Search results for query: *

1. asterix 2010

NEW v.1.5 OPEN Beta

i dont see anything about downloading both folders...

in other matters to put is as simple as possible: THIS MOD IS AWESOME
  2. asterix 2010

NEW v.1.5 OPEN Beta

oooooooh... :oops: :oops:  i thought they were both download links to the same file :lol: :oops: :lol: thx guys
  3. asterix 2010

NEW v.1.5 OPEN Beta

yes he did get me the link

however, when i tried to start a new game i got the error message "could not load Textures/officer boots speculaur" any help would be appreciated
  4. asterix 2010

NEW v.1.5 OPEN Beta

hey everybody, its been way too long since i posted on the forum. i hate to say it, but after 3 1/2 years i wasnt feeling M&B like i used to. but after bannerlord announcement (1776 2!!!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:) ive been feeling a onrush of M&B fever. im requesting a download link to v 1.5 since i still onsider myself a supporter after all those years. im completely fine if you dont send me a link, but it would be much appreciated if you gys do, THX everbody who developed this mos, i cant tell you how much it means to me and if i ever do mod, gabby will be my inspiration for it.
  5. asterix 2010

The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

i would like it if the lords moved around. game is too boring when you have nothing to do. stopped playing the mod for that and only that one reason
  6. asterix 2010

Athenian army

mjrlong said:
    The Macedonian phalanx was the strongest method of warfare within the time period, in terms of straight strength. From the front it was practically invincible, a lean mean meat grinding machine. The advantages the Romans brought with them were tactical flexibility and depth of formation. The Tris aplex (though largely outdated in roman warfare) brought the ability to move individual units, and coupled with the roman reliance on the initiative of junior officers made a very adaptable army. The Macedonian phalanx is capable of highly complex moves, see Alexander the greats persian campaign for example. It just takes a very skilled general to manage it, while the roman counterparts could 'get away with' a far lesser degree of skill because responsibility and flexibility were built into the very system. The larger degree to with roman officers were spread out across the battlefield (Tribunes, Centurions ect) rather than kept with the general as a companion unit as was Hellenic custom made the roman army more controllable on the fly 

Edit: Also the romans were epically poor at ranged warfare, with the exeption of field and siege artillary, making it unlikely that they bombarded them at all, they would have drawn the macedonians onto uneven ground and broken the formation up, allowing close, small scale actions to develop, which the better roman training and equipment was perfect for

edit: the romans also had cavalry. attacking from the front was suicidal but anywhere else and you can easlily break the fromation and win and thats exactly what cavalry did
  7. asterix 2010

[B] Warriors of the Gods

when will you guys put up the link for the next release?
    sooooooooo ready for it!!
  8. asterix 2010

[Clan][EU Based] Takeda Clan: GOOD roleplay story means high place

i would like to apply to the clan

Name: asterix
    Which samurai recruited you: i decided on my own
    What type you want to go: Katana
    What brought you to the Takeda lands(Roleplay question): i was born in the lands of the takeda, but soon after my 7,th summer my family moved to kyushu. i was given a basic education and taught how to fight with my weapon of choice, the sword. i have alwayse wished to see a takeda shogun and fight in thier glorius armys. every day i looked upon our samurai with honor. and every night i dreamed of fighting for the takeda. one day shingen was strolling through or village when shinobi attacked him. i grabbed my sword and ran in. though sustaning injuries, i manged to hold back the ninja and kill them. afterwards daimyo shingen asked me if i wanted to be in the takeda army and i gladly accepted
  9. asterix 2010

(Brand New) Uesugi Clan!!!!!!!

new news,

Due to the fact that no one as singed up for the clan, i am officially disbanding the clan. any requests will not be replied to
  10. asterix 2010

Star Wars Conquest - 0.9.0.3 Release 27th June / New Teaser 3rd August

also, how do you recruit mandalorians and wookies and that sort of stuff?
  11. asterix 2010

Star Wars Conquest - 0.9.0.3 Release 27th June / New Teaser 3rd August

is there a new topic for this mod? is 0.9.0.4 released?
  12. asterix 2010

Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

i would prefer the era fromepisodes 4-6. like that era personally
  13. asterix 2010

1776 VIDEOS ...and video-Stories

i really want to start a 1776 video series. a sort of sequel to my 1755 vid. takes place in 1776. will give a more detailed description later. but i cant do the vids without the continental staff uniform. i downloaded v1.0 thinking i had solved the problem but found the uniform was still invisible. is there something i did wrong or is it still a bug?
  14. asterix 2010

Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

somebody should make a star wars mod for warband
  15. asterix 2010

The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

Roach XI the Magnificent said:
    asterix 2010 said:
    2 redo the persian armors, they look Absolutley Terrrible
    Care to explain why? Surprised to see armored Persians?

i just dont think there historiclly accurate. very few persians wore scale armor.he armor shoud look somthing like actual persian armors. and i just dont like them
  16. asterix 2010

is this mod dead?

CppCoder said:
    yellowmosquito said:
    I had no idea my every move was being watched so closely.    :shock:

I'm sorry to break your heart, but there hasn't been any official progress on 1866 since April of 2011.  1866 isn't dead, just finished.

I've been working on 1866 since 2007.  Somewhere in 2010, our development pace slowed substantially, and the other main contributors were getting busy.  So I asked to take over 1866 from Highlander with the goal of bringing 1866 to its final state.  Nobody was really sure what "finished" was.  So I worked with the team to define a deliverable, and then I tried to get everyone on the project to finish and be responsible for their parts of the mod. When my parts were finished, I put as much time as I could into finishing up things for other people or working on many bugs that had no owners.  I know it sounds strange, but for the first time ever, our goal was to finish.

In the final version of 1866, we were able to get the vast majority of our wish list crossed off.  Sure, there are parts of the game that never became what we wanted them to, or bugs that we missed, and I apologize for those.  We just couldn't get everything, but we did our best. Despite those few issues, I'm very happy with what we were able to do.

I enjoyed working on 1866 more than any other software project I have ever been part of, and I still miss working on it.  It is a shame that we couldn't make money modding, because working on 1866 full time would be a dream come true for me.  In reality though, it just isn't possible for me to put more time into 1866 with my other jobs and responsibilities.  I gotta pay the bills and live my life, if you know what I'm saying.  I'm sure the other members on the team feel the same way.  It is very sad, but the time has come for me to move on to other projects.

Thanks to everyone who contributed ideas, models, coding, artwork, music, feedback, inspiration, youtube videos, and anything else that kept development and/or us going.  I'd also like to give a big thank you to everyone who downloaded and played 1866.  I hope you really enjoyed it, and are still doing so.  :wink:

ym

:cry: No warband port I guess.  :cry:

Any chance you'll release the source code?  :grin:
    yea you may not be working on 1866 anymore but i'm sure there are other modders who would be more than happy to port this to warbamd. the mod has so much more potential with warband
  17. asterix 2010

Towns!

idk i would much rather have them working on porting it to warband than this though
  18. asterix 2010

Towns!

good point
Back
Top Bottom