Recent content by wolfson

1. wolfson

Time Travelling Horse Riding Longbowmen, Sphincterism, Dispelling Myth, Expertise, Turkeytism.

My cousin Vinny Billabob was a medieval horse riding longbowman freely able to travel back and forward in time to answer any questions i may have after accidentally discovering a rip in the fabric of space time also connected to a wormhole with time travelling properties, the only side effect...
  2. wolfson

Resolved Game/ Campaign Breaking Bug. Main Questline Bug

Hi,

Yes after I posted it i discovered it was a quite well known bug :wink: I dont post often but when i do my posts seem to be popular. I started one a few months ago that is still going lol. Probably because they are intelligently written.

Anyway while im here just a quick side note of something I think should be implemented:

When the Player is caught by enemy Lords they have the option to offer money to escape and so on. I think the same fair rules should apply to help the player make money. If I catch an enemy Lord the option for them to pay to avoid combat at an amount balanced to their power should be available. It allows the player to make money too. I did a degree in Medieval & Classical History so I can say that if hypothetically a Lord was caught out with only a small guard, money exchanging and ransoming were seen as viable options. This game is still fair with fair rules applied but building the game in favour of the AI to try and make it intersting is a blunt method. If the player can pay enemies, enemies should be able to pay player.
  3. wolfson

Resolved Game/ Campaign Breaking Bug. Main Questline Bug

Cant seem to post in technical help/ bug reports so not sure where to post this. CAMPAIGN/ GAME BREAKING BUG. Character Imperial. Joined Aserai. Completed Dragon Banner. Gave to Unqid. Defeated the x3 Forest Parties sent to prowl near my Castle. Next stage is to defeat 'Conspiracy Party' sent...
  4. wolfson

Campaign Breaking Bug.

Cant seem to post in technical help/ bug reports so not sure where to post this. CAMPAIGN/ GAME BREAKING BUG. Character Imperial. Joined Aserai. Completed Dragon Banner. Gave to Unqid. Defeated the x3 Forest Parties sent to prowl near my Castle. Next stage is to defeat 'Conspiracy Party' sent...
  5. wolfson

Resolved Game Death Deal Breakers

Your supposed to have improved it over 3 months from what it was not redacted backwards. And i am understanding why people cheat in games because whats the point not doing so? Whats the point in doing it legitimately, spending hours of your life on it only to get fukd later by a bug shipped with the product that ruins your experience and the time invested. Ive always been a hands on legitimate purist type but when I load up Bannerlord in a minute i am going to award myself the best of everything and a stack load of cash because whats the point n earning it, building workshops and so on when its all totally fubared. In fact beyond just enjoying the battles there's nothing else worth doing as its shagged currently and basically unplayable. Nice work.
  6. wolfson

I started this whole thread and I go away from the game for three months, come back, its freshly reinstalled on a new freshly installed Windows and you've managed to fubar the game up worse than it was before!

Bugged caravan missions with mini men halfway into the ground that wont take damage but will wipe your party out, bugged other missions which totally destroy all saves even if they were saved before you took the mission. Hours wasted.

And a crash reporting tool that is also fubared, and doesn't work spouting some nonsense about no disk space. Not a computer error game maker error!

and I notice you still haven't sorted out basic stuff like the talents you start with when you create a character that still vanish 10 seconds after starting playing.

Buying early access games is just stupid, i should never have done it and anyone else that does is foolish All it does is line game makers pockets before they have even made the product. What other industry can or would you do that? You don't buy a half made television or hoover do you??

Early Access is a dumb idea and has little to do with involving customers and a lot more to do with compnies wanting a quick cash fix, well first and last time.

I don't know when you actually plan to release this game but if its another two years you let me know then. Unless im getting paid i can find better uses for wasting my time than as an involuntary beta tester.

:xf-mad:
  7. wolfson

Unfortunately a few days ago due to one faulty disk my entire RAID array wigged out. I had to delete partitions and reinstall Windows. As I am treating myself to a new PC from Overclockers in January I have only bothered with a barebones install of Windows 8.1 and basics. I have sunk a lot of hours into Bannerlord already so will leave it for a bit and take the opportunity to play old skool owned games again such as 'Panzer Corps Gold', 'Talos Principle', 'Borderlands GOTY.' 'Hearts of Iron III w/ BlackICE Mod.' It also means I reinstalled Warband as I particularly like the GoT Mod: 'A World of Ice & Fire.'

[MArdA Taleworlds] ADDITIONAL CHANGES I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN BANNERLORD DRAWING UPON WARBAND.

1) Portable Camps like in Warband. I enjoyed being able to defend them fighting a battle at them in the wild.

2) Legendary Smiths. The ability to have Master Smiths scattered in the world to craft quality gear for the player who has the money. This is a standard in medieval worlds, from those that crafted Anduril in Lord of the Rings, Geralt of Rivia aka The Witcher to Tywin Lannister's on the books smiths who reforged one large Valyrian steel sword into two smaller ones.

3) Marry Anyone. Self explanatory, not just nobility. Divorce or even arrange an accident for your bored with wife :smile:

4) Wound Effects. Wounds have derogatory effects and left untreated may become permanent scars with potential negative/positive RP qualities.

5) Naval Combat. As in Warband, Naval Small Unit Gameplay, Boarding Actions and so on..

That's all for now.
  8. wolfson

Well as long as you realise theres a lot of work you have to do. So pass this on. Most of the player complaints ive read are valid. Theres no excuse for memory issues with your game in 2020, this isn't the stone age:

Players shouldnt have to make mods to get titles on their sprites and every other lord sprite, this should be in the game. titles should be auto.

Players shouldn't have to make mods to loot lords they execute, thats kind of obvious and should be in the game

Your Blacksmithing system just isnt funny, and im pretty tolerant myself, a double increase in stamina would do it for me and you should be able to acquire smithing stamina while on campaign map, youv'e made it so players either have to choose to move or smith, not realistic or useful.

Marrying anyone and ability to divorce or kill your spouse [even with consequences] like in Crusader Kings should be in game.

I was using a mod to get trade XP from my caravans, again should be in game implemented otherwise the trade system is worthless as it would be impractical to manually acquire it personally when the focus of the game is combat. Again like smithing you either have to focus on trade or something else, smithing, trade, conquering are not currently blended well in my opinion. i think others feel likewise.

Persistant Lock should definitely be in game as standard, do you realise how much hassle it is when you neatly organise your party for control and logistics only to find after one battle the list is all messed up, making it a major headache especially if you have had to supplement your troops with prisoners from other cultures, it leaves a disordered mess! Persistent Lock units in the order you put them in. Persistent Lock should also apply to other lists too because if you have something you want to keep, that currently means that you have to manually click sell everything so that you dont accidentally sell your 'keeps.' Excess click micromanagement and no Bannerlord player enjoys it i can tell you that. I have detested that since Warband.

Various other mods ive listed but havent tried, but all look very good conceptually. And i realise theres a limit to what can be put in but these things above are common sense.

I hope this post gets to the right people.
  9. wolfson

Its OK. Im on your side. Between you and me it royally annoys me when people slam developers and kick off and whine and complain about games that are Early Access. Thats why they are early access because they are unfinished and unmade, thats the point, folks should feel lucky there is even an early access option instead of murdering developers over an unfinished product, even Bannerlord has taken some nasty hits on google but what do these people expect? Its in production, stop whining! i was a late comer to M&B because intially the advertising didnt attract me, i mean it was years before i played Warband, but when I finally tried it from user reviews I realised what i had been missing. As a Total War fan who will likely never buy another Total war title again because theres been a dynamic ethos shift in CA and not for the better im relying on you to keep this series going. In many ways its actually better than TW.

I rarely get involved or write on forums and Ive never bought any games on Early Access, Period. Its never a good idea, for obvious reasons however I have bought Bannerlord on early access so that says something about your product. Ive already clocked 390 hours so id say i had a reliable point of view.

I will say I would like to see deeper roleplay elements, add more depth otherwise the series may become stale and also for myself im a puritan when it comes to realism, so for one customer feedback example:

RESOURCE REDRESS

it makes little sense that they are growing grapes outside in frozen snow covered territories such as Battania [which no one does in real world] ergo kills realism for me. It wouldnt take you much to make the dynamic more realistic by replanning resource spread such as having the majority of grape producers in the south, like Aserai which is far more realistic climate wise and have timber producers in the north like Battania. Done correctly not only would this make the game more realistic but make for interesting dynamics resource wide rather than trying to give every empire a balance of all resources which is not realistic even in real world. It would in my opinion make trading more interesting and fulfilling and wouldnt wreck your game because theres aenough resources available that every empire would have strengths and weaknesses. So most of the mines are in Temperate Northern lands so what? Most of the Grapes are in the Tropical South. It all balances out, currently for me as a realist it doesnt jive to see Battanian villages covered in snow with vineyards.

Im grateful developers take an interest in my opinions, ive always seemed to get that, probably intelligent resposnses appeal, My ongoing emails with developers helped design the final product of War for the Overworld the modern reincarnation of Dungeon Keeper and i suppose a claim to fame is, i was part of a team that designed what would become one of Elder Scrolls Morrowind's most famous mods back in the day, i even got a prize from Bethesda over it, we all did so thats kind of cool :smile: My first degree was Medieval & Classical History at Oxford so designing the correct equipment and knowledge for the medieval period is something I can do so im quite chuffed developes think im worth listening to.

I shall attempt to recreate the conditions that brought on my game wrecking issue and see if it happens again for your edifcation. May take awhile and a fair few hours..

Oh and mods are a good thing, so do continue to make code available as there are some excellent mod offerings out there. The Game of Thrones Mod for Warband was excellent i think, though the 7 mods I was using in Bannerlord are all things you guys should be implementing yourselves such as Titles, Looting Lords you kill, Ability to marry anyone, Deeeper Diplomacy options and so on..
  10. wolfson

im currently reinstalling the game as per your suggestion, but beyond the error reporting box that allows a quick report to be sent how do i actually provide you a SAV file? Everything has now been deleted which is what you suggested so obviously anything current is now gone. Also it might take days to reacquire the exact criteria that may have caused it, because it was 1099 in my campaign when it happened and id put a lot of hours in beforehand.
  11. wolfson

My Game: Version 1.5.1

@MAndA: Sure I can remove mods they are not important though I really dont think its mod related, as it only began after yesterdays Hotfix but ill try it anyway, and yes ive tried a number of things including verifying through Steam. These are the obvious things gamers will do first usually.

@Ananda: I do have one save from before this happened but its right at the beginnning of the campaign, but I can play that for awhile and see what happens, but as above my instinct is it will happen with this save also as im pretty sure its either sound or memory related and arrived with new Hotfix.
  12. wolfson

never really considered bothering reporting it because its an Early access game and i dont expect much and i figure ill just log on one day and it will be fixed because i would be very surprised if im the only one with the problem, however you can move it if you like. except for the report box that sometimes comes up when game is alt tab closed which ive sent to them a few times i havent collected any other tech data.
  13. wolfson

ive actually logged on since posting this and ive noticed certain areas of my campaign map are acting up. so for example as i said in post being at War with Khuzait means i started heading their direction eastwards, boom immediate lag. when i tested theory from relogging and instead went SE towards Quyaz because im at war also with Aserai it took longer to lag out and misbehave so its almost like there are black hole zones on my map if you get me. Or it could be theres a lot going on and a lot of forces on the map.

The audio is all messed up so its either memory or audio related. The odd thing is when i alt tab out to look at usage it says im only using 25 percent of my memory. but im no expert on all this. I will keep my save but basically my game is fubar. i even logged on and didnt move at all and just watched seeing what would happen and it only took around 3 minutes for it to start acting out so just being in game is enough whatever the problem is. Its unplayable for me.

shame too as ive had some private messages from folks interested on how i became King of the Vlandians which im guessing is quite unusual. Ill keep save anyway, hopefully it will be fixed, but it is early release so i cant really complain.
  14. wolfson

hi. yes im also on 1.5.1 and everything has been robust until the latest hotfix, ive never had any major issue playing but basically what ive seen since todays hotifix is a campaign map version of what i often saw in sieges, the stuttering and freezing. I only ever experienced these in sieges and i wisely learnt to avoid them by simply watching a siege from a distance and not getting close or involved with the sprites. And my game was working fine prior to the hotfix a few hours ago. I played this afternoon no problem, went away for dinner and a couple of episodes of Game of Thrones..

Come back and game is buggered as soon as i load save it starts on campaign map with the music stutter, then the lag and then the freeze, its rendered it unplayable for me because quitting and reloading doesnt fix it, it just starts again.

Its an interesting campaign this one too. Khuzait owns most of the map. Only Khuzait, Aserai, Battania and Myself (Vlandia) have presence {cities or castles) and im currently King of Vlandia having (unexpectedly!) been voted in after Dethbert passed away of old age. This is more curious as i am an Empire noble who joined Vlandia after wedding Liena, so its not even my culture. Must have impressed the King :smile:

Battania is almost squashed just a couple of turns ago I seized 3 castles and 1 city in quick succession then made peace. Aserai and Khuzait have just simultaneously declared war on me, its 1099.

Theres a lot going on but that has nothing to do with the memory issue and ive concluded its hotfix related as my game was fine before.

FUBAR!
  15. wolfson

Ive been playing this since release [series long term fan.] Ive clocked up 389.5 hours and have always been able to successfully play it, its always been robust for me, I even have a small handful of outdated mods installed that have had no derogatory impact on the game. Im not sure what you...
Back
Top Bottom