Search results for query: *

1. xrogaan

Bannerlord & Linux Discussion

Has anyone been able to get Harmony-based mods to load?
    Yes, through steam's proton. It's straight forward. I don't know about GOG releases.
  2. xrogaan

Need More Info Full pc crash when playing at random

i cannot get one it deep fries my pc and crashes the whole system and windows automatically restarts
    Sounds like a deeper issue. Maybe with your hardware, maybe software. When an operating system becomes unstable it usually restart, in the past you would have gotten a BSOD.

If you have a faulty hardware, this kind of crash and restart would happen with other games or activities. If it's something tied to the game, and thus software, then you'll need to provide more details as how you play your game. What kind of other software do you run. If you're particularly handy, you could events logs related to the system crashes (it's in the event viewer, under the "windows logs" category).
  3. xrogaan

Resolved Warband launch option is misconfigured on linux

The linked issue has been updated (last month, sorry for the delay) to indicate that the issue should be resolved on valve's side.

The changes in the beta client described in #317 should be fixing this for games run without the SteamLinuxRuntime (but only those games, right now).
    Resolving https://gitlab.steamos.cloud/steamrt/steam-runtime-tools/-/issues/46 and updating to a newer Steam client (not yet released) will fix this for games run with the SteamLinuxRuntime.
  4. xrogaan

Resolved Warband launch option is misconfigured on linux

After a recent steam update, warband will no longer launch (while the configurator will work fine). The issue lies with how to game has been set up, as it's calling the binary (mb_warband_linux) directly instead of the bash script (mb_linux.sh). This has for effect that the binary is unable to...
  5. xrogaan

Warband in Linux

Hello everyone, i have problem/bug:
    i've been playing aroung 30h by now. (I've played more in Windows but i unistalled when i moved to linux), it all go well unitl today when i started playing. Everytime i try to open the inventory, group, etc menu or i start a battle the game crashes to desktop.
    i've tried to change use_odemand_textures_ = 1 to = 0 but it didn't work.
    My OS is Linus Mint 19.3
    We need to know if you play a modded game, your hardware and if you properly installed the most recent drivers for your hardware.
  6. xrogaan

Mount&Blade Warband | OS X and Linux Support

Well then, you have your answer: something to do with either troops or equipment, or something related to those. Tell that to the mod authors, might help them. If it happens before you spawn in the tutorial, then it might be related to the models. Don't know for sure.
  7. xrogaan

I don't know how you're trying to launch the bash file, and I don't remember what I did on my machine. However you should run it through the command line and not steam. M&B doesn't have a DRM, so it should be fine.

If there are libraries missing, you can detected them with ldd. If your system differs from the debian/ubuntu structure, then you'll have to tweak the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable so that the binary becomes aware of your system's libraries.
  8. xrogaan

That's because the library isn't installed on your system. Package name under debian is: libcurl3-gnutls
  9. xrogaan

phallicassortment said:
    I've been experiencing an issue on Linux with the module Legacy of the Dragon https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=380794.15.

The mod loads up normally, but when I press "Start new game game" it says "loading the map" and then crashes.

Other users seem to also have had the same problem, and it seems like it affects Mac users in the same way: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1800248038/1640917196996115981/

rgl_log shows these errors:

SNIP

In the thread I linked above it was suggested it had to do with the mod trying to access files in a case insensitive manner, but it does not seem to be the case, I mounted the modules directory with a case insenstive file system using http://www.brain-dump.org/projects/ciopfs/ and I still got the same error.

Does anyone have any idea of what could be causing this issue?
    You could try running the game in gdb and get a backtrace, it'll tell you where the crash occurs. (More info: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,99405.msg9054018.html#msg905401:cool:

A crash is a critical failure of the software, so the logs produced by said software would be of little value.
  10. xrogaan

Warband in Linux

Maxwell Hall said:
    I played Warband, it crashed, I then copy/paste the contents of the X-sessions file, appears to be a number of errors present do you guys know what it means?
    [snip]
    I'm using the opensource drivers that's inbuilt into the kernel. What are these PPA patches that I can use?
    Which distro do you use? The content of the xsession-log file is useless to us, all that is requried is the part directly linked to the game. It should be present in that file, or in the steam log in /tmp/dumps/
    But before that, we need to know which distro you uses and what drivers you have installed. You need to install your GPU's drivers, which should come with xserver-xorg-video-all on a debian machine (or derivative).

Grank said:
    comradegarry said:
    It could be your graphic drivers; some newer mesa libraries have bugs dealing with older games(e.g. counter strike 1.6), try using ubuntu default graphics drivers(mesa) if your using those drivers then try current+patches PPA or the closed source AMDGPU ones (I've ran into problems with the closed source ones so be warned).
    Can you tell me which mesa version you recommend for Warband? I checked mine and the default version that goes with the OS is 11.2 (I have 18.0.5 installed).
    Personally I use stretch backports (18.2.:cool:, and everything works just fine.

The reason I said it is better to use the latest version available to you is because mesa changes all the time, as per https://mesa3d.org/relnotes.html. And also because distro like debian have a very old mesa in their repo  If you want to know what changes between you current version (18.0) and the next one (18.1), just check the release notes. Sometimes, you get surprises (only took 10 years for that one) :smile:

To answer you question: the one that works for you. If the game function, why would you want to change anything?

The commit listed as an example can be found in version https://mesa3d.org/relnotes/18.3.5.html and https://www.mesa3d.org/relnotes/19.0.0.html.
  11. xrogaan

Warband in Linux

comradegarry said:
    Maxwell Hall said:
    Sure I'd love some help, found some time to play today and keep getting CTD, it's basically unplayable for me ):

I'm using a RX 580 GPU, ASUS 370x Pro-Prime Mobo, 3200x flash, G Skill 3200x Flare-X RAM 2 8gb sticks. I'm running Ubuntu MATE 18.04. Running up to date Steam and Mount and Blade, using Brytenwalda 1.41, the original version.

It crashes when changing scenes as said like leaving a city or entering a battle. It also crashes quite often when I press the "load" button. I'm not sure if it'll help, but I launched the game through the terminal, and I might have gotten an error message at the end, I'll copy/paste here just in case it's helpful:

:~$ steam
    Running Steam on ubuntu 18.04 64-bit
    STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
    Pins up-to-date!
    [2019-04-13 15:40:17] Startup - updater built Feb 18 2019 22:08:53
    Looks like steam didn't shutdown cleanly, scheduling immediate update check
    [2019-04-13 15:40:18] Checking for update on startup
    [2019-04-13 15:40:18] Checking for available updates...
    [2019-04-13 15:40:18] Downloading manifest: client-download.steampowered.com/client/steam_client_ubuntu12
    [2019-04-13 15:40:18] Download skipped: /client/steam_client_ubuntu12 version 1550534751, installed version 1550534751
    [2019-04-13 15:40:18] Nothing to do
    [2019-04-13 15:40:18] Verifying installation...
    [2019-04-13 15:40:18] Performing checksum verification of executable files
    [2019-04-13 15:40:19] Verification complete
    crypto.cpp (2173) : Assertion Failed: rsaKey.IsValid()

It could be your graphic drivers; some newer mesa libraries have bugs dealing with older games(e.g. counter strike 1.6), try using ubuntu default graphics drivers(mesa) if your using those drivers then try current+patches PPA or the closed source AMDGPU ones (I've ran into problems with the closed source ones so be warned).
    There is not really closed source AMDGPU drivers, unless you run very old hardware. AMD chose to unify their drivers with the opensource one, minus the firmwares. You almost never want to run older drivers.
  12. xrogaan

Warband in Linux

Maxwell Hall said:
    Is that what you meant when you said "backtrace"? I read what you wrote but didn't understand it.

I hope M.ArdA_TaleWorlds can provide some assistance. Might it be worth trying to play Warband through Wine?
    Sorry of the late reply. No, that isn't the backtrace.

A CTD means something wrong happened with the game proper, maybe you lack a driver or maybe you found a bug. Maybe you are using a buggy mod too. The log you've shown is the steam log, not the game's log.

When you start your game, it's log should be sent to your ~/.xsession-errors file, along with all other graphical software's log. You'll most probably find out why the game crashes in that file.
  13. xrogaan

Warband in Linux

Maxwell Hall said:
    Sure I'd love some help, found some time to play today and keep getting CTD, it's basically unplayable for me ):

I'm using a RX 580 GPU, ASUS 370x Pro-Prime Mobo, 3200x flash, G Skill 3200x Flare-X RAM 2 8gb sticks. I'm running Ubuntu MATE 18.04. Running up to date Steam and Mount and Blade, using Brytenwalda 1.41, the original version.

It crashes when changing scenes as said like leaving a city or entering a battle. It also crashes quite often when I press the "load" button. I'm not sure if it'll help, but I launched the game through the terminal, and I might have gotten an error message at the end, I'll copy/paste here just in case it's helpful:

:~$ steam
    Running Steam on ubuntu 18.04 64-bit
    STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
    Pins up-to-date!
    [2019-04-13 15:40:17] Startup - updater built Feb 18 2019 22:08:53
    Looks like steam didn't shutdown cleanly, scheduling immediate update check
    [2019-04-13 15:40:18] Checking for update on startup
    [2019-04-13 15:40:18] Checking for available updates...
    [2019-04-13 15:40:18] Downloading manifest: client-download.steampowered.com/client/steam_client_ubuntu12
    [2019-04-13 15:40:18] Download skipped: /client/steam_client_ubuntu12 version 1550534751, installed version 1550534751
    [2019-04-13 15:40:18] Nothing to do
    [2019-04-13 15:40:18] Verifying installation...
    [2019-04-13 15:40:18] Performing checksum verification of executable files
    [2019-04-13 15:40:19] Verification complete
    crypto.cpp (2173) : Assertion Failed: rsaKey.IsValid()
    That's the steam log, it has nothing to do with M&B and whatever listed in it doesn't show an actual problem. I explained a way to properly troubleshoot CTD on the previous page of this topic, you might want to try it.
  14. xrogaan

Warband in Linux

Maxwell Hall said:
    Should I use Steam to play M&B on Linux? Or is it better to simply use Wine?
    M&B runs natively on linux, why would you use wine?
  15. xrogaan

Warband in Linux

McCoy! said:
    Just came back for a little fun and now the game won't launch in Steam anymore
    I've tried in Debian and SteamOS to no avail

Previously I had the same issue until I created "last_module_warband" file and set Native module. Now this doesn't work

- No mods installed (Debian was fresh steam and game install)
    - No logfile is generated (press play and says running for about 1 second and then nothing happens)
    - Yes...I verified game cache
    - Yes I deleted steam download cache

I feel like there is probably a very simple fix but google search was no help because the update is new and all the fixes are outdated  :dead:
    Check the steam client log file, usually under /tmp/dumps/username_stdout.txt
  16. xrogaan

Warband in Linux

Crnobog said:
    Does Warband x64 linux version can utilize more than 4GB RAM?
    Yes.
  17. xrogaan

Warband in Linux

konsti said:
    So, I got the GDB stuff here:
    Code:
    GNU gdb (Ubuntu 8.1-0ubuntu3) 8.1.0.20180409-git
    Copyright (C) 2018 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
    This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
    There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
    and "show warranty" for details.
    This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
    Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
    For bug reporting instructions, please see:
    <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
    Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
    <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
    For help, type "help".
    Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
    Reading symbols from /media/disk/Games/Mount Blade Warband/game/mb_warband_linux...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
    (gdb) run
    Starting program: /media/disk/Games/Mount Blade Warband/game/mb_warband_linux 
    [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
    Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
    [New Thread 0x7fffefc42700 (LWP 2707)]
    [New Thread 0x7fffe8d34700 (LWP 2710)]
    [New Thread 0x7ffff7fed700 (LWP 2711)]
    [New Thread 0x7ffff7fe0700 (LWP 2712)]
    [New Thread 0x7fffd7fff700 (LWP 2713)]
    [New Thread 0x7fffd77fe700 (LWP 2714)]
    [New Thread 0x7fffc65d7700 (LWP 2715)]
    [New Thread 0x7fffc5d56700 (LWP 2716)]
    [Thread 0x7fffc5d56700 (LWP 2716) exited]
    [New Thread 0x7fffc5d56700 (LWP 2717)]
    [Thread 0x7fffc5d56700 (LWP 2717) exited]
    [New Thread 0x7fffc5d56700 (LWP 2718)]
    [Thread 0x7fffc5d56700 (LWP 2718) exited]

Thread 2 "mb_warband_linu" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
    [Switching to Thread 0x7fffefc42700 (LWP 2707)]
    0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
    (gdb) backtrace
    #0  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
    #1  0x0000000000ed24d8 in rglGraphics_context::initialize_Imp() ()
    #2  0x0000000000ec0dd2 in process_directx_call(directx_thread_call const&, bool&) ()
    #3  0x0000000000ec190c in process_all_directx_calls(bool&) ()
    #4  0x0000000000ec19b2 in directx_thread_step_inner(void*) ()
    #5  0x0000000000ec2089 in directx_thread_step(void*) ()
    #6  0x0000000000ec2127 in directx_thread(void*) ()
    #7  0x00007ffff733f6db in start_thread (arg=0x7fffefc42700) at pthread_create.c:463
    #8  0x00007ffff60fb88f in clone () at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/clone.S:95
    (gdb)
    I just tried to start M&B Warband on the fresh Ubuntu on my ThinkPad and it's working :smile: Maybe reinstalling Ubuntu on my workstation would solve my problem (I did an upgrade from 16.04 to 18.04 and there are probably some relicts in the configuration...)
    Did you install the proper drivers for your hardware?
  18. xrogaan

Warband in Linux

konsti said:
    M.ArdA_TaleWorlds said:
    Callum_TaleWorlds said:
    We put out a 64-bit beta build for macOS and Linux distributions last night in preparation for future updates to these operating systems. You can read more about how to access the build here:

taleworlds.com/en/Games/Warband/News/257

Just got the x64 version from gog and installed it. Sadly it doesn't start though (but the libraries are found without any problems and I didn't have to search for them :party: ).
    Code:
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)
    I tried both Native and VC.
    Any way I could collect more information to help you solving it?
    M&B Warband: 2_044_x64_24980
    Viking Conquest: 2_044_x64_24980

konsti said:
    Here's some system info:
    Got the Warband installation files from gog.com
    Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS 64-bit
    GNOME 3.28.2
    dbus 1.12.2-1ubuntu1
    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 0 @ 3.20GHz
    Nvidia Quadro 2000

You could try running the binary with gdb in order to get a backtrace. Assuming the GOGcom build comes with a bash file named "mb_warband.sh", and within you find a line similar to:
    Code:
    "$PROGRAM_DIRECTORY/mb_warband_linux" "$@"

Replace it with:
    Code:
    gdb "$PROGRAM_DIRECTORY/mb_warband_linux" "$@"

Then launch the game through a console. That will start the gdb interactive shell. You can run the software with the run command and once it segfault enter backtrace. Providing that backtrace alongside your report will give a hint to the developers about what might have gone wrong.

On another hand, if you have the core dump from the segfault, you could upload that instead. The core dump contain a snapshot of the memory state of the software at the time of the crash, which is extremely useful for a software programmer when trying to pinpoint an issue.

References you might find useful. You're not expected to actually debug the software but understanding your tools is good.
    • http://unknownroad.com/rtfm/gdbtut/gdbsegfault.html
    • https://jvns.ca/blog/2018/04/28/debugging-a-segfault-on-linux/
  19. xrogaan

Grank said:
    xrogaan said:
    If the two branches (stable and beta) have the same build id, steam won't download anything. To verify, check the branches listed over steamdb: https://steamdb.info/app/48700/depots/
    Alright. I downloaded the files manually, and so far it's working fine! The game doesn't crash when using mods like before. I'm testing with A Clash of Kings right now, which is the heaviest mod I have on my computer. I will go test with other mods and try to reproduce some CTD scenarios I had later, after I've made sure that the game doesn't crash after a long session.
    You misunderstood. Steam do not need to redownload files already present on your hard drive since the beta branch has the same build id than the stable. The two branches are identical. You do no need to download the stable build manually, it's already present locally.
  20. xrogaan

Grank said:
    Callum_TaleWorlds said:
    The 64-bit patch we recently released in beta has now been pushed out to everyone. If you are experiencing any problems after this update please get in touch with us through a support ticket and we will do what we can to assist you!
    I can't seem to download the patch. I already turned the beta on and off but there's no new download. Turning the beta off should at least download the non-beta files back, but it didn't. Validating the game's files updated only 3 files around 5.5MB, so it seems like I'm doing it wrong. Any tips?

If the two branches (stable and beta) have the same build id, steam won't download anything. To verify, check the branches listed over steamdb: https://steamdb.info/app/48700/depots/
Back
Top Bottom