Search results for query: *

1. Prophesy of Pendor Dev Update Board (UPDATED 12/08/15)

I really have no suggestions to give, but keep up the good work and I look forward to playing 3.7 in the future.
  2. My strange rune bow disappeared

I've never had it disappear after Wolfbode's defeat and my PoP and game are both entirely updated.
  3. Fellow Mettenheim Soldiers , gather around and share tips and tricks :D

M0rdred said:
    CrymsonChaos said:
    Tried a Mettenheim style army once....  Eugh, I got slaughtered.  Although my KotEG fared quite well, without cavalry support it got ugly fast.  I don't understand how those Mettenheim war parties can be so dang EFFECTIVE.

Interesting, I don't tend to have much trouble with Mettenheim Style anymore, but that might be because I am just so used to doing it. Archer-heavy parties can be challenging (so Ravenstern can get nasty). What was it that gave you issue? If it was enemy cavalry then you're defiantly using your infantry wrong.

STAND CLOSER!

Mightyena-Lucario said:
    Don't forget those insanely powerful swords. They'll tear you apart in melee.
    Tried to crush a Mettenheim party (I think it was the Freikorps, but I'm not sure) with heavy cavalry only. It was frickin' BRUTAL. The moment we got stuck in the fray, a shimmering forest of blades ripped me and my men to shreds.

I still have nightmares from those Moustaches of Doom...

Properly done, Mettenheim are the ultimate bane of cavalry armies, especially heavy cavalry. Although the Jatu are a serious thorn for most playstyles, for Mettenheim they are a cash cow, pure and simple. Challenge is in catching them, they tend to flee when they see hordes of heavy horse hating infantry :razz:

It wasn't cavalry actually, the Empire's crossbowmen got my infantry.  The only thing that stopped it from being a complete bloodbath was the infallible might of KotEG crossbows.
  4. Fellow Mettenheim Soldiers , gather around and share tips and tricks :D

Tried a Mettenheim style army once....  Eugh, I got slaughtered.  Although my KotEG fared quite well, without cavalry support it got ugly fast.  I don't understand how those Mettenheim war parties can be so dang EFFECTIVE.
  5. My Let's Play of Prophesy of Pendor; tips for newbs and veterans alike!

fidoman1272 said:
    You got the D'Shar wrong :sad:

Their cavalry sucks. I put them up against some young noble adventurers once. Not a mistake I'll make again.

They're like the Fierdsvain; they drag you into the bushes with their infantry on a late friday night, then brutally rape you. Their archers are worth nothing. Their infantry will kill more people at range with their war darts.

Their cavalry is like that retarded horse from family guy, if anyone has seen that episode.

The D'Shar have very lethal infantry, their upper tier is wicked fast and they cut you to bloody pieces in seconds.  Their archers are okay, usually they deal some damage/death.  Their cavalry (besides Windriders) are usually pretty squishy, easy to kill.  The windriders have no fight stamina, just like the wind, you hit them with a solid block of KotEG morningstars and they drop like flies.

The Fierdy archers are far more effective as infantry in my opinion, they kill more of my men hand to hand than at a range.
  6. Red Lilly Knights ... Ever heard of them ?

There was one minor Knighthood that was founded that I couldn't tell you what their names were, but they were pretty good surprisingly.  They were decent with their light crossbows and packed a decent sword and shield.  Good horse, and some excellent armor (I can't remember the names of anything, this was months back).  They were founded in Dagon Castle.  After nearly 200 days, the place was loaded with the Knights, and I captured Dagon for my first fief (I was trying to earn my Qualis gems through war, not go get the freebies).  I steamrolled the Fierdy armies (who had Dagon) with those knights.
  7. My Let's Play of Prophesy of Pendor; tips for newbs and veterans alike!

Friend of mine was told his voice was like a river of chocolate.  Yours, is an ocean of chocolate.
  8. Most funny experiences

The time a bandit spawned inside a house during a "Save the town" battle, with only his head poking out.  He was the last one alive, and received a mere 8 KotEG bolts to the face at the same time.

Let's see....

I was knocked out in a siege by an arrow being fired up from below and it hit me between the legs.

The time I saw Eyegrim the Devourer's army with not a single original troop remaining (he was in game 400 days approximately).

When I first started out I thought the Jatu were the scariest enemies ever as they tore clean through my men, even Halberdiers/Pikemen.  Then I got Silvermist Halberdiers and EG Hammers, now even their armies are a laughable threat. 

My first skirmish with Ravenstern troops when I first started and knew little of battle tactics.  It was a minor lord, he had been in a few fights so only had fifty men, a mix of almost entirely Rangers and Kierguard, with 10 Knights.  I had 40 strong mercenaries, so I felt pretty confident.  30 seconds after the Rangers started firing I lost 15 of my men, was KO'd, and proceeded to lose all of my men.  Let's just say to this day the Ravenstern is the last kingdom I'm willing to fight.  I'd rather face down 100 Shadow Legion.  My worst losses are to the Ravenstern.
  9. How do you guys hold castles/citys when you're "undermanned"

I get my rune bow or equivalent powerful bow, load up my inventory with arrows (yay new version access to inventory in sieges!), and just FIRE.  After I dry out my arrows, I usually have singlehandedly slain 150 enemies, and my KotEG (I have 50 in all of my fiefs) have held the line with only the fodder taking any considerable losses.  I've held a castle with 150 garrison against 1200 Sarleon troops.  Battlesize was 150 (I also had high tactics).  I lost 40 men (only 8 KotEG), the enemy lost 800 some.  They were so badly mauled over I returned to my main fief, gathered my army, and proceeded to take all of western Sarleon, leaving only Marleons, Laria, and the two castles around them to Sarleon before peace was reached.
  10. Knock knock. Who's there? Syla Uzas.

Carlos Danger said:
    Nikomakkos said:
    Carlos Danger said:
    Also, I defeated Syla on the field...but, like every other unique spawn, he escaped...

You should invest heavily in Prisoner Management.
    Its at about 4, thanks for the tip.

Mine is only 3, and they actually never escape me.
  11. Opinion: Which City to start with

I always start with the Fierdsvain, simply because I love taking them over.  My first city is usually Valonbray or Windholm, never Javiksholm.  Valonbray is secure, with a considerable distance for enemies to cover, all the time under heavy fire.  It's on a peninsula on a far side of the map surrounded by other fiefs to hand over to vassals.  Windholm is not quite as defensible, but I love the idea of starting from a coastline and just watching as my Kingdom color slowly grows over the map.  Windholm gets formidable quickly because I usually build a KotG order there, and they can hold a ladder like no tomorrow, with Silvermists or KotEG tearing up the enemy.  Territory wise, Windholm is nice because you have castles surrounding it, easy to grab, and the villages sell a LOT of food, perfect for an army in full blown war mode.
  12. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Adrale said:
    I always keep an eye on my horses hp and hop off if it gets critically low. I try to do it near some stray horse so I can remount. I get clobbered on foot.

Get a really big stick to poke horses with, or time a two hander right, and you won't get clobbered anymore.  XD
  13. Bounty hunt

The KotEG mission is the worst, your only option is to hunt Noldor as most Red Brotherhood spawns can get rare late game.  And well the Noldor....  *galloping along on horse, 80 arrows come whizzing from across the battlefield, shield breaks, arrows to face*
  14. Which Knghthood Order would suit me?

KotEG.  The Hammers literally bring cavalry to a standstill, bludgeon the crap out of them, and allow the Knights to deliver a painful crossbow bolt right between the eyes.  Earlier today actually I took out a Mystmountain army (smaller, about 700) with only 90 KotEG and 60 hammers.  2 losses on my end, 700 on theirs.  Then in sieges the KotEG have the ammo-stamina to really cause some pain, then can go right up the ladder and keep up the slaughter, or can stop enemies from even reaching the ladder.

I then back up the KotEG with the Griffons, as they pack some serious hurt while still being rather versatile in battle, doubling as a very effective combo with the Hammers.

One strategy of mine is a KotEG line of arches, keeping the Griffon Retainers mounted, dismounting my Griffons and mixing them with the Hammers.  The stopping power of the Hammers and the Griffons murderous blades was AWESOME.  I've never seen Heretics die so quickly.
  15. Those moments that make you proud of your men.

I'm at war with the Fierdsvain.  I love taking them as my first conquered kingdom when I first begin my kingdom.  So I have just started a KotEG order, and I have 30 of them, combined with 50 EACs and 50 Ravenstern Rangers, and 40 heavy cavalry, Rogue Knights mainly.  (Battlesize 250)  I fought against 3 of the finest Fierdsvain Lords with a total of under 450 men.  I can never remember their names, but there were Vanskerry Jarls, Adventurers, and a WHOLE lot of Valkyries from them. 

The battle begins, we're roughly even number wise thanks to a high tactics skill.  The enemy pops over the first hill... and a Lady Valkyrie gets a crossbow bolt in the face immediately.  It was a bloodbath.  The entire enemy cavalry wave (the first one) was decimated in seconds.  The Adventurers and Valks were slaughtered as soon as they charged.  After the second wave my troops were out of ammo (not a single death or injury), so I ordered a mass charge.  The cavalry broke apart the fresh Fierdsvain wave, and the KotEG led the charge that mopped up the rest. 

In total, 430 Fierdsvain lay dead on the field... and I had two wounded.  It was a good day.  :grin:
  16. What is your favorite Knight order?

Arcanum said:
    krisvk said:
    I actually like the Windriders, they're very deadly, especially in large numbers or in armies full of cavalry.

A KO should be deadly even by themselves. Ravenstern Horsemen are deadly in large numbers too.

Windriders are squishy in my opinion.  They hit pretty well, but usually, anything that hits back kills them.  I've seen my Silvermist Halberdiers slaughter Windriders and Dustriders with only one loss.  There were fifty Windriders, and thirty Dusts.

I like combining the KotEG and Silvermists.  KotEG are brutally effective, devastating the enemy at long range, and packing a serious punch up close (they act as my infantry usually).

The Silvermists meat grind my foes into the ground, and the KotEG mop up what's left.  They're a fantastic team, although they despise one another.
  17. Melitine Empire is not in the game or am i missing something?

Just had a serious Melitine force land, they have roughly 300 and were actually pretty formidable.  Killable without losses, but that's the effect of EACs and Silvermist Rangers side by side.  Anything becomes killable no problem.
  18. Sarleon destined to crumble?

I've had games where Sarleon was an unstoppable blitzkrieg, wiping out the Empire and D'Shar within a year.  Most of my games they hang on, maybe take a castle, lose a castle, but stay pretty consistent.  Whenever I merc for them or against them they usually don't fare too well in battle unless I'm helping a lord with elite troops, like Baron Ealdred with his vicious Pendor Greys.

Usually the Fierdsvain dominate for the first 150 days (like my current one where they control all of the D'shar lands west of Singal and Singal itself), but get utterly crushed once they get triple teamed.  It's a bloodbath, and of course I took advantage of it and have carved out a large chunk of land for my kingdom.
  19. The mod seem nice but is it buggy? how is the performance?

For something like this, we have a sticked Quick Questions and Answers thread.  You'll get a response far faster, as most people who are mod regulars go there to answer questions.

This mod, as placenik said, is more stable than native in my experience.  It is difficult, but the challenge is worth it.  It has a massive variety of features and makes a lot of native things far better while adding a plethora of new parts of the game.  Play it and find out for yourself.
  20. PoP: "A Kingdom Divided" Roleplay

Arcanum said:
    I think for the most part they stick to the forests since their buddies the Silvermists got stomped.

We certainly wouldn't say no to another player though, play what you want.

Alright, I'll contemplate.  After September ends I'll make a final call, but my life is too crazy at the moment to really dedicate any significant amount of time to an RP.
Back
Top Bottom