Search results for query: *

1. OsricFromHamlet

Bug reports

Bluehawk said:
    Russian cavalry officers don't have horses. They spawn on foot.
    That's just the "go get it yourself" standard Russian doctrine, surely? :razz:
  2. OsricFromHamlet

The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

James Grant said:
    djogloc02 said:
    Don't even know what is it. Searching...

EDIT: Oh, understand now.

I honestly think your a troll. Surely you can't be quite so stupid? We all say silly things but in the most obvious of things common sense can usually prevail...

And I think TotSK has drummers though I don't believe they actually make any sound.
    TotSK does have drummers but from all I've seen they're mostly eye candy.  Though there is something to be said for them when a group of militia-drummer-deserters wipe out your entire musket-armed force (when you outnumber them 2 for 1) :/

Only one breach-loader?  Ferguson Rifle?  Or is it some bespoke thing you can only order from the armourer?
  3. OsricFromHamlet

HUtH said:
    Oh, where's your le sens de l'humour? :smile:

L'Aigle, 1803 and METEORITES!
    Clearly dropping superheated lumps of iron on their enemies from bronze cannons wasn't radical enough for the French.  So they dispensed with the cannons and just dropped the superheated iron straight from space :razz:

EDIT:  Docm, I remember you mentioned running 1000 bots at a time without problems, just curious as to what the specs of your PC are?
  4. OsricFromHamlet

As far as I'm concerned anything other than than the weird MM "bayonet slap" is good for me (sans overhead pre NW patch 1.006, ergh).

With regards cannons; weren't there 3lber battalion guns that could be pulled by a single horse?  Would those guns be appropriate for this scale (especially since we can have more than one horse in a train :sad: )?
  5. OsricFromHamlet

FPS DROP - FIX (NVIDIA CARDS)

I'm confirming that this does work and seconding that request for a sticky.  It also solves WFaS exhibiting the same behaviour.
  6. OsricFromHamlet

mount and blade napoleonic wars low fps

WildJAMES 007 said:
    I see this is 4 days since last reply but I hope chipping in is ok, I have since the last patch encountered FPS drop issues on mostly the maps that have buildings a few examples; Champs-Elysees, European City I also seem to encounter FPS drops on fort maps aswell likely due to the amount of houses again.

My Specs;
    CPU: AMD Phenom ii x6 1035T (OC: @3.2Ghz)
    GPU: 2x Nvidia 560Ti GTX (SLI, 2Gb DDR5 VRAM), Driver: 306.23
    Ram: 4Gb Corsair Vengence Ram (OC 1630ish)

I have tried turning off SLi, lowering settings, ticking "Load Textures On Demand", Setting FPS limit to 60 yet still no improvement hope this info helps towards a fix :smile:.
    This doesn't surprise me at all.  There seems to be a serious (and unresolvable) conflict between the later Nvidia drivers (about 275+) which outright murders the frame-rate in NW (the actual abilities of your card be damned).  It doesn't seem to affect vanilla Warband fortunately but it makes NW completely unplayable for anyone with an Nvidia card who makes the mistake of updating their drivers (mostly because everything else runs better with the newer drivers.  NW is just "special").  I suggest someone at Taleworlds/FSE get on this issue right away as it's only going to become a bigger problem as more people update their drivers.  I'm not buying an ATi card just because someone's sloppy coding now disagrees with one of the two major graphics chip-sets.

Fix it devs.  Or don't expect any future purchases from me given that your game breaks with a basic driver update (which might be excusable if there were fifty different chipsets, but there aren't, there's two).
  7. OsricFromHamlet

That two factions didn't fight each other ever?

Bluehawk has it.  NW isn't like Battlefield (2, 3, 42, take your pick) in which the factions are "baked in" to the map.  Any combination of nations can be played on any map without drama.  So if your mod is to swap what factions play on what map, sorry, but the game beat you to it.

And on the off chance you're wondering which factions fought on which map historically, i.e. what battles the maps correspond to in real life, (I can't tell; your English is a bit dodge) just throw the map names into Google and look for the information that seems to fit the bill.  Obviously some are just generic and don't correspond to any battle at all ("French Farm" :neutral: I'm looking at you...).
  8. OsricFromHamlet

Dragoons are getting ridiculous.

Imperial Eagle said:
    Maroon said:
    TheBoberton said:
    Also, I dare say that a good solution to the dragoon 'problem' is something that will piss most people off;
    Give all cavalry some form of firearm, bring dragoons up to par with heavy cavalry, then drop off the accuracy of all cavalry classes.

This would do a few things;
    First, it would allow all cavalry to hold their own against dragoons, who currently have a monopoly on mounted firearms.
    Second, it would eliminate the distinction between 'normal' cavalry and dragoons, thus getting rid of what is currently a class composed entirely of compromises.
    Third, it would allow for infantry to have a more distinct advantage over cavalry in terms of firearm usage, due to all cavalry being less accurate than dragoons are now.
    Also, the reducing of accuracy would make firearms more of a weapon to be used in the charge, against massed infantry, rather than something to be used at range against single targets.

Nonononono, never! Every cav class has an officer rank with a pistol now, which is more than enough! Besides being horribly historically inaccurate, it makes all cav hit-and-run cav, including cuirassiers, who already have increased armor. And whether or not the firearm would be too inaccurate to use on single targets, people on random servers would still try to do so.

Actually, cuirassiers don't have increased armor. Their HP is just higher, which leads to unrealistic consequences (i.e. light cav swords and butterknives slashing through "armor". People should have to use the techniques of the time and either stab through the armor, or aim at unprotected areas...
    That was the case in M&M.  In NW they actually have proper armour separate from their HP.
  9. OsricFromHamlet

Latest (306.97) nVidia drivers cripple framerate

Avenge said:
    I am not sure how to fix this but be sure in the future that you look the games specs or you go type in google : Canyourunit , find your game and your specs will compare with the game specs and see if its going to lagg and stuff...
    You seem to be implying it is a hardware problem.  It's not.  Believe me when I say I know what I'm doing here...
  10. OsricFromHamlet

Suggestion: Pistol buff

Why do Officers (and I presume Sergeants and Musicians) have lower weapon proficiencies than their rank-and-file counterparts to begin with?  It seems counter intuitive since, not only do they all get the same training, but the NCOs have presumably survived long enough to get promoted and by extension should be MORE capable than the ranker straight off the boat.
  11. OsricFromHamlet

Latest (306.97) nVidia drivers cripple framerate

I'm currently running NW on a nVidia GT 240 graphics card with 1GB memory (this is NOT a laptop card just to clarify) and I'm experiencing terrible performance with the latest drivers (306.97).  Thought NW can achieve about 60FPS (my current cap) when staring into the sky if I look at anything...
  12. OsricFromHamlet

Mel Gibson owning at Mount & Blade - Napoleonic Wars

mightywolve said:
    tialexandre said:
    BetaKnight said:
    Nope its just his nature :smile:
    he's weird :sad:
    In see
    And on land, too.
  13. OsricFromHamlet

Naked?

Wouldn't the best solution be just to have the server force you to spawn with what it thinks you should have then?  Rather than nothing?
  14. OsricFromHamlet

State of Melee Part Two

Evanovic said:
    hazy said:
    I played with the upperhead when the turning speed was the same as it was in MM. I can guarantee you that if the upperhead doesn't change as well, you will see the return of spinning as a favourable approach to melee. Of course the other problems will be fixed but you bring the old problems back, I guess it is just a matter as to which is the most tolerable flaw.

The main suggestion has always been an increase to a midpoint between MM turning speed and current NW speed. This, in conjunction with reducing the length of the bayonets more and the slow down of the overhead animation that the devs are now planning should fix a lot of problems without bringing back the constant 360 spinning.
    That sounds like a reasonable solution.  The instant up-stab is, in particular, a real bugbear for me; it should take more than half a second (and some effort) to hoist a musket above your head for goodness sake!
  15. OsricFromHamlet

Naked?

I was under the impression if you see a naked person running around they have an outdated version.
    Though that is one of the circumstances where a player can appear naked, the player is kicked almost instantly by the server for a version mismatch.  I do believe what Tromez refers to is where a player was naked and able to play completely unhindered (which I have also seen on occasion).  As to what causes it I can only speculate.  It can't be a texture tweak because all of that is client side so I can only presume the offender spoofs the server and somehow tricks it into marking that player as naked and thus causing the client side to display them as such.
  16. OsricFromHamlet

Grenadiers have grenades in NW?

Well you need something to light the firewood you collected with your Sabre Briquet :razz:
  17. OsricFromHamlet

Lets Discuss: The Apparent Issues with NW

Well if the only change is the athletics skill (relative to MM) I can't say I agree with it.  Everything just feels so slow now (so charging and cavalry are less effective)...
  18. OsricFromHamlet

Cavalry is getting annoying

I just wish they'd interfere with a bump not a stab.  The number of times I've been lanced by a friendly...
  19. OsricFromHamlet

Cavalry is getting annoying

The biggest problem I have when playing cavalry is defending my horse.  Ignoring the fact that horses seem to die more easily than men to musket fire (I've had my horse killed at distances where an infantryman would survive...) despite being hardier beasts (this is most irritating on the charge when someone presents his musket at you and "duck and weave" isn't really an option when you are that big a target) is all those incidences when an infantryman stabs at me, I block and deflect the bayonet, only to have him stab my horse (sometimes in the same strike).  In response to this I'd advocate giving cavalrymen larger "block zones" in order to better defend their horses. 

Let's face it; a real horse isn't just going to stand there and let you stab it with a large knife like a M&B horse (or even menace it for that matter), its going to move and then kick you.  Since M&B horses don't have that sort of AI (or any AI at all, for that matter, apart from running away at the worst possible moment) we need to find work-arounds to simulate this sort of behaviour.  If we allow the rider of a horse to block everything within a 270 degree zone of where he is facing (including ahead of the horse's head) provided he blocks in the right direction we can simulate the horse moving to avoid blows aimed at it (using its superior cone of vision).  At the same time cavalry will still be vulnerable to being  stabbed in the back where neither the rider nor the horse can see (aka when surrounded by multiple infantry) and the skill required to play them effectively will still be sufficiently high (you still have to be capable of blocking).

Also blocking a bayonet up-stab from horseback looks and feels retarded...
  20. OsricFromHamlet

Add a loading debuff when crouched?

You're always told not to crouch while firing in a line.  Why? The current reason seems to be for immersion's sake and immersion's sake alone (and to weed out the cowards for a good kicking) as currently crouching has no disadvantages as compared to standing up.  Considering that fighting...
Back
Top Bottom