Search results for query: *

1. Ritter_Ronald

Final Final version of 1257ad

well 4.) will become irrelevant very quickly when you proceed in the game, because if you are a merc you don't earn your income through wages my friend !

You use your merc status to do the following:

0.) (Also Before becoming a merc) u recruit all merc companions and build a nice "Gard"-unit - so anything less than 35 bandits won't harm u anymore - so that you can

1.) raid enemy caravans - easy target for even the smallest merc group (nice items they drop, which u sell for 2-3.000 denars)

2.) Plunder enemy villages (if u so desire) ! It will make you rich  (allways gets you at least 3-5.000 denars) and most times there is allways at least 1 village rdy for plundering :wink:

3.) no matter who you fight - pick up every glaive, sword and take every warhorse if u got the chance - because of this mechanic (if u don't know it, it's a 1257ad feature);
    You can easily pick 2,3 valuable items from the battlefield you can then keep, whilst keeping your original gear also - means the items (only when picked up - before battle-end!!!)
    will then appear in your inventory - this way you can find nice swords and horses for you and your companions without spending 150.000 denars
    And if you geared yourself up -then just sell that stuff and get rich !

4.) If you are powerfull enough (70-120 man) try to fight weakened enemy lords ! - you will get renown, much experience, can capture the lord, what bigger parties of your side wouldnt be able to, because to slow etc. -> weakens enemy because it freezes a lord + a bunch of thousand for you as ransom !

From there on you won't have any problem to get more and more wealthy, of course you have to win the battles you pick and so on ... :wink:

Well become a merc is somehow the easiest way in this game to get rich very fast - for example in my actual game (like, 2,3 revisions old, don't know exactly)  i made 430.000denars in the first 50days of a complete new game :smile:

So my point is - wages (about 3k a week) don't count after the first 2 weeks imo. And ingame financial mechanics are fine I think. Because if you are settled and maybe have your own kingdom you will find it very much harder to finance your kingdom, because you can't just always raid villages in war, most times you have to fight !
    So a mercenary maybe even richer than a king in 1257 ad ^^ ? (only got a kingdom in the old 0.97beta :wink:
  2. Ritter_Ronald

1257ad future

:shock: :sad: :grin:

... don't know what to say, it's quite a melancholic feeling.
    Like when a big star or a beloved leader or whatever important person or an artist retires
    and everyone is sad about that, but in the same moment so satisfied by and thankful for the work that has been done.

I give you all, who anticipated in this mod big respect, thank you, just thank you for so many atmospheric
    hours of joyful gameplay !

I don't think the mod is "dead" now, no I don't, Also don't know what the future will bring - We'll see .
    I understand your reasons guys, I could have never achieved, what you achieved with this mod.
  3. Ritter_Ronald

Companion revision 3 - retinue system.

:?: I asked this a few times now ... and found no answer through the search:

In revision 189/191 and similar - how can I recruit more than 6 companions ???

- I must own a fief, means being lord of a faction to get the "cultural-related" companions, right !?
    - I can recruit even more companions, when being recognized as a King by other factions of the other cultures !?

so how many in numbers ? and ... seriously there I didn't found any FAQ on this ... please help me guys :smile:
  4. Ritter_Ronald

Winged Helms

okay and what about definitely historical accurate items, that got deleted some time ago !??

example - the Byzantine helmets I already mentioned can't be historical inaccurate, because there is still some new version included which only
    has a white scarf, turban-like strapped around the upper part of the helmet - but it's still the same model, with the same pony tail.

In previous revisions there were 2 of them, 1 with pony tail, one without ... now they are both replaced by the "turban-model"
    And I loved both - now, it doesn't really look Byzantine any more, rather than Arabic ...

5. Ritter_Ronald

kuauik's sweatshop ;0)

just an idea of mine, copied from another thread regarding "long time ago deleted, but always beloved items"

I don't know, but since there are many item slots left, what about some items "for player only" ???
    Items you choose for yourself if you like it's cool look and don't give a damn about historical accuracy in this case !?
    Items, that aren't assigned to any troops, but can be used by player and companions !?

I mean I really miss some armours and helmets from the revision 63 and beyond ... Stuff that didn't looked ridiculous,
    many Byzantine stuff, like old cataphrakt armour and the byzantine helmets (the ones with the pony tail :wink: ) without that stupid white scarf ...
    ... really it was my most favourite helmet and now it looks ridiculous  :neutral:

Since it wouldn't destroy or even touch anything (historical accuracy, AI behaviour, balancing, visual appearance) in general,
    but only would be an option for the player only connected to personal choice and since it shouldn't mean too much work ---
    PLEASE Wouldn't that be possibler to implement ?

Maybe do some votes or collect suggestions and then implement again like 15 helmets and 10 armours or anything similar  ?  :???:
  6. Ritter_Ronald

Winged Helms

Spitfire84 said:
    AIR1007 said:
    Winged Helms with black and white winged . This is really pretty.  :wink:
    While on the subject, are there any other Helmets people would want to return if it were possible? Personally I want the old Vaegir Helmets to make a return.

Sign! ... one of the very few cases where I wouldn't give a **** about historical accuracy (don't care about arguing about 30 years+/-) I loved it so much in combination with the old (deleted many many revisions ago) Kipchak-mail (the dark one) - it really looked eastern-bad-ass

EDIT:  I don't know, but since there are many item slots left, what about some items "for player only" ???
    Items you choose for yourself if you like it's cool look and don't give a damn about historical accuracy in this case !?
    Items, that aren't assigned to any troops, but can be used by player and companions !?

I mean I really miss some armours and helmets from the revision 63 and beyond ... Stuff that didn't looked ridiculous,
    many Byzantine stuff, like old cataphrakt armour and the byzantine helmets (the ones with the pony tail :wink: ) without that stupid white scarf ...
    ... really it was my most favourite helmet and now it looks ridiculous  :neutral:

Since it wouldn't destroy or even touch anything (historical accuracy, AI behaviour, balancing, visual appearance) in general,
    but only would be an option for the player only connected to personal choice and since it shouldn't mean too much work ---
    PLEASE Wouldn't that be possibler to implement ?

Maybe do some votes or collect suggestions and then implement again like 15 helmets and 10 armours or anything similar  ?  :???:
  7. Ritter_Ronald

Winged Helms

Spitfire84 said:
    AIR1007 said:
    Winged Helms with black and white winged . This is really pretty.  :wink:
    While on the subject, are there any other Helmets people would want to return if it were possible? Personally I want the old Vaegir Helmets to make a return.

Sign! ... one of the very few cases where I wouldn't give a **** about historical accuracy (don't care about arguing about 30 years+/-) I loved it so much in combination with the old (deleted many many revisions ago) Kipchak-mail (the dark one) - it really looked eastern-bad-ass
  8. Ritter_Ronald

The new Subversion.

:mrgreen: oh right - meant braking not bracing !

bracing for spears means, if i'm right, the same as couching for lances: a braced spear - givs the same damage bonus for a spear,
    as couhing does for lances. Anyone ever experienced an instant horse kill when riding close to enemy infantry (even poor infantry) ?
    Often the fall from the horse is caused by: "horse received xxx damage by a braced spear"
  9. Ritter_Ronald

The new Subversion.

o0hshift said:
    i like spear weapon. because it very long and high damage. i use it to kill enemy easy and no lost health..

but when hit a shield or blocking by weapon. sometimes. my spear broke.

i try to mod option and no check:
    - spear braking
    - weapon break

but my spear still broke. ( i lost spear in battle and i see message log: your spear is broke )

how to fix it? i want keep spear forever in battle.
    help me  :sad: :sad: :sad:
    rev 195.
    thanks

I think I remember it being an option in mod menu - so you can just enable/disable Spear-bracing

edt: means -> camp menu -> mod menu :wink:
  10. Ritter_Ronald

The new Subversion.

Stevehoos can you maybe explain to me, how that "invite pepole to a hunt" feature works ?
  11. Ritter_Ronald

Can we break Holy Roman Empire into small countries

+ in the new revisions the Kingdom of Bohemia is also independent, now including the new city of Olmütz  :grin:
    Means only 5 major cities left for HRE: Köln, Frankfurt, Magdeburg, Lübeck, Nürnberg

Of course I would like to see a split HRE, but hey this way we got all "native german" lands united under the yellow Flag with its black imperial eagle
    - though not really authentic (game engine limits this effort I guess) it's nice to have a counterpart to England, France and Poland ...

Nevertheless - let's just hope that the benelux/ netherlands get some life at any point ...
    Come on medieval Europe without Brügge and Antwerpen ?  :neutral:  no ___ Flandern ???
    möööööp ...

12. Ritter_Ronald

SVN1257 and Companions list

NikeBG said:
    Ritter_Ronald said:
    :roll: poor commercial :wink: ]
    Not really.

no offence Nike  :wink: , I was just referring to:
    NikeBG said:
    Just for the record, the current version of E1200 has 27 companions (29 in the next update) and if we add the planned ones, the number would probably reach something between 40 and 50.
    maybe I read it another way, I only know from concurring TotalWarMods, that posts and links of other major mods in
    another mods particular forum are just not pleasant. If it is more friendly and uncompetitive in the Warband community - cool.
    (Also I used a smiley, cause today  I actually posted in this forum what i liked from your mod more than that feature in 1257ad - the quests)
    Anyway it doesn't really matter, and I don't want to offend or trouble anyone, so back to topic:

2 Trainer is possible trough a bug I guess: in my last revision I was able to recruit 2 trainers normally, in my present revision (189?)
    it is only possible when you recruit a monk, then a trader then a trainer, disband the trader,
    then you are able to recruit another trainer + the trader you just disbanded or like that, don't remember exactly ...

- so anyone can tell me clearly where to get the other possible companions / or nobles as I also read ?
  13. Ritter_Ronald

The new Subversion.

:mrgreen: A nice compromise - thnx !!!
  14. Ritter_Ronald

Who was the ruler,Simon de Montfort or Henry iii of England?

... "Due to the fact", that Henry III was (referring to your own words) King in 1257ad, was it since 1234 and besides not a full year of imprisonment
    (in 1264, 7 years after the time of the mod) was again King from 1265 on, until his own Son took his crown - He should of course stay King of England,
    what else ??? I mean really, everything (else) [- edit] would be nonsense imo ...
  15. Ritter_Ronald

SVN1257 and Companions list

:roll: poor commercial :wink: ]

Can anyone please tell me, how / where I can get the other companions (means the companions, that you can't recruit from every city) ???
    I play revision 187/189 or whatever and now I only got 6 !?? (1 Monk, 1 Engineer, 1Pathfinder, 1 Trader , 2 Trainers)
  16. Ritter_Ronald

The new Subversion.

1. Please don't remove bandits completely, wouldn't have anything to slaughter as a new started Character this way.
    (I'm simply no friend of the freelance-system, because it just forces you to wait ages before anything happens
    - and damn what happens if the lord just wants to fight a battle his army can't win, then I'm dead or doomed or PoW ???)
    Of course U wouldn't mint more resources for AI calculation - but Bandits are essential ... as are caravans ...

2. Is there any idea regarding the implementation of new interesting or just a bit more diverse QUESTS ?
    (this was always the one and only thing, that Europe1200 did a bit better, but since i never would play a
    different mod nowadays - I miss different quests, that would boost the RPG factor of the game a bit more,
    since the diplomacy elements are only really basic - and it would just make the path to your own kingdom a bit more fun imo)

3. so: Any planning for more diplomatic features !?

/ Kuauik you just did a great job on all the textures and armours !  :mrgreen:
  17. Ritter_Ronald

The new Subversion.

Glycerius said:
    Missions like seeking peace, or any other standard diplomatic mission. The companions recruited in the city menu are very prone to disappearing on routine diplomatic missions. The nobles recruited at hunts or by invite, work fine.

:shock: "at hunts" - is there really a present working feature to go on hunt with lords / invite them to such events !???

... tell me please  :smile:
  18. Ritter_Ronald

The new Subversion.

xat said:
    Ok so I can buy long bow which is like siege crossbow or I can buy one I can use on horse that is simply better.

Balance ...

Last but not least, not everyone is a history geek, I might not know **** about the history of this time (besides knowing a name or two or a thing or two), doesn't change the fact that I might enjoy the game. It just you know balance should be there more or less.
    Why is Mongolian bow harder to use than Long bow? For balance? Or other alien reasons, I mean its easier to use right its bend and all that new high tech late 12 century stuff right so why it requires more skill than drawing a big ass bow?

Just because something is high-tech doesn't necessarily mean, that it would be easier to use (normally the opposite is the case, ... from Jets to water-boilers  ...)
    And I guess LittleJP already stated a good technical answer to your question. Another way said: a long bow needs skill and much power to draw, a composite-bow needs
    almost the same amount of drawing-power, but much more skill, BECAUSE it's made by 12 different materials, not only Ye (oder wie auch immer, Eibe heißt das verdammt ^^)

/ by the way: why you are even playing this mod, when u r not at some point, somehow interested in history ? honestly, that's not what  get :wink:
  19. Ritter_Ronald

The new Subversion.

Hey I updated to 164 last week, then had almost no time to play ...
    I read there are some major issues in the 16_ versions regarding AI, when I read correctly - now we got - what, 176 ???
    So quick Thomas, I can't keep up playing how fast this mod upgrades ^^

So any good reasons to upgrade to the present revision, rather starting a game with 164 ?

And by the way it would be nice to have a changelog just copy pasted from SVN from anyone in this thread here or another one,
    for everyone else to know if it might be better to upgrade or to wait fro the next bugfix / to know what actual version the most recent is.

I mean the next bugfix can be only half a day away, we know :wink: - so waiting shouldn't be hard.
    --> But then people like me would rather like to wait playing the game for the time, instead of starting a new campaign,
    and then notice the other day, that the present version didn't contained many improvements, but some bugs, that now have been
    fixed so i should start again ...
    It's very hard to keep an overview of the status of the mod, even when imo you are playing the mod
    + reading the forum every day  :???:

anyway love the new textures ---> characters now look even more great.  :mrgreen:
  20. Ritter_Ronald

I can't feed my army (Help)

1. - you can feed your troops only through your own inventory - party inventory is for storing things, like loot from battles or from plundering villages
    2. - Well the variety of food, not the amount of lets say grain or bread overall, is what counts and affects the moral of your troops.
    So you might have placed 10 packages of bread into your inventory. But that Has the same effect as 1 bread - cause 1 batch of bread  includes 80? breads,
    which will be consumed time after time by your army.

To gain maximum moral-effect from food you have to have all (or at least - almost all) kinds of food in your inventory

means 9 basic foods + maybe olives + eventually fresh meat, pork and or chicken

(that's M&B basic mechanics, not Mod related :wink: )
Back
Top Bottom