Search results for query: *

1. Wurmkrank

Is Roguery still unusually hard to level without spamming prison breaks?

I was thinking this skill would be set as a position in party under some kind of rouge description, as it is you can't set companions with higher skill value to take preference when using skill for tournament betting & such.

The skill raise's slowly when betting in tournaments.
    I installed the mod the poster above recommended, and it's a total game changer. There's an entire bandit gameplay loop that adds a ton of content to the game. not only is it fun as hell, but it also has over a dozen new actions you can perform that give roguery EXP.
  2. Wurmkrank

Yeah they didn't' change any of the formulas, only prison breaks gives decent skills ups . The mod "Fourberie" adds other ways to get it and a lot of roguery/crime related features.

I've been playing this game on and off since the day it was released in early access and every time I come back there's still hundreds of anti-fun aspects that don't get changed.

Thanks for recommending this mod. Now I can finally play the features that were advertised as part of the base game. It's funny how much work unpaid modders get done, while we can't even get balanced character progression after the game has been out for years.

I love how raiding villages gives you next to no roguery exp even though without a decent level 4-5 clan you have to risk getting steamrolled by an enemy lord and lose all your troops and entire inventory. But grinding these boring prison break missions that waste your time by forcing you to hunt down imprisoned lords then spending a measly couple thousand gold and not taking on any risk in order to get tens of thousands of roguery exp is somehow balanced in TWs eyes.
  3. Wurmkrank

I've seen a ton of reports about this in the technical forums, dated 2020&2021. Curious to know if this is still the case. last I heard, half of the roguery actions gave no XP or very little XP. In my current playthrough I've noticed the XP from selling prisoners seems to be doing a bit...
  4. Wurmkrank

Help changing weapon damage type

Hi. I've been playing 1257 AD, great mod but the fact that axes do piercing damage instead of cutting is bothering me a lot. Is there a way to easily change them to do cutting damage? Thanks.
  5. Wurmkrank

how well is armor balanced?

It's been a few years since playing M&b and this mod. I'm just curious about the effectiveness of the high end armor. How much damage does it soak up ? I'm a stickler for historical accuracy when it comes to this stuff. It drives me absolutely nuts watching movies or playing games where dudes in...
  6. Wurmkrank

News: 1.332 Full version release 07/02/2011

not sure is this is something new or if it's been this way for a while but the Irish cavalry unit has powerstrike 10 and ironflesh 10, also the irish infantry unit has 7 powerstrike and a really high ironflesh as well... all the other "races" units have powerstrike 2-3

also... is that two handed sword even real?
  7. Wurmkrank

Polearms vs. Two handed

Sword of war has 130 reach 95 speed and can thrust. You can also find masterwork versions that have their stats greatly increased.

Masterwork stats are 45c and 36p.
  8. Wurmkrank

FLTT - Floris Less & Tougher Troops mod

Jagenfox said:
    Duh said:
    Jagenfox said:
    Add naked beserkers! Would be a great addition :smile:
    Female you mean?  :roll:
    No, I don't mean :wink:

I just like the idea of beserkers  :mrgreen:

would be a good idea. They could be used as the nord cavalry and used for flanking tactics. they would need very high agi and athletics
  9. Wurmkrank

17th century mod? not needed anymore

othr said:
    Did you see the grenades?  Those made me  :shock:

no, and i sure hope they don't do enough damage to actually kill someone because i really doubt they were strong enough to do anything other than wound a bunch of people with a bit of shrapnel.
  10. Wurmkrank

17th century mod? not needed anymore

after watching some multi-player footage of Fire and sword, I have to say that I am very disappointed in how they have balanced the guns so far... enough to make me not want to buy the game.  I saw a guy running around with a rifle with a near 100% hit accuracy at 100 meters and a 4 second reload time between shots... I even saw a guy reloading his rifle WHILE running. It's very close to being counterstrike with chain mail costumes and a few swords for decoration.

If im not mistaken the whole point of the rifleman was that you could mass a bunch of them together and have them shoot at a cavalry charge and they would inevitably hit something based on the sheer number of shots being fired in one direction at a mass amount of clustered targets... NOT because they were PrO-sniperz with reload skills maXXXED OUUUT!!.

That being said, if someone were to make a mod based around pirates, piracy and navel combat... I would totally buy it.
  11. Wurmkrank

Hammer vs Morningstar in Sieges

SpittingLlama said:
    I'm pretty sure big weapons are more likely to crushthrough shields than when blocking with a weapon, but i could be wrong

your right, bigger weapons weigh more, and weight is a factor.
  12. Wurmkrank

Lordly Plate Mail

The Chubu said:
    FishermanFromTihr said:
    On horseback there is no penalty due to encumbrance. it's why packing up some throwing if playing a knight is a good choice.
    Ahhh... I see... No, wait... Wut? You get the same speed on a horse with full armor as if you're naked?

Anyway, i go with the light-medium style. Hardened Lamellar Vest, Lordly Scale Gauntlets (looted actually), Sarranid Mail Boots and Vaegir War Mask currently.

That gives me 54 body armor, 52 head armor and 41 leg armor. Everything for almost 22 of encumbrance (on top of that, 10 more from weapons n shield) Aaand a Heavy Courser cuz i like to go fast and furious with a two handed balanced sabre (sort of Sarranid character... but aligned with Swadia lol )

Warhorses are bred for strength. As a warhorse the difference between someone riding you with 25 pounds of armor and 60 pounds of armor is minimal.
  13. Wurmkrank

Battle Stutter FIXED, but now ctd on saves-->edit:found temp fix

Mammoet said:
    I had less issues when I disabled sound variations, so maybe it has something to do with the soundsystem... but maybe I'm just imagining that it got less :razz:

I've heard that it could be sound related.
  14. Wurmkrank

Hi! Just got the game! Need help. :-)

Also, since you are playing Rhodocks, I would suggest strarting an olive press in Veluca. an Iron Works in Curaw is good too, but if you go to war with them then you wont get money from it. the olive press will make you about as much money too.

Buying Iron Ingots from Curaw and salt and spice from Tulga (buy the iron and salt for 150 and lower, and the spice for 600 or lower) then selling them anywhere else (you want to sell the iron and salt for 250-300 and the spice for 750-850) is the fastest way to make money. There are other places to buy trade goods at low prices but you can find that out on your own, that's half the fun.

but be careful because loading up your inventory with goods will slow you down on the world map and make you vulnerable to bandit attacks.
  15. Wurmkrank

Needing help

the folder you found called "Native" is inside the Modules folder, if that helps.

I sent you a PM explaining that the savegame folders you found already are in a totally different directory than the rest of you Mount&Blade Warband Install directory.
  16. Wurmkrank

Lordly Plate Mail

FishermanFromTihr said:
    Blead said:
    Your level is also important. The higher your level the more chance you get of finding good items in the shop.

Sir, you learnt me something today.

Yeah, I also learned a few things in this thread. I'm glad I wasted everyone's time with it.
  17. Wurmkrank

Battle Stutter FIXED, but now ctd on saves-->edit:found temp fix

There's no doubt in my mind that its a memory leak. It's probably been said here by other people too. It's fine for the first while but as time passes it starts to stutter when I charge into battle.
  18. Wurmkrank

Which Faction Did You Destroy First?

I'm almost 600 days in my save file and all factions are still present. I've been a mercenary for several different factions because I'm trying to keep the balance of power pretty much even. But... those damn Khergits are always getting themselves into a tight spot. They only have Tulga left, Ichamer is helb by the Vaegirs and the Serranids have the rest. I've tried fighting for the Khergits but they don't seem to want to go on the offensive at any point, and I end up spending all my time killing bandits.

I think I'm just going to let them die.. that is, if factions are even able to wipe each other out without the help of the player.
  19. Wurmkrank

Needing help

Fatality81 said:
    actually i just copied the save file and put it into the diplomacy save folder and that worked. but i downloaded the game from the website so i dont have a module folder and i have windows vista sadly :sad:.. but i have another question which i cant seem to find an answer for anywhere. i downloaded the Crpg module and followed the instructions step by step but it would not show up in the module chooser... any ideas how to solve that?

you should have a modules folder no matter where you downloaded M&B
  20. Wurmkrank

Lordly Plate Mail

Ludial said:
    Wurmkrank said:
    what exactly gave you that idea?
    if you didn't consider wearing plate something important, you wouldn't waste everyone's time here discussing it(I'm pretty sure you can find a thread about plate armor somewhere in the forum).

wow, okay... obviously you have some kind of Forum rage issues, and I can see what direction this discussion is going, so I'm done responding to your posts after this. No one is being forced to read or respond to anyone or any forum post, I'm sure the people who have posted in this thread did so at their own will, and no ones "time was being wasted" People have also asked questions that I have responded to and this was a civil discussion before you started getting snippy.
Back
Top Bottom