B Fantasy Chronicles of Might and Magic[0.6 released July 1'st 2016]

Users who are viewing this thread

Dankmar said:
-Magic
Lowering the amount of mana the player has would be a good start. 10 per skillpoint sounds good for me.
Another idea that i had would be implementing an cooldown. 10 seconds for low stuff like heal, 30 for necromancie and stuff like the blizard and 1 minute for high end stuff like the fireball and firewall, just so you cant spam them.

-Shields
The main problem i see with them is, whit troops like daemons and golems. Shields could look a little bit odd on them if you ask me.
For the rest, it should be quite easy, for inspiration i would recommend this.

And what about invisible shields? So it looks like they don't have shields but actually they do. Just like the invisible weapons they use.

I've become really impressed with this mod when I realized that the Devils actually teleport. It's not just some kind of animation, maybe with a stat boost, it's a literal teleport, they can even get into places unreachable by foot like inside the Imp Cache.

Also, vampires are a really interesting unit tactically. They have all the mobility of a cavalry unit and then some, but are on foot and don't get the benefits of an out-and-out charge. I like to split them into another unit group and use them as something like Light Cavalry, for harrassment and picking off archers.

Dobra robota panowie! :razz:

Hi, I would agree with what's has been said about singleplayer balance, and there's also a big problem with multiplayer: creatures such as unicorns (mount but without riders) seems to be unable to kill, but they can hurt and kill others like nothing to do, so this bug ruins online fighting totally :cry:

vertinox said:
How do you become a liche and raise undead?
AFAIK you just have to start the game as a skeltal or buy one of the helmets that give you skeleton-face.

You can raise undead as any hero (at least any with magic, I don't know if pure Might ones get it) through the spellbook, the Resurrection icon one.

Johrnarlor said:
- Archers: Like Dankmar already stated, archers are killing machines so more shields are a must.
Even in Heroes III archers ARE killing machines. The difference is that they are the first to get hit (by flyers or other archers). Maybe lowering just a little ranged damage would do. Regarding shields, hmm... they're not in the original game except for Skeleton Warriors, Crusaders and Champions. Skeletons, Zombies, Wights, Liches, Air Elementals, Fire Elementals might be scripted to receive less damage from ranged attacks (which is more logical for skeletal / certain undead troops and Air Elementals). Other units (right now I can think of dwarves, swordsmen, skeletons, gnolls, troglodytes and goblins) may be made so that they do not have "guaranteed" shield, so some troops have and some troops don't (randomly).

Johrnarlor said:
- Magic: magic becomes too much of a normal weapon. It should be something you use strategically. As for now, i can just melt entire armies and dragon utopias with dragons + castle to the ground. The spells are ok. It's not the effect they have what bothers me, rather the amount of times you can use them. I have **** loads of mana and i don't even get to use half of them in a battle. I don't know how the amount of mana you have is calculated but it's too much. I would rather go for the amount of Intelligence you have X 10. Just like in the original game.
So if you have 6 intelligence, you have 60 mana points.
Regarding the Intelligence * 10 formula, I agree. As for magic, that certainly needs some work. Mage characters need to balance somehow their performance in combat. Therefore, I would suggest a change in the current system. The current system tries to be as loyal as possible to the original Heroes 3 magic system but that is designed for a Turn-Based Strategy game not for a Role Playing one. Therefore, I was thinking of something more like in "The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod". The Spellbook is a weapon (just like the "One Power"), but unlike "The Gathering Storm" you select the spell you want to cast via the Heroes III-like book menu not cycling continuously. Also I would suggest that somehow the Magic Arrow be altered in order to become the standard weapon for a Magic Hero-

Johrnarlor said:
- Growing strong: becoming strong is really easy. Just buy some troops and go clear your first dungeons and soon you'll have an army of archers, loads of gold and lots of skill and you're ready to get some dragons. I also noticed that you start already with a considerable amount of skills. Perhaps let the player start even weaker then in vanilla? With all mains skills on 1? And if you are a mage you'll have 4 intelligence, and if you are a warrior you start with 4 strength. Something like that.

Johrnarlor said:
- Dungeons: I really feel like there are too many dungeons on the map. It's full with them. Instead of having a lot of them on the map already when you start, perhaps start with NO dungeons and on the end of every day 3 are added. And instead of being removed after 30 days, lower it to 20 days or so. Otherwise it's too filled.
I do not agree on the first point (that they spawn after 3 days), but yes, less dungeons in the map would certainly be good.

I doubt the devs will read/listen to anything people write here, sadly only because their english doesn't seem to be the best and I doubt they'd understand :/

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Johrnarlor said:
- Dungeons: I really feel like there are too many dungeons on the map. It's full with them. Instead of having a lot of them on the map already when you start, perhaps start with NO dungeons and on the end of every day 3 are added. And instead of being removed after 30 days, lower it to 20 days or so. Otherwise it's too filled.
I do not agree on the first point (that they spawn after 3 days), but yes, less dungeons in the map would certainly be good.

I didn't say that. Every day, 3 random places are spawned. That's how it is in the current version. The problem is however, that there are already a lot of dungeons on the map when you start playing. So instead I would start with a map without dungeons and then follow the normal routine of three new random dungeons every day. Also, dungeons are supposed to dissapear after 30 ingame days. Well, they don't.

welp, cant seem to cast any spells at all.

I have opened the book via B, tried to cast via mouse click, didnt work. Tried casting with the book open via B+ 1-9 and only got formation commands coming up. Tried casting with the book open with CTRL 1-9, CTRL+B+1-9, book closed and B+1-9 and CTRL+B+1-9...not a single thing happens. Cannot get past the opening where I have to cast heal on myself.

Did a search and couldnt find anyone having this issue, nor ideas on another way to cast other than the help page on modbb.

adrakken said:
welp, cant seem to cast any spells at all.

I have opened the book via B, tried to cast via mouse click, didnt work. Tried casting with the book open via B+ 1-9 and only got formation commands coming up. Tried casting with the book open with CTRL 1-9, CTRL+B+1-9, book closed and B+1-9 and CTRL+B+1-9...not a single thing happens. Cannot get past the opening where I have to cast heal on myself.

Did a search and couldnt find anyone having this issue, nor ideas on another way to cast other than the help page on modbb.
You are talking about the tutorial? the intro?
I think you can only cast the healing spell which is the blue potion to the right
Keep in mind your mana, most of spells cost 20, with magic bolt being the cheapest at 5

Tovias said:
I think you can only cast the healing spell which is the blue potion to the right
Keep in mind your mana, most of spells cost 20, with magic bolt being the cheapest at 5

Yes in the tutorial, and not one single spell will fire with any of the button combos I use, not even the blue potion one. I have 15 mana.

adrakken said:
Tovias said:

Yes in the tutorial, and not one single spell will fire with any of the button combos I use, not even the blue potion one. I have 15 mana.
Don't use button combos, I don't think they work on SP
Just open the book and click the potion when you are asked to, if that didn't worked then I am out of ideas lad

LazySteve said:
I doubt the devs will read/listen to anything people write here, sadly only because their english doesn't seem to be the best and I doubt they'd understand :/
hmm, Poland maybe is eastern european, but belive me, they have Google translate as well  :cool:

Very impressed, downloaded last night and I am really enjoying it, good fun and very well written.

Many thanks for this and keep up the good work, looks like a winner  :party:

Back
Top Bottom