Search results for query: *

1. Mr.Milker

Open [Game bug] Custom fonts/flora/races, and more generally Data folder overrides, are broken in the macOS version of Warband

I've been answering people asking about these things for literally years at this point.
    If the solution is this trivial, why not do it?
    I get it, it's the old game now, but so many players still evidently play it for the mods. And more and more Mac players all the time.
  2. Mr.Milker

Why is every single NPC ugly as sin....and white?

Can guys you stop with the butthurt responses? OP is baiting you to whine about SJWs, nothing more.
    (but also, whining about "forced diversity" and "SJWs" is pretty cringe by itself..)
  3. Mr.Milker

Some thoughts and critiques from a professional game developer and ex-modder of M&B/Warband.

Nice, good stuff, Jordy.

Campaign dialog loading screens are removed entirely, all campaign map instagated dialog is now an overlay showing a 3D character just like in the encyclopedia with some preset backgrounds based on the environment.

Oh god, this is my main pet peeve!
    There should NOT be a loading when you talk to anyone! If you go attack a party, you need to load once to talk to them, then you switch back to the map and then the scene loads yet again.
    This is just fundamentally bad design.

In Warband this works so much better, because it's simpler. You activate a party on the map, the scene loads (very quickly) and you get the dialogue window. You click to attack and you move into the battle scene.
  4. Mr.Milker

I'd point out the diversity **** is obviously bait, but then...you guys' reaction is exactly what he baited for, which is equally sad.
    The game is quite diverse, as it should be.
  5. Mr.Milker

I'd be surprised if the face system in BL worked hugely different to the one in Warband.
    How it works:
    You have sliders that control parts of the face, and a randomizer that just picks values on said sliders.
    You can set certain limits for that randomizer to be applied for "skins", which can be used for races, factions etc.
    For all these sliders you set two extreme examples per one skin, and then every person sharing that skin is generated between those two extremes.

I think BL works very similarly, so when you choose a Khuzait main character, it automatically gives you a random value set between the Khuzait limits. (flat face, low profile nose, slanted eyes etc.)

To get less "ugly" NPCs is a trivial thing, you just need to restrict slider extremes that lead to "ugliness" for NPC skins/types. Or you need to limit how many of them can get into extreme values at once.
    Of course this will lead to less unique faces overall.
  6. Mr.Milker

Iron Chieftain: Simulated RTS and Citybuilder

Oh god, the faces.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
  7. Mr.Milker

Six Ages: Ride like the Wind (= King of Dragon Pass sequel)

TheFlyingFishy said:
    Oh. Coolio. The way the menu is structured and how the endgame text reads felt like it implied some choices would carry over. Do you know if that's going to be the case?

Yes, that is absolutely the case. Keep your save files. :wink:

You can look through our development blog, there have been several posts about the next one:

https://blog.sixages.com/index.php/2018/09/06/chapter-two/
  8. Mr.Milker

Eeh, I wish David didn't put the sequel note in the game like that. It won't be new modes, they're sequels.
    And we're working on it, have been for a year-ish.
    It's hard to estimate, but we're hoping this one won't take four years like the first.
  9. Mr.Milker

What TV series are you watching?

I was surprised I predicted who the bounty was EXACTLY, because I thought I was being funny. I wasn't.
    So far the M. is a lot like Rogue One the TV show, but the character has some potential to not be horribly flat. (we know he takes off the helmet as we've seen him without it in promo pics)
    Also can't wait for Gina Carano to show up. Mmmm, mommy!

His Dark Materials is leaving me very cold so far. It feels rushed somehow, and aimless. I couldn't even finish the second episode, the direction seems super bad to me. It's distracting to see good actors deliver lines awkwardly and just act poorly. The main girl was great in Logan, but I suspect not having many lines helped with that.
    And young Dr. Xavier is not convincing as a tough explorer guy, that role was better suited to Daniel Craig in the movie.
    I didn't think it possible, but this so far feels sillier than the movie.
  10. Mr.Milker

fysaga said:
    Congratulations, waited silently for this. Is there a reason for the windows 10 requirement ?

There is,unfortunately, 100% not an arbitrary decision/choice.
  11. Mr.Milker

If you like the game and want to support us, please do write a review on Steam or GoG.
    It really helps. There are still relatively few and every negative one hurts us a bunch.
  12. Mr.Milker

The game is out on Steam and Gog. (and Mac) Steam: https://t.co/mQeOn5E8wJ?amp=1 GoG: https://t.co/Y5DmZerYQP?amp=1
  13. Mr.Milker

King of Dragon Pass

Six Ages will be out on Steam and GoG on 17th of October!
  14. Mr.Milker

Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

So hey, this neat game's out in Early Access. And I know, I know, we all collectively have to hate EA. Just watch the trailer.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/408060/SAVAGE_The_Shard_of_Gosen/

15. Mr.Milker

?Gamescom 2019 (20-24 August)

I've seen at least three different castles in various GC videos.
    (and it probably makes sense to put the one you've tested thoroughly in most instances that people will encounter)
  16. Mr.Milker

Where are all the banners?

Who knows, maybe they thought the "banners stapled to back" solution didn't look that good. I do.
  17. Mr.Milker

Where are all the banners?

99% there wasn't any downgrade, they just didn't (for whatever reason, things happen unexpectedly) have cloth physics and probably the global illumination lighting system active in the Gamescom build. 
    As others said, the MP beta looks like the old videos.
  18. Mr.Milker

TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Yes, it's gone.
    Yes, but this would be a lot of work, because the OSP female head is not very customizable and imo doesn't fit well. (no.) (no.)
    There isn't. Yes.
Back
Top Bottom