Search results for query: *

1. DWoodrum

Your favourite companion

Believe it our not, Klethi- she's scum, my kind of scum, followed by Katrin. And then I tend to round off with Ymira and that Del-something or another girl that Klethi likes so well.
  2. DWoodrum

OSP Code QoL Flipping coins with tavernkeepers

This sounds really cool! I've got to try it!
  3. DWoodrum

What's up with the random flashes of light?

Possibly so but almost all problems with this current system are centered around a graphics issue... so I plan to ditch this unit in the near future if I can.
  4. DWoodrum

What do you think of "With Fire and Sword"?

RndmNumGenerator said:
    With the original M&B being a 7/10, Warband being 8.5/10, Fire and Sword has dropped down to 6.5/10. Far too many good things were cut, with little else added to replace it. However, the core of the gameplay is still there, and the game still is fun - just not as fun as Warband.

I probably wouldn't purchase F&S if I knew then when I know now, but I'm not disgruntled or upset with my purchase either.  I am going to play it, and I am enjoying parts of it, but next time a M&B game is released I will do a lot more research instead of simply preordering it and expecting it to be great, as I did with F&S.

Other than I would have rated in this manner M&B 7.5/10, Warband 9/10, and F&S 6/10 (which is more or less same thing you said...  :grin: ), I have to fully agree with you. I'm not upset, I just don't see me getting the amount of play interest out of it that I originally anticipated.
  5. DWoodrum

One "buggy" thing I loved...

lovestofeast said:
    Yes I agree with you... I feel that only the 5 most produced products should be listed.

This was also in Warband, where the guild master would list off what goods it had shortages of. How it worked was it was always a HUGE list of goods and at the end "and some other goods." well gee thanks now i know you're missing almost everything and the rest you may or may not be missing. It should have been the top 5 most wanted goods.

They could have just had the elder say "Look, we ain't got nothin' man... so don't go taking the last thing that this village ain't got..."
  6. DWoodrum

What's up with the random flashes of light?

Archonsod said:
    IG_M said:
    I play on DX9 with 4xAA and HDR on Low, with my graphics card (radeon hd 5770) set to obey the game's AA settings. On a clean install of the game if I enable HDR it disables AA, but I can then just enable it again without HDR disabling itself and both are visibly working concurrently in-game.
    It's mainly a problem for Nvidia cards (think they fixed it in the 9xxx series).

My current desktop has an Nvidia and I've grown to hate their line of video cards as a result... every third or fourth game of M&B Warband or F&S I have things go screwy on the screen and I have to shut down and reboot system to get it back to right. Fortunately it always happens very early on when I'm playing.
  7. DWoodrum

I want to be a woman.

(singing) I'm every woman... its all in meeeee......
  8. DWoodrum

Hair with hats

And why I am constantly reminded of Men Without Hats (the band) everytime I think about this...?
  9. DWoodrum

Hair with hats

By the looks of it (and I've seen this in the Brytenwalda mod as well) it appears that any hat, helmet, etc. technically replaces the hair structure on the character's head... so in order to get around it truly 100% there needs to be a "back piece" of hair (a hanging toupe I guess you could say) behind such hats that corresponds to the character's hair color....

But then I could be wrong about how the programming works.
  10. DWoodrum

riftaxe said:
    This "expansion" is a huge step back from the gem that was warband.  If it had been release prior to warband it would have been mediocre at best, afterward I can't help the feeling that I paid good money for an unfinished low quality amateur mod.

Especially with no feedback from the devs, it's almost an acknowledgment that they know they made a money grab and gave us a turd (not even vague promises that they might take a look at some of the more obvious bugs).

To me personally, I will stick with warband with the knowledge that the mount and blade franchise is if not dead, is now almost beyond the hope of rehabilitation.

I wouldn't say it is dead or beyond hope... but rather this one in a way defined what the developers do best with this product line... aka make more adventures in the original land of their creation... where they can continue to build up and evolve on the product rather than having to strip down and take away to make M&B more in line to a particular point of history or a famous novel.
  11. DWoodrum

I lol'd as well when I was playing last night and I first encountered the dialogue.
  12. DWoodrum

I like the fact that it has an interesting different twist for me to follow but otherwise I'm lukewarm on it after I played it awhile. I'll continue to support Taleworlds because they turned out some really, really awesome stuff with Warband but I just wasn't impressed with this one anywhere nearly as much. I understand as a historical it had to be different and some things had to be removed as such but it sorta left me with a feeling of not being quite full. Of course the price is cheap though.

I just hope that they go back with the next one and expand on Warband significantly (keep all the old plus add a great deal of new) and give us another round of the awesome little land they introduced us to with the first two installments.
  13. DWoodrum

Random bandits xD

"randomly appearing behind you"-
    Ninja bandits
  14. DWoodrum

I don't know that this is really a "bug" per say, but I found it quite humorous when the village leader/elder told me their main products of interest for the village... aka (and yes, I'm making most of this up...  :wink:)... "This village is responsible for the production of beans, pork...
  15. DWoodrum

WFAS just too hard

I'm actually getting completely different.... but then I selected Easy mode at the beginning of the game. Did you try that? Because I'm finding that the game is a bit too easy at easy mode.. I hire on a few people and I make my money back quickly. Half the time I can sit back and whittle while my men kill off everyone.
  16. DWoodrum

Who's going back to Warband?

Frosty. said:
    Going back? I'm playing both, since they are different and I think thats what people forget, that games are different.

I agree with you. They are different, they are intended to be different... in fact, I don't want it too easy in Fire and Sword cause I want to emulate the role of a highway robber for the most part... keep it small and dirty for me.
  17. DWoodrum

fire and sword mod request post mods you would like to see

As I mentioned in another thread I would like to see a Stand And Deliver era historical mod for WF&S... complete with Newgate prison and the like.
  18. DWoodrum

Who is buying this game for single player?

That's true. I may give it a shot later when my schedule winds down enough for me to commit to certain times of meeting up
  19. DWoodrum

"Try Before You Buy" for WF&S?

That would be nice, I agree, but after having M&B it took me only about 45 minutes of playing M&B Warband before I went ahead and purchased... so I'll just purchase WF&S straight up, even though it is set to be radicially different.
  20. DWoodrum

Who is buying this game for single player?

Sir David of Derby said:
    Single player exclusively for me as well. I can't really stand multiplayer gaming. There's just so many idiots, arrogant little prats who spend all day playing on a super-fast connection and think this makes them important, so many strange online customs I don't understand like clans and such, and so on. It's just not something that engages me.

That's a lot of it for me as well.... that and my day job of working with people all day. I enjoy gaming company when I'm playing a table top game such as Pathfinder rpg, Villains & Vigilantes, or a board game, but I just don't get into the social hookup during gaming online. I know that there is a competitive angle but honestly I feel that the AIs of the game are sufficient to keep me interested without going multiplayer to meet that need of competition. And I just don't get into the attitudes and customs... if I want to socialize I'll go on facebook, if I want to game I prefer to game offline.

But, I don't have anything against those that prefer multiplayer. I'm glad that Taleworlds is committed to providing quality entertainment to both sides of the fence, single and multi player interest.
Back
Top Bottom