Search results for query: *

1. Phoenix234

Cheats and companion abilities

sorry for the double post but is there a way to see the skills my companions have unlocked? ive forgotten which companions im missing skills for
  2. Phoenix234

thats perfect thanks :smile: I run alot of scenario games so I like to cheat the levels and items up for some fun.

3. Phoenix234

Hey, If i use the exp cheat to rush up my companions does it prevent them getting their skills? i rushed artimenner to level 20 and ive had no pop ups, im new to the mod so its possible that i misunderstood how you view the skills of a companion. thanks in advance
  4. Phoenix234

Jerusalem and sieges

Ive raided a few caravans around Jerusalem belonging to the faction that owns it and nothing has happened

I tried to take hostile action against a village near london and Jerusalem stealing cows from both but no relation decrease.

Ideas?
  5. Phoenix234

Jerusalem and sieges

Hey guys I couldn't find anything on search so i figured it was best to ask whats wrong. I have made a character thats a noble but isn't a vassal of anyone from the start, i want to siege a town to take it for myself but i dont have the options, ive tried this for both london and jerusalem...
  6. Phoenix234

Bug Reports & Known Issues [v2.54]

oh? damn i thought it was still in development since the log looked like there was a 2.55 version worked on
  7. Phoenix234

Bug Reports & Known Issues [v2.54]

I cant find Sigmund at all, im using the latest version and i went to every town looking for him using the cheat teleport option to find him, he still hasnt spawned.

Could an option be added to the cheat menu to either warp him to a fixed point or show me where he is?

8. Phoenix234

SOD Warlords - Suggestions & Discussions Thread

Would it be possible to be able to change the weapons and armour of different troops to what I want?

Id like all of my men to look pretty much the same as I do instead of 5 different factions randomly together like mercenaries.

9. Phoenix234

Paradoxis said:
    Implement Roads and paths that leads from city to city, connecting them together.

Caravans will always travel on paths or roads while patrols will keep a look out on the roads and such.

Bandits usually avoid roads unless their party gets big enough where they may set up an ambush on roads.

This allows players that are newer to the mod to be somewhat safer when playing as a merchant although when he does get caught in an ambush, its worse than just a bandit party.

Then implement a lawfulness system, whereby patrols will give bonuses to law and defeating bandit parties that spawned in certain realms (they are attributed the the fief the spawned near) will give temporary bonuses the the lawfulness of a fief.

When lawfulness is high, bandits spawn less and grow slower while patrols are more efficient (faster to the point of noticeability without being too imbalanced, and somewhat larger).

High lawfulness will give lords incentive to send out his own patrols to rid the area of thieves as low lawfulness can cause road patrols to desert their post and make it available for bandit ambushes.

The game will start with moderately low lawfulness with roving bandits due to the kingdoms being at war and not able to pay attention to internal affairs.

Raising lawfulness for fiefs will cause the owner to like you more without making you take the spotlight for the welfare of his fief. (You are ridding the nearby areas of bandits, not rescuing his fief in your own name.) But it will also lower chances of bandit infestation on villages so you will get lesser chances of obtaining that bonus relation with villages.

This please :grin:

Then allow for patrols to patrol roads to protect traders. Possibly adding patrols for say bandit hunting specifically that can restock men at local towns ( maybe a budget for them? )

If your kingdom has less bandits you get a bonus to amount of traders doing business with your nation since its safer and so on. Same for all nations to get them all bandit hunting
  10. Phoenix234

Give infantry classes higher shield skill

yedrellow said:
    Splintert said:
    Disregarding individual player skill,

If you place one archer versus one swordsman in open ground the swordsman will win.

If you place one archer versus one swordsman where the archer defends a fortress, the archer will win.

If you place one archer versus one swordsman where the swordsman defends a fortress, the swordsman will win.

If you place 2 archers versus 1 swordsman on open ground, the archers win.

If you place 2 swordsmen versus 1 archer who is defending a fortress, the swordsmen will win (unless they are stupid)

Seems pretty balanced to me.

The archer wins in all cases except 2 swordsmen v 1 archer. Even between two experienced players, the archer will still win the majority of the time, as he is only slightly disadvantaged in melee, but has the advantage of 0 shield skill. An inexperienced archer still has a good chance of getting a shot on.

When there is more than one archer, then their ability to crossfire means that any number of melee increasingly becomes obsolete.

I have never seen a full warbow wielding archer faction not dominate.

Cavalry are the main anti archer unit.

Infantry are jack of all trades.

Lets be honest here. If you are in an open field and you run at a archer without taking any cover you aren't playing tactically so of course the archer should win. but if you have half your body in cover and shield raised the archer is useless.

Archers aren't as strong as you claim, any infantry unit with half a brain can survive, infact if the archers didn't get a few shots in then the game wouldn't be balanced for archers since they are ranged after all they are meant to excel against melee units in range.

Archers > 2h infantry / polemen > 1h infantry/ heavy cavalry > Archers

If you add that footmen and other melee units have better armour than archers you really cant complain.

as splint said the archer gets 4 or so shots off before getting in melee range on an open field, if a shield can stop 10+ arrows you need 3 archers just to kill that 1 shield before he gets into melee range.
  11. Phoenix234

I'm done

I've managed to be a once a week forum addict :razz: slowly escaping pw. I find the forum harder to escape than the game itself oddly

you have me on steam for gaming anyway :grin: I hear planetside 2 is releasing beta in a month
  12. Phoenix234

Give infantry classes higher shield skill

yedrellow said:
    This is utterly needed, archers destroy infantry at the moment due to the combination of low athletics and low shield coverage. Increasing the shield coverage through shield skill would go a long way to allowing melee to survive against ranged.

you know that infantry have better athletics than archers do right? archers can't outrun infantry.
  13. Phoenix234

Ranged Balance

Bobthehero said:
    Erm... http://www.currentmiddleages.org/artsci/docs/Champ_Bane_Archery-Testing.pdf

Didnt realise they could be so effective against higher tier armour. Even the plate guy would have died.

although I imagine the range was much closer then you would get in a battle? maybe give a huge damage bonus for volleys within X range, after that they lose that bonus?

While we are here I think firearms need a buff, considering they are so very slow my gunmen can barely get more than one kill off before the enemy cav have reached the line. Reload bonus based off tactics/leadership maybe like the better trained you are the faster your men can shoot since you have drilled them to reload faster. Although this is just ideas since I have no idea whats possible
  14. Phoenix234

Thought of something, basically each level of tactics adds new battle options.

such as setting up an ambush or sending ranged troops to thin their numbers a little first before the battle or using a "siege catapult" to attack the castle defenders. You get the idea.

Also are battlefield developed items possible? such as stakes in the ground if you have enough time to prepare ?
  15. Phoenix234

Bandits/ Looters

bandits raid my towns nonstop, might just be you?
  16. Phoenix234

Alavaria said:
    diaphantos said:
    Speaking of sieges, didn't the Wedding Dance Mod have a functional catapult? Is it possible to port that to warband?
    If i remember it only killed troops and didn't affect the walls or anything.

my idea was more a pre battle thing but if thats possible that works too :razz:

maybe more archer fire options such as Volley fire on your signal and fire at a certain area? I mean in sieges having all archers firing at the melee mob hugging the top of the ladder would be nice and probably more realistic
  17. Phoenix234

What exactly is the punishment for cheating?

SaintRouge said:
    I only cheat to get my player to have full stats and still lvl 1.

didn't know there was a cheat for that haha I only know the gold, exp and kill all ones.
  18. Phoenix234

Global TS - idea..(probably impossible science ficiton)

hearing a pre puberty kid shouting orders as king is never good for rp. I just giggle :razz:
  19. Phoenix234

Improved Random Events & Coming Up With New Random Events

Computica said:
    Phoenix234 said:
    Would it be possible to make random npcs lords experience the same random events we do? so they could have a very bad event too?
    Sure, I could make it so that random things happen to lords without the player being involved.

sounds much better if the game is meant to be a kingdom sim. if the AI have choices to make too then it could be much more fair and even
  20. Phoenix234

for a random event maybe... the plague? have it sweep across the land to unhealthy areas making towns "diseased" so the pop dies off
    maybe more tactical options for sieges and battles such as develop stakes to stop cav or make a catapult to throw dead animals or rocks over the walls pre battle to kill a few off and reduce morale.

maybe a 10 point engineer could make it to speed up sieges etc?

Back
Top Bottom