Search results for query: *

1. Der Einzige

say cheese

TheFlyingFishy said:
    zd6DqJX.jpg

Take #3. Once again requesting honest opinions as to the usability of this image as a Facebook cover picture thing.

Try not to abuse them.
  2. Der Einzige

2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

Moose! said:
    Der Einzige said:
    Moose! said:
    Could you clarify what you want me to explain?
    You seem to be implying that anger in disputes is the main factor causing gun violence
    and I'm saying that if that was true places like Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, etc who have fairly high gun ownership rates would also have much higher gun violence rates compared to what they actually have which is very little gun violence

I never claimed that it was the main factor. I claimed that it might be a factor, and that many homicides are not associated with other felony crimes. I don't doubt that SES is a contributing factor in BOTH cases - I imagine that education might influence interpersonal violence, whereas economic security might impact felony-associated violence. Ultimately, testing the causality behind the sort of hypothesis that I proposed is impossible for ethical reasons, but we can look at it through correlation. I'll go back to the site and see if they have information about causes of firearm murder by state. I'm sure the data is there, but it might not be published.
    I agree with you then
    It would be interesting to find those statistics on whether "many homicides are not associated with other felony crimes"
  3. Der Einzige

Moose! said:
    Could you clarify what you want me to explain?
    You seem to be implying that anger in disputes is the main factor causing gun violence
    and I'm saying that if that was true places like Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, etc who have fairly high gun ownership rates would also have much higher gun violence rates compared to what they actually have which is very little gun violence

4. Der Einzige

Moose! said:
    Wheem said:
    Urgrevling said:
    What else could one do to prevent gun violence, then? Genuine question and not any kind of mockery.
    Probably the single most effective measure that could be taken would be the legalization of drugs. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but a really huge portion of murders in the USA are gang/drug related. Destroy that lucrative black market and you will, over time, cut down on the violence significantly.

The percentage of gang murders has been remarkably reduced as far as I am aware (and I believe it accounts for a majority of the decline in the overall homicide rate between now and the 90s). It seems interpersonal arguments (I'm assuming many of these are relational violence) are a big piece of the pie, and not just crimes committed during another felony / gang shoot out.

Relevant stats, not sure if there are more recent ones available with this level of detail.

Personally, I think there is a decent argument to make that this type of violence could be reduced by stricter gun control legislation. I would imagine that many (if not all) of these murders occur when emotions are running high, and that having a gun on hand could make the decision to take a life that much easier for the perpetrator.
    Explain places like Vermont, New Hampshire, etc
    Or are they just less prone to anger in the north east? lol

I'm fairly certain it has to do with socioeconomic status
  5. Der Einzige

Gun wankery

I wouldn't be so quick to blame a former Yugo state, but I wouldn't be surprised. Though I also think there's some portraying of "Central Europe" as the last bastion of civilization and then everything south/east of the Ljubljanica and Drava rivers where the "Balkans" begins = rapists, barbarians, lawlessness etc. Then there's the Czech Republic, I mean a place like Serbia can't be compared to the Czech Republic necessarily, but it seems like every time a terrorist/would be "bad guy" goes to Prague and buy a rifle because of their liberal gun laws they end up getting shut down in that endeavour.

Interestingly enough the weapons used back in the January Paris came from Slovakia

http://www.wsj.com/articles/slovakia-shop-believed-to-be-source-of-guns-in-two-french-terror-attacks-1448629216
  6. Der Einzige

Gun wankery

The US obviously has a gun violence issue, but in Europe even where guns are/were easily accessible things seem to be under control, so I don't see the point in this.
  7. Der Einzige

Gun wankery

Brüssels sounds anti-fun
  8. Der Einzige

Turkey Right Now

kurczak said:
    In the next chapter we will learn how Kurds are really Anatolian Russians longing to rejoin the Motherland.
    There are Kurds in South Georgia, and Georgia as we all know = Russia, so are Kurds long lost Russians? Flawless logic

FlSuqHCwDn0.jpg
  9. Der Einzige

Turkey Right Now

Goker said:
    Der Einzige said:
    I wonder if Greece will start shooting down Turkish planes considering how often they invade Greek airspace
    The airspace between Turkey and Greece is impossible to distinguish at places. You can swim the distance between some of the Greek islands and the Turkish mainland, so I don't think those violations matter.
    The same can be said about that barely 2 mile stretch of land that Turkey decided was worth shooting down a Russian jet over.

I like how when looking at the intercepting fighter's flight path it doesn't even try to establish contact or otherwise warn the Russian jet which is otherwise standard procedure in most civilized modern countries before going to shoot it down.

masterborn12 said:
    Anyways back on topic it would certainly be entertaining if Russia gave the kurds arms.

I'm actually quite looking forward to this because the US has been doing **** all in regards to Syrian Kurds
  10. Der Einzige

Turkey Right Now

CHIMouttathisplane said:
    Redstone Knight said:
    But a day later Russia showed their own radar records and it showed plane's route as a different way. Sputniknews also made many propaganda against us on their Turkish website like saying "Voice records weren't clear, Turkey said they warned 20 times (our news channels mentioned it as 10 in 5 minutes via English and Russian) but records says that they warned 2 times. The source (?) says that nobody in NATO believed them blablabla"

We all know how reliable Russian news is. :roll:

Like that time Russian media reported that the MH17 got blasted by Ukranian government jet fighters.
    Or that time Russian media reported that the MH17 got blasted by Ukranian government anti-air.
    Even the US says that it was shot over Syrian territory, which only makes sense considering the jet could have only been in Turkish airspace fore mere seconds at most

I wonder if Greece will start shooting down Turkish planes considering how often they invade Greek airspace
  11. Der Einzige

Turkey Right Now

Alparslan Çelik is a Turkish citizen and Grey Wolves member, a member of the MHP party. Born in Keban district, Elazığ province. He is the commander of the Turkmen unit circulating around the news where he said he and his men shot at the Russian pilots.
    http://www.dha.com.tr/mhpli-eski-baskanin-oglu-savasmak-icin-iraka-gitti_715269.html
    https://twitter.com/dijraberi/status/669272397556658176
    https://twitter.com/dijraberi/status/669272773286608896
    This is him talking about killing the pilots.
    http://www.reuters.com/video/2015/11/24/turkmen-says-his-forces-killed-two-russi?videoId=366438602
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2015/nov/24/turkmen-rebels-say-they-shot-at-russian-pilots-ejected-from-downed-jet-video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xbxdAbUfNg
    He pretty much proved he is a Grey Wolves member with these tweets. He makes the Grey Wolves hand signal and posts a picture of MHP Grey Wolves leader Alparslan Türkeş.
    https://twitter.com/celikalparslan
    https://twitter.com/CelikAlparslan/status/558103467383062529
    https://twitter.com/CelikAlparslan/status/319534975353507840

https://www.reddit.com/r/syriancivilwar/comments/3u6im0/the_turkmen_commander_alparslan_%C3%A7elik_who_shot_at/

This is quite interesting. Absolutely not surprised though
  12. Der Einzige

Turkey Right Now

Mage246 said:
    Clearly you don't know me, then.

I agree with the message of a lot of those resolutions, however they are nothing but a political stunt that serves no purpose. Certainly none of them were done with the expectation that they would change anything. Which is what my joke was referencing.

So maybe keep your half-assed opinions about what I believe to yourself next time?
    Lmfao no need to get all prissy on me m8, I wasn't being entirely serious either
    Perhaps you should ask the UN to pass a resolution against me?
    Moss said:
    Der Einzige said:
    lmao I know it's a joke you twit but knowing you I wouldn't be surprised if you think those resolutions against Israel are mean and unfair
    Wow, you sure seem like a reasonable person
    I try, thank you thank you
    Moss said:
    Try to keep it on-topic and above the belt folks, I'm really not enjoying having to constantly read this thread.
    Yes sir! Of course, sir! o7

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/669317915091578880

BREAKING: U.S. believes Russian jet exploded in Syrian airspace: official

Welp
  13. Der Einzige

Turkey Right Now

Mage246 said:
    It was a joke about the UN, dumbass.
    lmao I know it's a joke you twit but knowing you I wouldn't be surprised if you think those resolutions against Israel are mean and unfair
  14. Der Einzige

Turkey Right Now

kurczak said:
    Der Einzige said:
    Cioss Julius U.X. said:
    Oh, United States can be United but Turkey must be divided because Kurds deserves their own country? Cool story.
    You should be smart enough to see why that makes no sense at all. If there was a portion of the US landed by a certain people that have been there for thousands of years looking for their own state then yes, but there's no such similar situations.
    >inb4 Indians
    There's like 4 1/2 of them left, they don't matter. If there were tens of MILLIONS like the Kurds I would agree

The moral of the story is - if you take someone's land, make sure you genocide them too. Alternatively, make sure they are Mexico and watch them illegally immigrate into your country by milions 150 years later. Then elect Trump and build a big, beautiful wall.

No, no, that wasn't genocide, they got themselves killed on their own accord stumbling into the desert. Like those trucks full of ISIS oil are entering Turkey on their own.
    Mage246 said:
    Perhaps passing a resolution condemning Israel will solve the problem?
    Not everything is about your desperate victimization of Israel.
  15. Der Einzige

Turkey Right Now

Cioss Julius U.X. said:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Turkey#Ethnic_groups_and_languages
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_States#Race_and_ethnicity

> Kurdish population is 13% of Turkey's total population. (8.5 million)
    > African-American origin population is 12.6% of the USA's total population. (38.9 million)
    > Kurds deserves their own country.

Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries.jpg

So what? Did second (or even third) biggest nation of US started a separatist terrorist organization-movement? Are they deserve their own country(or state if we are talking about US's democracy). :neutral:

I know it's kinda poor to comparise this and that. But I don't like the way how people sees Kurds like heroes or freedom fighters. Yes I'm defending my Kurdish brothers. I hate Counterguerilla(or JİTEM), NATO-US puppet governments and their actions in the past. Kurds are part of this country, no need to divide. You guys just confused.
    There's absolutely no way you can compare African-Americans to Kurds, at all, or ancestral difference to different ethnicities and cultures.
    If the Kurds weren't a unique ethnicity with their own language and culture and were just Turks that do to geographical separation or whatever developed some uniqueness I could see an argument. But that is not the case.
  16. Der Einzige

Turkey Right Now

Cioss Julius U.X. said:
    Oh, United States can be United but Turkey must be divided because Kurds deserves their own country? Cool story.
    You should be smart enough to see why that makes no sense at all. If there was a portion of the US landed by a certain people that have been there for thousands of years looking for their own state then yes, but there's no such similar situations.
    >inb4 Indians
    There's like 4 1/2 of them left, they don't matter. If there were tens of MILLIONS like the Kurds I would agree
  17. Der Einzige

Turkey Right Now

ancalimon said:
    Der Einzige said:
    Cioss Julius U.X. said:
    Der Einzige said:
    Stop killing Kurds
    Dude why should Turkey stop killing terrorists?
    >kurds
    >terrorists
    >not the Turks supporting ISIS
    The Kurds deserve their own state, and even then regardless of the PKK's methods the YPG is a separate group yet the Turkish government bombs them the same.

Ok I'm sending them to your country. Please make the necessary preparations.
    Too bad Kurdistan isn't in the US m8
  18. Der Einzige

Turkey Right Now

Cioss Julius U.X. said:
    Der Einzige said:
    Stop killing Kurds
    Dude why should Turkey stop killing terrorists?
    >kurds
    >terrorists
    >not the Turks supporting ISIS
    The Kurds deserve their own state, and even then regardless of the PKK's methods the YPG is a separate group yet the Turkish government bombs them the same.
  19. Der Einzige

Turkey Right Now

Sly said:
    anti-Turkish propaganda

but where are the lies though
Back
Top Bottom