1. Wojciech Bator

Metal, metal, metal

I'm back with more metal than ever:

Virya - Karma (Playthrough)

Tell me what you think \m/
  2. Wojciech Bator

Seriously, what happened?

But they already have seasons?
    Yeah, summer and winter. No weather effects and full, realistic cycle, as it was presented.
  3. Wojciech Bator

Seriously, what happened?

Yeah, TBH - I also got hyped back in 2016. Watching this trailer from now I can see that things like lightning/global illumination (I don't mean shadows), troops and melee animations were even better than they are now. Hard to tell why it deteriorated, troops change is a design choice, lightning could be related to some performance. They will probably introduce seasons and replay mode at some time, as they promised that long time ago. Ceasing that would be unprofessional and they are well aware of that.

I left this game after some time of playing. It seems they also focused a lot on making balanced world simulation with distributed strength and that works, but is very empty and lacking the balls in the longer run. I wait for total conversion mods like western, GoT or late medieval ones for immersion.

Kudos to game engine team for great optimization, you guys are brilliant. Good job on world simulation and balance of powers too. Good job on scenes. A big BOO to unused potential, lack of immersion, lack of character, poor design choices and bland, repeative gameplay.
  4. Wojciech Bator

Patch Notes e1.8.1

@Callum, when does the TW plan to share last pre-release version? Release is in 3 weeks, there is seemingly lots of new things coming in and the sooner you get reports of how things are, the better for you.
  5. Wojciech Bator

SP - General The Big Problem with Combat -- Unit collision and mass [FIX / SUGGESTION]

Hey, seems you've made improvements here. One question: the guys on sides seem to not protect themselves with their shields. Any chance they can use them better?
  6. Wojciech Bator

Statement regarding Singleplayer IV

You shouldn't HAVE to have a mod to finish a game that's currently in beta. When the POINT of beta is to get feed back on what to add to finish the base game?
    I think you might've miss me here. I was addressing these to Taleworlds guys. Gathered all useful QoL improvements I thought are useful and relatively easy to put in game. That was a response to their QoL improvements section in the main post. I don't encourage anyone to use mods to Play gamę conveniently as that wouldn't really add to the thread. All in all, they got tons of similar feedback and it seems hardly to be included in the vision.
  7. Wojciech Bator

Statement regarding Singleplayer IV

During the time I played the game, I found out a few QoL mods that I think are a must and you guys should definitely consider:
    - hotkeys support, quick menu management, also in conversation dialogs
    - better time, I find it nice to speed up the gamę even more, 8, 16x speed
    - party screen management, auto update troops based on saved preferences, sorting troops, auto grab prisoners, from the most valuable tiers
    - have a junk pile, auto grab as many loot from the most pricey till the experience shared with warriors limit. I imagine it this way: player picks nice things. Then 1 click button grabs the rest to junk pile, but only to the limit of party shared experience. This would reduce grinding a lot
    - evolve villages with their project, train Elite troops from castles, manage populations of slaves, serfs, craftmen and nobles. Just look on banner kings mod, it's a great idea for more immersive playstyle
    - All in all, the UI seems undeveloped compared to engine and battles, add things like one click actions for tedious, repeated stuff, sorting, filtering of menus
    - develop diplomacy, allow to send messengers to lorda via encyclopaedia, the already known ones maybe, allow for more real actions. Enc. Is a tool with great potential
    - improve combat, make it more fluid, more fluid aiming with attacking, so that you can change the direction with just moving the mouse
    - feasts, come on. Bloc already proved that it's doable. Consider it a really useful tool, combined with messengers, it can add a lot
    - Play as a troop, have a look at freelancer
    - more diversity to armor, weapons and most importantly, scenes. Maybe some procedural generation of smaller details mixed with the algorithm basing on campaign map? That would improve on using same templates all over the place
    - more life and activities in cities and villages. Bring back good old Warband quests, ambushes, manhunters, nervous Man, belligerent drink
    - fix the sounds of clashing and fighting. There is a mod that makes it realistic, screams and slashes right now sound a bit grotesque
    - add hunting, camping, taking with your companions, relations, comments, some lore
    - maybe add wildlife and ambient sounds, scenes are a bit empty sound-wise.

Granted how the development and listening worked so far, I have a feel that I posted in vain, but these above just really could make the game better.
  8. Wojciech Bator

Plan for Mac(m1)

That's a separate architecture, small chance I'd say. Linux would be more realistic.
  9. Wojciech Bator

Beta Patch Notes e1.6.5

I mean the devs are the only people here that provide us with some infos here and there. Which really isn´t their job but it´s much appreciated.

I think it works the way that Community Support focuses on gathering the stuff and reports for the devs in the dedicated threads and given that the feedback from community is huge, they are doing well, looking at this forums. IMO, what we lack is the roadmaps with prioritization info, so that we know that BTS should enter before orders of battle or whatever and know what to expect.

From time to time we get the future plans or aggregate video and it's good, but it's a general overview with like 10 promises that will be delivered later than sooner. Also, TW could share feature branches with small chunk of willing to test community, but this is risky of getting accused of using the community for free. Not so easy to choose appropriate strategy, speaking as a dev myself. Their beta branch is again kinda aggregating these things and a safe solution with already tested things. I believe it is tested before released, despite what one may say.
  10. Wojciech Bator

SP - General Party Management Screen: Filter and Sort Options

Amazing idea of filtering! I'd also add Text Search for quick filtering the troops AND items (e.g. in shops or inventory) for a full text search matching ones. I find it annoying to always scroll through the stuff, even with current groups of gear etc. Both filters and search is a typical feature of modern apps and a big QoL improvement.
  11. Wojciech Bator

Do you want more complex features, such as proper formation behaviour in Bannerlord?

Yes. Of course we do want more complex features. More QoL features, like party screen enhancements, so you save upgrade preferences and an option to one click it, better and more complex quests, more art, more scenes, BTS, more realistic combat. More engagement from the game in a nutshell :smile: For a complex things, maybe some more fine grained diplomacy, sending envoys with messages. Working siege towers, maybe a freelancer-like game experience, start as a noble with castle, etc. It's a sandbox game and it's a trap for devs - there's a huge amount of things to be done so that the game feels alive, natural and fun to play. Right now it's a kinda love-hate relationship with emphasis on hate.
  12. Wojciech Bator

Metal, metal, metal

I'm providing you with a few more :smile:
    Singularity I: Edge of the Horizon

People have always dreamed. Civilization has progressed and it has made it possible to achieve the impossible. Highly advanced humanity has embarked on a bold plan to explore the supermassive black hole. This is the first part of their story.

Singularity II: Reborn

The dream continues to come true as the crew approaches the black hole. Will they find answers there? Or maybe people will never stop looking? Witness the grand finale of this epic journey!

13. Wojciech Bator

MP Chamber blocking is non-functional

I think that chambering could be easier if the attack direction changes in a fluid manner (with mouse, like in KCD), I think there's even a mod for it. That would probably break a thing or two and surely alter the combat feeling, but it could help with chambering, at least with picking the counter attack direction. TBH, I always wanted more fluid combat in M&B, both for blocking and attacking. I know it's more about the animation itself, but maybe it would ease up the direction part and reduce timing complexity. I think of the scenario, when players are approaching, attacker feints, changes direction, attacks, defender must do a quick block, pick a right direction and counter attack with perfect timing. Maybe switching attack directions just by mouse could allow defender to react faster on direction and focus more on timing to do a proper chamber. I guess I'd need to test this more with the mod and without, right now I'm just wondering.
  14. Wojciech Bator

My final verdict

M&B Bannerlord is a sad story. I was with M&B since like 2016 and 1866 western mod. I guess I'm not the only one that found out the series thanks to mods, it's probably the case for majority of fans. The broken promises of delivering the game in 2016, 17, 18 etc, good promotional materials that cheated the reality a bit (they promised things in 2016 that are not yet in the game, mid 2021), it all casted a shadow, but I gave it a shot and bought an early access. Of course we know how it works and how it does not. I've seen their code quality in an open letter points, I slowly realized that there's no chance of getting this game in good shape, it will forever be a mess, patched by a great modders community, real die-hard fans. Now I hear they work on space game and I know it's the end for me, I won't buy anything more from them.

I feel kinda sorry for MostBlunted, he was caring a lot, tried to point out broken things, sometimes in not polite way, but the thing is - he was mostly right about the state of the game. I regret buying it, wasting time, giving chances every patch and I give up. The thrill is gone for me, seeing it's progress, well maybe in 1.6 they will give us some thing promised back in 2017, then break 10 other things. The whole app feels like it's a tightly coupled crap software. New patch? All mods are not compatible. Some real in-game modding tool that will still load them and not crash the whole app? Nope. Some lore, good narrative? Nope, most of us could write a better story, now it's like - gain renown, meet lords, ask about the battle, assemble dragon banner, how sublime. I think their hype train was long and we expected too much. The game, in all honesty, is now like 5/10 for nice battles, but empty, lacking world and lackluster plot. I think it would get to an honest 6/10 when it's officially released but that's all. Missed chance for the greatest medieval experience and it's a shame.

Having said all of this, I'm 100% sure that even though TW is not doing well with the core game, thanks to mods and modders, I'll some day be back due to mods. Funny, but not.
  15. Wojciech Bator

Metal, metal, metal

I'm back with yet another metal song, this time it's a fruit of my new axe :grin: Let me introduce:

Have fun, consider ringing that subscribe bell and do not hesitate to write a few words of feedback!
Back
Top Bottom