Search results for query: *

1. Lord Sami

A quick question

Alright. Well, thanks for the quick response.
  2. Lord Sami

A quick question

Hi there! Been a while since I visited the forums, let alone posted anything, so I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place for this... Anyway, I've just got a quick question about Warband; does being a beta tester give one the right to get the current/full version of the game for free, or...
  3. Lord Sami

pistols what are theyfor?

I think some of the cavalry units use pistols, so technically you can arm your soldiers with them. Though whether they actually use the pistols is determined by your faction and randomness. ie. they may just as well use SMGs or carbines.
  4. Lord Sami

Music?

Hey, just downloaded this mod, and so I far I like what I'm seeing. My question, to which I didn't find an answer after looking around a bit, is: what new music is used in the mod? I love the new songs, and was curious as to whether anyone knows any names.
  5. Lord Sami

Tihr

nilloc93 said:
    wow surgury skill at level 10 or somthing sami?

At least. I don't remember if you can develop it further in this mod, but surgery is usually the first thing I max out.
  6. Lord Sami

Tihr

I captured it yesterday. I had 200 8RA Veteran Machinegunners and 30 8R Veterans (riflemen). I had to keep sniping those damn grenadiers and machinegunners, and personally go wreak some havoc with my ZB26, and I still lost 80 MGunners (10 dead).
  7. Lord Sami

Tihr

I haven't really gotten to the world conquering part in my game yet, but since I own Sargoth, I might as well try taking Tihr next. I have about 200 8RA Veteran Machinegunners, 170 8RA Veterans and 200 8RA Veteran Cavalry, so the attempt should be at least interesting. I'll inform my results once I actually get to it.
  8. Lord Sami

Praise and Suggestions

Thank You!  :grin:
  9. Lord Sami

Praise and Suggestions

olliewilliams01 said:
    sweeeet, now i can buy rusty cracked muskets to give to my riflemen

That reminds me. When trying to arm machinegunners (8RA), for some reason they won't accept rusty ZB26s. Everything else goes, like a cracked ZB26, a balanced ZB26. Only the rusty one seems broken. Perhaps a bug? Or do they just have something against rust?

*slaps forehead*

I just realized while writing this: Why do my mechanics produce rusty weapons in the first place?  :???:
    I mean, I'm paying those guys to build new weapons, aren't I?

Oh, and finally a sugestion of my own: Allow players to choose what kind of bullets their craftsmen/mechanics produce. It shouldn't be too unrealistic for the lord of the town to command his men to make magazines instead of regular bullets. You should probably have to pay a little extra for better bullets, but I think it'd be worth it. The reason I bring this up is because when I was producing ammunitions in hopes for getting magazines for my machinegunners, I would only get maybe 8 magazines for every 50 other bullet types. Incredibly frustrating and time consuming.
  10. Lord Sami

Best way of getting fiefs / joining a faction

Well, no matter what WB decides, there is still a lot of work to be done when it comes to villages, IMHO. For example, the fact that I have over a hundred well trained troops stationed in my village, Ruluns if my memory serves me, doesn't seem to stop forest bandits and mountain bandits constantly taking it over without any resistance. I have to personally keep wiping them out every now and again...

And another funny thing is, that when I arrive in the bandit infested village, I can't access the troops I earlier stationed there. Luckily I now have a large force stationed in my town Sargoth, so bandits aren't much of a problem, but none the less, this migth be something you'd want to look into in future versions WB.
  11. Lord Sami

Best way of getting fiefs / joining a faction

olliewilliams01 said:
    ok cool, thats just so hard to do without the faction spacific troops. at least for me.

one other question. i'm sure i should have stumbled accross this answer by now, but is there any way to conquer villages in this version? i read somewhere you can station troops there so i was just wondering if that meant you could conquer them to.

No, you can't conquer villages. Every villages belongs to either a castle or a town, so when you conquer one of those, the villages attached to it are also captured to your faction. If you are not a member of any faction and go on to take a town/castle, you immediately gain ownership of it and all the villages attached to it. If you then join a faction, you are allowed to keep all of them: towns, castles, villages, everything you conquered before becoming a vassal.

However, if you are already a member of a faction and conquer a town/castle, you are only able to request ownership of the fief you conquered, not the villages attached to it. If your king decides to give you the castle or town, all the villages will be given to other lords. If, however, your king decides not to give it to you, he may instead offer you another village in return.

LS
  12. Lord Sami

Troop Ranking?

It must be because you are a POOR leader, and your men have NO FAITH in you! Muahahaaaa!!!!!
  13. Lord Sami

X

Actually, with the current AI, the best your troops can do is start running towards enemy commanders. You should probably only use it when you have melee troops.
  14. Lord Sami

Guys, I need some advice (Regarding Puppet & Manchurian Regimes)

Oh, I see. That explains a lot of things. Haven't really been paying attention to the smaller things...
  15. Lord Sami

By the way, cdvader, when you recruit new troops, do you only do so in 8RA owned towns and villages? I ask this because in my own game (as an 8RA member) I noticed that I can get ridicilous amounts of troops from everywhere else. I went around in my ally owned towns, and after visiting maybe 8 places I had a total of 200 recruits, footmen and even trained footmen. I don't remeber ever getting more than a handfull of troops from any 8RA town, so it strikes me as a bit odd that I can get many times more from other factions' towns...
  16. Lord Sami

Troop Ranking?

I think you can improve it by imposing a curfew. You do this by garrisoning an officer or a general in your fief and then talking to them in the menu.

I also believe that the wealthier the fief, the better the PO. I can't say for sure, but since my town's wealth is 99 and PO topped at 102, I'd quess there must be a connection. So, try making your fief wealthier.
  17. Lord Sami

Why can't I join the puppets?

DragonSlayer, if you want this topic closed, LOCK IT! It's your thread, you can do it whenever you like, can't you?

I really don't want to comment on this conversation, much less take sides with anyone. And while I respect the modders choice to do whatever he wants with his own mod, and thus mean no disrespect towards him, as a gamer I would be pleased if someone figured a way to remove the Japanese-blocker and PM it to me.

Again, I ask this purely out of my own interests. If I at some point grow tired of playing as the Chinese, and wish to experiment on other faction, is that not a right I posses? To modify my own version of this game, which I own, to my liking? I play this game because it's fun, not out of political conviction.
  18. Lord Sami

Yes, the most logical course of action in a situation like this would be to go into offensive mode. You said that you had little trouble taking an enemy town, right? So, take all the men you can spare and capture all the surrounding castles/towns. It would probably be best if your allies and not yourself get ownership of those fiefs, so you have time to regroup and reorganize a proper defence.

I managed to take a Japanese town in my own game, but the king refused to give it to me... Guess I'll have to give it another try once I've got enough reknown, since I can't wait to be defending my own town!

PS. I recommend using machinegunners and grenadiers as your primary siege defenders. Those guys are absolute killers.
  19. Lord Sami

Upgrading troops

On that note, what the hell do pioneers actually do? I have 2 8RA Sappers(?), and no idea what to do with them...

EDIT: Ok, I read the FAQ section a bit, and found these two things:

1. "Pioneers: for now they can do nothing but fighting. In the future version they can build defense and lay mines"

2. "If you are do not belong to any faction or you have your own faction, your pioneers are craftsman and mechanics."

Now, about that second one: doesn't work in my game. I garrisoned two pioneers, or "Sappers" as they seem to be called, in my village, and my armory still appeard to have no craftsmen or pioneers, so I couldn't produce any weapons. Any idea why this is happening?

20. Lord Sami

Who do you Support?

In my first and so far only game I joined 8RA. Simply because they seemed to have the most fiefs, and I really didn't know what kind of troops other factions had. And because I can't join the Japanese...
Back
Top Bottom