Search results for query: *

1. Vaelicus

Faction Discussions(Poll)

about Iberia:
    http://www.tesorillo.com/hispania/imagenes/hispania7.gif
    to simplify the plot for the mod, there were two main cultures in iberia before carthago and rome invasion:
    in the north and midlands there were celts and celtiberic (mainly celts with local flavour :grin:)
    and in south-east and east of iberia there were the Iberians (mediterranean culture with celt, helenic and fenician influence)
    the iberic peninsula was the first of the continental provinces to be invaded by rome (218 BC) and the last to be dominated (19 BC): two centuries of war and rebelion.

there are a couple of interesting mods for rome tw with a lot of info:
    http://itw.celtiberos.net/archivos/Civilizaciones.php
    http://www.europabarbarorum.com/factions_lusotannan_units.html

Salute!

2. Vaelicus

How to use your sling

i have a couple of "pita" fiber slings, one long (200cm ) and one smaller (140 cm) and i prefer the balearic style.

http://www.tirdefona.org/index.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNimz7JCTiI&feature=fvwrel

slings around the world:
    http://perso.wanadoo.es/hondero/museo.htm
  3. Vaelicus

SUGGESTIONS

SUGESTION:

it is about trooptree but i don't know if it is possible:
    troop tree with two pararel lines of evolution, one that is more oriented to equipment enhancement (you must to invest money to get the soldier to the new level) so when you click on this option, you lost an amount of money. the advantage for this option is that the soldier get better equipment, and it is the way of enhancement for high status men, nobles etc.

the other line is free of investment, and is just based on experience, the soldier get increased skills but a little ehnancement in his equipment. so he become a low status veteran soldier with mediocre equipment.

this could be an interesting way of make elite troops more expensive and more dificult to get

villagers should be more dificult to transform in real soldiers, and in my opinion there should be more options for casual/civil or levyed soldiers (hunters, hillmen, sheppards, etc) with diferences in skills and equipment. and they could evolve in a varied troop tree of mercenaries.

salute!

4. Vaelicus

SUGGESTIONS

LombardoRuiz said:
    I don't know if it will be easy to modify or if people in the forum think the same as me. However, I think that it will be great if robbers, factions lords and any other party in the game, rest in camps sometimes. I mean, it will be very interesting if you can attack by surprise a camp with the double or triple than your army.
    :shock: great idea!

@Thorgil: Thank you! :wink:
  5. Vaelicus

SUGGESTIONS

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

the other sugestion is, sorry if i didn't explain it correctly, that:
    when you are moving through the map, you are traveling, so all the inventory have to being carried by your men/horses/supply wagons
    the idea is give to all that "transport" a presence in the battlefield when you are atacked (you don't have iniciative so you have to engage without being prepared, so you can't leave the cargo in a secure place before battle (the cagro you are carrying must be present in the battle in the form of:
    transport wagon if you have one, or a bunch of bags and inventory that soldiers drop in the place before battle (instead of the normal trunk)

when you are attacking, you have the initiative, so it is supposed that you have leave your inventory/cargo/wagon, out of enemy sight, so adding the wagon or cargo to the battle it is not necessary.

this will give a better logic conection between the map and the field of battle, enhancing inmersion and realism, almost in a aestethic way.
    sorry i can't explain it better in english, if it is not clear enough i will send you a PM en español :smile:
  6. Vaelicus

SUGGESTIONS

SUGESTION:

when you attack a caravan then:
    Caravan attack scene, with wagons, traders and caravan guards.
    for example, adding a couple of wagons at the enemy's starting possition
    (similar to the player's inventory during battles but with a couple of wagons in the enemy's camp instead)

Add the supply wagon model to the batlefield as "player's camp" instead of the "inventory trunk".
    specially when you are being attacked and you can't escape.
    if you are attacking an enmy party, then the wagon model is not necesary, because you have the iniciative. 

Remove the "inventory trunk", and add a better model: a bunch of stuff (bags, ammo, treasure etc.) instead.
    if you don't have a wagon, then all the inventory should being carried by party members ("personal luggage")
    before battle, warriors drop the extra weight, their "lugage" or load or whatever it is said, and go for fight.
  7. Vaelicus

(BI) Barbarian Invasion Research and Development

Is this Mod alive?
    i was really impressed about factions preview, the project, its models and its aesthetic are great.
    it would be very sad if this is abandoned with all that great job done.

Cheer up!

salute,
    Vaelicus
  8. Vaelicus

SUGGESTIONS

probably Dogs were not used in big battles as a "military unit"
    but as a "casual weapon" in low scale skirmish, like defending villages against bandits, or in hunters/bandits disputes why not?

i think that a dog as companion is cool :mrgreen:
    and having dogs for hunting is nice for me.

if you have a dog and you go to battle, probably he would go with you.
    Although it was not usual, it is natural, specilly for low status characters (hunters, bandits, etc )

Salute!
  9. Vaelicus

SUGGESTIONS

great idea!

it would be great if you could make skirmish/ambush/guerrilla fighting using your own party (fight a larger army without engage in close combat) and retreat without lost morale.
    for those like me who loves light fast troops could be very interesting.

(surprise hit and run is the real nature of skirmish, loosing morale in this way of fighting every time you retreat is not very logical isn't it?) :?:

salute!
  10. Vaelicus

SUGGESTIONS

@Herkles:  good ideas :wink:

another sugestion:
    Pagan rituals for increase relation with your pagan villages acording with the season:
    animal sacrifices, human sacrifices* offered to diferent deities.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Celtic_deities
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Germanic_deities

(*)(before roman ocupation they used to do it, but i don't know if after romans they continue doing it. :?: )

a Druid NPC? (healing, pagan moral, rituals, conversion missions (as herkles sugested), "magic potions" for bonuses (drugs), pagan villages/town relation) :shock:

the missionaries/hired priests or whatever we named them could be managed in the map by a menu similar to spies.
  11. Vaelicus

SUGGESTIONS

- Bandit/Dena/Frank Quests to ally with them and get advantages if you chose the "dark side"
    - more interaction with their camps/landing sites if you have good relation with them.(quest etc)

(this would be an extension of the "hideout interaction expansion" sugestion:

Radnik said:
    - Inventory (crew (garrison), horses, etc)  for ships

- The posibility of visiting Bandits' hideouts, and interact with them, etc. not just attack them (depending of your relation with their faction, and honor rating, etc) 

- independent tribes (something like bandit hideouts but owned by wildmen or barbarian (picts hillmen, etc)

- posibility of having your own hideout (specially for bandit or unlaw characters)

please if i'm giving too much sugestions just tell me and i will slow down the rhythm  :lol:
  12. Vaelicus

SUGGESTIONS

Radnik said:
    another sugestion: Warhounds! :shock:
    there could be a quest to get a Warhound or a hound as companion, following you always, specially when you are hunting. :smile:

ther could be a "hound breeder or master" NPC (for buying hounds) and a hound master mercenary: a light soldier/hunter who lead a number or hounds in battle.

there could be Hunters for hire in some villages (aleatory?) (better atletic skill, tracking, path finding, missile/pole hunting weapon...)

Maybe an "animal empathy" skill as sustitute for leadership when your are buying hounds?
    if this is possible, then a quest to get a wild animal as companion (Bear or Wolf)  :shock: :?:
  13. Vaelicus

SUGGESTIONS

another sugestion: Warhounds! :shock:
  14. Vaelicus

SUGGESTIONS

andristan said:
    so you would go on this quest to like hunt a boar and if successful you would get relationship + with that faction/s of that religion or something?
    not exactly, i sugest in general that there could be ritual/religion quests.

one idea could be hunting a sacred animal (Bear, big boar or something like that) in a certain way (for example nude with a ritual weapon) as a ritual/test to prove your valor in celtic cultures. something like an initiation ritual.

in other words i mean doing a quest with ritual meanings acording to the culture/religion values.
    so when you want to change from 1 religion to another, or in some special situations, you must doing a ritual quest wich involves some personal implication, instead of just clicking a button or just paying money.

this quests and rituals could be used to increase your relation with a village/ town etc too, or to get some advantages with a faction/NPC/village/town of that religion
    or to get religious position in that comunity,
    or to get the support of a local tribe/warband,
    special items like ritual body war-paintings or something like that. that could make a more logical way to get ritual bodypainting and some other items that are ilogical to find in a loot.

sorry if i don't explain myself correctly it's hard for me to find the words in english.

Salute!
  15. Vaelicus

SUGGESTIONS

Sugestion:
    Religious quests for getting ritual items or convert to a religion (not epic quest to get mythological iterms, but a way to being acepted in some culture/religion and get some advantage)

(for example: celtic body paintings, or ritual clothing/armors, and diferent ritual or sacred items for bonuses in diferent aspects (moral, honor, habilities, etc)
    it is similar in appearance to the quests of the relic and some other quest, but it has a completelly diferent focus, i'm not sure if i have explain myself correctly...
  16. Vaelicus

SUGGESTIONS

another sugestion for alternative/non conventional career:

- being a professional assasin, lord/npc assasination quests as a rogue.
    with a menu with diferent options, similar to the recue of prisoners but for diferent infiltration options, way of assasination (poison, ambush, infiltration and kill him in the meadhall or whatever, etc.)
    (in other words: expanding the "punish the unlaw" quests)
    i don't know if this exist already :?:

Salute!
  17. Vaelicus

SUGGESTIONS

andristan said:
    This is a great idea!
    i agree  :wink:
  18. Vaelicus

SUGGESTIONS

Leaf said:
    Nr. 1

As the know  Brytenwalda has hunting mod , how about making a bit more ( limited ) hunting location s.  From what i see Hibernia and South England has not even a single one ( herd , boars , dears ) etc.  For limited use , a party of wild animals the spawns very rarerly on this locations would make the game world more resembling the dark ages and give the saxon's boars to hunt and such.

I wish that there were : bears, wolfs , foxes to hunt for " furs " to trade.  Would make for a starting caracter life a bit more easily. ( but for that you need new models and such ) .
    Any way meat and furs , experience and weapond's proficencites are to be gained form such encounters and it would be nice to see ( a bit ) more of them, in other locations.
    i love this.
    i usually choose alternate ways of playing the game, and expanding the non-military life and "freelance" alternatives of self-sufficiency should make the game much more enjoyable.

Survival, being a real hunter, making a living in the wild, being self-sufficient without depending on war or conventional trading for survive.
    for example there are some great mods that have developed coding for crafting.

there could be some crafting habs to make basic items/basic weapons from raw materials as furs/wood/iron etc.
    So you could make your own clothing/basic armor, basic weapons, items for trade etc. as a freelance.

probably this is not a new sugestion, but i post it to support the idea.

Salute!
    Radnik

@Idibil: buenas,
    supongo que estaréis un poco hartos de tanta sugerencia, y hasta arriba de trabajo. Siento no poder echar una mano de otra forma.
    un saludo y animo,
    Radnik
Back
Top Bottom