Search results for query: *

1. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Well, that explains why Sarleon declared war on me...the very first fief I ever took was Seven Cross Castle. It was held by the Empire (who you always start at negative relations with anyway) and I saw Sarleon troops leaving there, with only 40 Empire troops at the garrison. I figured there would never be a more opportune moment for my fledgeling army to claim territory, so I took it and started my own kingdom. Luckily, the Empire was at war with literally everyone else and offered peace after one failed attempt to retake it. (I figured they were just too busy to deal with me and wanted a garauntee I wouldn't take more of their territory. It wasn't for some time into my war with Sarleon that I realized Seven Cross was probably a Sarleon keep originally, taken by the Empire, and then taken from the Empire by me.

I suppose I could let the D'shar have their one castle back (although the vassal I gave it to won't be very happy, since that's his only fief) and see if they'll make peace with me then. Frankly, I'm just sick of their constant raiding of my villages, chasing them all over my borders, and dealing with their lightning fast skirmisher cavalry. I've never lost a battle, mind you...they're just annoying. And Ravenstern Rangers go through ammo so fast x_x
  2. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Does capturing lords have any impact on making peace, or am I better off just letting them go to get Honor? Because I think I had maybe an in-game week of peace after destroying Sarleon (King Ulric still said it wasn't in his interests to make peace with me when he only had a single castle left) before the D'shar declared war on me for absolutely no reason.

I've tried being more defensive this time, because I don't want to move into D'shar territory yet and want to build up my newly founded Knighthood Order before I go back on the warpath, so I've only taken a single castle at a natural chokepoint to better defend my territory and have just been fighting off their raiding parties that keep trying to burn down my villages (cowards). I've captured a bunch of lords, because I figure if they're in my dungeons, they're not raising armies to attack me, and if their ruler has no armies, maybe he'll broker peace. Turns out, though, that refusing ransoms lowers my honor (because allowing more death and suffering for a handful of denars is totally more honorable...) so I can't just keep them in my dungeons until the war is over. However, the D'shar ruler refuses to make peace with me. WHYYY!?!?

Seriously, how many of your people (soldiers, mind you. I don't raid villages) have to be slaughtered and gain nothing before you decide this war isn't worth the trouble? The D'shar have gained no new territories, they have only successfully looted ONE village (because I was defending my capital under siege and couldn't get away), and have lost literally thousands upon thousands of men. Sarleon did the same before I wiped them off the map. Is the AI really just that dense/suicidal or is there some key to negotiating peace that I haven't figured out yet?
  3. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

noosers said:
    Start acquiring lords. Get your own Gang of Sarleonese and he´ll sooner or later sue for peace.

Just like the Fierdsvain just declared again just when I became bored, so I reckon I´ll extinct them this time or leave them dwindling around with a single castle, just like D´Shar is reduced to Torbah.

Ravenstern lost about half it´s territory to Sarleon, which became bloated up quite a bit and decided to war me - once their fearsome starting armies were gone the Empire joined the fray and is happily destroying them ever since.

Looks like this one will end with Pendor vs The Empire.

I don't want his lords, though. I don't trust them. And my kingdom is too small right now to have lots of vassals. I'll never keep them happy without enough lands to give out. At least...I think so. I dunno. I've never had vassals that weren't companions-turned-vassal.
  4. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

zykox said:
    I agree...no vassalage! In fact, I even hate accumulating RTR at all...you want war? Bring it on!!

You beat a faction bad enough, they still want peace. You're too weak, they're still going to declare war on you. They're all a bunch of bastards.
    Though Koningur Valdis seems to be the least bastardous ******* in PoP. So I leave him in peace, once I get his axe and have conquered the Fierdsvain.

I dunno, I've been thrashing Sarleon six ways from Sunday (they declared war on me, I only owned one castle that I took from the Empire). Fed up with only defending, I've taken half of the Kingdom of Sarleon for my own, including Sarleon, yet King Ulfric still refuses to make peace with me, says it's "not in his interests" at this time. Well, considering I've sacked your capital, when IS it in your interests? I've asked him for peace pretty much after every major battle, and he still refuses. He's lost half his kingdom and literally thousands of men fighting me.
  5. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Ok, here's a bit of a boggle... I had 11 Honor before I joined the Shadow Legion, then did their quest to win a Tournament as their champion. I won, said I gained honor. Then I did the quest to take out their rivals. Completed, got more Rank Points and standing and Honor. Now suddenly I'm at -13 Honor...

Eventually, my end goal is to create my own Knighthood Order, but that requires a whopping 70 Honor. Honor is hard enough to get WITHOUT randomly losing 20+ for no apparent reason. Anyone have a clue as to why/how this happened? I don't raid villages or caravans or anything like that.
  6. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

So, through careful management of my troops and a HELL of a lot of running around the battlefield on horseback with a lance, I finally managed to whittle down Maltise's Dread Legion! You bet your ass I desperately wanted that Qualis Gem. However, after slowly, painstakingly, and patiently lancing 800+ of her stupid godlike super soldiers...the ***** escapes the battle. No Gem for you!

Is there some stupid thing I can edit in the files to change their chance of escape after the battle? Because I'm f****** pissed and I deserve my reward for single-handedly saving Pendor from the Dread Legion. -_-
  7. WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

I feel like a tool, but I figured out what the problem was. I've been playing the Silverstag mod, which requires you to launch the game via the WSEloader.exe, and I created a shortcut on my desktop to it and renamed it to just Warband. Starting through that instead of Steam had become second nature so I didn't even think about that until this morning. Started the game through Steam instead of the shortcut and it ran just fine.  :oops:
  8. WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

Ok, I found it. There's nothing in it at all.

Starting new log file.
    Version:  1.153

That's literally everything in that file.
  9. WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

I've redownloaded and reinstalled the mod. No change. I don't know where to find the error logfiles, I'm afraid, so I can't check that.

System specs:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    AMD Phenom 9950 Quad-Core Processor ~2.6GHz
    6144MB RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
    Driver version: 13.251.0.0
  10. WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

So I read about this mod and saw people had a lot of good to say about it and it looks really impressive. Unfortunately, I can't play it. I've been playing Silverstag without issue, but when I try to start a new game with this mod, it runs through the loading screen until it gets to "Launching Game" and then hangs up forever until I get the "Not Responding" situation. I can load into the Tutorial just fine. I can load into a Custom Battle just fine. Played both, won, and returned to main menu without issue, but every time I try to Start New Game, the game stops responding. I've checked the "Load Textures on Demand" box, Force Single Threading is unchecked, my copy of Warband is through Steam, so I know it's up to date (1.15:cool: and I downloaded PoP v3.611 from Nexus.

No custom modding done. I just installed and launched. No dice. I haven't been able to find anyone else having this issue (most "Not Responding" reports I've read are very late in the game, not right at the beginning), so I have no options left but to ask. Can anyone please help?
  11. Banner and Flag Standardization Pack (now supports M&B v1.011 & Warband v1.105)

So I made my banner using the provided template, saved it in the std_banners_f, but every time I try to launch the game, I get an error message saying it can't load resource/std_banners_f.brf. Ergo, no custom banners for me...what's wrong?
  12. Game crashing with custom banners

So I went and found the "unofficial tutorial" for including my own banners to the game. I remember it being an obnoxiously difficult and roundabout process from the last time I played this game about a year or two ago. Convert the DDS file, edit image, convert back to DDS, rename to banners_f...
  13. Cannot see friend's server

I've never heard of Hamachi.
  14. Cannot see friend's server

We've all forwarded the necessary ports. We've all combed these forums for answers and tried all the various workarounds we could find. Nothing works.
  15. Cannot see friend's server

Hey all. I posted this in the stickied topic at the top, but that was months ago and has been ignored since, so I'll repost it here. I'm having a similar problem, but not identical. I see plenty of servers online, and I can join them even. However, I couldn't care less about random games with...
  16. Warband Main Server Problem (Resolved)

I'm having a similar problem, but not identical. I see plenty of servers online, and I can join them even. However, I couldn't care less about random games with random people. I only intend to play multiplayer for the purpose of using Battle Time! with myself and two friends. We all see all the servers, we can join any of said servers, however, when one of us tries to *host* a server, it doesn't appear in the list, so the others can't find it. We've tried with both the Native and Battle Time! modules and I've combed these forums as best I could for an answer and have found nothing.

Please help.

edit: for the record, we all bought the game via Impulse and we're having the exact same issue with Fire and Sword, which we all got on Steam.
Back
Top Bottom