1. Charonte

Mount & Blade - Old Versions

Man, .632 in 2005.

6 years of M&B... I feel old now :sad:

and I'm only just starting to learn to manual block  :shock:
  2. Charonte

Performance issue.

-What are the specs of your desktop pc?
    -What is the exact model of your laptop?
    -What software do you use on your laptop, including antivirus etc?
    -What software is running in the background on your laptop?
    -Tried playing with power settings?
  3. Charonte

How large could i set my battle sizer to with this Desktop?

0rpm is correct, SSDs have no moving parts and hence don't revolve. Normal HDDs rely on a mechanical arm and revolving disk configuration.
  4. Charonte

quick questn

Surprised we didn't get a response 20 seconds later, actually.
  5. Charonte

How fast is your internet?

Janlulhannes said:
    This is from a unprotected wireless network in my neighborhood which I leech from:

I added a router password now, so I'm safe for the moment :razz:

Nice, should try a protected one sometime.

There's one here that altrernates between "**** Off", "My neighbours are ****s", "Up yours" and a couple of other profane things. Wonder if you can see how that ended :razz:
  6. Charonte

How fast is your internet?

Stuck on ADSL1 for now (damned Telstra monopoly of ADSL2 and their expensive backhaul in Tasmania)...

That being said, national broadband network is due to role out FTTH to my area mid this year, after which I'll be sittin' pretty at 100/8 megabits a second. Have a top notch cisco router so that should handly it fine.

Ahhhh.....
  7. Charonte

Need Some Help

Eh, if it's his ISP there isn't really anything we can do.

Only other thing it could be is some obscure piece of software on the PC which is why I suggested trying something like a livecd for another OS. Other alternative would be installing windows on another HDD as a fresh install. Either that or another primary partition. Either of those are a little extreme and the latter requires screwing with the windows bootloader which is never a fun experience.

As it's not your PC I guess you can't be disabling/uninstalling anything related to internet security, but honestly I'd be having a closer look at software etc as well as contacting my ISP.

IIRC there's a windows service that can effect this sort of thing, have you done anything in msconfig or services.msc lately? It could also be a IPSEC filtering policy I guess, but that'd be unlikely.

I'll get back to you once I get around to finding the relevant service.
  8. Charonte

france

At the risk of repeating someone else, man the **** up bud.

Do what you're gonna do and don't be expecting decent advice from people particularly here. Like the girl you're with? Fine, settle down for a bit. Decide you hate her next week? Dump the ***** and head out on the town. It really is that simple, you'll only screw yourself over thinking it's more important than it actually is. Practically nothing is permanent these days; you'll have another  50+ years to relive your mistakes so stop stressing.
  9. Charonte

Need Some Help

Nope, and no router I've ever owned blocks highly-numbered ports (or any for that matter) on outgoing connections anyway.

Disabling the firewall was a stop-gap solution as I don't actually have a clue what the relevant ports are and I'm too lazy to look it up :razz:
  10. Charonte

Need Some Help

Yep, unlikely but it's possible. Try disabling the firewall in your router - generally it can be accessed over the web via 192.168.1.1 or 10.1.1.1.

Otherwise, do you have access to any other sort of PC? Even a livecd of some sort that'd let you test MSN/Teamspeak without modifying your system. If that doesn't work it's most probably your ISP.
  11. Charonte

Need Some Help

Look for windows firewall in the control panel (if there is one, IIRC you needed SP2+ in XP) and try disabling it. Check for security programs and disable anything they do that's internet-related bar updating. Some security programs block all data on ports except for the basic HTTP/POP/IMAP etc.

Could also be your ISP blocking ports though I doubt it. You can probably use something like ebuddy which operates over HTTP port 80 for MSN as a temporary solution.
  12. Charonte

Computer help needed

What video card are you using?

nVidia
    ATI/AMD

If you downloaded drivers off of your motherboard maker's site you would have received drivers for the integrated GPU which I doubt you're using.
  13. Charonte

Computer help needed

Have you installed video/sound drivers? Windows could be using a defacto VGA driver which will limit your resolution.

If your sound card is integrated with your motherboard (as most are these days), you will need to install chipset drivers. You're best off going to your motherboard manufacturer's website and downloading the latest drivers from there. If that fails you should have receive a CD with the mobo.

System specs?
  14. Charonte

Mafia II ann-RELEASED!

Damnit, the thing uses PhysX. I knew i shouldn't have sold that 8800 Ultra!
  15. Charonte

I Trashed My New Sports Car Yesterday :( PHOTOS!

Spanky, just to clear this up:

It's not just your comments that pisses everyone off, nor is it your atrocious spelling (it's CUSTOM and not COSTUME) - heck, I could even put up with your bland 'no u' attitude to an extent.

It's the fact that you're an egotistical, narcissistic, naive **** who thinks every damned thing is about about money and material wealth. Seriously, stop telling us how much your latest car costs. Stop telling us how much money you've got kicking about. Stop using annoying pictures of yourself as avatars. You're the only one that actually gives a ****; "bragging" does nothing but annoy others who come to this forum to read constructive opinions and not your crap. By the way, you've probably provided more than enough information for someone to commit identity theft - luckily I can't think of anyone that actually wants to be you.

But alas, I have a solution. Buy a mirror. Replace your monitor with it. Talk to it; you will never loose an argument again, never be told you're a **** and best of all, we'll never have to look at your ugly mug every time you post. It's also the closest you'll get to an actual date without lobotomizing the poor girl beforehand.

Looking forward to the short, senseless response containing nothing but gibberish, misspelled words and smiling emoticons though.
  16. Charonte

Upgrade advice...

Yeah, the 5770 is enough to run practically every game currently at 1920x1080, bar Crysis and GTA4 (which is just a crappy port, I expect performance to improve). You are right in saying it wont last as long as the 5850, though.

If you're gaming a lot, take a look at the Phenom II 550 BE which is around the same price as the Athlon X4 but it's a dual core. Phenom's have L3 cache which generally improves performance in games from 5-20% over a similar Athlon but keep in mind that newer games are becoming quad-friendly (i.e, Battlefield Bad Company 2) in which case the performance benefits are reversed. Either is a good choice!

My thinking with the 5770 was that I'd either be rich by the time I upgraded and could afford a new card -or- I could pick up a Crossfire motherboard for Bulldozer and drop another 5770 in. 2 5770's are currently faster than a single 5850 in practically all cases and perform around the level of a 5870/4870x2 in most games. That's enough to game at 2560x1600 =) As driver support improves I imagine performance will as well.

Considering you're playing at HD resolutions (I'm still stuck at 1280x1024, heh), if you can afford it go for the 5850. It's a great card and should last you a fair while.

17. Charonte

Upgrade advice...

5770 is technically a little slower than the 4870, though it means very little in real-world performance and I'd take the 5770 anyway as it's better in practically every other area.

What's the make/model of your PSU? Would be wanting a decent brand (better ripple suppression in most cases etc) and at least 30A combined on the +12V Rails though you -might- get away with less.

I have the same CPU and 2GB DDR3-800 (ordered a 5770 last night) and I'm planning on keeping it until Bulldozer next year. Might grab another 2GB of ram but I get the feeling Bulldozer wont support anything more than DDR3 initially. If you're happy with 2GB at the moment, save the cash and upgrade at a later date. AMD Thuban 6-cores aren't shaping up all that great (though they're well priced for a hexa core), so to me spending money on hardware for an AM3 platform that cannot be used in a newer platform is a little wasteful (i.e, DDR2). Keep in mind I'm not a heavy gamer though.

But good choice in video card whichever way you go.
  18. Charonte

Shes female, doesn't know what that is.
    Crap, did I at least sound impressive? Or should I buy a gold necklace?

HTAPAWASO, I payed $800 for my car 2 years ago and probably have spent $1200 on it since excluding rego. They're not all that expensive! But that's a nice celica, none the less. Not sold on the mags though.

FrisianDude, I have no idea. It's the first one I've seen with it on there. Could actually be a bonnet strap (scary?).
  19. Charonte

Memory Leak Issue in Warband.

Why don't you tell us? You were the one having the problem [amongst others]...

By the way, the muting was for a completely different and totally deserved post.
  20. Charonte

Meh, I never liked the MK2's. I just think they're ugly.

I do think it's great how Jaguar was able to keep using the same engine for nigh on 50 years though. Worst part now is finding parts, the transmission shat itself in mine and it worked out cheaper to buy a V8 and put it in myself.

They're actually really nice to drive too, DameGreyWulf, just as long as parallel parking doesn't factor into it -.-
Back
Top Bottom