TaleWorlds Forums

Notealot
Notealot
thx, have a nice holiday
mexxico
mexxico
Today I returned by the way. I will check latest situation and inform players.
whentheragequithappens
whentheragequithappens
Great news!!
wendoll
wendoll
I love mexxicoooo
Notealot
Notealot
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, great news.
Cquarto91
Cquarto91
Thank you
Rycon Caldestan
Rycon Caldestan
Welcome back!
Bibito
Finally our hero is back
mexxico
mexxico
Situation is :
After refactor done 5 weeks ago lots of game mechanics & menu connections are broken about 40-50 bugs are fixed by team until now (i was away thanks to team they fixed most in a short time) however still there are issues.
mexxico
mexxico
More dangerous is some bugs are not easily can be caught by qa team - today i see one of them by luck visit scores of parties are reduced by 1/6 this means parties start not to go settlements even their party sizes are low, I see one party patrolling with 20 men and go deep in code and I also fixed it today.
mexxico
mexxico
Still there are 5-10 bugs which is discovered but not resolved approximately 1 week more is needed to fix them at least. What I suggest is when new patch is out be ready that some parts can be broken because as I said some bugs are not easily caught. By time careful & experienced players will realize them (compare situations with 1.4.2) or we will see them by luck.
mexxico
mexxico
I am totally aganist refactoring at this step, we already wrote 90% of code already after now we need to add content new quests or balance things like weak kingdoms should try to make peace with strongest enemy more. We are doing refactor to write remaining 10% easier. We could add lots to game instead of this refactor. Anyway what done is done and we spend 6 weeks on bugs of refactor caused. Now its time to move on.
mexxico
mexxico
Note : Please do not quote these in forums. I am just giving informations which include personal thoughts. Everybody can think different and can priotize different things. This is what I think.
Rycon Caldestan
Rycon Caldestan
We always appreciate hearing your thoughts! I look forward to your posts on here only second to “new patch” announcements :wink:
Sidhwen_Khorest
Sidhwen_Khorest
Thanks for the insight mexxico, good luck with the bug hunting
wendoll
wendoll
Mexico is the mvp that gives the details that many of us assumed. Sorry to hear about the trouble the retractor caused but chin up, it may help for future content. Pretty sure a lot of us want to buy expansions in the future and its never bad to have a stable foundation. But laying cement can be messy :mad:
皮w蛋
皮w蛋
Thanks!
Notealot
Notealot
Sounds that there is a long road to publish next patch. We trust you, mexxico.
GeluHUN
@mexxico just a few thoughts:

1) Thank you! :smile:

2) I hope that the one who did the decisions compares the costs and learns from it. For this refactor "project" to be successful refactor-cost + bugfix-cost + new-code-cost should be smaller or equal then old-code-cost. I know there is also a potential long time benefit, but that is potential and may or may not be realized later.
GeluHUN
3) From the sound of bug types my guess is almost no mods are going to work with the new code. This is going to generate a lot of anger with 1580 mods already out there. I hope that will not be the case, but I think this will happen on top of the anger caused by the delays.
Back
Top Bottom