) have guns and stuff.  The reason I did this is because I think I need more
    specialized guns and models for them. Plus, I still need some more clear uniforms. That can come later though.
  12. Deathknight13

That depends, the invader cavalry may be light but they are good, and a gun volley to your cavalry's face won't help them out eh?

If this is a issue, I suppose I can combat this later.
  13. Deathknight13

jasonxfri13th said:
    Deathknight13 said:
    The pistols and guns are from the OSP Firearms, but I thought up and created the items yeah.
    The weapon/equipment list is not complete of course. Until I get some more models the number of guns is limited to what I have now.
    Are you going to help Vonmistont with V5?

We will see, I hope to contribute to it though.
    jasonxfri13th said:
    King Loras said:
    vonmistont said:
    Great job!

So now we have Legion, Undeads and Gunpowder invasion. Something good for everyone :smile:
    I concur. I myself have considered tweaking the Legion for my own personal use to be more like other configurations, so it isn't always just short swords and javelins with big shields. I love fighting the Legion, but sometimes you just want to change things up. And SoD is such an awesome mod that just by tweaking who invades, the game feels fresh and fun over and over again.  :smile:
    Yeah, and tweaking the invasdion date is good. 366 days was too long, I had 80 faith troops and 50 top tier nobles and 30 mid tier nobles and about 50-100 1st tier nobles and I can make 100 sharpshooters in 2 weeks, or UNLIMITED mid tier bow men. So I am basically unstoppable, I use my top tier nobles, mid tier nobles, and faith troops and pretty good companions and I rape the legion. Invasion date at 200 would be good, and even stronger stuff. The gunpowder sounds like it should be good.

Something to the mod:
    Maybe you could unlock gun units by defeating Centurians? Like a 5% chance of getting the info on how to make a certain unit type, and eventually you could have them all.

Wow that is actually a great idea, it will go with the DOCUMENTS section in combination with the eventual ability to use guns. Sounds fun.

The 'Centurions' and the General still have SoD weapons, since I want some more specialized equipment for them.

GAME INFO section update more. Another troop. Screens will be here soonish, whenever I can get around to making some.

EDIT: screenshots beinging uploaded to photobucket as I type this.
  14. Deathknight13

15. Deathknight13

JKRevan; Yes a modmod I suppose, guns are a bit edgy but I think they are a fun addition.

vonmistont: thanks for the sticky and all the help.

Game info section updated.
  16. Deathknight13

SCREENSHOTS

OLD SCREENSHOTS

WARNING: Great amount of images below.
    The division move onward.
    mb1.jpg

Get those farmers!
    mb2.jpg

Lets go men!
    mb3.jpg

Charge!
    mb4.jpg

There's the enemy!
    mb5.jpg

To the death!
    mb6.jpg

He's dead!
    mb7.jpg

Nice knowing you guys...
    mb8.jpg

You are ugly!
    mb9.jpg

Mob Tactics
    mb10.jpg

Well, we lost.
    mb11.jpg
    mb12.jpg

mb13.jpg

mb14.jpg

mb15.jpg

mb16.jpg

mb17.jpg

mb18.jpg

mb19.jpg

mb20.jpg

mb21.jpg
  17. Deathknight13

GAME INFO
    TROOPS, EQUIPMENT, AND CHARACTERS
    CHARACTERS
    General Mykhalio
    Rumored to be the leader of the USC forces encroaching on Calradia. Not much is known about this man, except that he is a ruthless and cunning foe. His name is thought
    to mean 'God' or 'Divine' as, some (very roughly) translated texts seemd to hail him as a eternal leader.

TROOPS
    USC Pistolleer
    The basic soldier of the USC. Armed with a variety of pistols, and a classic Infantry Saber. Poor shooting skills, but much deadlier if used in great numbers or at close range.

USC Lineman
    The backbone of the USC. Outfitted with a array of weapons and a saber. Decent shooting skills, devastating when used in a volley format.

USC Grenadier
    The main assualt troops of the USC. Trained to use more direct tactics, and get closer to the enemy before shooting, uses slugshots and other shortange weapons.

USC Sharpshooter
    Extremely skilled veterans of the USC. Armed with accurate muskets and rifles, very dangerous if used wisely, deadly if used in large numbers.

USC Hussar
    Basic cavalry of the USC. Not greatly skilled but useful for their speed and strength against light infantry.

More to come....

EQUIPMENT
    Weapons with a aterisk by them are limited by the game engine and do not have all features described

USC L29P (aka. USC Light Pistol)

Lightweight flintlock pistol. Medium accuracy but with a smaller slug, lower stopping power and often made out of less then reliable materials.

USC S54P (aka. USC Standard Pistol)
    Medium weight flintlock pistol. Medium accuracy with standard issue pistol slug, medium stopping power and usually made out of average materials.

USC H12P (aka. USC Heavy Pistol) *
    Heavy weight flintlock pistol. Lower accuracy then its lighter counterparts, and a large caliber pistol slug. High stopping power but requires the use of a
    modified chamber system. Made out of thick metal, known for its tendency to jam with bad conditions.

USC O3P (aka. USC Officer's Pistol)

Medium weight flintlock pistol. High accuracy and a modified shaped projectile, giving it lower stopping power but extra chance to damage vital organs. Made
    from high quality metals and known for a stubborn reliability not shared by most other guns.

USC HA6A (aka. USC Militia Handgonne)
    Bulky handgonne used by many militia because of its cheap make. Low accuracy and a ineffective and primitive slug version. Low stopping power but very useful
    at close range. Made of wood and iron, prone to wear and tear, not reliable at all.

USC MA43A (aka. USC Matchlock Arquebuse)
    More standard arquebuse. Used by many infantry, low accuracy that is often shared by most Arquebuse. Medium stopping power and made out of decent
    materials, but difficulty to reload.

USC L35SS (aka. USC 'Drake' Slugshot)

A specialized version of the classic arquebuse, thickened chamber and sturdy build make it rather heavy compared to other guns. It uses a hollow ball with many
    iron balls just inside. On contact with a enemy the balls burst from their fragile container, tearing flesh and armor alike. Unfortunately due to the erratic nature of
    the projectile it can often burst before contact, rendering the range very short. Very low accuracy but great stopping power. Because of the type of projectile
    the weapons is naturally well built. Used popularly by assault troops, because of the total uselessness at any medium distance.

USC H21SS (aka. USC 'Hydra' Slugshot) *
    (does have four shots)
    A exotic modified version of the L35SS, called a Hydra Slugshot popularly by many troops because of the multi-chamber system. Uses a revolving quadruple barrel.
    Much heavier than even the drake Slugshot because of the extra barrels. Load time is drastically increased, and the stopping power and size of the slugs is reduced,
    causing it to have overall lower damage potential. Hollow Slugs are much smaller, with less balls in inside, although this increases accuracy to a extent. Very expensive
    and well built, because of the complex nature of the gun, it needs high quality materials.

USC SOBS2 (aka. USC 'Sharpshot' Longbarrel)
    Fairly accuracte version of a late musket early rifle. Unfortunately this weapon is greatly complicated an extremely unreliable.
    Ironically, it is only kept around because it is cheaper then more reliable version, and it is more likely to hit the target than
    other guns. The rather dubious name is blamed on the rather dubious company with originally fielded the weapon.

USC SB2AQ (aka. USC Smoothbore Arqet) *

A unreliable combination of new musket technology and older arquebuse, which is where it gets its name. Medium weight, with improved accuracy then a normal
    arquebuse, slightly higher stopping power but increased chance for the powder fail to ignite correctly, and mud jams to happen with aggravating frequency.

More to come...
  18. Deathknight13

DOCUMENTS
    Letter/Journal entry
    This dated letter or journal entry was recovered by a scout patrol far beyond Calradia. It appears all of the patrol but two men were killed, bringing back this paper and a tale of
    horrible smoke and fire magiks. Disturbing as it is, the two men were driven mad by what they described as "the devils flame".

"Сполучені південної Конфедерації  1258 Дванадцять
    Багато громадян Calradia думають, що вони перебувають у стані війни ....
    Ми покажемо їм війни ....

Довгі ми правила, ми знесли велику зберігає і зрівняли містах наших ворогів ....
    Грабіж, і розграбовані, все на славу нації.
    Тим не повинна стояти на нашому шляху, немає зупинить нас.
    І якщо їх спробувати?

Ми дамо їм пекло.

Слава п'ять зірок сірим кольором. Ми в даний час правила. Тим не будуть знати нашого вторгнення. Тим не зрозуміють наші технології. Вони не можуть навіть почати розуміти природу нашої влади. Вони будуть градом нас Бог, чи ж вони будуть просити за смерть на колінах. Велич Сполучених південної конфедерації повинні знати все. Ті, хто буде протистояти знаю тільки вогнем наших знарядь. Дросселірованіе диму нашого гніву. точило краю нашого лезвия.
    Вони будуть представляти, або відкинути як і все інше ".

It appears to be a unknown dialect, unable to translate without extensive reference points.
  19. Deathknight13

This variant's next version will be for WARBAND This variant does not work with the latest version of SoD.  The LASTEST COMPATIBLE VERSION is with SoD V4 Welcome one and all, this is Sword Of Damocles - Gunpowder Invasion! DOWNLOAD & INFORMATION...
  20. Deathknight13

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Admosdean what version of python are you using? Also have you edited anything?
Back
Top Bottom