Search results for query: *

1. Bannerlord & Linux Discussion

As of today, Bannerlord supports BattlEye in Proton. So Linux MP should be a go now (or well, with whatever patch ends up having that change roll out in -- not sure if the enablement is server side or client side).

2. Bannerlord & Linux Discussion

Valve has said they are working with the devs to get both BattlEye and EAC available for Linux and Proton/Wine.

In fact, Epic just released EAC support support for Linux and Mac today.

Edit: https://www.theverge.com/2021/9/23/22690670/epic-eac-anti-cheat-linux-valve-steam-deck-support-games

BattlEye is coming shortly.
  3. Bannerlord & Linux Discussion

Looks like MP might be on the menu soon -- https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/steamdeck/faq

My game uses anti-cheat, which currently doesn’t work with Proton - how do I get around this for Steam Deck?
    We’re working with BattlEye and EAC to get support for Proton ahead of launch.
  4. Wasn't the refactor supposed to speed up development?

Game companies don't have to do only one thing. In fact, branching off into a different genre with your proven tech can be a wildly succesful venture. There's nothing bad about it. In fact it can generate news that will draw attention to them for it, and as its been said, "No publicity is bad publicity"

Actually, not so surprising. Right now BL is doing three things: Cleaning code/bugs, using the current code to add features (quests and interactions), and adding in art (new towns/villages/castles).

That actually doesn't require a huge team to do, especially with the proper tools. So it's a perfect time to take all the people who developed the engine and game structure in the first place and shift them over to a new project, especially if it's a project that will require may parts to go to square 1 in development, which a sci-fi themed game would require. No matter how good their underlyign system is, sci-fi will requrie specific tailoring to make it work.

Except their engine is already outdated. It needs a DX12/Vulkan backend if they really want to get the performance for big battles.

DX11 performs terribly on AMD hardware, and if they plan on a console release like they've been hinting at, they are going to need to fix that.
  5. Resolved Cliffs of Akkalat Glitch Spot

I accidentally found a small glitch spot on this new map that could be used to completely hide a player for glitching. It is not a spot that would cause any crashing though. I'm not posting the location for obvious reasons, but I'd be happy to private message a dev or show them.
  6. I'm tired 90+ ping

Just get NVIDA GEFORCE cloud gaming for $5 a month and select the northeast (US) server. You will get 1-2 ping and make everyone jealous.

While it looks like you live in the server, you'd still have all the actual latency to your PC anyway. It just wouldn't show up in the scoreboard.
  7. MP Please change the light and heavy archer icons to something more distinguishable from each other

The only difference between the two icons is what seems like a slight bolding of the icon on the heavy archers. And once they lose their square aspect ratio for the team icons in captain/skirmish, you can't tell the differences anymore without looking at the scoreboard to look at troop counts...
  8. Stop Raging At Clans For Playing In Groups - They Aren't The Problem

It's not that hard to protect new players -- act on the in game reports. When the SAME toxic players are always there ruining games, it makes no one want to play.
  9. Punish "Deserter" Captains? Addressing lone wolfing in multiplayer.

I'd be plenty happy if they just took the bots and make they stay somewhat by you, even when charging. The number of times I run up to a enemy unit and hit charge only to find out my whole unit turned around and ran somewhere else (usually breaking into 2-3 groups) leaving me alone is too high.

There should be a new formation command that lets them spread out and fight as the AI decides, but keeps them still as a unit within some soft-edged radius around you. The farther they get from your, the more likely they are to leave a fight and come back by you. "Charge" right now is basically "do whatever you want". A real life unit wouldn't fight like that.
  10. Resolved Region Filter Broken

I'm having the same problem on 1.4.3. It seemed to work earlier on 8-19, even though pings were like 20ms higher than normal. And now it's all EU servers even with NA region.

But there is also not a lot of NA players on at the moment, so maybe it's just kicking us over to EU to get a match?
  11. Resolved [1.4.1] Ending a faction as your own kingdom doesn't give you their fiefs.

ok, I uploaded one without a descriptions before I read your comment (I thought I was linking the uploads to here).

I've reuploaded the file. I will also upload a few earlier save states from the same playthrough. (First one with the duplicate is my final save game state, one is with about 2/3 of the lords dead, and one just before I left Vlandia to start my own kingdom).

I started the playthrough on Day 0 and kept it through all updates so far, so who knows what cruft is in there from that. I never the initial kingoms overruning problem ( in fact, I seemed to have the opposite problem where they never really did much). I also never had any save game crashes.
  12. Resolved [1.4.1] Ending a faction as your own kingdom doesn't give you their fiefs.

I have been doing a playthrough where I just kill all the enemy lords when I capture them to prevent them spawning again. When I was part of Vlandia and would end a faction, all the remaining land would go to Vlandia when the last noble was killed. Then I left and formed my own kingdom, and...
  13. Captain mode - civil war ( same faction on both sides )

I personally think they are the best fights because it removes all the faction benefits/drawbacks and drops it back to the skill and strategy of the players.

I'd rather any civil war than Sturgia v Battania which is 99% of the time a guaranteed Sturgia win.

The only draw back is that many of the units look the same with almost zero color differentiation so that you end up killing your own team too often, especially in a melee pile.
  14. Vote to kick system needed

While I agree, if someone is afk, just kill the human player and the unit will at least charge rather than standing there. It's not a great help, but it's better than nothing.
  15. Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine

Hopefully adding a DX12/Vulkan backend for the engine is in the plans somewhere.

A lot of performance for modern systems (esp. on AMD GPU) is being left on the table by being stuck at DX11. Not to mention Vulkan would help with any cross platform plans.
  16. Will the Banner editor get an upgrade at some point?

AFAIK, there was no banner editor in the closed beta. It was MP only which has no banners.

Unless mr_nifty was in some internal test group.
  17. Homophobic remarks and TK'ing

Yeah, I've notice a large uptick in the last week or so of abusive language.

You want to trash talk, fine. Whatever, it's a competitive thing. Make fun of them for picking cav on the Rome map. Make fun of them for leaving a shield wall up while charging. But find a way without resorting to slurs. it doesn't make you edgy, it makes you a bigot.

Gaming should be fun for everyone.
  18. Random hard shut down during game play

I'd also check your thermals. That kind of shutdown can happen if the CPU or GPU is massively overheating.

And if you are playing with the voltage levels (like undervolting), that can be part of it.
  19. Crossbow price/availability

With 1.0.4, the base crossbow went up to 41k.

Still can't equip it, but they really don't want you buying it now.
  20. Is there ability to edit the character name or banner choices?

One a side note, don't hand edit your save files. It messed up the game ability to load any saves as of e1.0.2.
Back
Top Bottom