Is Roguery still unusually hard to level without spamming prison breaks?

Users who are viewing this thread

I've seen a ton of reports about this in the technical forums, dated 2020&2021.

Curious to know if this is still the case.

last I heard, half of the roguery actions gave no XP or very little XP.

In my current playthrough I've noticed the XP from selling prisoners seems to be doing a bit better. I'm at 105 roguery with 5 focus and 2 attribute. But I've raided a ton of villages/villager parties/caravans. And it still seems that the majority of XP is from selling slaves.

However, I'm debating starting a mercenary/bandit playthrough with no workshops/caravans. Just looting and pillaging. This way I don't have to commit to a single faction.

Yeah they didn't' change any of the formulas, only prison breaks gives decent skills ups . The mod "Fourberie" adds other ways to get it and a lot of roguery/crime related features.

I've been playing this game on and off since the day it was released in early access and every time I come back there's still hundreds of anti-fun aspects that don't get changed.

Thanks for recommending this mod. Now I can finally play the features that were advertised as part of the base game. It's funny how much work unpaid modders get done, while we can't even get balanced character progression after the game has been out for years.

I love how raiding villages gives you next to no roguery exp even though without a decent level 4-5 clan you have to risk getting steamrolled by an enemy lord and lose all your troops and entire inventory. But grinding these boring prison break missions that waste your time by forcing you to hunt down imprisoned lords then spending a measly couple thousand gold and not taking on any risk in order to get tens of thousands of roguery exp is somehow balanced in TWs eyes.

Last edited:
I was thinking this skill would be set as a position in party under some kind of rouge description, as it is you can't set companions with higher skill value to take preference when using skill for tournament betting & such.

The skill raise's slowly when betting in tournaments.

I was thinking this skill would be set as a position in party under some kind of rouge description, as it is you can't set companions with higher skill value to take preference when using skill for tournament betting & such.

The skill raise's slowly when betting in tournaments.
I installed the mod the poster above recommended, and it's a total game changer. There's an entire bandit gameplay loop that adds a ton of content to the game. not only is it fun as hell, but it also has over a dozen new actions you can perform that give roguery EXP.

Back
Top Bottom