Is This Game Fun?

Users who are viewing this thread

DonkeyPhartz

Recruit
I'm tempted to buy the game, but is it any fun? Is it worth the $50USD price tag for early access? I might buy it today if someone can sell me a decent pitch.

If you spend any time on the forums, you'll incessantly see threads created by different people with different gripes. I've been here a decent amount of time and still learn about new issues or bugs in the game daily, even when the game hasn't been updated in weeks. That should be a concise answer.

I really enjoy playing it - I wouldn't take the constant complaints of people on these forums into account

Although it is buggy and definitely has many features that are clearly missing, it is very fun and enjoyable to play, both in the singleplayer and multiplayer modes.
If you are looking for a finished game, wait, but if you love m+b titles I would definitely get it.

I'm just kind of confused about the direction of this game. Is it kingdom building? I can see people start there own kingdoms, but do you get perks for setting up a kingdom? Or do people just ignore setting up there own kingdoms and just snowball their armies until they can steam roll entire kingdoms?

I would repeat what Mr. Tullius said. Combat is very fun. There are some bittervets from warband that say it is "broken", but it is still fun. On the singleplayer side, the campaign is more like worldbuilding; creating a dinasty, a kingdom, to conquer everyone else. So to answer your final questions, yes. But it gets more complicated too.

I'm tempted to buy the game, but is it any fun? Is it worth the $50USD price tag for early access? I might buy it today if someone can sell me a decent pitch.
My opinion is the following - I really enjoyed the first hours of the game. It felt like I have tonnes of fun hours and all that.
But the more you play, the more you realise that the game is nothing but an empty demo. Repetative and unrewarding gameplay, lords have no differences between each other, broken diplomacy, stupid AI and repetative scenes is what awaits upon playing the game a bit longer. Oh, and also bugs. Hundreds of thousands bugs.

I suggest you waiting at least for modding tools. Modders may save this game. Or better yet - for the official game release, when (I hope) the devs will add something else aside from senseless stupid wars every second. Right now this demo ain't worth 50 dollars.

Game totally worth the 50 bucks. You are probably reading people here with +300 hours played constantly complaining about the game. It is just frustation, because the game could be even much better, but the game is already fun and enjoyable. +400 hours played here.

I think it's one of the most polished early access games on steam. Even though I bought it on day one I played more than 150 hours (since then it got a lot better). I will continue playing once it has some more content. But 150+ hours on an early access is pretty impressive (most AAA games are not played that much). But it mostly depends on if you like this kind of game or not. Did you play the previous M&B games?
Also don't mind the constant whining about bugs on the forum. The game is perfectly playable from start to finish (though it actually has no finish).
It is a sandbox kingdom management and fighting game. It has very little story. The point is you make your own story. If you like that kind of games, I'm 100% sure you will love this game.

I think it's one of the most polished early access games on steam. Even though I bought it on day one I played more than 150 hours (since then it got a lot better). I will continue playing once it has some more content. But 150+ hours on an early access is pretty impressive (most AAA games are not played that much). But it mostly depends on if you like this kind of game or not. Did you play the previous M&B games?
Also don't mind the constant whining about bugs on the forum. The game is perfectly playable from start to finish (though it actually has no finish).
It is a sandbox kingdom management and fighting game. It has very little story. The point is you make your own story. If you like that kind of games, I'm 100% sure you will love this game.
LMFAO!!!! That's the best joke... Oh, you were being serious?

Okay, yes it's very stable. You will get a crash here and there, but it's not bad. It's pretty optimized.

However, it does have issues mostly with balance and a lack of features that are more than likely due to being earlt access.

Go and watch some play through vids so you can see the game for your self and have a better idea if it's for you or not. I personally enjoy it, got it for $32.00 on sale so I'm happy.

If you're out for a finished and polished game with loads of content and mods, warband. (hell if you PM me or tag me I can give you a key for free)

If you're out to get frustrated and feel like you wasted your money, INVEST IN BANNERLORD RIGHT NOW.

One of the worst sequels to a game that ive ever played.

I was disappointed with the route that COD and Halo were going a few years back, but this blows both of them out of the water. If you get it for $5, sure :wink:

It was in development for years and this is what we get. On one hand, I enjoy the updated visuals, the refined combat, the bigger map and all sorts of quality of life features. But on the other hand, I cannot overlook the bugs, imbalance, lack of content and some of the design choices.

I have stopped playing seriously and moved into modding **** for fun. I do not want to burn out on a subpar version of the game like everyone is.

Do I regret buying it though? No. I think the game will be something amazing. Hopefully they make it amazing by the end of the year. And if not... well hopefully they give us mod tools. Warband on its own is hardly a great game. Its the mods that elevate it. And I think the same will go for Bannerlord.

I enjoy it because I really deeply enjoy riding a fast horse and shooting arrows into faces.
I also enjoy really exploiting and abusing the AI and finding lots of broken things to do.
Not much of a plug but there it is.

It was in development for years and this is what we get. On one hand, I enjoy the updated visuals, the refined combat, the bigger map and all sorts of quality of life features. But on the other hand, I cannot overlook the bugs, imbalance, lack of content and some of the design choices.

I have stopped playing seriously and moved into modding **** for fun. I do not want to burn out on a subpar version of the game like everyone is.

Do I regret buying it though? No. I think the game will be something amazing. Hopefully they make it amazing by the end of the year. And if not... well hopefully they give us mod tools. Warband on its own is hardly a great game. Its the mods that elevate it. And I think the same will go for Bannerlord.

This is a good response. There are a lot of trolls on this forum but half metal jacket has it right - the game isn't ready yet. If you want a complete experience this isn't it - however I bet if you did play it you would enjoy it.

Just remember all the people here ****ting on it probably have 300+ hours on it...

Maybe someone could create a poll with the same question. At least we would see the numbers of satisfied and unsatisfied players. If the unsatisfied players will be in a minority we can just tolerate their complaints. I am curious myself if the minority is the satisfied players or opposite. That could give a good insight to newcomers.
I personally enjoy the game. I whine a lot about the unfinished content but yet I played already 400 hours. I had EA games with 2 hour play time so 400 is impressive.

Maybe someone could create a poll with the same question. At least we would see the numbers of satisfied and unsatisfied players. If the unsatisfied players will be in a minority we can just tolerate their complaints. I am curious myself if the minority is the satisfied players or opposite. That could give a good insight to newcomers.
I personally enjoy the game. I whine a lot about the unfinished content but yet I played already 400 hours. I had EA games with 2 hour play time so 400 is impressive.
The real poll should be playtime; that would give players a much clearer idea on how much game there is.

If anyone here wants an actual unbiased opinion try watching this professional streamer talk about it. He covers the good & the bad and why you may wan to wait or jump in.

Last edited:
Yeah, polls are not really a good way to meassure how good this game is. Making a poll today would show pretty bad results, but making the same poll tomorrow after a good patch would be totally different.

While I love this game and I think It will be my all-time favorite game, I have been pretty frustrated sometimes with It. It is a mixture of impatience and the refractoring which is still making every really slow. Hopefully this change soon.

Back
Top Bottom