Recent content by Zaakjes

1. Zaakjes

Bows and Arrows, animations and sounds

Sorry for the bump-up of an old topic, but I can relate to the problem that the OP describes and if anyone else wants to fix this, I can give a simple solution. Like Hanakoganei says, the missile physics aren't so much different from the Native. My personal biggest problem was the fact that with the new textures, the arrows were barely visible and when you missed a shot, it became hard to judge where the arrow actually landed (to keep in mind for the next shot). So I restored the native arrow texture on all arrows. I'm not a coder, programmer or even any kind of computer nerd, so you can be sure that this is pretty easy to do yourself. This is how I did it:

1. Download and install Notepad++ from https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

2. Copy your Floris Expanded Mod Pack folder.

3. Go to the new Floris Expanded Mod Pack folder, in my own case in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Floris Expanded Mod Pack 2.54 - kopie. Find the file item_kinds1.txt in this very folder. Open it in Notepad++.

3. In Notepad++, press ctrl+f for the 'Find' function. Type the word 'flying' in the search field and click 'Find All in Current Document'. What you get is something like this:

arrowtexfix1.jpg

These files with '_flying' at the end are the files that determine what the arrow will look like. So, in Floris each type of arrow actually looks differently in the air. Practice Arrows are referring to we_pla_arrow_flying. Barbed Arrows are referring to we_nor_arrow_barbed_flying.

In Native, however, every type of missile looks the same. If I search for 'flying' in the item_kinds1.txt file of Native, I find out that there's no such thing as we_nor_arrow_barbed_flying references. Every arrow looks the same, namely as flying_missile. See next pic.

arrowtexfix2.jpg

Solution??? Change all the '_flying' names in Floris' item_kinds1.txt to 'flying_missile'. It will make the arrows look the same as in Native. Changing the text is done in the upper field -- use the bottom field to doubleclick on each line to jump to that line quickly.

For me this solved a great bit of the problems of the archery changes in Floris.
  2. Zaakjes

Rate the song above you!

I could appreciate it. As background music. 3,5/5

Lost In Thought - Assimulate, Destroy
  3. Zaakjes

Wie gaat er naar Festivals???

spijdie said:
    wie gaat er naar serieus request?
    Ikke. Sowieso.. haha. Met de studentenvereniging dingetjes organiseren enzo. Ideaal.
  4. Zaakjes

Just an 'advanced' chemistry question that I was always wondering about

Hehe, I was thinking a bit too deep I guess. I was thinking about organic substances and so.. About reducing the volume of a certain amount of oxygen and so, if you could bind it together. And then, like in a spaceship, releasing a certain amount of oxygen over time.
  5. Zaakjes

Can you get the oxygen out of the water easily too?
  6. Zaakjes

I have noticed that there are some smart people around here so I thought it would be at least worth a try to ask this here, instead of making a new account somewhere else.. I've been wondering one thing for a long time.. Can you store oxygen in a liquid or solid substance to release it in gas...
  7. Zaakjes

Calradian Bronze Age PROJECT, VERY WIP

Sounds very interesting and I'll certainly try it too!
  8. Zaakjes

Effective tactics for a redicilously-easy-obtainable-units-only-army

I cannot afford too much men. Another castle means alot more loans so I rather have other lords doinbg that at the moment.
  9. Zaakjes

Haha, in fact the closest allied castle is Reindi. It's the only connection to allied territory. I may be on a place easy to reach from anywhere, but I'm also an easy target haha. I'm trying to make a garrison of about 350-400 men. I don't have other castles anyway.
  10. Zaakjes

Hanakoganei said:
    Being a crazy tactician like I am, I'd personally ride out and fight them outside the castle instead of waiting for them to complete the ladders. If you can whittle their numbers down enough, it could make the actual siege easier later. In fact, they might even just call the whole thing off. There was one situation when I did this where most of the lords had 0/1 troops, but they pressed on anyway with a total of 200+ troops against my army of about 80 tier 4-5 troops and 120+ (lower tier) troops in the castle. I won easily.
    Yes, that's what I had been thinking too, so it's what I did and I finally won it too. Dhirim is still mine :smile:.

What I did was calling for allied troops so I had a decent army to work with. I actually forgot that you could do that too.. haha. I have made alot of friends previously because I often go to enemy castles and town to rescue prisoners. Now they returned the favor by following me into the fights. We suffered alot of loss though. One mistake I made was that I made the line of infantry too thin. The enemy cavalry just pushed through it and started attacking the archers. I didn't think there would be cavalry on the enemy side anyway, because my enemy is nord. It seemed that they had several foreign lords in the army. Anyway, I was lucky to have both heavy cavalry (memuls, hashamy) and horse archers (iqta'dar, amazons) so the enemy didn't really know what to do... stand close or spread out. I positioned the infantry right on their spawning place, so the battles went pretty quickly too. :p
  11. Zaakjes

Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Bennoman1 said:
    Zaakjes said:
    Just a stupid question but how many tools and wool do I need to move our residence.
    If you mean move court, then I think it's the same as Native - one item of tools and one bolt of velvet.
    Ooh.. velvet. I thought they meant wool when they said wool. xd
  12. Zaakjes

Well, to explain the situation in a little bit more detail... there's an army of 600 nords about to besiege my town. I will no matter what not allow that :wink:. They will need to make a siege tower which will take about 66 hours. I got an army of 55 manhunters, 30 caravan guards, 20 swordsmen, 7 mercenary horsemen, 11 women warriors, about 10 rhodok infantry, few sarranid horses and horse archers and alot of tier 1 farmers and peasant women, just obtained from hunting bandit. So, I guess I'll have to search for replacement for the tier 1's.

I might be able to lure small groups of enemies from my town so I can take them out slowly. Now the only problem is that their troops are waay better than mine. But I'm happy that they at least don't have much cavalry.

Since I don't have any archers, except one hunter from a village :p and the horse archers, Hanakoganei's secondary enfilading fire line can't be used. The swordsmen could be used to lure the enemy, but I don't know about the women warriors since they're not really defensive. I could make a seperate group of them... Also I think I should make two groups of the cavalry, one with the manhunters and the other with the rest, which I could send to the left and to the right. I'm not sure how that should work out. Also I'm not sure who they should attack. I could sandwich the enemy's infantry or send one group to the infantry and the other to the archery line.

So that's all that I could come up with. :p
  13. Zaakjes

Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Just a stupid question but how many tools and wool do I need to move our residence.
  14. Zaakjes

If you just lost your entire army and need to get as many units you can get as fast as possible, sometimes you just got no choice than to build an army consisting of the following units: Manhunters Caravan Guards Mercenary Swordsmen Mercenary Horsemen Townsmen Peasant Women Farmers 1-tiered...
Back
Top Bottom