Search results for query: *

• Users: Deras
  • Order by date
  1. Resolved Missing Armor and Weapons from stores

For those who have successfully removed "multiplayer_item="true" in their spitems.xml, would you be kind enough to do a how-to guide? Because when I search for that line in the file, I find upwards of several hundred lines containing "multiplayer_item="true". Are you really meant to delete them all just to get items to show up?
    Yes.
    If you're using notepad to edit it, just press Ctrl+H, put multiplayer_item="true" into the find bar, leave replace empty and then hit replace all.
    There you go, however you will need a new save for it to take effect.
  2. Resolved Missing Armor and Weapons from stores

After testing it for a bit, it seems like the; multiplayer_item="true" In spitems.xml is causing them to not load in stores for player's purchase. Simply removing that line from the item makes it available for the game to stock it. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2043316940
  3. SP Antiquity [WB] The Successors

Ademar, the elephants have to be scaled up with the horse scale to be elephant sized, if you scale them up too high then the hitboxes turn real bad.
    I have no scheduled release date for this mod at this moment.

Also, because I haven't fully decided to go for mulitplayer, singleplayer, or both just yet I added a few units to singleplayer just to test them out.
    Here's a preview of the thureophoroi, as ancient records and grave steles depict them as mainly being soild white, that is what I have gone with for the first shield.
    Zv8XavZ.jpg
    After trying them, I think players will have fun with them, as they come with shield, javelins, spear, and sword they are very versatile troops.
    While it might be historical for the shields to be just white, I know that players will be more interested in a wider display, so work will be done on that.

The following battle took about one to two minutes, even with me barely outnumbering the foes I didn't think it would go by so fast.
    Here's a new shield for the Seleucids
    WOFxdUL.jpg

And this is the battle I lost. I might have to tweak sarrisas, or should I leave them this powerful?
    AjdOxWS.jpg
    DrOTmPs.jpg
  4. SP Antiquity [WB] The Successors

Ademar said:
    How did you do elephants correctly rideable ? With a new skeleton ?
    Well first off I started with the elephants made by AlphaDelta like everyone else, and after seeing myself ride around in the elephant's stomach I knew that needed to change. I then downloaded Rigadoon's model but it wasn't rigged, so I pasted the rigging onto it then just played around.

After some time I noticed that by moving the elephant model I could get it into the right position, but at the cost of the hitboxes and animations becoming wonky. Now after rerigging it, I can tell you there's no new skeleton involved, if I remember right you can't do multiple skeletons for horses and elephants anyways.

Here's a video of the rigged elephant made by Rigadoon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTbWleX-0Cc&feature=youtu.be, the elephant is also OSP so anyone can use it in their mods if they don't mind it's slightly missed up hitbox.
  5. SP Antiquity [WB] The Successors

FrisianDude said:
    Looking nice, are those aspis-sized or phalangite pelta-size? :smile:
    The phalangite code used in the Rome at War mod was made by me, so you can think of that as something of a preview.  :wink:
    But onto the shields themselves they are pelta sized,  here are some pics of them being tested ingame.
    eLpx9Wd.jpg
    MbR33wj.jpg
    The goal after finishing on the phalangite is to start work on more assault-oriented infantry, like Galatians for the east and Thracians for Macedon, but that still is awhile off for now.

Also at the moment I'm looking for a coder that can help me with a goal I have in mind for this mod. I understand how alot of work would be involved, but I'm hopeful that somebody also interested in the idea can help.
    What I'm looking for, atleast at the start :lol:, is someone who might be able to attach a rideable tower to the elephant's back, that way players can ride ontop, like this:
    l.jpg

6. SP Antiquity [WB] The Successors

Thanks guys.
    Ademar said:
    Is it for singleplayer or multiplayer ?
    I haven't really decided yet, but I'm leaning towards multiplayer on first release.

Here's a preview on some shields I've been working on, they're based off of this
    2422497353_a26408df1f_z.jpg
    EJ1ufGy.jpg

After some more shield patterns, I plan to work out the troop types and then start implementing them.
  7. SP Antiquity [WB] The Successors

Overview The Successors is a work in progress mod for Warband set among the many wars of Alexander's successors and their rivals. The aim is to accurately represent hellenistic warfare while creating a fun and balanced mod. Currently Featuring: Elephants, working phalanxes, the three main...
Back
Top Bottom