Search results for query: *

1. scrdest

B Fantasy Chronicles of Might and Magic[0.6 released July 1'st 2016]

Johrnarlor said:
    Ceiling Cat said:
    Nice mod. Everything is smooth so far but I have bugs to report. The town's locations are screwed up. Nothing is correctly labeled. I have this quest to rescue some guy in Colony Zod, but the Prison Guard was standing in front of the Arena while inside the prison there is only one door, which leads to the castle.

Yes, there are no prisons sadly. The mod authors don't speak English too well so they probably thought arena was the prison.
    Arena is a, well, arena in Polish. Not much room to make that mistake. It's probably just a plain ol' mistake with the mapping or whatever, I don't know how entry points are placed in M&B.
  2. scrdest

vertinox said:
    How do you become a liche and raise undead?
    AFAIK you just have to start the game as a skeltal or buy one of the helmets that give you skeleton-face.

You can raise undead as any hero (at least any with magic, I don't know if pure Might ones get it) through the spellbook, the Resurrection icon one.
  3. scrdest

I've become really impressed with this mod when I realized that the Devils actually teleport. It's not just some kind of animation, maybe with a stat boost, it's a literal teleport, they can even get into places unreachable by foot like inside the Imp Cache.

Also, vampires are a really interesting unit tactically. They have all the mobility of a cavalry unit and then some, but are on foot and don't get the benefits of an out-and-out charge. I like to split them into another unit group and use them as something like Light Cavalry, for harrassment and picking off archers.

Dobra robota panowie! :razz:
  4. scrdest

The Skin Poppet - Suggestions

Adding them, as in splitting them off from just being a function of the armor you get for them?

i.e. demons could wear a hat and still look like demons, not humans in a red bodysuit.
  5. scrdest

Sonnet Silence meaning?

My personal take:

First four lines pretty much set the stage; there are some 'things' of dual nature, spiritual and material - not specifically a human body being flesh and spirit, but it's one way to read it - or perhaps, an example of such things. Dual life, and twin - those are at least to some degree discrete but joined together.

"There is a two-fold Silence — sea and shore —
    Body and soul. (...)"

This refers to the titular Silence - it's a thing of such dual nature. Sea and shore is an analogy for its dual but inseparable kind of nature.

(...) One dwells in lonely places,"

Thus Poe begins to talk about one of the two natures of Silence - corporeal, as evidenced later.

"Newly with grass o’ergrown; some solemn graces,
    Some human memories and tearful lore,
    Render him terrorless: his name’s “No More.”
    He is the corporate Silence: dread him not!
    No power hath he of evil in himself;"

What's established here is that the material, corporeal Silence - "No More", is harmless on its own.

The name, combined by the memories and tearful lore making it terrorless imply that what it is is rather straightforward - loss, death, bodily destruction, or otherwise material cessation, especially if you think what kinds of lonely places are freshly overgrown with grass - but stories and memories of that which was but is no more persist; kind of a 'a man is not dead while his name is repeated' sentiment, it seems to me.

"But should some urgent fate (untimely lot!)
    Bring thee to meet his shadow (nameless elf,
    That haunteth the lone regions where hath trod
    No foot of man,) commend thyself to God!"

Now this is talking about the other silence - the shadow (or, y'know, shade) to the solid of the former, the spiritual Silence. It has no name, since it dwells beyond the reach of normal humans, in the realm of the incorporeal.

And it's some scary **** - thus, commend thyself to God - as, by analogy, where something being lost bodily is destroyed, something lost in spirit is forgotten - that doesn't seem like the most obvious pick, but it is consistent with the earlier part - that being gone is not a bad fate if you are remembered ("No power hath he of evil in himself" - in himself, not just "No power hath he of evil"), but if you're dead and forgotten... well, then you truly are No More.
  6. scrdest

The Bezoar Amulet - Progress Report Thread

N0ught said:
    Decided to scrap the idea of weeding humans from other troops for prisoner sacrifice - too much would be involved. The dogma I am going to go with will simply be that even demons and shadow creatures have an anatomy similar enough for dismembering.
    Won't that result in some silliness with, say, Hawks and such?
  7. scrdest

Recruiting Lamia

Psychopompos said:
    How to recruit Lamia?
    I played the mod several years ago, and I remember that you could avoid being eaten (and then, avoid a Game Over) by giving her human flesh, but it doesn't seem to work now. Other body parts doesn't work, The Bloodfountain doesn't give any usable clue.
    I tried giving her any human parts after being lvl 25, it still doesn't work.
    IIRC you need both Flesh AND Blood.
  8. scrdest

Questions,questions.

EternalWinter said:
    Thanks a lot, and new version excitedly waiting :twisted:
    I have one last question, mercenary crossbowmen how transform assassin ?
    Unless something was changed from the previous release in that regard:

• Buy Cartridges (Pistol Ammo things) in cities
    • Open Party Screen
    • Click Talk with Merc. Xbowmen selected
    • You should have 'upgrade to Assassin' dialogue option.
  9. scrdest

N0ught said:
    *~ Added level requirements for Necromancy Rank and Piety Level. The first upgrade for both have no requirements, and the next three tier requirements are 4, 14, and 19.
    That... kinda sounds like enforcing grind, to be honest, and not terribly fun. Necromancy ranks already require a decent investment of resources for the higher-level recipes. Hunting bandits to get that one last goddamn level for the rank, that kinda stuff.
  10. scrdest

Who are the Slayers?

N0ught said:
    iVCpwgq.jpg

:lol:

In all seriousness though, they are partly a reference to the Van Helsing movie - not to be confused with the extremely different and still awesome TV series of the same name, or the animated movie by the same name. The Malleus Maleficarum, in all its propagandized glory, makes it's debut, via the True Apothecary, who is more or less their leader - which is deliciously hypocritical, for even though he has taken care to imprison himself and use his powers only for the betterment of man, he is a Lich himself. But perhaps, being the original doctor, he might have used only natural victims of death to learn necromancy? Hippocrates is grey at best, gallivanting as white...

Ohhhhh don't it make his red eyes bluuuuuuuue... :party:

zHYjbot.jpg

This persecution of women also can be said to be responsible for the new trade of Slave Girls, and the rise in Courtesan activities... no such thing as bad publicity, for certain facets of the market.

Also, in the next version, when parties of Slayers appear, parties of Alchemists also appear. Once, these two groups were united as the puritan Brotherhood of Abel... a new cult driven to eradicate wickedness from Calradia. But the upstarts cornered Lamia with their entire force, and she eradicated them all (this is one of the stories told by the new Quick Battles). Since then, strife among them, as to how to reconstruct the Brotherhood, has instead led to their ultimate division. I have considered adding some storylines where a character can try to rekindle the Brotherhood, and wind up with parties composed half-and-half of Slayers and Alchemists. Probably for the next version.
    Oh dear. Oh dear. Now that's an enticing gameplay prospect. Never thought I'd be anticipating an option to play as the nominal good guys in something that allows you to pick a side...

I suspect section II is summoning armor, isn't it? Gotta get those swanky hats.
  11. scrdest

@RtR

Honestly, that as a system feels rather... gratuitous to me. It feels like bad-Nineties-comic grimdark sake in the context of the theme of the mod. This is, after all, largely a world shaped by Poe in-universe; women are something to die and leave you heartbroken and whores are an offscreen nondescript humanoid lifeform with whom drunken degenerates traffic.

Untitled. said:
    This brings to mind another important question.
    Why don't we get to spread STDs around? Ah, I suppose rats'll do...
    If this makes you feel better, the mode of infection from the rats is unspecified :razz:
  12. scrdest

The Book of Thoth - Poll: What do you use?

Definitely Tarot. The writeups are just in the right spot of the vagueness-specificity scale to make them feel uncannily accurate.
  13. scrdest

Speaking of shortcuts - buttons to go back a page in Necronomicon, pretty please with an Infinity Stone on top?
  14. scrdest

beornotbe said:
    If there could be a path... Where you go against both all mortal factions and the evil faction as antihero then become God  in the end as retirement would be super epic.
    For some reasons I just really don't want to bent my knees to beings like the blood fountain...  They seems so confident as if there is no more threat or fear to them. If there is a way to let the blood fountain thing die other than giving it the infinity stone I would happily try it out.
    I feel like 'become God' is a bit too... power fantasy for the mood of the mod, but otherwise I agree. It does stand to reason that with the Infinity Stone, knowledge of all necromantic lore, the entire realm beneath your feet and the literal creator of the world on your side you could flip the raven on the Bloodfountain and tell it you feel quite confident you can rule alone. You can already sorta do it by beating up every single faction, then summoning the Evil faction and beating them up as well.

The main issue plotwise is the Bloodfountain's ability to instakill you in the first dialogue, so it's a matter of whether a Deathlichghostpirewolfhoul with an Infinity Stone is a bad enough dude to withstand it.
  15. scrdest

Untitled. said:
    scrdest said:
    This really should be in Suggestions, but since you've shown off a new gun... is there any way to edit bullet physics? I've started as an Assassin but quickly relegated firing flintlocks to AI since the bullet drop feels extremely awkwardly fast for what should be a firearm. I know all those modern gun mods like 1866 do it somehow.

Might not be an issue with the high-end guns, but I went the Bad Guy route for that run.
    Adjusting the drop rate of projectiles should be a fairly simple process. Although if N0ught uses firearms to 'replace' crossbows it means firearms and crossbows will have the same drop rate.
    Of course, it's been years since I last went over this and it might all be bull****.

Anyway, the modders are a helpful bunch. I'm sure you could ask for some guidelines and modify the detail yourself. :smile:
    That's... actually a good point. That was the intention, actually, to know if that's stored at mod source code level or is it just read on runtime from an .ini or something.
  16. scrdest

N0ught said:
    ~ Then Blood Catalyst experiments for University Student characters who are Vampires, Werewolves, or Ghouls. Thought we needed something a bit Dr. Frankenstein-like. :twisted:
    Holy crap, yes! One of my first playthroughs of S&S several releases ago was RPing that kinda char with Patchworks and a mountain castle, dis gon be gud.
  17. scrdest

N0ught said:
    I actually really enjoy the firearms physics as they are. I can use a flintlock pistol and pull off close-to-mid-range, mount-to-mount headshots with about 75% accuracy, once I get my skill up a bit. And the flintlocks are, of course, very inaccurate compared to the other firearms in the game. This is actually historically factual, as such guns were mostly used for duels, and therefore, were grossly inaccurate to prevent the two hotheaded, often young primaries from actually killing each other...
    I agree on the accuracy, it just feels odd to have them drop about as much as crossbow bolts considering they are small metal balls propelled by an explosion. Maybe I'm just more used to the other mods' physics.
  18. scrdest

This really should be in Suggestions, but since you've shown off a new gun... is there any way to edit bullet physics? I've started as an Assassin but quickly relegated firing flintlocks to AI since the bullet drop feels extremely awkwardly fast for what should be a firearm. I know all those modern gun mods like 1866 do it somehow.

Might not be an issue with the high-end guns, but I went the Bad Guy route for that run.
  19. scrdest

Fridge Logic - Creating Shock Troops

Gappydave said:
    I've thought about this and Lamia wouldn't exactly want to risk her eating her own children again.
    Any vampires she gives her blood to would be her children and it would be too risky in her mind to have any more.
    Can't risk getting too attached to them.
    Yeah, I don't mind Lamia (and probably Crossbones, too, I guess) having an issue. What, upon reflection, seems weird is that you, the PC, cannot do it yourself once you get the appropriate transformation aside from it being horribly game-breaking (although with a good troop of Destroyers, you can easily farm the shock troops anyway).

It's just a minor plot hole that I realized in a random 'Wait a second...' moment; that said, it could maybe be neat if you COULD do so, but Lamia/Crossbones could create full-strength troops thanks to their 'primacy', whereas your spawn would take a jillion levels to power up - so you'd need to use a high-level troop, de-power it a'la Infected Men/Women, then sloooooowly train them back to full-on shock troops.
Back
Top Bottom