Recent content by Zandman

1. Zandman

ZandMod I: Troop trees, tweaks and tints [DOWNLOAD QUICKFIX - 2008-12-13]

Gerin said:
    I found another one Zand:  Swadian Heavy Crossbowmen are missing crossbows.  :mrgreen:

That's because the crossbows are so heavy that... they cannot lift them... uh, without...

This is getting embarrassing.
    I'll fix it ASAP - and I'm gonna credit you for your valuable input in the future.

Thanks again!
  2. Zandman

Missing horse on the Swadian Master Knight troop repaired!
    Quickfix available at the repository (see top of thread).
  3. Zandman

Oh, I didn't even know I had to ask - I just thought it popped up there eventually after being moved to Cartographer's.
  4. Zandman

Gerin said:
    Swadian Master Knights aren't mounted.  Please fix, thanks.  :smile:

Damn. Unbelievable.
    I didn't pick up on this mistake because I actually didn't have any Swadian Master Knight in my party while I was testing - in fact, I didn't even see one.
    This is almost as embarrassing as forgetting to give a horse to my "Camp Rider" unit.  :roll:

Will be fixed as soon as I get home from work today.
  5. Zandman

Thank you and I really appreciate the feedback, Slaad!

Pierce damage on swing? Damn... that wasn't meant to be there at all. Sometimes, if you don't watch closely, it seems Item Editor will screw some things up and switch pierce for bash (among other things). All polearms should have bashing damage. I'll look into it, and probably release a patch or an entirely new mod version, if necessary.
    Thank you very much for bringing that to my attention.

I see your problem with the low thrust damage and the axe thing and all, but I've tested it thoroughly now, and I personally think it works.
    Here's why I believe so:
    * It adds "realism". In a fight, everything isn't clean and nice. You're stressed out, things get messy, and you don't always use your weapon in an optimal way. Sometimes you swing clumsily with your spear, sometimes you stab with an axe.
    * I just don't like that the game tells me I CAN'T make a stabbing motion with an axe. I can. I'm actually doing it right now.
    * Lower damage on stabbing is because you really can't stab as hard as you swing. So unless it's a stabbing weapon per se, it's going to be less effective.
    * Attack variation. My ultimate test here was the Sea Raiders. Would they still be as dangerous when they, as you say, don't know what's the most effective attack and occasionally stab with their axes? Yes. Absolutely. Normally, they suffer a slight penalty in close quarters combat because of the axe speed, but now you can e.g. see a Sea Raider getting close, knocking his opponent back with the axe and then chopping him down like a sick branch. They're just as effective as before... and less predictable.
    * ... but all of this is just my personal opinion.  :cool:

And now I have to go fix some weapons stats...
    [EDIT]
    ...and I'm done! New item_kinds1.txt file can be found HERE

Looking forward to hearing more about the new troops and how they're working out.
  6. Zandman

mightywolve said:
    The Troop trees looks Great!  :grin:

I hope you will put lots of new stuff in it!

You've my support  :wink:

Thank you!

I hope you like it, and yeah - there will be more stuff.
    ZandMod II will feature more armors, weapons and horses - some of them made by me, lots more from the OSP. It think it'll be quite cool.
  7. Zandman

Broken spoiler buttons in thread?

So it's just because it's been moved from The Pioneer's Guild to The Cartographer's Guild?

Why on Earth wouldn't Cartographer's Guild allow the spoiler button to work? That's... puzzling.  :???:
  8. Zandman

Broken spoiler buttons in thread?

Something seems to be wrong with my mini-mod thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,49398.0.html I used to have some spoiler buttons on there, so that the troop trees listing wouldn't fill the entire screen and that people could check out whatever they wanted to check out, but...
  9. Zandman

Thrown items as melee and vice versa?

ultimaratioregum said:
    Are you trying to just make a new throwing weapon, or make it so that a melee weapon can also be used as a throwing weapon?
    [...]

I'm only doing the first. I just want a new throwing weapon, with an ammo of 1.
  10. Zandman

Thrown items as melee and vice versa?

Helgifj said:
    Well, Ive tried to make throwing spears from lances, just for fun it, it was really silly, but that worked perfectly when I did it and I only used the item editor

... and you had none of the issues I've mentioned in this thread, regarding the ammo not counting down, the reappearing spear and all that?

If not - what the heck have I done wrong?
  11. Zandman

"Ryuzaki's animation mini-mod 0.7"

GetAssista said:
    Check sig? I thought the title was quite clear, though the font is pretty small, yes

Sorry, I can't understand any of that. Check signature? Whose signature? And the title of what?
  12. Zandman

OSP: The Open Source Project

ssfsx17 said:
    [...]
    When I try to start my mod, I get an error:

RGL ERROR

attempt to reregister texture costumes3_maw.dds

Perhaps there is quite a bit more work to be done in fixing up the OSP packs? I would have expected the makers of these packs to have at least tried to load them in the game.

What I've found to be the safest way is to do this (I'm using an example for OSP helmets):
    1: Put all the OSP textures (.dds) in the mod texture folder.
    2: Copy one of the ORIGINAL .brf files from the game (like helmets_b.brf or what it's called) to the mod resource folder. Don't change the name.
    3. Open your new helmets_b.brf in BRFedit and import the OSP equipment to that file. Save.
    4. Open module.ini and change the load_resource = helmets_b to
    load_mod_resource = helmets_b.
    You basically don't ADD a line to the module.ini, you just change one.

I don't know if it's more complicated than necessary, but it's worked for me so far.
  13. Zandman

"Ryuzaki's animation mini-mod 0.7"

GetAssista said:
    Sure, it's possible :wink:
    You can stack several animations and assign them to the same action. Native mostly has 1 animation per action. All those animations should be from native too though, or, better say, "sequences of frames" should be from native

- and there won't be an error if you assign more animations than one to the same action?
    Also, do you know for certain that there will be a random effect; that the game won't just choose the first animation available in the stack?
Back
Top Bottom