Search results for query: *

1. SKnight

Mid game advice

CrymsonChaos said:
    SKnight said:
    I was in your same position till I gathered a force of 110 Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet showed me the light!!!! combined with Pendor Sword infantry as a filler.... it was slaughter from then on.

Lord.....  That would be absolute slaughter.  The crossbows would punch holes in most enemies.  ._.  I've seen KotEG lines take out Demonic Magni with little problem.

yes on sieges attacking/defending they were a made house of destruction for me... I would beat the enemy down then when they ran out of bolts I charge them in.

I had two gems taken the last time i was knocked out... how i wish i had the silvermist or the gauntlets... can i get both of them in different towns?

Yes, but the ebony gauntlets are best in my opinion..... crossbow/morning star  :smile:  I haven't tried silvermist yet but my new game I might try them.

Also Mordrax before you take your first town/castle  get all of its vilages 30+ relations so when you capture you can have the steward recruit mass amounts of recruits quickly. Higher the relation the better.
  2. SKnight

Mid game advice

I was in your same position till I gathered a force of 110 Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet showed me the light!!!! combined with Pendor Sword infantry as a filler.... it was slaughter from then on.
  3. SKnight

How to fix "Python not recognized..." (now also for Windows 7)

In order for your compiler to work without any hacks or fixes, you must have your Python folder in your Path variable. For an example, if you did install your Python in C:\Python27, then you should add ;C:\Python27 at the end of the Path. Do NOT alter the Path in any other way! As it contains important system stuff, it's definitely NOT recommended. Just add that ;C:\Python27 if it's not there. I think it won't be there, since I had to enter it manually. I think.
    Anyways, notice the semicolon (:wink: that is before the C:\Python27. Entries for different applications are separated with semicolons in the Path variable string, so you should add that semicolon so your OS knows what you're talking about.
    And that's about it for setting Python up.

I was haven same problem with path not recognized then I had reread this and it worked

Environmental Variables

System Variables:

click on PATH, and at the end of it put  ;C:\Python27  or whatever python version you have below 3.0
  4. SKnight

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I own a Town and was wondering if your relations in the villages affect the amount of troops you get when you tell your steward to recruit troops for the month?
  5. SKnight

Too difficult

this mod isn't to hard or to easy, it is just bout right and enjoyable. Hardest mod I have played so far is PoP.

I am glad their are tough spawns out their to fight specially when you are in a faction not at war with another, those spawns can be useful.
  6. SKnight

Why does everybody hate me?

this seems like a late reply but it may help out another.

I was in same situation in terms of getting killed and not being able to afford good troops to win with. So what I did was gather what I can in recruits and follow a 100+ lord around.

I had selected the Empire cause they were at war with D'Shar. It helped out a lot shortly after they started a campaign against D'Shar and I followed in middle of it and every engagement I joined the Empires side and reaped the rewards and went up quickly in denars and was able to afford the good troops from the taverns as well as leveling up.

Also I got Sir Jocelyn and Lethaldiran companions and I striped Lethaldiran of his weaponry and Sir Jocelyn of his armor and my combat efficiency sky rocketed! :smile: 
  7. SKnight

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Nick147 said:
    SKnight said:
    incredible mod and getting better by each version released!!!!

I am though haven trouble getting Noble Troops. I have 4towns 6 castles and I do have a town fully built, and villages as well with temples and sacrifice altars but I am gaining no nobles or faith troops.

Is there something I am doing wrong.....  Also my domestic policy is "Bring more people to serfdom" I believe that's what its called. The first option in that menu. Is there a better policy to have to bring me some Noble/Faith troops
    Build knights chapter

ya. all those are built. I didn't realize it till now my towns/castles are above the reinforcement  limit. that was my problem :/
  8. SKnight

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

incredible mod and getting better by each version released!!!!

I am though haven trouble getting Noble Troops. I have 4towns 6 castles and I do have a town fully built, and villages as well with temples and sacrifice altars but I am gaining no nobles or faith troops.

Is there something I am doing wrong.....  Also my domestic policy is "Bring more people to serfdom" I believe that's what its called. The first option in that menu. Is there a better policy to have to bring me some Noble/Faith troops
  9. SKnight

Imperium Romanum (Brytenwalda Submod)OLDTHREAD

cerumen said:
    I can Run crysis 2 on highest setting but not mount and blade ? I lowered some settings but it still crashes, and its totally random when I get the CTD.

I really like this mod but can't play knowing that it might crash at any second.

have you tried without putting in the Polish Landscape? I know once I didn't include that into it it started working or maybe you had it installed wrong?
  10. SKnight

thxs for the reply Vympel...

It is working for me now and haven a blast playing.

I reinstalled everything and when I moved over 1.9 i left out the Polished Landscapes so I think I was probably doing something wrong with that?

At the moment I do have a gameplay question which regards rest for my troops and that is how? I tried sleeping in town, making a fort, and waiting for some time but it still wont go down on the there Morale standing with me.  :sad:
  11. SKnight

Hi I seem to be getting CTD when I after killing the guy at start or when selecting which city to start at.

I have removed Brytenwalda and installed it again to make it clean and copied over 1.9

any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?
  12. SKnight

Useful tips to players

Brooder said:
    Trailerpark said:
    Playing as a Soldier is easy. You just dont make that much profit.

How can you afford the troops needed then? They tend to die fairly easily unless you have some really expensive ones.

use Sweden Marksman Merc's  and buy Pikeman from the Taverns. very cheap and effective army at start.
  13. SKnight

Hussar armor

Allegro said:
    It's the coolest thing ever but it prevents sight thus makes it undesirable :smile:

I dont know what can be done about it, just wanted to share.

Agree!! I bought that armor put it on and when I got into battle I was unable to see anything infront of my character to properly fight!  could got 1st person but I strongly prefer 3rd!
  14. SKnight

Hiring Units Hahahahaha. What Have You Done TaleWorlds?

Tal said:
    2 Sknight
    A rifleman is not someone who own a rifle but someone who know how to use it, in military thinking )

um....  if a Rifleman didn't own a rifle then so much for being a rifleman! and being a Merc at that!

and If a General was issued Rifleman and they weren't issued Rifles but instead Bayonets then id be a pissed off general  :eek:
  15. SKnight

Tal said:
    If units would start with right weapons why would you spend money to equip them... if you dont like equip them just hire mercs at tavern.

you would spend the money to have them better equiped!  When using the Swedish Marksman  with there default gear is decent however If you upgrade there weaponry they are even better!

If you made an order for 500 archers to defend your city and 500 men with pikes showed up you wouldn't be to happy doubt you would want them saying " well you didn't orders bows and arrows with your order of 500archers  :wink:
  16. SKnight

Plant explosives on wall?

Wheem said:
    Mitchmon said:
    all you need is eng, I thought it was going to be real cannons and the walls acually blew up but I assumed too much from the company that made this I guess.
    Game engines have limitations. And really, Arma2 is the only first/third person game with player-usable artillery that I can think of.

Yes true. I have tried using the Artillery on Arma2 but get shot up real quick! =/

It would be pretty cool to have catapults in this game and using it to break down walls.

I think once Formations and AI better able to be command on the battlefield M&B will be more awesome. This game has so much potential ahead of it that it is kinda mind boggling and what they can do..... if done right that is.
  17. SKnight

Mitchmon said:
    yea ummm if you learned why and stopped making stuiped comments it would be nice because its not taleworlds fault its yours for not knowning that and you should be saying sorry I didn't know that to get the items I want I have to customize them.

uhh you are missing his point... what he is saying make sense!

What he is saying  the Infantry has the Gun <--- Ranged Weapon  Marksman has the spear <---- Melee weapon.
    Infantry should have the spear and the marksman should have the pistol.  Regardless of the upgrading of equipment.

Example would be this....    Swadian Infantry equip with a Bow or Crossbow  and  Swadian Archer equip with a Sword/Spear and shield....  =/ even if you had the choice to change the weapons for the units it still cost to do so but they should still be armed with the proper weapons for their class.

madeking said:
    It does depend on where you recruit them from,  from the swede camp, marksmen start with muskets, infantry with pikes.

Those swedish marksman are awesome! I got a full army of them and the kick some serious butt....  IMO they are the best starting Merc's
  18. SKnight

Useful tips to players

SulleDrake said:
    Babaganoush said:
    Okay to add to the caravan thing. I found a VERY VERY lucrative trade route. It might be far, but if your party is large enough, not even the large bands of deserters will bother you when you Ctrl+Space.

Around Kiev and Kalanchak Fortress, you may have the option to sell Spice and Velvet. Spice is more common.

But your target is Narva. Usually with Kiev you get a net profit of *42000*. That's not the typo the game has. That's after expenses.

...If you find velvet at Kalanchak Fortress.. you can buy it cheap around 60 a unit....
    Your net profit at Narva?

I'm rolling in silver.

So you're saying, if I buy velvet or spice from Kiev or Kalanchak send it with a trade caravan to Narva- I can earn that much of a profit?

Also; Would that be pre or post getting the Permit?

you dont buy any of it. When you go to start a caravan they give you the 40 units of velvet at discount in bulk. once you reach the destination you get paid for it.

not sure if you would get that amount but I have had some crazy loses when doing the caravans!
  19. SKnight

Useful tips to players

J Awesome said:
    OK, so is the Trade permit 4500, or 45,000?  It says 4500, but I have 22K, and it's apparently 'too expensive'.  And how much of an improvement is the permit?

Oh, and what does that covered wagon in the camp menu do?

its 45,000  its a typo saying 4500  that's its telling you to expensive
  20. SKnight

Who's going back to Warband?

been playing Mount and Blade since I think .404 release.... I think that was it. There was only 4-5 city/villages total in game and the Dark Knights terrorized the lands! However I am definitely not to pleased with the Fire and Sword release even though it was not developed by TalesWorld it still bares there name therefore they will be seen as responsible to those who do buy it and hate it and can hurt future sales for them.

I'll probably end up playing a bit more just to go through everything I can. With less then few hours I have 74 troops but I am playing on Normal Difficulty and thankfully I am cause like someone else has posted the AI can have some wicked accuracy from across the map with those muskets.

Taking away the ability to create your own nation is a big blow cause this game is made for such whether Talesworld intended it to be or not. I would hope Talesworld is working on that feature and enhancing that with more options for the player such as Recruit Generals cause not all of us want to grind missions for a Lord to like us and join us and I don't know why Warband doesn't allow us to recruit a Lord but regular mount and blade does, creating your own style troops that upgrade to your design, more better diplomacy, and battle formations.  I know there are mods out here for this but just seems for FaS it was not a concern.

But really Warband is far better then FaS however thankfully it is priced at $15 and not $50 like some other BS games out there.

Back
Top Bottom