Search results for query: *

• Users: Lisek
  • Order by date
  1. Lisek

GRUNWALD 2012 - massive public battle reenacment

Lt said:
    You should have tried everything out before. Well hope you will learn something of this now.

We understand people might be upset we have to post-pone the event, but considering the amount of work and patience this has cost us - it's just a tiny bit rude to write stuff like that. Belive me, we are not happy that we can't land this like we wanted, it's not a decision we are making for our own leasuire.
  2. Lisek

Check first post.

All i can say is... sorry, but the problem we have stumbled upon just makes the battle VERY UNPLEASANT to a point where it cannot and should not be played.
  3. Lisek

GRAND GRUNWALD TOURNAMENT 2012

YourStepDad said:
    I don't see how the stands wouldn't be a good idea. I did not mean stat requirements as is the case with Persistent world, merely the way you obtain weapons; there are stalls with every type of weapon on them, and they can be obtained by holding F. Meaning they are infinite, they aren't actual ingame items, but they appear on you or on the floor after you hold F for an appropriate amount of time. A bit hard to visualize perhaps.
    Yes, i'm aware of how PW works. The actual lance stand works sorta this way. We'll have to develop it so you can either state what people you preffer or simply have multiple single type stands. That's next year though.
    Visualization is saddly out of question.

As for peasants getting the gear - them picking it off the stalls could be very limited or unavailable altogether , they would just have to improvise and scavange for weapons off the dead bodies. :razz: Or simply, give them some low grade weapons that they too can pick up.
    Well, thats the problem. We don't want the peasants to have any weapons at all outside the melee arena since that usually leads to bloodshed and provokes police hours ending in guard-conducted civilian mass murder and forum rage. But than some weapons simply get smuggled outside and such. But worry not, we came up with a niffty idea during the tournament. It'll have to wait though :smile:

As for the picture, thanks, but it shows exactly what I claimed. I was warned again for the last time(wut? :lol:), not knowing what for, since I thought the killing in the lodge was alright and not an offense(as I have stated there, everybody was doing it).

So yeah, I get a warning, and then I am kicked for something I thought was not an offense.
    Wasn't to prove a point, just found it silly that from the very few log documentation screenshots (this one wasn't even aimed at you) that we're made to prevent unjust *****ing on the PL forums i actually caught your incident :smile: I'm aware pretty much a lot of urban chaos and edgy guards have these sort of outcomes.
    Can't really blame neither you, nor the peacekeepers.

Scully said:
    Anyone record this event?
    We are still awaiting for responses but it would seem rather no...
  4. Lisek

YourStepDad said:
    I think you are mistaking me for someone else. I was, judging by my posts here and the fact I had a team - a registered knight., not a spectator. I went into the lodge with a horse, ran past a guard and had him chase me a bit. Okay, It was a bit mischievous, sure, but that is all I did. I was then given a surprising "last warning" and had my horse downed, I stopped and said "okay, i understand, chill, i'm leaving the place" something in those words anyway, and I was on my way out. Suddenly the guards have said "nobody is going that way" meaning to the tournament ground, and I thought the same applied to me.

In short, no kills.

As the guards guarded the enterance to the jousting grounds, there was a lot of kicking, slashing and slapping in the lodge, which nobody seemed to mind,  so I thought it was allowed, as usual, which made me kill a peasant who was kicking and slapping us. The admins haven't reacted to that. 2 minutes or so after that I've gotten kicked, the last thing someone said to me was "lance." than bam "kicked"

And what was your nickname? The guard that warned me had a little trouble speaking fluently, so I doubt it was you. And I think I've stopped playing around that time. Not entirely sure. I'm intrigued so post a screenshot if you'd like.

Bah, this is all quite irrelevant anyway. What's been done was done. I had fun and I'm looking forward to the real deal tomorrow. :smile:

Thanks for the best efforts Grunwald team!

P.S. I have a suggestion for Grunwald 2013, regardless of whether it will be open to public or not - Add weapon/armor stands a la Persistent World. That way, everything will be much, much faster, people won't have to camp on weapon spawns and pick them away like vultures, you will avoid clutter, and everyone will be able to personalize their equipment the way they want.

Oh, God right. I remember i schedueled your jousting. It would be impossible to down you as a pub since you took part. That guy must have been from Valour... nevermind that.
    The guards actually had simple instructions towards the knight entrance. Anyone UNARMORED is to be KILLED as soon as he enters the gate house.

My nickname was Lisek, mostly spent the time at the jousting stand selecting pairs and being generally frustrated and disappointed :smile: Sorry, most of our guards were quite poorly skilled in english... We didn't had a big bunch to choose from aswell and we either go international or trusted people.
    SHOULDN'T HAVE TRUSTED THEM :grin:

As for the suggestion, totally opposite. Less weapons and strength requirements to pick them up soo they don't get into peasant hands :smile: We'll see what we can do about the stands themselves. A direct into-the-hand system could fix this but we have much bigger problems coming up next year.

Yeeea... tomorrow is rage-day. Last year the lag was horrible. This time we got a better server, hopefully it will stand up to the task. We'll see :smile:

Ps.
    cos.png
  5. Lisek

Until roughly 4:30 pm GMT+1 i was away, later on you can understand any ban was sanctioned by me.

There was a simple rule, if the mob doesn't want to get hurt - DON'T try to force yourself into the arena or areas where you are simply not supposed to be - instead, RUN. The jousting ground was for knights only, the lodge was for the peasants. You went into the jousting grounds without armor... It was a death sentance.

I have a screenshot of your body YourStepDad. Admin chat was quite red and big so i doubt you could miss the message about what happens to peasants going there.

Than again, there was a MASSIVE army of trolls that wanted to just steal a horse and kill the admins so we we're quite edgy. Before 4:30pm carrying a sword was a death sentance for a pub, after that we decided we don't really care what they do as long as they don't get in the way.

They did anyways.

And than all the people who signed up and didn't show...

Ps. Lots of tech backfired on us. Not enough testing...
  6. Lisek

YourStepDad said:
    If I may just copy this here...

grunwald2012.png

Also, will someone broadcast/record the event?

Might aswell try this
    http://grunwald.mountblade.info/index.php?site=konny_wyniki
  7. Lisek

Module instalation instructions updated 21.07.2012:

1. Download the module from one of the links below.
    • http://www.speedyshare.com/PMmtn/Grunwald.rar
    2. Download the patch (21.07.12-14:00)
    • http://www.speedyshare.com/7jwyP/fix.rar
    3. Make sure all previous versions of Grunwald are deleted.
    4. Unpack the main Grunwald.rar into the root/modules folder (np. C:/mount&blade warband/modules/ ) so that directly inside modules we get a folder called Grunwald.
    5. Unpack the patch and copy all of it's contents into the Grunwald module folder (np. C:/mount&blade warband/modules/grunwald/ ) and we copy over all files when the request pops up.
    6. Shazbot. That's it. Enjoy.

Ps. The module supplied in this post is NOT the same as the one given previously. It allready has a fix incorporated. You might have to download EVERYTHING again.
  8. Lisek

Fedayi said:
    Is the module already available? Cause i read something about a patch... but nothing about the acutal module...

The module will show up today. You will be able to download it, check 2nd post once in a while - it'll be there :smile:
  9. Lisek

Illusive Man said:
    There isn't a Polish side either. You, Poles, talk like it was just Poland vs the Teutonic order. Anyway, we won't be coming to the event.

I'll be honest with you. The lack of the strong physical Lithuanian presence in the event is purely because I couldn't get the Lithuanian models done. 2011 we talked about adding custom units to the banner to encourage people, to donate towards a bit bigger historical accuracy but we couldn't do everything we planned.

We didn't had the time back than to realize that project and this year was even more cluttered, as i had virtually no time to work on Grunwald content other than to try and fix the rigging (which still isn't pretty, derp).

As for the name, to be blunt - it's "allways" been a polish warband community event for us, so people over here kept referring to the Polish-Lithuanian coalition as simply "Jagiełło's army" or the "polish forces". It just got the better of us after it became regularly simplified.
    This is the first year we are actually going international.
    No doubt you are right it SHOULD be called the Polish-Lithuanian coalition, that on every step we should mention that. It just got oversimplified, for which i appologise. If we can, we'll patch it before the battle, if not - next year.

If i offended you, I'm sorry - it wasn't my intention to discredit a brotherly nation. After all, we wouldn't been talking about a Commonwealth if it wasn't for Litwa.
  10. Lisek

Illusive Man said:
    We won't play as the Teutonic order. -_- I can get those 12 members to the Lithuanian side which currently isn't staffed up.

Let me clear that up for you.

We got 2 sides fighting, the polish army (supported by a Lithuanian banner) and the teutonic order (everything listed here).

Both sides have a limit of 125 men, so it adds up to the 250 slots server capacity.

The polish army is currently at 120-138 signed up, soo it's full to the brim. It managed to get to the maximum even without filling up all the banners, thus the Lithuanian one seems empty.

So to summarize it up:
    - there is no "Lithuanian side"
    - the side Lithuanian banner is on cannot be joined anymore because it reached it's maximum manpower
    - i'm afraid you don't have that much choice if you want to participate. I'm sorry.

Ps. Please don't get me wrong. The Lithuanian participation in the battle has never been doubted and it was a great joint victory, not just Poland winning. No one is trying to either discredit or penalize anyone for not being polish.
    The event simply has been targeted at Poles for 2 years and it's been pretty popular over here so not only it gets a very quick response from the polish warband community, but also is participated by them en mass.
    You simply signed up to late, we would love to accomodate you there but we cannot kick someone out who joined first just because we want to support international participants (and trust me, i would LOVE to have a purly english speaking Teutonic order and force the polish side into sharing :smile:)
    As you can see the polish side is overflowing this badly, that we are staffing the teutonic order with Poles.
  11. Lisek

Illusive Man said:
    - clan's name : Lithuania
    - ringleader's name : Illusive Man
    - colour bearer's name : Still undecided.
    - number of participants : So far we have 10, but I haven't yet talked to all of them. It's pretty hard with the size of the Lithuanian M & B community.
    - preffered formation (choose from the list) : Banner of Vytautas
    Bohdan said:
    -clans` name: 1 Pułk Szwoleżerów
    -ringleader's name: Bohdan
    -colour bearer's name : Wodzu
    -number of participants : 20-30
    - preffered formation (choose from the list) : Schatzmeister's banner

Lisek said:
    Any other clan that registers with a estimate range or participants bigger than 5 (example "12-22 members") or below minimum 12 (example "9-14 members") will be ignored.
    Come back when you want to be treated seriously.

Ps. Illusive Man, I'm sorry but the polish side is all staffed to the brim. I know the Lithuanian banner is unassigned but we allready got the minimum 120 there. You'll have to join the order if you want to participate.
  12. Lisek

@Korpi
    You need a minimum of 12 people to reserve clan banners. I've signed you up as 12-16.
    Any other clan that registers with a estimate range or participants bigger than 5 (example "12-22 members") or below minimum 12 (example "9-14 members") will be ignored.

@HITMEN
    The St. George's banner is a unassigned, unsorted, clanless player formation. It's command staff will be picked by the event administration.
    If you wish to simply join the St. George's banner en mass you will have to fill up all the participants by name, otherwise I suggest you pick a different banner.
    Also, a colour bearer is a position that needs to be staffed like the banner commander. Please fix that so we know who will carry the banner.

Scully said:
    Demanding participation in the St. George's banner.
    i-see-what-you-did-there_o_298108.jpg
  13. Lisek

On the next day, after the tournament we would like to invite everyone to the Grand Grunwald Battle!

The info is in this thread.
    Just so you don't miss it.
  14. Lisek

THE BATTLE WILL COMMANCE ON THE 22.07.2012 8PM GMT+1 Server: TO BE ANNOUNCED Module download: TO BE ANNOUNCED The battle has been officially post-poned to an undisclosed date. We are extremly sorry for the inconvinience that this has become but it is impossible to stage the battle due to...
  15. Lisek

(old_topic)Official Deluge Organized Warfare (next event 21.04.2012!)

At this moment:

Kingdom of Sweden:
    • General and Staff-
    • Dragoons (max 15 members)-
    • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Tercios Of Spain- 10 members
    • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Compania- 10 members
    • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)-
    • Infantry (only pikeman)- English speaking randomeer platoon
    • Infantry (only pikeman)- Tercio de Nápoles- 10/20 members
    • Mercenary Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)-
    • Mercenary Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)-

Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth:
    • General and Staff- General + Chorągiew Wolentarska- 6 members
    • Light Cavalry (max 15 members)- Chorągiew Wolentarska- 15 members
    • Dragoni (max 15 osób)- Regiment Wielkopolski- 15 members
    • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Special DEV Team-15 members
    • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Polish speaking randomeer platoon
    • Infantry (only pikeman)-
    • Mercenary Infantry (max. 15 members)- Dragoni Królewscy- 10/15 members
    • Mercenary Infantry (max. 15 members)- Koronny Regiment Pancerny- 20 members
  16. Lisek

Well, to be blatantly honest, the initiative is daring and noble - an event to test out historical aspects and a good show for teamwork. A great concept indeed.

But I'm afraid the event is going to disastrously punish the tercio. We all seen how any administration of organized regiment events will stand on their heads and than even do a little dance jig to prevent randoming which is the natural death of formations. Seeing how deluge evolves, it's a natural step back from the Napoleonic doctrinality in straight lines, allowing people to once in a while skirmish on a very small landmark, such as a rocky formation or a few trees.
    As proven with MM, small, semi-uncoherant groups in the same numbers as organized bulky ranks will usually come out victorious in a shootout and no randomeer is sane enough to try charging to melee with such a giant, let alone nobody is adequately bulletproof to get there.

And as well because what Eirikr said, making the more complex faction inaccessible to the ordinary soldier - than again, sophistication is maybe what the formation need and it would be better for the less dedicated mob to steer clear? Well, if you can rally up dedicated personel in such numbers...

It's going to be a nice event, but i hope you gentlemen are ready to have your rectums served to you on a golden plate by a  bearded waiter in a ragged tuxedo... Would love to be proven wrong though :smile:

We will see :smile:
  17. Lisek

Because of the most recent patch we had to reform the unit list for todays event.
    There are not many actual changes, yet I'm asking everyone to be aware of them - since they might influence your regiment:

• Starting today we will be using a new TS server, courtesy of TercioNapoles:
      server IP: 188.165.197.194
      I would like to remind you that EVERY CLAN is REQUIRED to have at least one person on the TS to receive orders from the faction commander.
    • Sweden no longer has its Jager formations, they will be replaced with mercenary infantry units.
    • Swedish national infantry regiments are obliged to only use mercenary musketeer and mercenary pikemen units. Color bearers are excluded from this rule and can select the special unit for their purpose.
    • Polish national infantry should consist of "polish infantry". It can choose both musket firearms as well as polearm weaponry thus with the fulfilling the "no more    than 70% musketeers" should not be a problem. Color bearers are excluded from this rule and can select the special unit for their purpose.
    • Out of balance reasons the Dalregementet is being transferred to the polish side. Apologies for the problem.
    • We are still searching for a volunteer to command the Swedish army.

18. Lisek

It is only the last place! Submit your clan and participate in more than 230-strong battle! We still looking for a general who will command the Swedes.

Kingdom of Sweden:
    • General and Staff max 5 people-
    • Raitars (max. 15 people)- Regiment Wielkopolski- 15 members
    • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Tercios Of Spain- 15 members
    • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- The Lucky Dogs- 10 members
    • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- 41st Regiment of Foote-17/20 members
    • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Dalregementet-15 members
    • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Dutch East India Company- 10/15
    • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- PR_ Blewcoats- 10/15 members
    • Dragoons- English speaking randomeer platoon
    • Jager (max. 10 people)- Tercio Viejo de Cartagena- 10 members

Polish Commonwealth:
    • General and Staff max 5 people- Backsplash
    • Lisowczycy (max. 15 people)- Special DEV Team -15 members
    • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Regiment Gwardii Korony Polskiej.- 10 members
    • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Koronny Regiment Pancerny- 20 members
    • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Gwardia Koronna- 10/15 members
    • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Bohemia Corps- 15 members
    • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Free Space for your clan!
    • Dragoons- Polish speaking randomeer platoon
    • Mercenary Infantry (max. 15 people)- Chorągiew Wolentarska- 15 members
    • Mercenary Infantry (max. 15 people)- The Scottish Mercenary Halberdiers- 10 members
Back
Top Bottom