Search results for query: *

1. The Complete Idiot's Guide to Installing the SVN version of Anno Domini 1257

ntb_15 said:
    But see, that is misinformation. Tortoise is a perfectly stable software. From those 75% (i doubt it is 75%) of the people that report problems, a majority had problems because they did not read the threads carefully and when someone has a specific problem we always try to help them, and almost all the problems reported are not with the software itself, but with the repository were the files are stored (i.e google). This system of distribution is also far superior to the Mb repository because, if the download becomes disrupted or if the mod files become corrupted for any reason, you can always continue the download or replace the corrupted files without the need to download the entire mod again. Since you have not tried the software yourself, your assessment of it is very much unfair and false.

scottyd2506 said:
    This is not complaining, it is just the fact. Calling people lazy or idiot is not going to help anyone. Not directing this at you personally or at all.

This is not fact, it is misinformation. And now with your posts, you may also have helped with spreading this misinformation to anyone new that might have read it.

yours, sounds very much like comlaining, especially because you have grossly exaggerated your points (you only need one extra software).

Again, information on how to install this software and set it up, is clearly explained in the first post of the topic
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,169881.0.html

And yet people repeatadly ask questions like "How do i install tortoise", "how to download the svn version" etc without even reading that post properly (hence the term lazy), and hence ziegler88 generously took the time to make this detailed tutorial with pictures to help them.
    However whenever someone, who has indeed read the original post on how to install the svn, posts a specific problem with setting this up, we always try to help them.

I am sorry if any part of the above post sounded harsh, it was written with the lightest of tone, with the friendliest of intent  :smile:.

Good day, and enjoy your time on the forums and your playthrough with mod  :wink:.

I believe we are on the same page, and might agree on the 95% of things with M&B but seems the 5% we strongly and respectively agree to disagree.

Running a 3rd party program to run a rouge mod is not more stable than a the normal mod modules.everyone uses  this is not "misinformation", it is plain fact.

It is not misinformation to say we should tone the flames down some because people ask questions, because they do not want to read hours through the threads to find a solutions.. you might know it, and know where to read, as you have been there.

I personally read about it for a few hours on how to do it long before the  "Idiots guide" post was put up (it is a good guide), and figured it out. I just declined to used 3rd party programs on my system sometimes as often they can cause problems on down the road on the system.

sometimes you need to forgive people, when they are used to something in one game like M&B module system, and they may have 100's of other games they play.. they may not want to take time to search the forms for hours to find info for one mod for one game like we would.

I know this may sound harsh but-
    When someone puts a mod out that uses an unusual method to install and run it, and people ask questions, don't cry, whine and throw a baby fit about it, when you think they are asking too many questions.. Either live with it or don't work on it..  I know cause I have made mods myself for the public.
      This is not misinformation, it is being considerate to your peers, who by the way enjoy the same thing as you, let us not drive them away by insults.

I still wish you the best, and have a good day.

2. The Complete Idiot's Guide to Installing the SVN version of Anno Domini 1257

Ritter Dummbatz said:
    I think you shouldn't complain. It's a developer version anyway and not for those who just want to play. Those will be served if a download option as usual is provided.

So don't worry and have a good time in the meantime.  :razz:

Thanks you Ritter, I will have a good time. Also I NEVER complained, I just said let us not get flamed up over people asking questions- esp  on something that is either bug ridden, or the source page where it is downloaded from is corrupt..  I am not talking about myself as I have never even tried to download tortoise, but like I said a good 75% of the people are having problems with it, bugy or bad download or maybe their system is not capable of running a 3rd party program while 1257 is running..  This is not complaining, it is just the fact. Calling people lazy or idiot is not going to help anyone. Not directing this at you personally or at all.
    Have a good day 
  3. The Complete Idiot's Guide to Installing the SVN version of Anno Domini 1257

DrTomas said:
    Are you implying that we, who make the mod, do not have lifes outside of a computer? Becouse we not only we spend our free time on a computer developing the mod so you could play but also have to instal "100bilions"(actualy that would be around 4 or 5 to develop the mod and 1 to share it with the community - so you would only need 1 as well).

I'm implying that if you take time to read the many many posts of people who can not get this to work AFTER they read through HOURS of old posts.., you may find those people are not as lazy as you think they are.
      I have personally made mods for games and simulators, a Campaign for a tank sim that took 100's of hours. So I know how much time and testing mods can take, for a person or team  to make. And so as well I appreciate the work they put into them.

If you would follow the instructions insted of complaining about the word "lazy" in the forums, you would be downloading the SVN version already.

I'm not complaining, because I'm not downloading this bugy 3rd party program to play a mod when ALL the other 1000's of mods work fine without one! Fine without some bug ridden 3rd part program 75% of the people can't get working.. because of course you think they are lazy!
    Oh I still like and play 1257ad.  I  play 0.95Pre10, it has bugs yes, but overall is the best. I'm not that excited about the SVN version, and will skip it, but I  do hope all the best for you all who are developing and working on it. I just hope you can keep your name calling tone down a tad.

I hate you.

Well, I don't hate you. We all here share a common interest and it is best to be friends than hate or call names. I hope the best for you
  4. The Complete Idiot's Guide to Installing the SVN version of Anno Domini 1257

ziegler88 said:
    I have noticed that even though it is clearly stated in various threads on this forum, both stickied and regular, some people still have a problem understanding how to install the SVN version of Anno Domini 1257. Personally I have no problem understanding DrTomas guide in the Subversion thread, however, I also understand that a number of people are simply to lazy to read or search the forums for answers. More than one line of text and they will rather start a new thread asking what to do, than simply just read the text. This I find somewhat irritating, but still, I don't think they should be punished for their laziness by being unable to play the awesome mod that Anno Domini 1257 is.

Regards,
    ziegler88

1257 is no doubt the best mod for Warband..or at least it was before "pre10 95" but to call people names or LAZY because they don't want to install a TON of 3rd party programs to make this work is a little extreme.. some of us have a life outside of a computer, and therefore do not have the time to install 100 billions different 3rd party programs to got ONE mod for a game to work, when all the other mods are simple to get going.

Having to read hours of info to get one mod in a 1000 to work seems like a waste of time.  not being lazy.
    A lot of people have trouble with some of those editing or 3rd party programs, you may not, but other do sometimes.

it is nice of the guy or people who made the mod to allow others help in building up this mod.
    No doubt this mod when finished will be the top favored mod of all... but will it ever be finished?

take care
  5. Bug Reports - 0.95pre10

[/quote]Mansoura is missing actualy its scene,it will be fixed with custom scene in next release,its based on the famous battle,so its not the typical siege,more fighting in the suburbia of Mansoura :wink:
    [/quote]

So we could use another castles scene maybe?  I have 1.131, and do not plan to update just yet to 1.132.. sometimes new patches mess with saves..

thanks again
  6. Bug Reports - 0.95pre10

othr said:
    Bugs here please.

Brytenwalda was my fav, but this mod takes the cake... a little buggy, but my Favorite mod by far.. I have WB 1131 and 095pre10 of this mod.. works ok...

Now for HELP with bugs

have the 095pre10 patch also installed... still can not enter Mansoura castle..

not yet tried to fix it...  know of any fixes?? or is there 1257 scorce files, so we can try and used python to fix it, maybe make some mod for 1257.. to fix

This mod is so good, people will make mods for a mod if we could have source.  I've edited troops and and other files (without python) for better bet amounts, and other cool things.

Keep up the GREAT mod. let us know about a Mansoura fix if you can please.

Back
Top Bottom