Recent content by vitmainlem

1. Is anyone know how to transfer modded item to other Mod?

So I made a weapon base on the native and I want to transfer the weapon to The Last Days of the Third Age.
  2. [NEED HELP] Does anyone know why using Openbrf to import obj will look like the picture?

Did you export the mesh before performing the UV-Mapping? You might want to reexport the mesh to insure you're exporting the UVs as well.
    Oh I think that is the problem is, thank you for point that out.
  3. [NEED HELP] Does anyone know why using Openbrf to import obj will look like the picture?

This is the texture linked above compressed in DXT1 dds

It should work for you. Just drop it into the texture folder, register it in the item's brf as a texture, and then make the material. Based on that tutorial from earlier.

So now I managed to use the texture, but the dds is not cover the item correctly...
  4. [NEED HELP] Does anyone know why using Openbrf to import obj will look like the picture?

This is the texture linked above compressed in DXT1 dds

It should work for you. Just drop it into the texture folder, register it in the item's brf as a texture, and then make the material. Based on that tutorial from earlier.

Ok I got it. Thank you.
  5. [NEED HELP] Does anyone know why using Openbrf to import obj will look like the picture?

您在更新文件格式之间是否重新加载了 OpenBRF?在您重新打开应用程序或按 F5 之前,它不会重新加载纹理文件
    哦,我会尝试一下
    tried not working...
  6. [NEED HELP] Does anyone know why using Openbrf to import obj will look like the picture?

What compression format did you use?
    I tried all three
    Also does resolution of the dds effect on openBrf?
  7. [NEED HELP] Does anyone know why using Openbrf to import obj will look like the picture?

MountBlade Warband\Modules\your-mod\Textures\ you would put your textures here

This is not going to work, dds has TONS of different compression formats, this doesn't seem to use one that OpenBRF will read.

Additionally, it's very important to have the control to choose the correct compression format. Based on your alpha channel transparency, you will need different ones.

A good free software with built in DDS support is https://getpaint.net/

GCnUP.png

This is the paint.net dds dialog, only use these three. These are all that WB will be able to read.

a: DXT1, No Alpha or 1-bit Alpha
    b: DXT3, Sharp Alpha, Very little semi-transparency
    c: DXT5, Smooth Alpha, Good soft semi-transparency
    OK, nice and clear thank you
    So i tried it seem to still same nothing changed
  8. [NEED HELP] Does anyone know why using Openbrf to import obj will look like the picture?

Based on those pictures it looks like OpenBRF either cannot find the texture, so you have it in the wrong texture folder, or the compression you chose isn't the correct one. What app did you use to convert the texture to dds?
    Also what do you mean about texture folder?
  9. [NEED HELP] Does anyone know why using Openbrf to import obj will look like the picture?

Based on those pictures it looks like OpenBRF either cannot find the texture, so you have it in the wrong texture folder, or the compression you chose isn't the correct one. What app did you use to convert the texture to dds?
    This is what I use convert the texture to dds = https://www.aconvert.com/image/png-to-dds/
    and dds is in 4k
  10. [NEED HELP] Does anyone know why using Openbrf to import obj will look like the picture?

You need to export it as a dds texture using the DXT1 - DXT5 compression format, into you mod's Texture folder (Some apps will call it BC1 - BC3). Then in the brf with the mesh, import the texture, it will ask if you would like to create a material with the same name, check yes, then apply that material to the mesh.

To learn some basic functions of OpenBRF, there is this tutorial: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...tools-managing-resources-with-openbrf.385750/

That tutorial has a section on how to set up a material, including what settings and shaders to use.

Make sure to check the tutorial threads. There should be tutorials covering every step we have gone over. Sometimes the tools or techniques will be out dated, but it's not too hard to figure out how to apply them to modern apps.

Using the filters you can limit it to Tutorials and 3D Art.

This one was one of the first results from that search, it seems to be a good fit to answer the questions you have:
    Thanks for replies.
    So I did what asked but I don't know why it is not working:

This is the dds I converted(4096x4096)
    Screenshot%202023-07-17%20142741.png

Material
    Screenshot%202023-07-17%20142903.png

Texture
    Screenshot%202023-07-17%20142915.png
  11. [NEED HELP] Does anyone know why using Openbrf to import obj will look like the picture?

Check YouTube for some tutorials on how to texture models on Blender. It will be much more indepth than anything I can tell you here.

By default, any weapons you add will only be available to you. You will need to add it to the troops' inventories for them to have it. NPCs do not buy from shops like the player does.
    Hello, So do you know how to import this dds?
    Blade_MB_Texture.png
  12. [NEED HELP] Does anyone know why using Openbrf to import obj will look like the picture?

Check YouTube for some tutorials on how to texture models on Blender. It will be much more indepth than anything I can tell you here.

By default, any weapons you add will only be available to you. You will need to add it to the troops' inventories for them to have it. NPCs do not buy from shops like the player does.
    So I know how to make texture in blender but I not sure how to import it to the game.
  13. [NEED HELP] Does anyone know why using Openbrf to import obj will look like the picture?

100%, it was my pleasure!

Welcome to the community, I look forward to seeing what you can do.
    Also do you know how to make texture?
  14. [NEED HELP] Does anyone know why using Openbrf to import obj will look like the picture?

https://earendil_ardamire.gitlab.io/modding-guide/Subpages/Documentation_Module_System/Module_Items.html
    Will have all the flags and descriptions from each.

What you have underlined are the mesh entries. ("b_bastard_sword",0), sets the main mesh, 0 is main/equipped mesh, as b_bastard_sword and
    ("scab_bastardsw_b", ixmesh_carry) sets the carry/scabbard mesh as scab_bastardsw_b.

Those need to match the name of the mesh inside the BRF exactly. So if you named your mesh my_cool_sword inside OpenBRF you would need to do ("my_cool_sword",0), to have that item reflect your new sword mesh.

You don't need a carry mesh declared, it's just if you have one. I suggest you search for a tutorial on adding scabbards and their vertex animations if you are interested in that.
    thank you reply
    So is ways to make a custom weapon only useable for player, not other npc?
  15. [NEED HELP] Does anyone know why using Openbrf to import obj will look like the picture?

https://earendil_ardamire.gitlab.io/modding-guide/Subpages/Documentation_Module_System/Module_Items.html
    Will have all the flags and descriptions from each.

What you have underlined are the mesh entries. ("b_bastard_sword",0), sets the main mesh, 0 is main/equipped mesh, as b_bastard_sword and
    ("scab_bastardsw_b", ixmesh_carry) sets the carry/scabbard mesh as scab_bastardsw_b.

Those need to match the name of the mesh inside the BRF exactly. So if you named your mesh my_cool_sword inside OpenBRF you would need to do ("my_cool_sword",0), to have that item reflect your new sword mesh.

You don't need a carry mesh declared, it's just if you have one. I suggest you search for a tutorial on adding scabbards and their vertex animations if you are interested in that.
    Thank you for your answering!(y)
Back
Top Bottom