Recent content by wormydowg

1. wormydowg

Is it OK that you can block 2m bardiche with a knife?

Hold your horses,

few pointers....
    Blocking physics requires more than weapon mass.
    The game is not trying to mimic such behaviors.

2. wormydowg

Small things in Warband that bother you?

BIGGER Kentucky James XXL said:
    Coding formations is relatively easy and is basically just straightforward coordinate algebra. RTS games often have pretty complex formation mechanics and date back to the early 90s. What can be a burden on the CPU however is when you introduce individual pathfinding and collision. But even then, a game can handle tens of thousands of agents: Rome Total War had all these mechanics and was released in 2003. Battles could exceed 3000 men on each side, far exceeding anything you get in warband. The problem is that warband treats everyone like an individual meaning essential tasks like morale mechanics, collision or pathfinding are insanely inefficient.

Yeah if only they could deal with morale on a group level.... calculate it by group and just when ever a soldier is suppose to route, pull a random soldier from the group?
  3. wormydowg

Any videos without poor players that shows combat properly?

I saw a bunch of blocks of full on text.
    SO i wanted to contribute.
    Here is my block of text.

My block of text doesn't like esports because my block of text thinks esports has detrimented the gaming industry.
    The reason games do all these gambling techniques and drip feed you rewards is simply in response to everyone wanting an equal playing ground.
    Not to mention the whole idea is driven by the communities ego. I mean why else would you strive to be the best in a multiplayer dependent game?

I am not sinking time into this game just because its an alternative to work, or school. I sink time into this game because every new game is an entirely new story,
    and depending on the build of your character, and entirely new set of different thought provoking challenges.
    I want the combat to just make sense, and i want it to compliment the single player story.

Multiplayer combat requires balance, but single player combat just requires preparation and thinking.
  4. wormydowg

Story mode, ships, facekey, random events and m&b 3.

Lord Engineer said:
    Brevity is definitely something to be commemorated in speech. I would be lying if I said I wasn't envious of clear, concise writers.
    I prefer to get out what I want to say, and that I would rather use more words and be clear than use less and be misinterpreted.

Lol what they make up in focus, you make up in abstraction.... Seriously.
    I don't want to go off topic, but yeah
    // High dopamine production = Better focus = Extremely concise thought
    // Low dopamine production = Better abstraction = Better artistic expression

Keep in mind, Too much dopamine will make you into a sociopath, and Too little will give you depression

If you ever try and funnel your thought through an artistic medium of some sort, I'm sure you will have great success.
    But there is no guarantee that you will finish any projects that you start  :lol:

5. wormydowg

Story mode, ships, facekey, random events and m&b 3.

Lord Brutus said:
    Obviously, some of us have way too much free time. 
    John C said:
    Whereas others can barely make time to squeeze in a cynical one-liner here and there.

Lol But where would this forum be without lord Brutus, the forums lovable cynic.

Naw, yes his personality might off set the value of his post, but his post still has merit.  :razz:

That being said, John C does give everyone the benefit of the doubt, which is really helpful for maintaining activity on the forums.

Sorry just trying to get everyone to realize the importance of personality difference on this forum.
  6. wormydowg

What bannerlord needs to be a successful

logox4 said:
    2.Develope new technologies and science? In reality the mongolians used bombs and fire arrows and heavy artillery during their invasion of japan. It would be super cool to be able to actually throw bombs at troops and make them flee as they see the despair destruction and death as they are stupid enough to beseige your castles and get blown away by advanced science and heavy artillery bombs and early age muskets like the arabic jannassires used. And maybe we can advance to the modern age and get assault rifles and world war 1 in bannerlord and we can have 100% destruction and nuclear warfare and option for genocide if our level in science is high enough.

Is this trolling?

More like a cry for help.

Too much effort for a troll.
  7. wormydowg

Don't feel pressured Taleworlds

@Whole Thread
    11274146.jpg

What ever.
  8. wormydowg

can lord be ill in Bannerlord or have heart attack?

lithin said:
    It can add lot of realistic to Bannerlord. King died in hearth attack and kingsdom is in break. Or king was poisoned by other kingsdom.What do you think about that? It is too difficult? (It is only my idea and question)

Yeah if you get knocked out in battle, or the enemy lord gets knocked out, Late game atleast you start picking up health problems. I wouldn't mind if the problems were more than just a stat reduction, perhaps the stat reduction occurs over time till your character eventually gets claimed by it.

So a fractured skull might give you a shorterm intelligence de buff, then that should go away, and then after awhile your charisma and intelligence should start taking incremental hits till your character goes insane.

Of course this should be associated with the Realism difficulty. Kinda like Fallout New Vegas's hardcore mode.
  9. wormydowg

It actually IS possible to block arrows with sword.

Orion said:
    Lord Brutus said:
    Terminal velocity of a falling bullet is about 300 feet per second.  It's unlikely you would die if struck by a falling bullet.
    Unlikely != impossible, and terminal velocity will be greatly affected by size, shape, and orientation of the bullet. Also, when fired at any angle other than vertical, the bullet will maintain the angular component of its ballistic trajectory. Also, it's incredibly unlikely that a person will be able to fire a bullet perfectly vertical (which would induce tumbling as it came back down), so it is therefore highly likely that the bullet will remain spin-stabilized and therefore maintain a much more aerodynamically efficient orientation, greatly increasing its terminal velocity. Please don't give people the wrong idea, it's not safe to fire a gun into the air, and people do die from falling bullets on a regular basis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebratory_gunfire

Kids, don't shoot guns into the air. How this isn't common knowledge by now is beyond me.

Oh its common knowledge alright, but the part of the brain where its stored does not take priority in some individuals, not when they are happy & excited  :razz:.
  10. wormydowg

Roccoflipside said:
    Yeah, I always figured the size of M&B battles didn't require bows to be fired in an arc like that. Plus, that kind of firing was mostly done by groups of archers, as you will be less accurate, but it matters less as you're firing hundreds of arrows at once, while in M&B you need to be able to have one person, the player, aim and shoot the bow accurately. I don't think anyone here wants to be constantly staring up into the sky and then quickly looking at the enemy to see how close they were to hitting, and then having to look back up to shoot again just to see that they moved right when you shot.

Nobody arced their shots though. Lets say you take a (9mm pistol - .30 caliber rifle) and shot it straight up in the air, to where the bullet could hit you. The bullet comming down would be slowed down enough by air resistance that it would dent/fracture your skull but wouldn't kill you.

Arcing your shots would make them ineffective, rule of thumb is 45 degree angle or less. at a 45 degree angle, the arrow maintains its maximum forward momentum until colliding with the ground (Without air resistance that is). So really, if a group of archers wanted to pelt a group of people, they would aim directly at them or a little above them, Not at the sky.  :iamamoron:
    03_20.jpg

Notice how the angling of more than 45 degrees would severely impact the forward momentum.

Edited - Yeah i misread, my bad. And by arc i meant deliberately try and rain arrows. Every arrow has to arc.
  11. wormydowg

Devs timeline

Terco_Viejo said:
    wibd.gif

It all comes down to belief and feelings. We are in darkness again, although we now have devblogs with screenshots...
    When you faint, contemplate my signature and smile.

well to be fair if jesus did come back.... now atleast.... someone... maybe the goverment, or a corperation, would abuse him?

i can think of a few uses for jesus

wine manufacturing

the drive thru at a hospital, get all your cures to go.

michelle obama now has a way to feed everyone without sacrificing the school lunch food quality.

A decent carpenter and a phoneline to god? who wouldnt want that on their payroll?

sorry, i know its kinda bit off topic, just it was addressing his signature that made bannerlord out to be "like the comming massiah".
  12. wormydowg

Working the fields/mines/lumber camps

Blongo said:
    People just want to ease into their character man. Start off as a humble farmer, work their way up.
    If the game ever implements a hardcore mode that makes the world very deadly and unforgiving, you might appreciate the low risk, low pay additive.

I want to heavily utilize the family mechanic, so of course im not going to dive into being a lord just yet. It should take generations.

I guess you both aren't a huge fan of foreplay.

I don't have any problems with these ideas in principle, in fact I really like the idea of being a generic farmer and not an immortal homeless war deity like in warband. But if they want to implement anything like this they'd have to create an entire game's worth of mechanics to support it. If you just slapped in a farming mechanic without anything for it to lead to or interact with (and don't say "money" because Calradia basically prints the stuff and that's not the point here), it's going to be a boring orphaned mechanics which nobody will use.
    There is a tonne of smaller scale stuff the game would need in order for the player's individual farming to make any sense. Having a house, for example. Paying taxes to somebody. Being answerable to a village elder on a social level and not just as a generic questgiving NPC. Having other responsibilities which mean you can't just wander off when you feel like it during harvest season. Without these, how are you supposed to roleplay as a farmer when it's little more than a weekend job for a 12 year old?

Maybe when Taleworlds is a 1,000 strong studio we can talk about creating this gigantic edritch hybrid between {RPG, action game, real time strategy, real time tactics, politics simulator} and {resource manager, trade simulator, medieval sims, crafting game}.

... good point.

I can totally see how this feature being slapped on would be detrimental, and the devs already seem preoccupied with just reimplimenting features from warband.

aww  :sad:

13. wormydowg

Working the fields/mines/lumber camps

Lord Brutus said:
    Warband is not and never has been a medieval noncombat simulator. Warband doesn't even give you a home, you technically don't need to eat, and the inventory system lets you carry 40 stashes of raw meat (fit to feed an army of 200 men for days), but not 41 daggers. Nothing outside of combat is given much attention and you can see this in an instant if you try to play warband as a pacifist. I dont expect this to change in bannerlord.

If taleworlds decided to let you farm and mine resources personally, this would be an orphaned mechanic which wouldn't relate to anything else currently confirmed to be in the game. Why would you gain renown or even money for a task which any old serf can do? What do you do with those resources except for sending them to your enterprises, which is yet another feature nobody uses? And how is one person supposed to mine enough iron or cut enough wheat to influence the wider world at all?
    The scale of warband / bannerlord is just too large for something like this. There's nothing interesting at the personal level of this game because that's never been the focus. There are no game systems to interact with outside of those related in some way to warfare and geopolitics.
    It's hard to put into words how much I agree with this statement.  Even when I'm not grumpy.

People just want to ease into their character man. Start off as a humble farmer, work their way up.
    If the game ever implements a hardcore mode that makes the world very deadly and unforgiving, you might appreciate the low risk, low pay additive.

I want to heavily utilize the family mechanic, so of course im not going to dive into being a lord just yet. It should take generations.

I guess you both aren't a huge fan of foreplay.
  14. wormydowg

Harmi said:
    Why would shields give you immunity if full metal helmets doesn't give?

Also the developers were like we know arrows bounce off armor, but we dont want to consider implimenting that as a feature in the name of game balance...

woah... i know that would hurt archers significantly, but to even it out, just make plate armor rare. it should be hard to get. they even saided they made troop trees specifically because it didnt make since for every peasent to have the ability to become a mounted knight.

people in plate armor should dominate... and archers are not useless in melee combat as everyone would assume. Archers would still be useful even if there was a probibility factor associated with their arrows not doing damage to far away armored targets...

also different types of arrow heads were a thing... perhaps that should be implimented...
  15. wormydowg

Horse kicking, Tell me why it's a bad idea.

Ruler of Calradia said:
    Certainly to a point horses were treated as more expendable than humans.

Nope.....
    Humans were more expendable than horses.
    Horses were quite expensive.
    Humans were not.

I'd say they were treated better than humans.
Back
Top Bottom