Search results for query: *

1. Chilly5

Anyone ever play the game Taboo? I made an app so that you can play it for free

Hello Mount&bladers! I'm not sure if this is allowed. If it isn't, a mod should feel free to remove this thread. I recently started learning to code, and one of my first projects has recently been finished. It's an app that simulates the card game Taboo. It's called "YKWIM?" (as in - You know...
  2. Chilly5

Best-dressed Warrior

Oh Wow...this thread really...sparked and boomed....damn...11 pages lol...
    But...really? In all eleven pages only ONE other person thought the polish winged hussars were damn sexy? What's wrong with you people...
    I have to say, other awesome-looking soldiers would include the heavily armored sipahis.
    I would definetly not say that asians did not look good in armour...
    How can you not say that samurai looked baddass?
    http://www.b-29s-over-korea.com/WasItNecToDropTheBomb/images/Samurai-warrior-1860s.jpg
    But I have to say, the chinese military really looks awful in their armours. It's really bulky looking, puffing them up, making them look fat, and the helmets were ugly round pieces of metal.
    How ever, I do like the way jet li looks in qing dynasty general's armour in the movie "warlords"
    http://www.screen-power.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/warlords1.jpg
  3. Chilly5

Best-dressed Warrior

A minor fun discussion, what warrior throughout the ages do you think was the best dressed of all time? This could mean...they look sexy...or cool...or kickass...or simply that the dress was very efficient. Preferably choose only one. Personally I've got to say that the best looking warrior of...
  4. Chilly5

This, an anti-cavalry tactic?

FrisianDude said:
    Pffsh, Stone age-> Plastic age-> Bronze age-> Iron age-> Olay Anti-age.

Everyone knows that.
    lol...also to the trojan thing.
  5. Chilly5

Usefulness of Nose-guards?

Thanks for the replies, all very interesting.
    Farmind I've never heard of that...I was never aware at the importance of the nose's appearance back in the day. I mean, if your nose is smashed....wouldnt you probably die from breathing problems or infections?

I dont understand how the nose would deflect a slash to the face...from what direction is the sword going? I mean, if it scraps the top of your helmet and goes down...it would just cut into your face once it hits past the nose guard. If it's a slash comming from the side, if it doesnt already hit your face, it would smash your noseguard in and break your nose on the spot...

And to go on that visibility issue, if visibility really was a great issue then why were great helmets eventually so greatly employed following the crusading era? Also I'm interested in the benefits that a chain coif would add. I understand that it would give good flexability, how does it fair as an actual defensive armour? A sword slash to the neck would probably still break/strain your neck with or without armour. Do arrows have great ease or difficulty to pierce chainmail?
  6. Chilly5

Usefulness of Nose-guards?

Hey, I've been wondering, how useful are nose guards in helmets? I don't near anything about the subject. But from my point of view it looks like a tiny strap of metal...going down a very small area of your face. In fact the guard is very close to the eyes and could hamper vision. Occasionally...
  7. Chilly5

Hey...I doubt that many of you are familiar with this series...mainly because its a kids TV-series... But hear me out, it's actually incredibly good as far as cartoons go. It's an anime, but its American made, and airs on Nickolodian. Avatar:The last airbender. I think in Europe it's called...
  8. Chilly5

Cleaving?

bigtoebubby said:
    Chilly5 said:
    The absence of cleaving is why we have these big mobs of peasents taking down fully armoured knights or massed trains of enemies chasing after one guy.

:roll:
    Hey! I understand that you might feel a mob of peasents certainly should take down a single knight, and I have no objection to that. It's just that...no one really blindly charges an armed enemy based on sheer numbers, without the risk of being hit, or maybe actually being hit, the M&B soldiers just for their way in, a sword can hurt anything in its path if the sword is not stopped and caught in someone's gut, there's not much reason that it wouldnt do damage once it hits the next guy. And while the push-effect wouldnt affect 5 people, it would certainly hit at least the guy next to the guy being hit.
  9. Chilly5

Cleaving?

Elenmmare said:
    @Merklir
    So true. The water is great this time of year.

BTW
    Chilly5 said:
    Look the way I see it, I think cleavage in this GAME would be a much needed and enjoyed attribute. ....

Please, please sig this!
    LOL my bad, my bad.
    Cleaving is very realistic...I'm pretty sure no one implied fully chopping through one guy and hitting the next.
    Look at it this way: If you were fighting 3 people, and they all had swords and you had one too...one way to defeat them is to swing your sword accross your body, as to scare ALL 3 of your opponents. If you were to slash one guy accross the stomach, I'm sure momentum if not your own force could let you hit the guy right next to him.
    Currently in M&B you have...one knight with a sword, and three peasents with forks. The three peasents stand one behind the other, or side by side, you swing your sword, the animation shows it going through two of your enemies...yet...for some reason only one of them gets hurt (sometimes its even the guy in back) and the other one CHARGES at you, instead of also being wounded, or at least stepping back, avoiding your sword blow. The absence of cleaving is why we have these big mobs of peasents taking down fully armoured knights or massed trains of enemies chasing after one guy.
  10. Chilly5

Cleaving?

I'm sorry but many of the responses in this thread are just plain stupid and very laughable.
    I am very irritated at the kinds of resposes this thread-starter is getting.
    He never asked if "cleaving" was realistic, and this thread was never meant to debate that. I feel that most of the taleworlds community is caught up in some "I feel the need to impose my historical knowledge over you" hype. Many of the responses are very disrespectful to the thread starter as well.

Look the way I see it, I think cleaving in this GAME would be a much needed and enjoyed attribute. First of all, as kahael had mentioned, in mount&blade, many of the swings do LOOK like they go through multiple people. I would feel that this may be deemed more unrealistic and unsettling the atmosphere. Second of all, as far as gameplay balance goes. Is there any reason that a player would choose to use a pole-axe or a bearded axe for any reason when a small scimitar can do roughly enough damage to kill a single unit in one hit (at a certain lvl) and yet be much faster and lighter? The pole-axe is really at a disadvantage in this. And I will argue that while you probably cannot slice through multiple opponents with it, you probably could realistically hit multiple people, whether it be with the blade, the pole, or even the guy you hit landing on other guys (and even causing a rippling effect).
  11. Chilly5

.952 changes

I dont know if it's been mentioned or not...but if you hold down teh backspace button...you're presented with a "comand UI" of sorts.
  12. Chilly5

Omnipotence of God? Well, if you look hard enough.

Hahahhaa
    The Jesus in the ultrasound was by far the best....actually it was the only one that looked like something.
    And..."god" appearing on the side of the alligator is a pretty funny coincidence.
  13. Chilly5

Patching up the animations?

I agree Lethn, I particularly hope they make the running animation look less...I really dont know how to describe it. But I know of no one, let a lone a veteran warrior who runs with his arms bent 90 degrees and held at his sides swinging back and forth at a constant motion. The legs are also a little weird, especially because the boots are disconnected with the trousers (more noticeable on some costumes than others). I think they made a new walking animation, I felt that it looked a lot smoother so hopefully new animations will come in the future.
  14. Chilly5

New Mod Ideas~Need a modder

Wait wait wait wait...are you serious?
    Read some more tutorials or ask other modders or the tutorial writer for help if you dont understand them. And as for the mods...They are friggin displayed in the "The Cartographer's Guild - Released Mods" in BOLD letters.
    There's even one plainly titled gladiator mod. Though I understand that by "new" you probably mean for the most recent version, well it's yet to be released the best you can do is wait, there's usually a lack of large mods a while after a new version is released.
  15. Chilly5

"great bardiche"

That's interesting...
    There seems to be a lot of items not available from the merchants. Such as the khergit scale-helmet. I've been dying to get my hands on one of those to complete my khergit rider outfit but I just cant seem to find one. (so...now Im going to rebel against my lords and loot their precious helmets  :twisted:)
  16. Chilly5

Rhodok guerrilla tree-snipers!

Just fought a minor skirmish with some army deserters of my allies. After the first wave, the second wave decided to hide up in the trees! lol :lol:
  17. Chilly5

Improving User Interface

I think there should be a "squire" type character-hero that will ALWAYS stick with you if you have reached the rank of nobleman (or are born into it). The boy would follow you around...progress in fighting, and you would probably hear his voice reading off the most important messages (My lord! The King has been captured by the enemy!)
  18. Chilly5

Improving User Interface

The game is comming near completion. And while I'm sure this issue is on the developer's minds...but just incase they forget...or perhaps some members of the community have perhaps better ideas... How do you think the in-game user interface should be improved? I'm talking about the "swadian...
  19. Chilly5

Lancer AI

I agree with this idea.
    Although my biggest concern is the player...it's not really fun to be couched lanced to death from behind constantly...
Back
Top Bottom