Recent content by Warlord123123

1. Warlord123123

State of the main quest

There's basically no story to speak of. You rescue your siblings after you reach clan tier 1, then there's the Neretzes' folly, which tells the story of the battle of Pendraic castle from the perspective of (I think) 16 or 17 people, of which you "only" need to talk to 10 of. Then you talk to Istiana and Arzagos, hear about their perspectives on the empire, collect the 2 other parts of the dragon banner and choose to give the banner to a faction (empire or barbarian, you can also choose to create your own faction which can also be imperial or barbarian depending on the culture you choose for the kingdom). After you give the banner, there's no story except some campaign only unique cutscenes (by cutscenes I mean the animations that play when you get married, have a child, become a vassal, etc.) and 2 different endings depending on whether you chose to support the empire or barbarians that look like the intro (just look at them on youtube).

After giving the banner, the campaign devolves into a ****fest of you trying to get as much territory as possible while a conspiracy caravan or party spawning anywhere on the map and you having to stop them. When you fail to stop them, because you will fail, you're pretty much set up to fail unless you want to go insane (or unless the faction you're part of already pretty much controlled the world before giving the banner to a faction) all factions declare war on you and the late game becomes an even worse grindfest.

The campaign just falls flat, you can't even face off against Istiana or Arzagos, I don't think you can recruit Galter (or whatever the name of the bandit at the start was) or Istiana/Arzagos (the one you signed up with) as a companion. The game doesn't give you a badass conspiracy army consisting of a large number of elite units consisting of different cultures to defeat as a one time endgame boss. It could've given you a quest to conquer the settlement where Istiana/Arzagos (the enemy) resided in before you gave the banner and then pulled a switcheroo on you by making you defend the settlement against the conspiracy giga-army led by your arch enemy, but no. The campaign after a point just stops giving a **** and tells you to straight up conquer 1/3 of the map. The conspiracy quest could've been a timed quest that increased or decreased the strength of the conspiracy army based on your actions regarding the conspiracy caravans and whatnot (a score of 1000 being +1k men, a complete quest failure would be a score of 2000, meaning that the giga army would have +2k men, a successful quest would decrease the number of men to the base number of 500 to 1000, etc.).
    Thanks, I cant believe they went live with this mockery of a main quest.
  2. Warlord123123

State of the main quest

I am playing sandbox with the arrange marriages mod and i think it's better than the campaign. The way the game dose marriage is bad compared to warband, so i got a mod that cut out the RNG. I got my character married and over time each of the companion's married peasants all have their own little families and i can use their wives for Governers or caravans.
    Good to hear that you are enjoying your marriage roleplay, but I still want an answer about the story questline. :smile:
  3. Warlord123123

Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord Video Review by IGN

Their account is full of money. But it is good to see a honest review and a fair score.

Yea, but if TW is ignoring their community, then maybe they will listen to mainstream gaming reviews.
  4. Warlord123123

Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord Video Review by IGN

6/10 is a fair score I reckon. Hopefully, devs (especially their managers) take this into account.
  5. Warlord123123

State of the main quest

Haven't really played the campaign and the main quest for a long, long time now.

Just tested 1.7.0 sandbox with 20 or so hours, saw that gameplay is more robust and not as empty (but still empty if not for the mods :smile: ), but the question was raised .. is the story campaign worth it now? Should I even try it out after a year of pause?

How about now? Are main campaign quests done and somewhat enjoyable?
  6. Warlord123123

Suggestion for a future M&B game.

Just open up a donation page or Patreon if your mod rocks so badly or go and work for TW. There's no point in this thread.
  7. Warlord123123

This game sucks

It's one of the biggest frustrations that a community has ever experienced. This game had a potential, but it sucks. Devs are incompetent, the job is unfinished, the boss doesn't give a damn, and seems like no one knows what to do. Here's the fundamentals of Turkish business mentality. As a Turkish man myself I shouldn't have been surprised at all.
    Can't say I disagree.
    I mean, its fun for a few hours until you realize that its still a bland grind fest with lackluster features, boring end-game and no clear roadmap on what to expect ahead.

Still needs a year or so for mods to evolve. RIP console version, thought.
  8. Warlord123123

Feasts by Bloc

@Callum would it please be possible if you could ask for us what particular in-game "other systems" would be broken by lords having feasts in peacetime?

Other systems means spaghetti code that developers don't want to touch because they don't want to mess up the console launch (which is anyhow doomed, since this isn't a console game).
  9. Warlord123123

Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine III

@Dejan are we going to to get an update to the "Plans for the Singleplayer"? Been over a year and almost everything on here is updated. Whats next?
    The game seems dead to me. Maybe they moved already to the next project or console version, hard to say.
  10. Warlord123123

Resolved General Modding kit won't launch at all

no message. I click Launch Tools from steam and it will show that it is launching but after 2 seconds the Launch option is back on my steam page for the tools.

Same also in 2022.

Seems that mod kit testing was done via good old "works on my machine, we are ready to go!"
  11. Warlord123123

i shouldnt have to exploit the game to take part in the most common part of it.
    Didn't say that players can win only via this exploit. Just that combat is easy and exploitable. If you have some weird **** happening like God-like blocking and movements faster than the speed of light, that's probably "Realistic" combat mod or similar. In any case - not related to roadmap and macro level plans.
  12. Warlord123123

what do reflexes matter when you block and it goes through your defense or they dont block and it magically gets deflected from directly behind him? when you get your skills up and your hit box gets large ya it becomes easy but this is a bad system and its takes ages to get up there and when you do its not satisfying either. '

and if they cant tell that their game is broken to a fault by now theres really no helping them. this is bs.
    Create a video and submit as a bug. I haven't seen any spider man blocks from behind. If anything - there's an easy exploit how to kill any AI, just go around him (round and round) and wack him with your sword, they are really bad at blocking. And yes, I am talking also about nobles.
  13. Warlord123123

any plans to fix arena? ive just watched the ai cheat literally 30 matches in a row where either i dont get hits and it goes right through them or the ai makes hits it shouldnt or blocks it shouldnt from across its body or something else. ive seen it pull nonsense out of its back side so ridiculous all you can do is laugh.

seems even worse then it used to be. then your allies no matter their stats can only take one hit and always go down, and their guys even with a two handed weapon almost always take 2 hits and speed advantages and machine gun volleys at me even if they are your own men and you know they dont have any stats. their teams tend to run together as a group. mine? i get 2 of the enemy groups that come after us instead of going after the group across from them and one of our guys runs off after the 4th team by himself and the others split after the other 2.

do you guys just not play your own game or what? not cool.
    If anything - its too easy. Probably you are fighting with a two-handed weapon and still need to build up your real-life reflexes. Play Chivalry 2, after that Bannerlord will seem as a walk in a park.
    But anyway, if you believe there's a bug, it should go to bug section not future roadmap. Just sayin.
  14. Warlord123123

This stressful mechanic must stop!

I don't think any of us deserve problems like this to be answered with "install mods".

Personally, the only complaint I have and I accept that answer is the fact that I cannot have a polygamous marriage. And from what I saw, no moder came up with that :sad:
    At this speed, mods is all we have. Base game gets boring too damn fast, especially if you are over 100 hours.

Also, there is a mod.
Back
Top Bottom