Search results for query: *

1. saucefar

***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Steam workshop is not required at all and is inferior to moddb and Nexus, but why you might ask?, easy answer. You can't change version when it updates it updates, moddb lists all versions, nexus also list more than one version.

Bannerlord is/will be a game that allows you to freeze a patch so having a specific version of a mod is useful.

Only newbies have never heard of moddb literally provides the biggest modding community ever with total conversion mods made by teams.

It's an insult and a crime not having played such a complete and grand game as Warband proclaim yourself to be a fan of the franchise, no way more like a graphichs whore, people like that avoid games like Warband and you missed one of the best games on Steam period.

If we call Bannerlord a planet then the mods for Warband is a universe, good way to compare content just to cut it out.

I mainly play Bannerlord for being able to create a family and smithing, otherwise i would only play Warband.
  2. saucefar

Just give up and start over at this point

Yeah, no more Early Access please, finish the game and let people play once it's complete, they clearly showed you that they can't handle trying a game early and end up bashing it instead. Stick to the old development method and never do EA again, thank you.

It takes longer to develop a game that is already released and you can get the funding elsewhere such as patreon or kickstarter, you do not need EA, it has does nothing good for your modding community or game either.

Continous updates has ensured many has abandoed their projects and there ain't no guarantee they will ever reinvest into modding again, that would not happen if the game was complete and modders could add content instead of wasting all their precious time on providing updates.

I still think Bannerlord can be saved but it needs 2-3 years investment still and i'll cover it here.

Kingdom management:

We need ministers like in Warband, Chancellor, Treasurer, Castellean, Emissary. Companion patrols suffer from the same problem the AI armies has in Bannerlord, it's trying to do too much and gets nothing done as a result, patrols assigned to one settlement or village is much more effective. (abandoned mod no surprise there)

Diplomacy:

Options such as grant fief, messengers, Let your spouse buy food, pay staff salary, send scouts, send spy, Threaten other factions with war.

Negotiate Mid-siege surrender/walk-out terms if defending your own keeps and towns.

Form an alliance, conclude a defensive pact, sign a trade agreement or conclude a non-aggression treaty with another faction.Change the domestic policy of your kingdom.

Choose between Centralization/Decentralization, Aristocracy/Plutocracy, Serfdom/Free subjects, Quality/Quantity which affects trade income, vassals armies size, AI army strength, relation between king and vassals as well as tax inefficiency.

When asking for a truce you will get the option to pay and/or give fiefs to conclude a truce.

Send emissaries to persuade lords to join your kingdom.

Factions:

The Vanilla game of Bannerlord makes owning your own kingdom very uneffective and troublesome, there are only major factions and no sub or minor factions, so in order to create a kingdom (sandbox) you must go to war with one of the major factions, be a victim of getting snowballed or doomstacked as a result, it is possible just not very fun if i'm honest, the way the patrols work in vanilla is another reason running your own kingdom is a bit of a nightmare where in warband you had a minister to send patrols to villages or settlements in return for gold. One of my all time favorite features from Viking Conquest is the "create your refugee/outpost" , what if the player had an option to build his own settlement instead of going to war ? it start as a village then upgraded to two villages and then you have the option to either build a castle or town.

Smithing:

I love the weapon smithing in this game, and i see no reason why we can't make our own armor either, i want to see this happen before you finish the game.

Gear penalties: Power Draw and Power Throw does not exist in Bannerlord, which means you only have the weight as a drawback to wearing heavier armor on an archer, however there is a perk that can change that. There needs to be permanent penalties for archers wearing heavy armor to make them more vulnerable to charges and melee attacks.

These are the major gameplay features i could think of Bannerlord is missing right now, it has a lot of improvements over Warband but isn't that the point of making a sequel ? i know you put a lot of hard work into this game already, all this can be added within 1-2 years and then you have the best of warband and the best of bannerlord in one game.

After that you can relax and add dlc if you want, i would really like to see Brytenwalda work on another expansion of yours.
  3. saucefar

Is the game considered done?

Diplomacy is non-existent, kingdom management is extremely lackluster compared to warband which makes it less attractive to run your own, companion patrols suffers from the same issue the AI does, it is trying to do too much and therefore gets nothing accomplished.

Smithing is too random when it should be based on the weapon you craft or smelt, it's far too expencive to unlock parts as it is.

There's no ministers that help run your kingdom, they could create patrols and send them off to a settlement which made patrols much more efficient. Treasurer speaks for itself, Chancellor, Emissary and so on, Warband has a lot of tools to work with.

But forget it, just atleast get the mod tools done properly and the modders will do the job for you. Selling the game on consoles, do you really think people would play your vanilla game for 4000 hours or more ? mods alone is the future of all your games, turn your back on them and the community would be a grave mistake.

Don't be another developer that's screwing their community over for some easy profit. i'm just saying it before it happens, you can't blame me.
    Paradox, Bethesda and so on they all sold their souls to the money devil, dead wood, that's all money is, it should have been kept alive.

Money is common and insignificant and yet it still corrupts every human being it touches, you don't need it in your life trust me, the best things in life is free to any man or woman.
  4. saucefar

Patch Notes e1.7.2

Honestly I think that's not on TW. If modders don't have the time to update their mods for every patch they shouldn't make the mod for an EA game in the first place, tbh you shouldn't even be using mods right now.
    Also won't EA make more mods available when the game fully releases and have Steam Workshop?
    And what is the difference between kickstarter, patreon or EA? Essentially the 3 are a way to pay for a game that's not finished and dip your toes in it before everyone else to see how it's looking and maybe give feedback to improve it.

No, Mount & Blade don't need secondary mod communities such as workshop, it has used Nexus and Moddb for every game and it works as it should.

Ea won't make more mods available, it will make mod creators abandon or lose interest which for the most part has already happened, complete games is always better period. That way modders can start adding content and don't have to waste all their time keeping it updated like they do in EA. Never again.

As for support, i don't think the game has any positive changes from EA either. people are blaming the game for their own impatience, that would not happen if the game was being made and completed before it was available to play, EA works for some games, this is not one of them.

Let's not forget a game that is released in EA takes longer to develop than a unreleased game, there's literally no reason to do EA again, i know they did it for funding primarily, get it from kickstarter and patreon.

Also there are many here who haven't touched the previous game, they probably found the information online, so their knowledge on the subject is severely limited.
  5. saucefar

Patch Notes e1.7.2

I see nothing worth breaking my 1.71 mods like Calradia Expanded over for singleplayer, just some crash fixes, it doesn't tell you what downsides it brought with it.

Taleworlds, i hope you learned never to do Early Access again, modders barely have time to update their mods as it is, your old way was better for gamers, modders and developers alike, play it when it's finished not before, this also means modders will only start modding once the game is complete which means they start at the right time so that it doesn't die down before the game is complete.

It takes you longer to develop a game that is released in Early Access than one that is unreleased, just stick to what you know next time.

If you want funding just do kickstarter or patreon, never EA again, it has been a disaster for the modding community which is the future of all your games.
  6. saucefar

Bannerlord... A Few Things Lost While Somethings Gained.

Please learn to dissect your paragraph, there's more than a few things lost, diplomacy in Bannerlord is nonexistent, kingdom management is non existent or lackluster, the game really needed ministers for running your own kingdom, treasury, patrols, policies and much more they add.

But that's all minor things when compared with full conversion mods, something tells me Bannerlord is never getting any, just more difficult to make them due to the graphically advanced engine and lack of proper tools.

If we are to compare Bannerlord against Warband with mods like Clash of Kings, Brytenwalda, The Last Days of The Third Age, Gekokujo, it can go home and pack right now, it doesn't stand a chance with it's nexus mods.

Warband is still the best they have made and it's a complete game which is a rare delicacy these days, Bannerlord offers improvements in inventory, interface and the character progression system (when it works) but this is all nothing compared to mods that offers new worlds and settings within Warband.

With a few more years of development Bannerlord could be truly amazing, and therein lies the problem, it won't get the time it needs to complete and without complete modding tools the game has no future.
  7. saucefar

Your Opinion on TW 'No confirmed information on up-coming patch content' Policy

That´s by far the most stupid thing I´ve ever seen from a company that released an EA game.

Even ****ty companies that released a full game are often able to release a real roadmap.

TWs EA description was and is full of lies. I´ve already said it back then when people noticed that it was just a placeholder game. TWs communication is also on the lowest level I´ve ever seen across different game companies.

At the beginning the white knights always played the "indie company" card, meanwhile this "indie company" made millions of dollars with the EA release. And the communication just got worse since the beginning.

I will never support (buy) any EA game from TW ever again. I just hope that some game magazines will start covering this EA ****show. I mean if they would have sold like 50-100k copies that would be a little bit different...

TW is also only able to behave like this because of their monopol in the genre. Their space game will fail miserably with this incompetence, because it will be compared to other good space games and companies that don´t give a **** about their community.

TW is the opposite of HelloGames.

One of the saddest thing is that TW really thinks they are actually doing a good job when they consider patches like 1.7.1. / 1.7.2 real content updates. And that they think that their communication style is pretty good. They are living on a different planet I guess.

Keep in mind that this "indie game" with all of it´s placeholders, missing features and broken stuff (till today in some cases) back then is/was sold for 40/50€ euros. TW literally sold an alpha version close to the price of a finished tripple A game.

From their POV it´s us that are wrong and not them.

I just hope they´ll license their engine in the future to companies that do care or will just get bought by whoever, can´t get worse anyway. Or that any other company notices the success of Bannerlord (even in it´s state) and start making a similar game but in good.

And of course nobody would start revolting if TW would say:

"Expect feature X in the next patch"
    and
    "Sorry, but feature X won´t make in the next patch because..."

They had the perfect situation after the EA release:

- sold a truckload of copies
    - hype / positive coverage / reviews
    - a dedicated community loving Warband/Bannerlord, just check out all those mods
    - they received (and still receive) tons of good feedback/suggestions

It´s hard to **** up that hard under this circumstances...but that´s the way they choosed

Roadmaps are rarely ever fullfilled so i don't care much for them at all. As long as they finish the game it is more than what any developer can do these days, is all i care about, but i am used to their communication level, people who started with Bannerlord does not know the quality of their previous work so it's easy to upset.
  8. saucefar

Is the game considered done?

I mean they have been patching fixes for a long time now, since we've not heard anything else i must assume they are finishing it up, the game is not ready to be finished up at all, needs atleast 2-3 more years in the oven.

Never Early Access again, just stick to kickstarter and patreon and let people play it when it's finished with some video updates. Having to patch and update a game that is released is much slower, EA has done no favours for the modding community since it died down a long time ago, i'm a believer of playing a game when it's complete and EA has not changed my mind, if anything it has made it stronger.
  9. saucefar

The Viking Conquest of Bannerlord DLC Idea - The Birth of the Roman Empire

Nah, we don't need another Viking Conquest DLC, play Warband if you want Viking Conquest, they're not going to make another dlc so graphich whores can get to play it with eyecandy.

Gameplay/mods>fancy pixels any day of the week.
  10. saucefar

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Still the best mod that has ever been developed for Warband and that is saying quite a lot with all the TC mods competing out there (i smell jealousy). Don't care what you did, don't care what others think you did, it's a "their problem" situation.

I will be missing your work, i can only hope you also support Bannerlord with your awesome modding capabilities when the tools are available one day.

Take care and from the bottom of my keg, thank you for all the hard work you put into Clash of Kings.

Vote: I prefer the books by a country mile, season 6, 7 and 8 was just beyond terrible and it ruined the entire show for me, never watching it again, i'll read the books again gladly.

I had more Game of Thrones from your mod than i did with the show. I could explore content that was never possible in the show, making decisions that was decided before my eyes, and i could make sure the honourable won the games rather than a dragon and a bastard.
  11. saucefar

Does the AI still cheat and know every settlements troop numbers?

There's no point in even fighting the AI currently as they can muster a fresh new 1200 man army in a matter of in-game days, it makes it pointless tbh, luckily there are mods that make the AI recruit the same way you do, which makes the game more interesting.

Cheating AI is not difficulty, it's corner cutting.

I hope next time Talewords don't do early access, so far it has been a disaster, the modding community is drying out quickly because of the continous updates, it may be picked up again after release or it may not, it's better to just make a kickstarter or funding project where your game is released every 8-10 years, instead of gimping your game with early access.

Without total conversion mods this game will not last long.
  12. saucefar

Why isn't there a co-op Invasion game mode in multiplayer.

Play another game if you want cooperative gameplay, the developers have better things to do with their time.
  13. saucefar

Thoughts on the state of Bannerlord, as of 1.6.0

The game has little or no soul, there is a lot of things going on but all of them is too shallow mostly because of the lack of diplomacy, intrigue and other gameplay aspects that give the game depth and was present in previous games like Warband.

In Warband trying to walk before you can crawl as a ruler other rulers would approach you and remind you of your pityful rule, in Bannerlord you can take over the entire (tiny) map and nobody would utter a word about it, hence no soul.

Your actions does not reflect on the world as much as they did in previous games, helping lords and ladies and so on.

There's no right to rule or anything to prevent you from owning a kingdom other than the ai's constant snowballing which they still haven't fixed.

If you are taken captive and are released they can immediately take you captive again and this includes other lords nearby too which means you can be trapped in a captivity loop for a very long time, this is all to do with no captivity cooldown being in place.

It's still far too easy to make money, people whine about trading here but trading was not easy to do in Warband, in Bannerlord i can make a million in less than a hours playtime just trading and selling equipment, i take all the animal perks and also equipment perk.

Always buy goods from villages, i mainly trade animals later on and take the perks for it, animals has no trade rumours but you can make them yourself simply by writing down costs in a notepad, then when you move to another town you sell if there's profit and write down the updated cost after you traded and just rinse and repeat. Never buy anything for profit in towns as the prices there rapidly increase based on supply on demand.
  14. saucefar

We're still waiting for the equivalent of right to rule.

The player kingdom does involve a lot of paying kingdoms to leave you alone - which they accept - and so it becomes trivially easy so long as you have deep pockets. Some sort of mechanic that makes the AI factions consider more than money in diplomacy with the player, if not also each other, would be good.

Don't really think right to rule (as it was implemented in WB, at least) is the right system, though - RtR was something you could farm up in advance, if you cared to, and bypass the system entirely. Something as simple as making the AI see your faction's weakness (one to few clans, etc) as easy territory and refusing peace so long as they think they can take it (eg, not currently busy with a bunch of other wars) might be plenty.

It wasn't difficult to surpass, but it was a stone in your shoe that delayed your rise to power, Bannerlord need just that, it needs some word being shouted in your face and some battles before you can be declared a rightful ruler, there's nothing standing in your way in the current version.

The base game lacks gameplay mechanics such as RtR.
  15. saucefar

What Features Do You Want to See?

Right to Rule, i loved that feature in Warband, even though it wasn't that difficult to raise through your companions, it was a stone in your shoe that prevented you to rise to power too soon, in Bannerlord there's no such thing, you can take over the entire thing without a word being said.

I guess you can call RtR politics and that is what this game need right now, it needs more soul.

Increase relationship with lords and ladies when you fight with them or rescue them in battle, another Warband feature that i sorely miss.

Different successions for each kingdom rather than having all in the game following the same, it's too simple.

War attrition, from fight but also from traveling into enemy terrority to make strategic positions on the map count, Sturgia for example would be a lot better off if the Empire and Khuzait had attrition from traveling through their snowy landscape, important stuff.

The base game is still lacking in terms of gameplay mechanics, if they focus on console too much i know where this game will end up, in the garbage bin unfortunately.
  16. saucefar

i would afriad such feature would be way too complicated for console

if you really wants it you can always mod it yourself
    If console is stopping this game from greatness than perhaps it's best to scrap the idea of making money there.

Mount & Blade is after all a pc franchise primarily and that's what it should focus on.

There is no reason to mod anything in that has been part of the previous games, they will do it it's just a question of when.
  17. saucefar

If you are a real fan you would know that "right to rule" was a thing in Warband and previous games, it's straight forward mechanic as it says it gives you right to rule your kingdom. What would happen if you tried to rule before sending your companions out to increase this stat is that other...
  18. saucefar

Making console port instead of improving EA on PC. Why is it worthless.

Learn to play with a mouse and keyboard, it's far superior and more sophisticated to any gamepad today.

Also they should really scrap the idea of making a console port for whiny fools like yourself and just stick with the platform the franchise was made on.

101 keys on my keyboard, but now when i use shift, ctrl or alt i have a lot more than that, it never sweats in your hands, no discomfort if you position it accordingly to your hands.

I've played on pc for 30 years and sometimes 15 hours a day and i have never gotten to a point where any parts of my body hurt, some people have issues with wrist or mouse arms, that's usually caused by themselves and their position, being too high up or low compared to the desk is bad for you, you should be able to stretch out your arm and more or less line up with the desk while sitting straight.

The second issue can be a mouse too small or too large for one's hand, it's very important to get one that feels comfortable using.
  19. saucefar

[bug fix request] Custom banner code is crashing the game in 1.6 beta

It's not the mods that's crashing the game but the Banner Code itself in 1.6.0 beta, the bug in Bannerlord is caused by banners with multiple icon layers that then crash when you enter trading in any town and try to trade something. I know custom banners was taken out but us who make banner...
Back
Top Bottom