Search results for query: *

1. darklordhawk

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

I have no idea how to work difficulty settings, I just played the mod as it came. 

And I'm aware that more castles means larger party size, its just irritating that an NPC with a single castle gets such outrageous numbers from one castle and we get like  +10 guys per castle.  Add that to the fact that every time a faction gets destroyed, all Lords go to the remaining NPC factions and I'm looking at like 40 lords apiece fighting for both the Reach and the Stormlands in my latest war (finished conquering all of Essos). 

Was also irritated to see that Volantis and Myr had Westerosi lords defect to their side sometime in the past so even though I beat them in Essos, they both hold castles in the western parts of the Reach or the Westerlands.  So stupid.  Now I have to deal with 50 extra lords withing nothing to do but raid my villages on top of the entire might of the Reach and Stormlands.  And of course its just one **** castle thats spawning all these Lords (per faction).  I mean why wouldn't one tiny castle support enough troops to devastate all of Essos?  :roll: 

I haven't played in a few days, had
  2. darklordhawk

LAST_ACTION_HERO said:
    @ ALL

I struggle with the Difficulty options... here is my problem.

Like on the last Version I set everything on MAX so the game ended for me I think on day 39 when Kings Landing got taken by the Gay-Barathon.

What would happen if I played on easy AI and Battles does the AI conquer less or plays slower? Did anyone try the Easy AI and Hard battles? Like what would be the best way setting it up overall,  like all on easy?

I certainly think the last time I played the game it might had been the difficulty level what pushed it to a fast end... but on the other hand I enjoy hard battles it gives me a thrill, if I set it on easy its more like a Conan the Barbarian Movie where I slaughter 20-25 Units of a 100 men army. What feels kinda to easy and unreal to me.

Just wondering what would slow the advance of the factions down and still keep up the fun, Like if someone conquers Kings Landing it should be me not some random AI Lord  :mrgreen:

Thanks for all the replies in advance  :arrow:

Cheers,  :roll:

I understand the realism frustration but if it wasn't for your being able to kill 50 guys yourself, the game would be impossible since the AI has such ridiculous advantages.  A Faction leader with one castle rolls around with 500+ troops, 1/3 of which are cavalry while I personally rule 8 towns, about 20 villages and have lords who hold many castles, villages and a few towns all paying tribute to me and I max out at 460 troops right now, and thats with 8 charisma and 8 leadership.  Same **** applies to enemy Lords though their numbers aren't  quite as obscene. 

Since they are buffed so heavily, a fair 1:1 fight would be outrageous, as well as how difficult it is to get Lords, even disgruntled ones, to join your faction. 
  3. darklordhawk

AmateurHetman said:
    I've noticed another bug. When sending out recruiters (in my case Lorath to collect Lorathi troops), they will randomly stop moving and stand still on the map doing nothing. No idea if this is an isolated case for me, or all recruiters.

From what I've seen, Recruiters take troops from the same pool that you yourself recruit from.  So if you just recently recruited from village X, then the recruiter can't take troops from village X until a few days later when the available pool of recruits has regenerated.  Same thing applies when there are multiple recruiters going after the same recruits/villages. 
  4. darklordhawk

Just annihilated Lys and Myr (Myr was holding out in the town between Lys and Volantis, forget its name).  All thats left of Essos is Volantis but they have a **** ton of new lords so I'm keeping my recruiters busy and running around myself gathering several thousand troops for this fight. 

Was able to get my capital switched to Pentos with your help.  Thanks for the excellent guidance, Taehsaen! 
  5. darklordhawk

Once again, thank you for another excellent post.  Will try to move my court again with your suggestion tomorrow!
  6. darklordhawk

Just fought off the Khalasar.  Thought they were gonna attack Qohor so I had 1100 troops there (all farmers or levies).  All other towns keep garrisons between 500-700 troops except Pentos and Braavos which I beef up even higher in anticipation for westerosi invasions since they are by the main ports. 

Anyways I garrisoned Qohor like crazy and they spawn up by Stonehill or whatever the castle is called just north of Norvos.  It immediately became theirs without a battle and I had to scramble to get ready for a siege to retake it.  Waited til all the Dothraki lords had moved out to raid my villages and I took the castle, then I systematically took out the lords now that they couldn't respawn without a castle.  They were tougher than any other faction Ive fought (on a pound for pound comparison between troop types) but I was usually able to negate their advantages of being cavalry by keeping my guys in forests or rivers.  Think theres 2 more of them running around but they aren't even raiding my villages, they're just running around so I don't know where they're at or Id have finished them off already.  I also extended control to the rest of Pentos and secured all of Myr.  Will be taking out Volantis tomorrow. 

Still haven't found any lords at either my capitol/court or the first town after my name like you suggested above, but theres still over 9 factions left so I'm not surprised yet.  However, I was irritated to see that I tried moving my court from Lorath to Braavos and it won't let me do it.  Got the tools and linen in my household and elected to do the move but my Queen won't move. 
  7. darklordhawk

Damn, was hoping it would only be Volantis lol. Will have to fortify the garrison in Qohor I guess.  Thanks for the heads up!
  8. darklordhawk

Thanks for the guide man!  Will definitely give that a try this weekend when I have some time to play some more!

I noticed in your guide that faction 22 is Qevir Khalasar.  I haven't seen these guys yet.  Mind sharing where they usually invade just so I can buff up my defenses in anticipation for them? 
  9. darklordhawk

I've been a fan of Cozur's work here for years now and I'm loving 3.0.  I have always gotten bored with M&B once I start to kickass and get too powerful.  Not sure why but this one is providing enough challenge to keep things interesting without being ridiculous (like where I defeat a lord and he respawns with full army 3 game hours later).  I've played a few mods where I might have to defeat a Lord 3 times just on the trip to his castle, which is just a point A to B type event.  Much more fond of the slower spawn rates in this one.  I also like that my own party size isn't permanently nerfed. 

I loved all the cutscenes and explorable locations.  Enjoyed all the minor little quests and am currently enjoying being a king.  As usual, recruiting lords is a PITA but at least theres a **** ton of companions to choose from while I work on attracting outside talent.  In my current campaign, I've currently conquered all of Lorath, Norvos, Braavos, most of Pentos and all of Qohor- in that order.  Still don't have a single lord waiting in my court.  This is with me having over 200 honor, 99 Right to rule, friends with virtually everybody (minus about 1/3 of the lords from the factions I destroyed, but even in them most of the lords still like me with over 30 "opinion of me" or whatever its called. 

I just made peace with the last factions from Westeros who had declared war on me the second my nations was founded and have gotten NAPs with everybody in Essos so I'm looking forward to a little peacetime for me to work on recruiting Lords now.  I've never finished a single one of Cozurs mods so it will be awesome to see how things look when I start getting close to that.  I'm approaching 1400 hours of total gametime on M&B (vanilla plus all mods) and I dont think Ive ever finished a campaign in all that time lol.   

Was the quest with Dany removed from the game?  Can't seem to find a startpoint for it and I've looked all over Volantis, Braavos and Pentos. 
  10. darklordhawk

How are people already speaking about 2.0 from experience?  Was there a beta released that is now not available?

I have been away from M&B (and ACOK) since 1.1.  My job at the time was just sucking the fun out of everything and I lost interest but Ive started to go back to many of my old hobbies and I was thrilled to see Cozur has been busy keeping ACOK constantly being upgraded.

I already read the list of changes (from every version since 1.1) and Im really excited.  Downloading 1.5 right now to keep me busy until 2.0 comes out. 
  11. darklordhawk

chunder_bot said:
    Chazshepherd said:
    darklordhawk said:
    Dont leave money in a single castle as you can lose it if your castle gets captured and your finance guy doesnt have anywhere else to go.  To answer your question, your army is small and you need to grow.  Deposit ALL of your troops in harrenhall.  Troops that are in a garrison only have to be paid half of their salary.  Then go and recruit as many troops as you can.  Keep them all level 1.  Keep depositing them in harrenhall til you have like 300 guys there.  It sounds like a lot but theres no cap to how many troops you can have INSIDE garrisons and at level one they cost like nothing to pay.  Then remove your original army of 70 and start conquering new castles. 

Just remember to stay near harrenhall while you are recruiting.  If it gets besieged you need to be able to get back in time to help defend.  Once you have like 300 guys you will almost never ever get besieged, regardless of all 300 being lvl 1 noob troops.
    How much gold should I leave in harrenhall? I have around 30000 total. The truth is I don't even want harrenhall, I want the iron islands, but like I said, they have 300-400 troops in each castle and my max before I became a king was 74, my max now is 274. On Reformist's gameplay (he's a youtuber), the iron islands only had like 95 in each castle. I was lucky to find harrenhall with only 31 troops but it's kinda in the middle and near lots of dragonstone territory (I'm at war with them after taking harrenhal). So u think  I should keep harrenhall and get as many troops as I can asap then take my origional 70 and go build my army then take over other places? I haven't done much since taking harrenhall and I can load save b4 besiege if I should.
    personally i take all my gold with me once you are happy with the troops in your castle  either take out your elite 70 or go and recruit some more elite troops (i personally recomend Myr crossbow men which you can hire from myr castles and towns, bravoosi men at arms which are again hired from towns and castles, and either reach or westerlands heavy knights) use tactics like placing your archers in a line bellow the enemy walls they will take out the first few waves of enemy troops leave them pinging arrows at the enemy if you have the myr crossbow men they have huge shields to protect them so you shouldnt loose many then go make a cup of tea come back and if you are happy with the amount of enemys that your archers have taken out charge in your infantry and your cavalry to finish off anyone in the castle. i use my ranged units alot  to clear the wall then once the walls are cleared ill move them onto the castle walls so they can rain arrows down on the enemy spawn. if i were you though i would leave the iron islands for the minute and try to take out dragon stone so you dont have to fight two wars and by the time youve destroyed dragon stone you should be a little power house and can sweep across the iron isles, i guess that they have more troops than in reformists because your game may have been going on longer

I agree with taking your gold with you.  IF you have a chancellor or whatever the finance minister is called, you need to leave him with enough money to pay your troops BUT all your pay now defaults to him so if your income is positive, you can leave him with just 2 or 3k gold just in case of a disaster.  The rest of your 30k you keep on your person. 

I do NOT agree with the idea of getting knights at your current level.  You didnt indicate what your weekly income is but trust me, paying 89/troop (and heavy knights are above 100/troop) for an army of 70 is over 6k/week.  If you try to increase that to 250 troops now that you are a king, that comes out to over 22k/week.  You are going to have to raid a LOT of villages to pay for them and I personally try not to raid too much as it makes it impossible to recruit in the future.  If you must raid, select a few villages and ONLY target those villages.  Over an over again.  That way all the people that hate you are in one area and not spread out all over the map. 

I still recommend you garrison Harrenhall with noob troops.  Once it has at least 250 troops, start filling your own parties ranks again.  You then should make the move to conquer Lorath as it is BY FAR the easiest kingdom to conquer.  Lorath only has 1 lord (besides its king), one castle and one town for you to beat.  And the king of Lorath only has like 240 guys, as opposed to like Tywin Lannister or Robb Stark who usually travel with 400-500 men.    Other benefits of Lorath are that it is VERY isolated.  Meaning your enemies have to travel a long way to get to you.  Next is that Lorath is small and all the villages are very close to the town.  Meaning you can easily ride out and defend your villages if one is being raided BEFORE the raider is done and riding home with the spoils.  Lastly is that Lorath troops SUCK.  They are extremely easy to kill.  Reason for that is that the veteran and elite archers dont actually have a bow, they have rocks to throw.  Dont ask me why, but it makes them a total joke.  I started conquering Lorath when I was barely level 18!  I guarantee you the Iron Islands arent going to go down that easy lol. 
  12. darklordhawk

Dont leave money in a single castle as you can lose it if your castle gets captured and your finance guy doesnt have anywhere else to go.  To answer your question, your army is small and you need to grow.  Deposit ALL of your troops in harrenhall.  Troops that are in a garrison only have to be paid half of their salary.  Then go and recruit as many troops as you can.  Keep them all level 1.  Keep depositing them in harrenhall til you have like 300 guys there.  It sounds like a lot but theres no cap to how many troops you can have INSIDE garrisons and at level one they cost like nothing to pay.  Then remove your original army of 70 and start conquering new castles. 

Just remember to stay near harrenhall while you are recruiting.  If it gets besieged you need to be able to get back in time to help defend.  Once you have like 300 guys you will almost never ever get besieged, regardless of all 300 being lvl 1 noob troops. 
  13. darklordhawk

savantx said:
    Anyone know why I have -7 relation with every single fief and if there is any way to change this (not through normal quests).

I assume the relation hit was from one of the 'events' that pop up.  I once accidentally helped some bandits because it looked exactly the same as the settlers/begging brothers event.  I'm guessing that could be the reason.

I had this happen to me twice (in two different campaigns) in 1.1.  Havent played 1.2 enough to know if it happens here.  And its def not a reaction to my renown or honor as I had over 100 honor the first game and in the second I was trying to keep it around 50. 
  14. darklordhawk

Couple things I noticed about 1.2

I like the new mods and making Arakahs less powerful but at the same time I have yet to find one weapon that 'does it all' in 1.2.  Not a complaint more of just an observation.  I actually like this as it makes me have to constantly change my inventory.

First bug:  I went to great lengths to establish businesses in every single town in the map. Once I had that economic powerhouse established I began buying real estate in Lorath as that was going to be my point of origin as it is easy to conquer and establish a foothold (like Australia in Risk lol).  However during my conquest of Lorath I noticed two things: 

As soon as I declared myself independent from my King (was a Lord of Lys) my very next budget report indicated that I did not get money from any of my businesses.  Not that they were under sequestration, just green 0's (zeros) for the entire column EXCEPT for Lorath an Lys as I was at war with them and those did say 'under sequestration'. 

The second thing I noticed was that during my siege of Lorath, they never starved.  I waited 30 days for their food to run out and once it did, every day I started seeing error message scrypt lines or whatever they are called.  I can only assume the error was with whatever it is that actually kills starving troops as I waited 10 days AFTER they ran out of food and they still had the full garrison and the commander refused to surrender.  I should have taken a screen shot but I stupidly forgot to get a shot of the error scripts when they were happening and its unlikely Ill starve another town or castle as I can now field enough troops to just storm them. 

Overall I really enjoy the mod, but I cant stand that I spend 7 hours yesterday getting all those businesses up and running and now they are irrelevant. 

Oh one other thing I noticed.  I also meet village elders and guild masters in every village and town right from the beginning of every game I play.  However, once I founded my own Kingdom, all of them forgot they knew me.  In other words, the 'meet with village elder' or 'meet with guild master' button must be 'achieved' by walking around the village or town again and finding them all over again.  This one isnt a big deal as I already had businesses everywhere so I didnt really care about guild masters at that point.  Finding village masters again isnt a dealbreaker but just a minor pain. 
  15. darklordhawk

I did the quest for the Septon in white harbor.  The quest never seems to update though.  I did everything,  scouted the village, spoke to the old gossip, spoke/slept with her slutty daughter (lol) then found the old guy with the wights.  Killed them all and went back to the septon and he still is asking me to go scout the village.  I returned to the abandoned keep again and the old guy is still there but now he ignores me.  ???

Btw i LOL'ed in real life when i was scouting that village and the crazy lady says 'goodwife hannah must have been raped by half a hundred men'  :mrgreen:  does that make me a bad person lol  :twisted:
  16. darklordhawk

Ive reached day 362 in my game (version 1.0).  I just conquered Volantis after those idiots decided to defend Tyrosh.  I had started the quest Valar Dohaeris  (forgive me if i misspelled, its been a while since I read the books) and now every time I start a battle with anyone the game crashes.  I dont even know if there is a fix for this or if i will just have to live with it like in previous versions.  If so, I can deal with it.  Never fun starting over but at the same time, it IS FUN starting over if you know what i mean lol. 

Anyways, that is my first complaint after playing in over 2 weeks.  if only Rome 2 was as bug free as Cozur's contributions to society lol

Seriously though, i LOVE LOVE LOVE ver. 1.0!!!  Had tons of fun finding the random NPCs who do nothing like Ser Bronn of the Blackwater, the Hound (fav character of all time btw), random maesters and priests/septons - though it was a rude shock to see if i like rhollor or any gods besides the Seven, all Westerosi towns gain -5 relation, but if i tell a westerosi septon i like the seven, theres no [free] benefits AND Essos' towns dont lose relation.  must be more openminded on that side of the world i guess?  lol

Anyways,  all in all I would give this version 9/10 and that is putting it up against COMPLETE $$60 GAMES.  Im sure 1.1 or 1.2 will blow me away and be full 10/10's!

Thank you Cozur for the countless hours of fun I've had on your mods over the last year.  You are the man  :cool:
  17. darklordhawk

Cozur.... I just noticed the SUPER OLD SCHOOL Command and Conquer theme in a tournament.  WOW.  You are the best Cozur!  Awesome nostalgia right there lol :smile:
  18. darklordhawk

Warband Battle Size Changer v1.5

Does this work on other mods?  I am trying to play Clash of Kings and Prophecy of Pendor with larger battles and am just wondering if I have to download this here?
  19. darklordhawk

Honestly I feel that The Blackfyre Rebellion would be more interesting overall just because Westeros at that point was SO different from where it is during Game of Thrones.  However, I voted for Robert's Rebellion/War of the Usurper because of one man.  Rhaegar
  20. darklordhawk

SP Sci-Fi [WB] Wrecked Republic - Star Wars mod

Sigh... guess its time to put another mod as my signature  :cry:
Back
Top Bottom