Search results for query: *

1. HomerJay

Steam Workshop doesn't support multiplayer mods

TheShinrog, it seems like you are talking about the first version of the integration with Steam Workshop. Now it downloads modules to "workshop\content\48700\%ITEM_ID%". It downloads the full and 100% correct version of the module. It doesn't add IDs to the module names. But they introduced a strange bug that crashes the game when you open the server browser. Most probably it's just a tiny bug and it shouldn't be hard to fix it.

Personally, I remember 3 versions of the integration:
    • Initial release - multiplayer modules weren't supported at all due to the problem with IDs.
    • New version with bug fixes (wasn't released, was available as beta version) - multiplayer mode worked fine.
    • The gamechanger - the old problems were fixed but the game started crashing in the server browser. It only happens if you run a module located in the new "workshop\content\48700" directory. If you move the module to the old "Modules" directory, everything works fine.
  2. HomerJay

I don't see how it can be a problem of the workshop. The workshop downloads a 100% correct version of the module. If you just move the downloaded module to the "Modules" folder, everything works well. It seems to be a bug of the game client and I'm almost sure that it's easy to fix it. Most probably the developer who implemented the integration with Steam Workshop didn't even try to test multiplayer modules. I remember that the first version of the integration had bugs that would never go unnoticed if the developer would test at least one multiplayer module.
  3. HomerJay

The integration with Steam Workshop doesn't support multiplayer mods for a long time. Players subscribe to a mod, download the module files, start the game, open the server browser and then the game just crashes after a few seconds. If they try to repeat these steps, the game crashes again. The...
  4. HomerJay

Mount & Blade Warband version 1.166 patch (released)

One month has passed since the release. Please, update the dedicated server files. It isn't normal that we need to pick out files from the server of Viking Conquest.
  5. HomerJay

Mount & Blade Warband version 1.166 patch (released)

What about the dedicated server files? The currently available version is 1.158.
  6. HomerJay

Steam Workshop Support [BETA] - GAMECHANGER

Your workaround should work for all players but it cannot be considered as an acceptable solution. Multiplayer modules should work without additional manipulations. It isn't normal that the game crashes. It's very easy to reproduce this bug and it affects a lot of people. Players report this problem regularly but I cannot get any response from TaleWorlds. They don't answer to emails, Captain Lust doesn't answer to private messages, the bug tracker doesn't work for a long time, nobody's going to read this thread. It's a shame that such a serious bug isn't fixed for such a long time. It shouldn't be hard to do it but it seems like TaleWorlds just don't care about it.
  7. HomerJay

Make sure that you specify the icon parameter when you update your module.
  8. HomerJay

usnavy30 said:
    My own problem is I did everything the OP instructed it as such, but when I go to the multiplayer main menu clicking Join a Game it stops working with the windows message Mount & Blade: Warband has stopped working and ends the task..
    I can easily reproduce this bug and some other players reported this problem too:
    I downloaded the workshop version as I'm on a brand new install of windows and thought it might be easier to update the mod, but everytime I launched the workshop version of the mod it would crash when populating the server list. After 9-10 attempts I uninstalled it and installed the regular zip of the mod from the website and it works perfectly.
    it sed it stop working wen i started miltiplayer y! it shut down in 5 sec we i went on it
    game crashes when i open sever browser
    it crashes when i click in the "Join" button (just before list of servers appear
    I have reported the problem long ago, provided Captain Lust with additional information but it seems like TaleWorlds are not going to fix it.

I would report it on the bug tracker but it seems to be not working too:
    bug_tracker_bug.png
  9. HomerJay

A comment posted in Steam Workshop:
    it sed it stop working wen i started miltiplayer y! it shut down in 5 sec we i went on it
  10. HomerJay

I tested the beta version of the new client some time ago and it worked well. But I have a problem with the version that was released on 3 September 2014. Now I cannot join our servers. The game says that they are running a different module.

Moreover, the game crashes when I open the server browser. It shows several items, the game starts doing something very intensive and crashes after few seconds. I can start a non-dedicated server and the module itself works well. I didn't notice this problem when I switched to the native module. I also tried to install my module to the Modules directory and it worked well too. If I start the module downloaded from Steam Workshop, the server browser doesn't work and I cannot join any server.

I have compared the module folder that can be found in "workshop\content\48700" with the "master" folder. The content was identical so Steam downloaded the right version of the module. I tried reinstalling the game too. Sorry but it seems like the released version is bugged.
  11. HomerJay

What are you going to do with installed instances of modules? Players are going to have up to three copies of the same module:
    • Modules\ModuleName
    • Modules\ModuleName - 123456789
    • workshop\item_123456789
    All they will be shown in the list of modules which may be confusing.
  12. HomerJay

Server Problems

Actually I don't get random IDs anymore. I get the same ID every time I join a server. But it's still wrong, it's not my old ID. I hope you can restore the old associations between serial keys and unique IDs or it's going to be a big problem for multiplayer mods with persistent data.
  13. HomerJay

[WB][M] Ballista

I have textured the ballista. I'm not an artist so the texture isn't very cool.
    m_ballista.jpg

We tested the code and it seems like everything is OK. I think I'll add the ballista to the Mercenaries after some testing (and improvements). The module repository is located here: https://bitbucket.org/Homersapien/mercenaries-module Most of the code is isolated in mercenaries_scripts_devices.py
  14. HomerJay

[WB][M] Ballista

xenoargh said:
    You just need this skinned, correct? 

If yeah... I could see trading time doing that nicely for having the code nicely packed up for OSP;  I think a lot of people could use this.
    I just need a mesh and a texture. It's better to make a new great crossbow but also you can make a low-poly variant of the existing mesh.

xenoargh said:
    Big question: can bots use it?
    No, bots can't use it because I'm making it for the multiplayer mode. But I think it shouldn't be very hard to "teach" them how to use it.
  15. HomerJay

[WB][M] Ballista

Hello, I'm developer of the Mercenaries mod (www.mbmerc.com). Now I'm trying to implement a small deployable ballista/great crossbow. The code is almost ready but I'm not an artist and I can't create a good mesh and texture. That's why I'm asking you to make the resources. Mercenaries is an...
  16. HomerJay

MP Tutorial Scenes Scening in Warband (entry point info for all gamemodes)

No, just 0 and 32. Also, you have to place MotF entry points (67-69). Just open Boarding map (for example) and you will see. :smile:

Scening in Warband (multiplayer, entry point info for all gamemodes):
    Arch3r said:
    Entry points:

Battle.
    0 faction 1
    32 faction 2

67 - Master of the Field flag pos 1
    68 - Master of the Field flag pos 2
    69 - Master of the Field flag pos 3
  17. HomerJay

Mercenaries: technical issue

Thank you very much! :smile:
  18. HomerJay

Mercenaries: technical issue

One of our players has a problem, but I can't understand him. Please can someone translate this?
  19. HomerJay

Mercenaries

Вышел новый сетевой мод под названием "Mercenaries". Приглашаю вас принять участие в первой игре (и не только). Описание и инструкции по установке найдете на форуме rusmnb.ru.
Back
Top Bottom