Search results for query: *

1. [Archive] Bug Reports/ Crashes [Read OP]

When they are in a fight you should be able to jump in and fight against them, thus lowering the relation.
    What do you mean the Zann Vanguard show as player faction?

1. Joining a fight against them does not lower relations, if relations is the problem.  I never see a message about relations with (for example) Outlaw mercenaries.

2. If I hover the mouse over Zann Vanguard (Zann faction has been eliminated) it says:

Zann Vanguard
        (Player Faction)

Now that Redwood has been eliminated, the same thing happens with leftover Redwood Patrols.

I went back to an older save before I helped the outlaws.  I can attack them now, but they always pursue and attack me regardless of the odds.  I can be riding along with 200 men and get attacked by four (4) robbers.  This started somewhere around Day 300.  I don't know why.
  2. [Archive] Bug Reports/ Crashes [Read OP]

Quote from: gaston on March 22, 2014, 06:56:21 PM
    Helping bandit (Outlaws?) parties raises your relations with them but 'Surrender or die!' does not lower your relations, because of this I am now stuck with unassailable bandits (Saccar territory is utterly overrun), and I can also not do the Old Gods Infidels quest, I attempt to attack but my only option is 'Leave.'
    I have the same problem.  So far I can not attack:

1. Outlaw Mercenaries (Male and female)
    2. Saccar Raiders
    3. Slave Rebels
    4. Looters (on Deal with Looters quest for Guild Master)
    5. Sekr Frosttongue (in the Kingslayer  quest.)
    6. Sandwalkers
    7. Volheere raiders

Joining battles against Outlaw Mercenaries has not changed the situation.  This has become a serious nuisance.  I also have the issue in which very small bandit parties (Outlawed Criminals) attack me regardless of the odds against them.
    I would appreciate any advice on how to fix this.

This is a great mod.  Thank you very much

That should not be the case. Did you in any time of your game helped any of these parties? If not then your save-game might be bugged.

Yes, I did help some Outlaw Mercenaries. 
    Is there a way to lower my relations with them?
    Also I helped Zann Vanguard and now they show as "(Player Faction)".

Thank you.
  3. [Archive] Bug Reports/ Crashes [Read OP]

Helping bandit (Outlaws?) parties raises your relations with them but 'Surrender or die!' does not lower your relations, because of this I am now stuck with unassailable bandits (Saccar territory is utterly overrun), and I can also not do the Old Gods Infidels quest, I attempt to attack but my only option is 'Leave.'

I have the same problem.  So far I can not attack:

1. Outlaw Mercenaries (Male and female)
    2. Saccar Raiders
    3. Slave Rebels
    4. Looters (on Deal with Looters quest for Guild Master)
    5. Sekr Frosttongue (in the Kingslayer  quest.)
    6. Sandwalkers

Joining battles against Outlaw Mercenaries has not changed the situation.  This has become a serious nuisance.  I also have the issue in which very small bandit parties (Outlawed Criminals) attack me regardless of the odds against them.
    I would appreciate any advice on how to fix this.

This is a great mod.  Thank you very much
  4. A New Method of Sea Travel?

While there has been a lot of lively and stimulating discussion on this topic, there doesn't seem to be any workable method to make AI parties automatically become ships (not just look like ships) when required.

With a lot of help from Idibil I have discovered that the best solution for my mod is to create sea paths with ford/bridge tiles and border them with river tiles.  This means that land parties will take the path if it is the fastest route.  A simple trigger changes the icons (this does not make them ships.  It just makes them look like ships).
    Meanwhile, parties that are ships (such as the player's ship and pirates) can cross these land bridges freely.  This is because of a blindingly obvious condition that it took me a week to figure out:
    1. Ships can pass from ocean to river.
    2. Ships can pass from river to ford.
    3. Ships can pass from ford to river.
    4. Ships can pass from river to ocean.

Oddly enough, once my ship passed one sea path with the river/ford combination, it could also pass another sea path made up of only bridge/ford tiles. 

This method requires a lot of map modification, but offers the best combination of land/sea mobility currently possible.

I thank everyone for their contributions.
  5. A New Method of Sea Travel?

In this case reworking terrain tiles takes away the player's ability to move freely on his ship.
    Unless...it has occurred to me the Brytenwalda has a system using the bridge/ford tile for pathways between Britain and Ireland and yet the player's ship can traverse them freely as well as sail on the open ocean.
    I will try to find out how that's done.
  6. A New Method of Sea Travel?

ithilienranger said:
    gaston said:
    Is the bridge terrain labeled "ford" in the Map Editor?  I made a path with ford terrain and I can't cross it in my ship.
    Ford/bridge is not passable by ship but by land. You need a trigger to change your icon. As a warning, I ran into problems where the game would not load the map if there were too many ford/bridge tiles.

But how would the trigger work?  You can't use the ford terrain as a condition because the ship can't enter the ford terrain. It seems you would need something like my original idea of changing the icon based on where the party is trying to go.
  7. A New Method of Sea Travel?

Is the bridge terrain labeled "ford" in the Map Editor?  I made a path with ford terrain and I can't cross it in my ship. 
  8. A New Method of Sea Travel?

Duh said:
    1.Yes, switching Icons would probably fix the issue of pathfinding, but it would look odd ingame imo. I dont carry a boat with me at all times :razz:
    3.Might be the only solution that includes Faction AI. Or reworking the map. Or possibly talking to Cmp and using his WSE.
    4. 0.9 = 0 and 1.5 = 1,etc (afaik)
    5. Well you could always split a faction into more factions that ally with each other: French mainland, French navy, French Isles :wink:

1. True.
    3. I just made a nice desert path between Cuba and New Orleans.  It works swell.  One problem is that ships (such as the player's ship and pirates) can't cross it because it is land.
    4. That would work. 0 is less than 1.
    5. Oh, Gawd.
  9. A New Method of Sea Travel?

Duh said:
    I think the problem is that your map may be too complex for the AI pathfinding, especially when factions have lords and fiefs on islands which arent connected to the main land.

Afaik there is no way to efficiently "get" the point when a party is trying to go from land to sea,although the other way around a script is called by the engine that makes a menu pop up for the player party. So you are able to work with that menu for the player - not the AI.
    Code:
        #script_game_on_disembark:
        # This script is called from the game engine when the player reaches the shore with a ship.
        # INPUT: pos0 = disembark position
        # OUTPUT: none
        ("game_on_disembark",
          [	
    			(jump_to_menu, "mnu_disembark"),
        ]),

That means for your concept that you would have to switch the ocean with an unused terrain (and alter that to look like the ocean) so the AI can travel it. That way you could then switch the Map Icons when the according terrain is being travelled. I suppose you could also try to work with (map_get_water_position_around_position,<dest_position_no>,<source_position_no>,<radius>), but as the radius can only be 0,1,2,3,etc this will be difficult to use, if its possible at all.

I would advise you to simply keep the factions on the mainland and populate the islands with mini factions, pirates, mercenaries, natives, traders, whatever you can think of. I would have to see your map to better understand why the pathfinding doesnt seem to work for your ships. (It does in native.)

1.  I agree that the map is too complex for AI pathfinding. That's why I though automatically switching icons under certain circumstances might fix that.  A party would start somewhere and go to its destination if it switched icons at the right times.
    2.  I haven't looked at that script.  Thanks.
    3.  Terrain switching.  I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.  This map is basically the eastern half of North America and a lot of the Caribean.  There is an awful lot of water.
    4.  Radius.  Okay, I didn't know radius could only be a whole number.  So less than 1 wouldn't work?
    5.  Keeping the factions on the mainland is a last resort.  This is 1776, American Revolution and to have a resemblance to the historic start positions, the French and Dutch have to be on the islands.

Thank you.
  10. A New Method of Sea Travel?

I've been trying some of the various sea travel code and it seems to me that there may be a relatively simple solution for Warband.  I'm inviting comments on the feasability of this idea.  I'm certainly not a good enough coder to write it myself but I'd like to see if the concept will work...
  11. OSP Code Campaign Sea trade

Oh, thanks.  I didn't realize the radius was map coordinates.  It seems obvious now that you point it out.  Thank you very much.
  12. OSP Code Campaign Sea trade

How do I execute that code?
    What log does it print to?

Do you know what the unit of measurment for radius is?  What for example is the sea distance for Praven.  If I knew that I could just look at the map and eyeball radii.
  13. OSP Code Campaign Sea trade

Caba`drin said:
    River ports won't work without a good deal of extra coding to guide the ships up the river (AI pathfinding on water doesn't do rivers...I tried for some time). Ports anywhere on an ocean coast (peninsula, island, or otherwise) will work just fine.

For the other pieces of your questions, see this response on the previous page of this thread. Make sure that your _is_coastal slots hold the radius distance of the town to water. If the town is farther from the ocean than that slot says it should be, the ships will never do their trade and be stuck. Even when it works correctly, the ships will be parked outside the town for a few days while they do their trade (again, see the linked post).
    I tend to think this won't work well enough with the map I have (US, Canada and Caribean).  Port cities tend to be on river estuaries, or sheltered behind an island or peninsula.  Ships going to New York get stuck on Long Island.  Ships going to Baltimore get stuck on the Chesapeake peninsula. 

However, Pensacola is on a straight stretch of beach very near the water.  The sea trader has been there for twenty days now.  The radius distance is set to 4, which I think is too high. How do you measure the radius? What is the unit of measurement?

I've studied the scripts and I don't see any distinction between sea trade routes and other trade routes.  They are set in diferent scripts, but both types are created in set_trade_route_between_centers.  I've got caravans from inland towns stuck on the beaches all over the place trying to get to the West Indies.  There are no trade routes between their starting town and the islands.  Did I miss something?  What is supposed to prevent a caravan from trying to go to Cuba? 
    Since all the towns in Calradia are on the same land mass, this probably isn't an issue in Native.  I think it's a show stopper for me.

Thank you for your assistance.
  14. OSP Code Campaign Sea trade

Thanks, that fixed the faction thing. 

I've watched the sea traders for six game days now.  All of them are stuck on the coast and are either "travelling to..." somewhere or just "travelling."I would post a screenshot, but I can't find out how to do that.  Some of the problem is with the map, since a lot of the ports are up a river or behind a peninsula.  But the same merchant ship has been beached outside Pensacola, which is on a flat stretch of coast, for six days and is still "Travelling to Pensacola." 
    Is that the way it's supposed to be?
  15. OSP Code Campaign Sea trade

Wow, thanks for the prompt reply.

Here's how I tried to block factions:
    Code:
    ("create_kingdom_party_if_below_limit",
          [
            (store_script_param_1, ":faction_no"),
            (store_script_param_2, ":party_type"),

(call_script, "script_count_parties_of_faction_and_party_type", ":faction_no", ":party_type"),
            (assign, ":party_count", reg0),

(assign, ":party_count_limit", 0),

(faction_get_slot, ":num_towns", ":faction_no", slot_faction_num_towns),

(try_begin),
                (try_begin),
                    (this_or_next|neq, ":faction_no", "fac_kingdom_6"),
                    (this_or_next|neq, ":faction_no", "fac_kingdom_7"),
                    (this_or_next|neq, ":faction_no", "fac_kingdom_8"),
                    (this_or_next|neq, ":faction_no", "fac_kingdom_9"),
                    (this_or_next|neq, ":faction_no", "fac_kingdom_10"),
                    (neq, ":faction_no", "fac_kingdom_11"),
                    (this_or_next|eq, ":party_type", spt_merchant_caravan),    #### This is our sea trader  ##THIS INSTEAD
                    (eq, ":party_type", spt_kingdom_caravan),
                (else_try),
                #    (this_or_next|eq, ":party_type", spt_merchant_caravan),    #### This is our sea trader  ##THIS INSTEAD
                      (eq, ":party_type", spt_kingdom_caravan),
                (end_try),
              (try_begin),
                (eq, ":num_towns", 0),
                (assign, ":party_count_limit", 0),
              (else_try),
                (eq, ":num_towns", 1),
                (assign, ":party_count_limit", 1),
              (else_try),
                (eq, ":num_towns", 2),
                (assign, ":party_count_limit", 3),
              (else_try),
                (assign, ":party_count_limit", 5),
              (try_end),
            (try_end),

(try_begin),
                (eq, ":party_type", spt_merchant_caravan),
                (gt, ":party_count_limit", 2),
                (val_sub, ":party_count_limit", 1),
            (try_end),

(assign, reg0, -1),
            (try_begin),
              (lt, ":party_count", ":party_count_limit"),
              (call_script,"script_cf_create_kingdom_party", ":faction_no", ":party_type"),
            (try_end),
        ]),

##EndEdit

I think it's extremely likely I didn't do this right and would appreciate any help.  I'm not very good at writing code, I just copy and paste.

And here's my sea trade routes:

Code:
    ("initialize_sea_trade_routes",
        [
         (party_set_slot, "p_town_1", slot_town_is_coastal, 8),  #Richmond
         (party_set_slot, "p_town_2", slot_town_is_coastal, 2),  #Baltimore
         (party_set_slot, "p_town_9", slot_town_is_coastal, 1),  #New York
         (party_set_slot, "p_town_10", slot_town_is_coastal, 1), #Halifax
         (party_set_slot, "p_town_11", slot_town_is_coastal, 2), #Boston
         (party_set_slot, "p_town_12", slot_town_is_coastal, 2), #Charleston
         (party_set_slot, "p_town_13", slot_town_is_coastal, 6), #Philadelphia
         (party_set_slot, "p_town_19", slot_town_is_coastal, 1), #St Augustine
         (party_set_slot, "p_town_20", slot_town_is_coastal, 4), #New Orleans
         (party_set_slot, "p_town_22", slot_town_is_coastal, 4), #Pensacola
         (party_set_slot, "p_town_23", slot_town_is_coastal, 2), #Charleston
         (party_set_slot, "p_town_24", slot_town_is_coastal, 1), #Port-au-Prince
         (party_set_slot, "p_town_26", slot_town_is_coastal, 1), #Havana
         (party_set_slot, "p_town_27", slot_town_is_coastal, 1), #Willemstaad
         (party_set_slot, "p_town_28", slot_town_is_coastal, 2), #New Bern

#Richmond - 2 Routes
          (call_script, "script_set_trade_route_between_centers", "p_town_1", "p_town_9"),  #Richmond - New York
          (call_script, "script_set_trade_route_between_centers", "p_town_1", "p_town_27"), #Richmond - Willemstaad

#Baltimore - 2 Routes
          (call_script, "script_set_trade_route_between_centers", "p_town_2", "p_town_9"), #Baltimore - New York
          (call_script, "script_set_trade_route_between_centers", "p_town_2", "p_town_19"),#Baltimore - St Augustine

#New York - 4 routes
          #Richmond,Baltimore
          (call_script, "script_set_trade_route_between_centers", "p_town_9", "p_town_24"), #New York - Port au Prince
          (call_script, "script_set_trade_route_between_centers", "p_town_9", "p_town_26"), #New York - Havana

#Halifax - 3 Routes
         (call_script, "script_set_trade_route_between_centers", "p_town_10", "p_town_9"), #Halifax - New York
         (call_script, "script_set_trade_route_between_centers", "p_town_10", "p_town_26"),#Halifax - Havana
         (call_script, "script_set_trade_route_between_centers", "p_town_10", "p_town_28"), #Halifax - New Bern

#Boston - 4 Routes

(call_script, "script_set_trade_route_between_centers", "p_town_11", "p_town_1"),  #Boston - Richmond
          (call_script, "script_set_trade_route_between_centers", "p_town_11", "p_town_26"), #Boston - Havana
          (call_script, "script_set_trade_route_between_centers", "p_town_11", "p_town_27"), #Boston - Willemstaad
          (call_script, "script_set_trade_route_between_centers", "p_town_11", "p_town_24"), #Boston - Port au Prince

#St Augustine
        (call_script, "script_set_trade_route_between_centers", "p_town_19", "p_town_24"), #St Augustine - Port au Prince
        (call_script, "script_set_trade_route_between_centers", "p_town_19", "p_town_26"), #St Augustine - Havana
        (call_script, "script_set_trade_route_between_centers", "p_town_19", "p_town_27"), #St Augustine - Willemstaad

#New Orleans
        (call_script, "script_set_trade_route_between_centers", "p_town_20", "p_town_24"), #New Orleans - Port au Prince
        (call_script, "script_set_trade_route_between_centers", "p_town_20", "p_town_26"), #New Orleans - Havana

]),

As you can see, town_15 (Choctaw) is not coastal and has no sea trade routes.  I just saw sea traders rammed into the coast trying to go to Choctaw, which is way inland.  Additionally I noticed a caravan (not a ship) outside Havana trying to go to Boston.  There is no trade route between Havana and Boston, though there is a sea trade route.
    It appears that in my mod there is no difference between trade routes and sea trade routes and that the AI uses them interchangeably.

Thanks for your help.
  16. Hunting Mod-Can't Damage Deer

Idibil, you great man!
    You solved it.  The mission template flag was "arena_fight" instead of "battle_mode."
    Thank you very much.
  17. OSP Code Campaign Sea trade

I've added this code to 1776.  It worked pretty well but I have two problems.
    1.  How do I prevent certain factions (in this case Native Americans) from spawning trade ships and still spawn caravans?
    2.  The trade ships seem to ignore the sea trade routes.  I see ships run aground "Travelling" to towns that are nowhere near the ocean and don't have a sea trade route.

Thank you.
  18. Hunting Mod-Can't Damage Deer

I imported the hunting mod code from Age of Machinery into another mod (1776).  It all seems to work correctly except that the deer don't seem to take any damage, either from ranged or melee weapons. Did I miss something?  What would cause this?
  19. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

I have searched the forom and found several old posts indicating that the command "stop_all_sounds" does not work.  I can't get it to work.  How do you stop a sound once it starts?
Back
Top Bottom