Search results for query: *

1. we4kf00l

100 things M&M taught you about Napoleonic warfare

46. Soldiers were banned from the battlefield if they carried more than one firearm.
  2. we4kf00l

Countdown to 268 B.C. (Warband SP)

ealabor said:
    jacobmjl said:
    Hey Ealabor,
    Hate to interupt the overhand/underhand phalanx debate but I found this excellent source, a free preview of an ancient warfare magazine.

Thats actually a nice find. Thanks for that.

I'm a member of Ancient Warfare Magazine and got some issue's here. Just tell me if I can use it to help you out:smile:
  3. we4kf00l

Why am i still rank Recruit?

This is without common sense
  4. we4kf00l

Old command system

I would like to know that as well. I still think the original was way better
  5. we4kf00l

Warband - Graphics Bugs - Flickering Red Screen, Sky Textures On Floor

I had the same issue and downgraded my graphic drivers. After that it seemed to work. (Ati 4850)
  6. we4kf00l

1.105 Graphic issue

Hi all, I am having a major graphic issue while playing Warband (No troubles running the original Mount and Blade). Until now this error has occured in every version of Warband I tried and with every graphic settings I tried. I am using a custom computer Specs: Intel Core I7 6GB RAM Ati 4850...
  7. we4kf00l

SP Musket Era Age of Revolutions - VERY IMPORTANT POLL!!!!!!!!!!

Depending on the timeframe, the DUtch should play a role. Unless you are going for a more napoleonic mod.
  8. we4kf00l

Crouching

Well I dont know.

I would not want to see archers crouched while firing, that seems unrealistic. A crouching pikeman though seems a great addition
  9. we4kf00l

Vocal commands with "Shoot" [speech recognition]

Working great for me! already trying different formations and stuff, not only fun, but asllo quite handy!
  10. we4kf00l

An idea for spears

SwissHalberdier said:
    I've got a funny story to that effect, OP.  Spears as passive weapons I mean.  One day, during the summer, nobody else showed up for my martial arts class but me and one of my juniors.  This is actually pretty common for summers, because most of our guys are university students.  Anyway, we're talking and he mentions that he has a particular interest in spears.  He says, however, that "spears are great but they're worthless if you get past the tip..." So, I laughed at him and told him to fetch us a practice sword and spear.  He comes back, we stand at about a couple meters distance, and I say "alright, try that."  Now, I'm not too good at spearmanship, but he tried to knock away the tip of my spear, and I neatly maneuvered the tip past the incoming blade and ended right in his face.  He couldn't get around the tip, and after 5 minutes or so of him trying numerous increasingly stupid maneuvers, he gave up.

The moral of the story is that the inherent weaknesses of the spear are often grossly exaggerated.  You can draw a spear back in your hand faster than a person with a sword can charge at you, and impale him with his own momentum if he's overcommitted.  It's so hard, in fact, that I think a realistic spear wall in this game would essentially be VASTLY overpowered if it had its flanks covered.  Just think about the ratio of kills:casualties shown by large, well trained spear formations historically.  The Greeks, Macedonians, various Hellenic cultures... And later, the Swiss, Germans, Spanish, Scots... These people essentially used large pointy sticks to skewer armies 3 times, 4 times their number, which were usually better equipped, better armored and better trained.  My example was a spear 9 feet in length, and a single inexperienced spearman against a more experience swordsman.  Imagine if there was a spear next to my spear, and one next to that, and another spearman behind me ready to present his spear, and one next to him, and... It's essentially nearly impossible to get by.  Then imagine if they were 21 feet long... Far more unwieldy, but even more spears could be leveled at the enemy at once by people maybe 2 or 3 men behind me.  Imagine how hard it would be to beat that.  That would just suck on so many levels, I'm sorry.  Especially since you can't knock the spears out of the way or something.  The spears dealing passive damage is a realistic, but probably bad idea.  Can't make a game too realistic if it makes the game unplayable...  "You lost your legs in battle!  Join a monastery?  Y/N"

Did the swordsman have a shied ?
    And I think at the moment (in native at least, can not judge the mod) the spear does not offer a realistic battle. The spear should be vulnrable for archers or shielded men. Romans could break them. And they are of course vulnrable when moving. Plus the fact that attacking with them (let alone sieging) is terrably hard. I do not think therefore it would inbalance the game. The spear is not one of the most used weapons in history for nothing.
  11. we4kf00l

An idea for spears

I am eager to try the spears in the mod and I believe you when I say that they are more effective.

I do not know however, wether or not the spear offers a realistic type of play. I hope you can confirm this. Because as in native, a row of spears does not really stop an assault as it should/could.
  12. we4kf00l

An idea for spears

As we all know, spears in this game are hard to use and not very effective. I started thinking how this could be and I think I found the awnser. First of all, spears are also passive weapons. Especcially in when fighting in formation, spears pointed forward would make it a lot harder for your...
  13. we4kf00l

please help me, problems downloading

Tried both
  14. we4kf00l

please help me, problems downloading

I have the same problem. What is your solution ?
  15. we4kf00l

Countdown to 268 B.C. v1.98 for WARBAND (updated 6/3)

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
    timedanze said:
    good speed!! good speed!! keep on doing elabor!! great work!  :cool:

Hmmm...

lol

Really waiting for this mod though
  16. we4kf00l

The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

Argonash11 said:
    ghosttiger13 said:
    Argonash11 said:
    Gimme a godamn date Goddamn it!!!!!!!

it's impossible for them to give a date when they don't know when it's going to be finished in the first place  :roll:

so to answer your question: STFU and be patient, ports from 808 to 1.011 are lengthy and these people have lives outside of the computer
        Ok then when do they estimate itll be done :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Dude, the whereabouts of AW are a bit more important don't you think?

Hope he is alright
  17. we4kf00l

SP Modern World War III MOD

No Germany ? And no Turks ?
  18. we4kf00l

Houston, we have a problem

Thank you for informing us and good luck with the map, I hope it won't be expanded to much though
  19. we4kf00l

Numantia - Scene in progress

Would it be possible to make more units use the siege tower ? Or is it just unbalanced in this shot?

It looks bloody good btw!
  20. we4kf00l

SP Fantasy Second Age

Why is he banned ?
Back
Top Bottom